Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: 07/2013 - pasteur

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Re: Hotel Navarro rooms with express rates

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    You missed Hotel Senorial on the next street over on Vincini Burgos. They have a nice little restaurant there as well, and it's very common to find an available girl or two hanging out there.
    Yes a great Italian restaurant. I think the name is D'Mario. One night three stunners came in and everyone dropped their knives a forks for a moment. Usually they hang out the lobby
    I'm a Payer not a Player

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Re: Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    The Intercontinental V Centanario Hotel before the Hotel Shakey and after the Hotel Shakey was erected. V Centanario is now called the Crowne Plaza, photo taken during the paint job and the remodel of the pool deck (camera lens had some fog on it). New lighter outside color might make the building cooler during the day, maybe reducing energy costs to cool the building.
    Looks like they are giving it an nice facelift. I have stayed there before and although very comfortable and well located, it was showing its age. Hope the price doesn't go up too much with the rebranding!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Re: pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by JoseTalapia View Post
    Good points guys, I have not had much negative interaction with the Cuban owners of these places. I am from South Floirda and most of the Cubans have ties to South Florida and several have lived there. They are generally friendly with me. I cant speak to their character as I dont know them that well. However the nature of their business lends itself to people of questionable backgrounds.

In May I was having dinner with a fav and her cousin who also worked at the Girl House and she got into a beef with the Jefe and the guy went balistic. He was screaming that he has been to prison, he doesn't give a shit and was really threatening her. Other girls have told me the Cubans treat them like shit. Therefore when something like this happens they are not going to get to much sympathy.

I have been going to the Casa's on Pasteur for about 4 years and have meet a lot of hot women. Normally I get phone numbers and give them my Dominican number and therefore don't pay the 3,5000 pesos the clubs charge. I also find walking on Independencia at night to be safe and have never had a problem or feared for my safety. The only pain in the ass are the street hustlers. I have come to like the Gazcue area and therefore I will miss some of these places.

I agree with JAO's point about the millions of $$ being invested by big companies and them not wanting the Casa's in their back yards. It's not just the Casa's but the street hustlers they produce. I have stayed at the Jaragua and Intercontinental and you can barely get out the door and on the Malecon without these bastards really hassling you. Some are very persistent and wont leave you alone. They dont realize that not everyone is in Santo Domingo to get a puta. Some guys are just in town on business and just want to go out and get a breath of fresh air and maybe sip on a Presidente. I am reasonably certain that the management of the big hotels have received tons of complaints about these guys. I think this also played a large part in these places getting shout down.
    Well said. From what I have been told, women like working for the Cuban who owns 305. He has always been nice to me (mid 30s in age, not too tall, shaved head). He speaks perfect English.

I have stopped in at 305 just to have a beer or a bottled water and check out the scene. I have seen women who were not working there, visit.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You missed Hotel Senorial on the next street over on Vincini Burgos. They have a nice little restaurant there as well, and it's very common to find an available girl or two hanging out there.
    That is a good street to take if you want to drive east on the Malecon (toward baby dolls, foxys, D'Luis Parrilada and the pontoon bridge). Where that street intersects with the Malecon is an obelisk that gives you space to make a left and merge into eastbound traffic.

I'll check out the EL Senorial Hotel on a future trip, thanks for the tip.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by JoseTalapia View Post
    Some guys are just in town on business and just want to go out and get a breath of fresh air and maybe sip on a Presidente.
    I was told the El Embajador Hotel (The Ambassador Hotel) updated its lobby recently and maybe made other improvements (I haven't stayed there in years). Some businessmen use this hotel. It is chica friendly, large rooms with balconies, best pool I have used in Santo Domingo, had good free wifi throughout the hotel when I stayed there. Every year there are fashion shows at the El Embajador. Located in the Bella Vista neighborhood off of Avenida Sarasota (nice area). When I stayed there, there were freelancers on the street in front of the hotel and years ago there were SWs on Avenida Sarasota in that area. Hotel BQ is close-by and has a rooftop pool and disco/bar. http://www.occidentalhotels.com/city...l-el-embajador

Photos from the internet. The fashion shows at the El Embajador Hotel might be starting now.
    Last edited by Jao; 09-22-2013 at 11:12 AM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Sometimes they're just trying to hustle the unsuspecting Gringo. Not doing anybody a "favor" and trying to line their stinking, greedy little pockets.
    I hear you, brother.

Great thing about a Board like this, is a person (with just a little research) can avoid some hiccups.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Changes

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Looks like they are giving it an nice facelift. I have stayed there before and although very comfortable and well located, it was showing its age. Hope the price doesn't go up too much with the rebranding!
    Weekend rate is about $100US which includes all taxes, for up to three people in the room (rate from their webpage). Add $10US for two people ($5US each) for breakfast.

Weekend rates at the big hotels is sometimes 50% cheaper. BYEBYE15 promo code for Orbitz will take 15% off the base rate.

Last time I was near the Crowne Plaza entrance, there was a large new SUV with a Haiti license plate. The SUV brand was JMC (not GMC), first time I saw that brand.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The Baby Dolls, Foxys, D' Luis Parrillada Restaurant and Parrillada Malecon 7

About 12 blocks east of Avenida Pasteur is The Baby Dolls (I was told they are open 24/7). Across the street from the Baby Dolls is a parking lot (parqueo clientes) for D' Luis Parrillada Restaurant and another restaurant. Adjacent to that parking lot is Foxys. Across the street and about 50 feet down the block is D' Luis Parrillada (grill) Restaurant, open 24/7 for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just for drinks (last time I was there the baseball player Miguel Tejada came in to eat). Next door to D' Luis Parrillada is La Parrillada Malecón 7 Restaurant.

Menu with prices for D' Luis Parrillada; http://www.menu.com.do/restaurante-1...arrillada.html

Video of La Parrillada Malecón 7;

Foxys photos were taken over a year ago, the other photos were taken August 2013.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

Re: 07/2013 - pasteur

Thanks Jao. Always providing good info. D' Luis Parrillada is one of my favorite restaurants in the Capital. Always go to hit it at least once when I'm there.
    trEPP33

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 376 Posts

Some of the tables there are right out over the waves.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tonto4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto4 View Post
    Some of the tables there are right out over the waves.
    Casual, sometimes a guy or two guys will come to the table strum a guitar and sing a song. I asked one guy to sing "Guantanamera" (Cuban song), he sang it well. D' Luis Parrillada just for drinks or appetizers too.

Havana Cuba, "Guantanamera":

"Juan of the Dead" zombie movie (humorous) filmed in Cuba and Spain; http://www.juanofthedeadmovie.com/lang/en/

Some photos from Foursquare of D' Luis Parrillada, Santo Domingo; https://foursquare.com/v/d-luis-parr...2d2dfc31eb31c6
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

SWs on Avenida Espana near the Hotel Aquarium (beginning part of Avenida Espana near Avenida Charles de Gaulle). SWs on the Malecon between Lincoln and Churchill and up the block on Churchill from the Malecon (Churchill on Google Maps is called Avenida Jimenez Moya south of Ave. 27 de Febrero to the Malecon). Tranvestite SWs on Ave. Ortega and Gassett north of Kennedy. Also tranvestite SWs on Avenida St. Vincent de Paul (Santo Domingo Este).

Ejecutivo maybe doesn't get posted about alot. I have never visited but have read a few posts about the place from years ago. Could be on the Marginal (service road) for Las Americas Highway near Avenida St. Vincent de Paul. Might be the Ejecutivo that has a classified in listin diario; http://www.listindiario.com/clasific...rvicios+Varios

"Te invita a disfrutar de un ambiente totalmente renovado en su personal, ven y conoce una nueva modalidad (Dancing Massaje) Especiales en bebidad nacionales. Aceptamos tarjeta de credito. 594-8920. EJECUTIVO CAFE BAR"

Another place called Ejecutivo: "Te invita a conocer nuevo centro de entretención con todas las comodidades que tu te puedas imaginar. Abierto desde 10:30 A.M. 809-566-9580 EJECUTIVO VIP"

Two other places with classifieds in listin diario today: "TANTRA MASAJES: Un lugar discreto y elegante donde encontrar placer y relajación Para hombres, mujeres y parejas Teléfono y Whatsapp 829-668-7510"

"SPA CASA DE MUÑECAS!! Solo para caballeros, con las mas hermosas chicas , Especiales de masajes desde $1,000. - 829-254-0999, 849- 881-1277 Nueva ubicación"

A place called Casandra had classifieds in listin diario. A street hustler guy who I have known for years on Pasteur, told me about a place called Casandra on Avenida 27 de Febrero, he told me price for two was 2500 pesos. He offered to take me there on his moto or show me in my car. I didnt go.

Mundo Anuncio has various classifieds for p4p. Gim Bar (GBP), Doll Palace, Sliponme (nuru gell place), the Mansion (Santo Domingo Este) have classifieds in Mundo Anuncio; http://mundoanunciord.com/-1/posts/2...les/page1.html

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information