Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murder at Hotel Roma II

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Re: Murder at Hotel Roma II

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    WOW ! ... That's 3 in less than 2 months ... For a small beach town its doin a hell of a job keeping the local coroner busy.
    I have walked around and driven around, all hours of the day and night in the Dominican Republic (including in Sosua) and never felt unsafe.

I would guess most of these murders are by people who know the victims (Not random murders of strangers).

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    I have walked around and driven around, all hours of the day and night in the Dominican Republic (including in Sosua) and never felt unsafe.

I would guess most of these murders are by people who know the victims (Not random murders of strangers).
    That's a great point for the newbies that are lurk the site. How many stories are out there about random murders in these tourist areas? How many violent mugging of tourists stories?

Getting robbed by hookers, or getting into drunk brawls are different than random violence.... Remember mongers are a small percentage of the people that travel to RD.

also if your a target at home you probably a target in a developing country aswell
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

whatsapp

Good free program for cell phones. I put my DR cell phone numbers in my cell phone (I have had numerous DR cell phone numbers, sometimes lose the sim card or forget the number).

The other day scrolled through contacts in whatsapp (which are the same contacts in the cell phone). I see the entry for a prior DR cell number I used in whatsapp, with a photo of a chica. The number was stored with my name. It was one of my prior numbers that I had not used or recharged in over a year and Claro gave it some woman in the DR. I start chatting with her in whatsapp, explain that it was my prior number, eventually invited her to visit Santiago from Puerto Plata, she said sure with her sister who is the same age (maybe twins), next time I am in DR. Seems she is a big girl, with full round tetas.

Redondo, lleno senos (full round tits). My Spanish is not perfect.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sexo Urbano, Santo Domingo

Including Zona Colonial (Ciudad Colonial) and Boca Chica. Video from a while ago, some of the venues are no longer there.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1634592

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Driving, Santo Domingo

Video shows driving from and to the Las Americas International Airport (SDQ) and some of the major roads in the City of Santo Domingo;

Jetblue New York JFK to SDQ Santo Domingo, have to be there at least an hour before flight time (even if you check in online). I got there late one time and was put on a later flight that day, cost me nothing. First five rows or so and the exit rows have slightly more space, JFK to SDQ, price was an extra $25US to sit in those seats, free snacks, soda, juice, water and coffee, for all passengers. Free movies.

I always travel with some bikinis, aeropostale bikinis in the sale section online, usually under $20US. Jacuzzi open to the sky on the 9th floor of the Barcelo Santo Domingo Hotel, adjacent to the club premium lounge.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

www.barcelo.com/

Avenida Maximo Gomez and Avenida 27 de Febrero, former Lina Hotel.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Salsa

Michel "Extrañandote" (missing you), As-salam alaykum.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crytonb99 View Post
    Anyone ever stayed here? Probably another option.

Sanchez Santo Domingo

stay@sanchezsantodomingo.com
    www.SanchezSantoDomingo.com

Tel: 809 437 9509
    Addr: Calle Sanchez 260, Zona Colonial, Santo Domingo, Republica Dominicana

I don't think they are the sort of hotel that allows frequent guests to your room. DMV if you don't mind can you stop by and check it out?
    Stopped by the place yesterday. It's not a hotel in the usual sense but a grand old colonial being converted into boutique hostel. The have rooms for as little as $25 per night. These are older but clean and on the second floor.

The newer ones are not done as of yet ( end of this month). They are on the ground floor ( four units) and the owners would like to rent them out to a group. The guy showing me the place said they are booked already.

If you had four guys traveling together for a week it would be worth it. You get the entire floor to yourselves with a cook, pool and lounge area. The price for one night was $600.00 for the entire floor but the price would come down if you stayed a week.

I'll stop by again when it's finished but I can tell it's going to be nice. The are also putting in a business center with individual rooms you can rent for the day (1000 pesos) that will have everything thing you need if you need to conduct business.

Don't know if they are catering to the Monger crowd, but hey if you pay for the entire floor what can they say. Also the guy told me a band is renting the place. Musicians and sex, I think they go together.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    WOW ! ... That's 3 in less than 2 months ... For a small beach town its doin a hell of a job keeping the local coroner busy.
    Getting back to the subject of the thread...

And here's another on the North coast, this time in Cabrera.....
    http://www.detrasdelrumor.com/index....esa-en-cabrera
    Last edited by MrHappy; 07-22-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

This was a dutch woman, went by the name of Gina. Said to be a very nice lady who was apparently killed by her boyfriend and some of his friends for the payroll from the salon she managed. Very sad. "trust no one"

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Getting back to the subject of the thread...

And here's another on the North coast, this time in Cabrera.....
    http://www.detrasdelrumor.com/index....esa-en-cabrera
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information