Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 07/2013 - pasteur

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Re: pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Ya gotta try Cantabrico on Independence Ave. some time. You'll like it.

Abreu is my clinic of choice for many years. They are also known for hiring the best looking smartest girls coming out of Med School.

Makes you want to have a medical emergency!!
    There is another medical clinic with an entrance about 50 feet north of Avenida Independencia, maybe Abel Gonzalez, tall, pretty Medical Doctor there the one time I visited with an amiga.

Cantabrico I have walked by many times (when walking from the area near Pasteur to Zona Colonial), looks very nice from the outside, I'll try it the next time I am in SD.

Gracias.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Plaza Juan Barón and Plaza Güibia

Don't forget Vienna Caribe, out on the 30 de Mayo (km 11) just before the Cabanas. They also have a BBQ every weekend with all you can eat meat. Obscenely good German food. (owner is German)

They also have a Small German deli as well with home made suasages and such.

I've taken a few members there that really liked it.
    A few years ago I tried Chalet Suizo (Swiss Chalet) with a red swiss cross painted on the outside wall. Quiet the night I visited. Seems some nights they might have live music. It is located out on the malecon (autopista 30 de mayo) on the way to the cabañas, Haina and San Cristobal.

http://www.viajeros.com/destinos/san...ica-dominicana

I'll find Vienna Caribe as you recommend. Seems there is a good Swiss deli in Guayacanes adjacent to Juan Dolio (I have not visited that swiss deli).

Photos I took in Chalet Suizo.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    There is another medical clinic with an entrance about 50 feet north of Avenida Independencia, maybe Abel Gonzalez, tall, pretty Medical Doctor there the one time I visited with an amiga.

Cantabrico I have walked by many times (when walking from the area near Pasteur to Zona Colonial), looks very nice from the outside, I'll try it the next time I am in SD.

Gracias.
    Abel Gonzalez is correct. That's the original AG clinic. They have an Advanced Medicine Clinic (read "for rich folks") on Lincoln as well, just a few years old.

That's where I had my groundbreaking laproscopic surgery done when they first opened.(televised on the Discovery channel) One of the first done on the island, and the first in the world to be supervised via the internet by a famed laproscopic surgeon in Atlanta.(another first)

I'm a fucking groundbreaker,motherfuckers...
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

A few years ago I tried Chalet Suizo (Swiss Chalet) with a red swiss cross painted on the outside wall. Quiet the night I visited. Seems some nights they might have live music. It is located out on the malecon (autopista 30 de mayo) on the way to the cabañas, Haina and San Cristobal.

http://www.viajeros.com/destinos/san...ica-dominicana

I'll find Vienna Caribe as you recommend. Seems there is a good Swiss deli in Guayacanes adjacent to Juan Dolio (I have not visited that swiss deli).

Photos I took in Chalet Suizo.
    You have to be careful with descriptions. The Chalet Suizo is next door to Universidad del Caribe, right after you pass under the Nunez de Caceres overpass and past Metaldom. It used to be an excellent restaurant, but now it's a dump.

What you are calling the Chalet Suizo is the Vienna Caribe restarant that I mentioned. The video is from there too. The pictures are old as well. The doorway where the girl is standing was changed to a glass entrance 2-3 years ago.

They changed the name a few years ago. I'm not sure why they are calling it the Swiss Chalet in the review, but it may be because that was the name of it when the old owner had it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Avenida Pasteur y El Malecon

Photos taken from El Malecon and Avenida Pasteur, Santo Domingo.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ave. Pasteur between the Malecon and Ave. Independencia

Photos between the sea and Ave. Independencia on Pasteur.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Sea Turtles

Vesuvio dates way back to the Trujillo days. The Pizzarelli pizza chain comes from that restaurant.
    I just about always get a slice of pizza or two at the Pizzarelli restaurant on the first floor of the Santo Domingo Airport, before a flight home (before going through security). Sit at a table, eat the pizza and fill out out the immigration and custom forms. Supposedly free wifi in that area of the airport. Large slices of pizza, they also have other food. http://www.pizzarelli.com.do/

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Sea Turtles

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Vesuvio is the very first restaurant that we went to on our very first trip to the DR back in '02.
    I had a great tasting pasta dish in plaza espana (don't remember which restaurant, one of the ones closest to Atarazana or on Atarazana). Cream sauce it was delicious, sitting outside in the plaza (I was hungry after drinking earlier at the hard rock cafe). I have had good 2 x 1 mojitos at plaza espana, zona colonial, sitting outside.

Georgina Duluc was born in Santo Domingo, photo from Pat’e Palo Restaurant (plaza espana) website. http://www.patepalo.com/about/faces And some photos I took.

I am looking forward to visiting Santiago, to buy Master Kelner cigars at the cigar store in the Gran Almirante Hotel.
    Last edited by Jao; 07-17-2013 at 02:52 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    These are two nice places to spend a Sunday evening.
    In a prior post in another thread, you may have mentioned Ke Pollo and Pasta & Pasta Restaurant, El Conde, Zona Colonial. Good food, good service, good prices.
    Last edited by Jao; 07-17-2013 at 03:47 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Any pictures of Barra Payan sandwiches, that is a great late night snack.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

In a prior post in another thread, you may have mentioned Ke Polla and Pasta & Pasta Restaurant, El Conde, Zona Colonial. Good food, good service, good prices.
    You mentioned "CATS" over on Ave Gustavo Mejia Ricart (Plaza Uno) in a previous post. There's is a small yet surprisingly good Italian restaurant on the first level of the Plaza, "La Lasagne". I used to use the place to break the ice with Gata's girls and during their depositions I'd order up a little antipasto and mozzarella or pizza for us to snack on but after a while I started going there just to eat. That place is authentic Italian cuisine like the Old Country rather than the American version of Italian and they had pretty good wines which a lot of places in the D.R. can't claim.

We used to roll through CATS 5-8 deep at least once per trip and Gata (the owner back then) would send all the local Guys home, get on the phone and call up Chicas to our specifications. We always split the bar tabs evenly and I don't ever remember us buying less than $200-$300 worth of booze for ourselves and the Chicas. We imported packs of dollar bills there specifically for the Chicas who took turns at the pole. I swear, every time we went there it turned into a Batchellor Party. She left and moved to NJ and the new owner Elizama, as sweet as she is just doesn't have the same flair for an event nor the long list of contacts that Gata did....but she does have a magical Pum-Pum.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky White View Post
    Any pictures of Barra Payan sandwiches, that is a great late night snack.
    "Tony visits Barra Payan, a 24-hour eatery with delicious hot sandwiches"; http://www.travelchannel.com/video/a...e-night-eatery

Nice walk from there past the presidential palace (home there with interesting element, root looking structures along the outside). I saw a nice apartment building near there where a group of young Haitians were probably living.

I only visited Barra Payan one time, last May 2013, loved the fruit shake there, I got a few sandwiches to go, to eat back at the apartment. Walked to Barra Payan from Pasteur and Malecon, nice easy walk, I believe it is 30 de Marzo from park independence up toward 27 de febrero. Mannequin shops and musical instrument shops along that street.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    You mentioned "CATS" over on Ave Gustavo Mejia Ricart (Plaza Uno) in a previous post. There's is a small yet surprisingly good Italian restaurant on the first level of the Plaza, "La Lasagne". I used to use the place to break the ice with Gata's girls and during their depositions I'd order up a little antipasto and mozzarella or pizza for us to snack on but after a while I started going there just to eat. That place is authentic Italian cuisine like the Old Country rather than the American version of Italian and they had pretty good wines which a lot of places in the D.R. can't claim.

We used to roll through CATS 5-8 deep at least once per trip and Gata (the owner back then) would send all the local Guys home, get on the phone and call up Chicas to our specifications. We always split the bar tabs evenly and I don't ever remember us buying less than $200-$300 worth of booze for ourselves and the Chicas. We imported packs of dollar bills there specifically for the Chicas who took turns at the pole. I swear, every time we went there it turned into a Batchellor Party. She left and moved to NJ and the new owner Elizama, as sweet as she is just doesn't have the same flair for an event nor the long list of contacts that Gata did....but she does have a magical Pum-Pum.
    Nice.

Its a nice plaza where cats is located, excellent neighborhood. Praia a high end disco is about a block away and a chef pepper restaurant.

Always good to travel with some One Dollar Bills. I go to the bank before a trip and get $1US bills.

Cats last time I was there, I was greeted by a light skin woman, fishnet top, grapefruit size natural titties (white bra). Small venue, but as you know, can be fun.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not Pasteur

Plaza Acropolis, Avenida Winston Churchill.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nice.

Its a nice plaza where cats is located, excellent neighborhood. Praia a high end disco is about a block away and a chef pepper restaurant.

Always good to travel with some One Dollar Bills. I go to the bank before a trip and get $1US bills.

Cats last time I was there, I was greeted by a light skin woman, fishnet top, grapefruit size natural titties (white bra). Small venue, but as you know, can be fun.
    I used to do the same thing with 2 dollar bills. You can still order them from the bank, and it only takes them a day or two to get them.

Rest assured that whoever you give a 2 dollar bill, they will ALWAYS remember you (for whatever reason)

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Not Pasteur

Plaza Acropolis, Avenida Winston Churchill.
    If you are over 30 yrs of age, you'll feel a little uncomfortable hanging out there. Young hijas de mami and papi crowd.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you are over 30 yrs of age, you'll feel a little uncomfortable hanging out there. Young hijas de mami and papi crowd.
    You are correct, it is geared toward a younger crowd. The night I visited I was a younger man and there were a group of late 20, early thirty year old women having a small birthday celebration, I wished her happy birthday, friendly nice women.

Plaza Acropolis I believe has offices for Citibank http://www.acropolisdr.com/app/do/frontpage.aspx Also a Hooters (opened after I visited) and adjacent to the stairs is an Outback Steakhouse. http://www.outback.com.do/outback.php

Baseball playing on television, entertaining as well as watching the eye candy stroll by.

Also a mall and probably a movie theater at acropolis, indoor secure parking, metro bus station (nice) is not too far away. Further north on Churchill is a new mall, Blue Mall.

Some upcoming events at Acropolis and a raffle for a weekend in Sosua (from their webpage), the tower is called Citi Tower maybe for Citibank.
    Last edited by Jao; 07-17-2013 at 06:19 PM.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One block west of Pasteur

Happy ending massage place open during the day (and normal massage), calle cervantes one block up from Independencia. Entrance up and over the SUV in the photo.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are correct, it is geared toward a younger crowd. The night I visited I was a younger man and there were a group of late 20, early thirty year old women having a small birthday celebration, I wished her happy birthday, friendly nice women.

Plaza Acropolis I believe has offices for Citibank http://www.acropolisdr.com/app/do/frontpage.aspx Also a Hooters (opened after I visited) and adjacent to the stairs is an Outback Steakhouse. http://www.outback.com.do/outback.php

Baseball playing on television, entertaining as well as watching the eye candy stroll by.

Also a mall and probably a movie theater at acropolis, indoor secure parking, metro bus station (nice) is not too far away. Further north on Churchill is a new mall, Blue Mall.

Some upcoming events at Acropolis and a raffle for a weekend in Sosua (from their webpage), the tower is called Citi Tower maybe for Citibank.
    Two newer malls since Blue Mall. Agora Mall and Sambil Mall. Blue Mall will have a hotel on the upper floors very soon.

Those are the two "eye candy" malls at the moment. Acropolis and Blue Mall are practically deserted; both have lots of stores that have closed.

Did you ever get any pictures of Malecon Center Mall? Only one or two stores left. Everything else closed.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Did you ever get any pictures of Malecon Center Mall?
    Malecon Center has apartments and the Hilton Hotel. Hilton is nice, floor to ceiling windows facing the sea.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information