Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/2013 - pasteur

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Re: Sea Turtles

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    Yes.

Near where the sea turtles were born is Vesuvio restaurant, nice place, friendly staff, easier to drive and park there.

Also near to where the sea turtles were born is Adrians Tropical Restaurant (I believe open 24/7). http://www.zonacolonial.com/wheretoeat/adrian-tropical

Also nearby, Dollhouse, next door to the Hilton, supposedly gets strippers/dancers from various countries.

3-4 blocks from the Hilton is casa de modelos, I was told when I visited, it is open 24/7. Low key place, might have a pool table.

Just about behind the Hilton is Platinum Disco, http://platinumdiscoclub.com/

Vacation apartment rentals in that area on the malecon and near Independencia.
    Vesuvio is a kind of nice-ish, kind of Italian-ish restaurant which specializes in shellfish (what a waste, I'm allergic but Chicas dig it). Right around the corner from Vesuvio is the 5 Star Sports Bar which is the best place in the entire country to watch football, basketball, baseball games and when Liga Dominicana has their playoffs the place is out of sight, actually the whole country goes kind of crazy during the championships.

Adrian Tropical has the best fresh fruit drinks I've ever tasted and the view is very seductive. I went into the Dollhouse twice (since 2006), stayed 5 minutes the first time and 45 seconds the last.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Vesuvio is a kind of nice-ish, kind of Italian-ish restaurant which specializes in shellfish (what a waste, I'm allergic but Chicas dig it). Right around the corner from Vesuvio is the 5 Star Sports Bar which is the best place in the entire country to watch football, basketball, baseball games and when Liga Dominicana has their playoffs the place is out of sight, actually the whole country goes kind of crazy during the championships.

Adrian Tropical has the best fresh fruit drinks I've ever tasted and the view is very seductive. I went into the Dollhouse twice (since 2006), stayed 5 minutes the first time and 45 seconds the last.
    5 Star might have a sports book, bet on American sports.

Barra Payan fruit shakes are good too, http://barrapayan.do/ (next door they have a place where they sell fruit).

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Vesuvio dates way back to the Trujillo days. At one time it was one of the most elegant in town. They frown on folks coming in with T-shirts and sandals during the day, and I'm not sure they'd let you in dressed like that at night. It's not unusual to be wining and dining with some of the country's most powerful folks in there.

I'd be embarrassed to take a street rat into a place like that.

The Pizzarelli pizza chain comes from that restaurant.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Plaza Juan Barón and Plaza Güibia

Some photos from the internet and some I took.

Both Plazas on Avenida George Washington.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Clap Re: pasteur

Vesuvio is excellent !

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Vesuvio dates way back to the Trujillo days. At one time it was one of the most elegant in town. They frown on folks coming in with T-shirts and sandals during the day, and I'm not sure they'd let you in dressed like that at night. It's not unusual to be wining and dining with some of the country's most powerful folks in there.

I never dress for the beach anyway, unless I'm actually at the beach. In Santo Domingo, going out anywhere requires a button up shirt, shoes and big boy pants.

You've seen the kind of Chicas I fuck with. They've already been there.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Vesuvio is the very first restaurant that we went to on our very first trip to the DR back in '02. I remember not being very impressed with the food. But I do remember thinking how cheap it was in comparison to comparable waterfront restaurants in the US.

After we finished eating there, we went to La Remington Palace for our very first Casa experience. We were blown away, to say the least.

Great memories!

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Re: pasteur

This thread should be a sticky. It's one of the most informative I've seen here. But then, I've been telling myself that I need to rediscover La Capital. Started out there 11 years ago, but have made Santiago my DR home since then.

Furthermore, I'm always flying into SDQ cause its usually the cheapest, most convenient flight for me. I'm gonna make a point to spend more time there.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastfood98 View Post
    May be off topic...but has anyone tried the sliponme place? looks promising.
    Located in Plaza Coplan, on their webpage they have a map that can be zoomed in and out.

Grabs of Plaza Coplan from google satellite (A=Plaza Coplan), slip on me massage, I believe on the 5th floor, http://www.sliponme.com/

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Located in Plaza Coplan, on their webpage they have a map that can be zoomed in and out.

Grabs of Plaza Coplan from google satellite (A=Plaza Coplan), slip on me massage, I believe on the 5th floor, http://www.sliponme.com/

Heading west on the Malecon towards the cabanas, they are one block past the Lebanese Social Club. Pass the Social club, then Thermos Envases, and they're next on the right.

I guess I'll have to take one for the team and try them out, even though 2K for a massage is a little preposterous.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Re: Plaza Juan Barón and Plaza Güibia

Some photos from the internet and some I took.

Both Plazas on Avenida George Washington.
    These are two nice places to spend a Sunday evening.

Plaza Juan Baron, has more of a family vibe. There is a Merry-go-round, go-cart racing, bike and electric cars for kids to ride. Tables and chairs and places to eat and drink. I've never seen any problems there, cuase back in ol DC this place wouldn't last two weekends before some knuckleheads FUCK IT UP!!

Plaza Guibia has more of a young person hang out. As Jao pointed out the cinema is across the street. I've seen more teenagers there doing what teenagers do.

It'S a good walk from one to the other. My girl said she wanted to go to Guibia after we finished eating and drinking at Plaza Baron. After we made the walk she wanted to cab it back, I said naw, we are walking. She said no. I'll pay for the taxi, JA JA JA
    I'm a Payer not a Player

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Heading west on the Malecon towards the cabanas, they are one block past the Lebanese Social Club. Pass the Social club, then Thermos Envases, and they're next on the right.

I guess I'll have to take one for the team and try them out, even though 2K for a massage is a little preposterous.
    The nuru gel is supposedly made from seaweed (non-staining, colorless, tasteless gel), maybe that gel is not cheap.

Over ten years ago in a massage place in boca chica (private home, don't remember a sign outside), at 3am I entered, chicas woke up, I chose one, went in a room with a small bed, clean. She started with the massage, then oral sex, then full sex (with condom), finished and I fell asleep there. Woke up to roosters crowing and daylight. I had been in that massage place earlier, they had like a book with different massages and different prices. The night I walked in at 3am a little drunk, I chose the cheapest massage and was happy.

Gracias.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The nuru gel is supposedly made from seaweed (non-staining, colorless, tasteless gel), maybe that gel is not cheap.

Over ten years ago in a massage place in boca chica (private home, don't remember a sign outside), at 3am I entered, chicas woke up, I chose one, went in a room with a small bed, clean. She started with the massage, then oral sex, then full sex (with condom), finished and I fell asleep there. Woke up to roosters crowing and daylight. I had been in that massage place earlier, they had like a book with different massages and different prices. The night I walked in at 3am a little drunk, I chose the cheapest massage and was happy.

Gracias.
    The best Ho Houses in Boca Chica are also disguised as private residences.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Clap Re: pasteur

Thanks Jao. This thread reminds me of Buenos Aires and all their clubs and privados.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

specializes in shellfish ( I'm allergic).
    Allergies are no joke. Near the three big hotels on the malecon and near numerous small hotels and zona colonial is Clinica Abreu, open 24/7 for any medical emergencies. At least one pharmacy open 24/7 near there as well. Clinica Abreu is located next to Consultorios de Visa (Avenida Independencia #202);

http://www.paginasamarillas.com.do/l...ica+Abreu.html

Clínica Abréu

Profesionales al servicio de la salud.

Beller 42 (next to 202 Ave. Independencia)
    Clasificado: Clínicas y Hospitales
    (809) 688-4411
    Página Web:http://www.clinicaabreu.com.do

"Clínica Abreu desde el 1941, es un centro médico moderno ubicado en la calle Beller No. 42, esquina Independencia, Santo Domingo, República Dominicana. Nuestro Próposito es brindarle salud a todo el que lo necesite. Contamos con los mejores profesionales:

Anestesiólogos, Cardiólogos, Cirujanos, Dermatólogos, Endocrinólogos, Neurólogos, Nutriólogos, Oftalmólogos, Ortopedistas, Otorrinolaringólogos, Patólogos, Pediatras, Psiquiatras, Radiólogos, Reumatólogos, Tomografía y Urólogos.

Contamos con servicio las 24 horas.

Tarjetas de Créditos que aceptan"

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias_...?id=384393&l=1
    http://www.panoramadiario.com/nacion...no/?no_cache=1

I travel with Benadryl tablets and the spray on Benadryl (immodium, prilosec, low dosage aspirin also).

Casa 305 is located at 305 Avenida Independencia near Avenida Pasteur. Clinica Abreu is in the direction of zona colonial from 305 and Avenida Pasteur (east, same direction as traffic). Calle Beller and Avenida Independencia is about three blocks from Avenida Pasteur.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Thanks Jao. This thread reminds me of Buenos Aires and all their clubs and privados.
    Dinner on me at the Argentinian Steak House in Santo Domingo, next time we are in santo domingo at the same time (you can buy the red wine, lol); http://www.asadordeantonio.com/ Gets good reviews.

Mèsi.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    Plaza Juan Baron, has more of a family vibe.
    Across the street from Plaza Juan Baron is a Pizzarela Restaurant (big slices of pizza and other food) and on the same block a German Beer Garden Restaurant (food looks good); http://www.biergarten-santodomingo.com/

BBQ - Todos los Sábados
    Comer como Puedas

Salchichas Alemán, Chuletas, Pollo y Mas

con Ens. de Papa y Ens. de Pasta
    de 6 p.m. a 11 p.m.
    250 RD$

Hotel Napolitano is about a block from plaza juan baron on the malecon, has Mint Disco, Ladies Night every Wednesday.

A house in zona colonial that has a bar and one photo from Mint.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dinner on me at the Argentinian Steak House in Santo Domingo, next time we are in santo domingo at the same time (you can buy the red wine, lol); http://www.asadordeantonio.com/ Gets good reviews.

Mèsi.
    Ya gotta try Cantabrico on Independence Ave. some time. You'll like it.

Abreu is my clinic of choice for many years. They are also known for hiring the best looking smartest girls coming out of Med School.

Makes you want to have a medical emergency!!

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Across the street from Plaza Juan Baron is a Pizzarela Restaurant (big slices of pizza and other food) and on the same block a German Beer Garden Restaurant (food looks good); http://www.biergarten-santodomingo.com/

BBQ - Todos los Sábados
    Comer como Puedas

Salchichas Alemán, Chuletas, Pollo y Mas

con Ens. de Papa y Ens. de Pasta
    de 6 p.m. a 11 p.m.
    250 RD$

Hotel Napolitano is about a block from plaza juan baron on the malecon, has Mint Disco, Ladies Night every Wednesday.

A house in zona colonial that has a bar and one photo from Mint.
    Don't forget Vienna Caribe, out on the 30 de Mayo (km 11) just before the Cabanas. They also have a BBQ every weekend with all you can eat meat. Obscenely good German food. (owner is German)

They also have a Small German deli as well with home made suasages and such.

I've taken a few members there that really liked it.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Casa 305 is located at 305 Avenida Independencia near Avenida Pasteur. Clinica Abreu is in the direction of zona colonial from 305 and Avenida Pasteur (east, same direction as traffic). Calle Beller and Avenida Independencia is about three blocks from Avenida Pasteur.
    From Pasteur to the Shell gas station along Independica there are 4 maybe more pharmacys. So whatever you might need I'm sure you will find it in one of these.

A friend just went to Clinica Abreu two days ago for food posion. I might have to go there if I don't stop eating these damn chicharones. At least the place I get them from is a block away from the clinica. LoL
    Last edited by DMV; 07-17-2013 at 01:41 PM.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information