Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We hear about 100 Suck Shacks/Massage Parlors were closed !

Thanks

Re: We hear about 100 Suck Shacks/Massage Parlors were closed !

The Judge is correct.

Tourism is determined to clean up the international image of the Dominican Republic vis a vis 3rd world customs that 1st world visitors find offensive - including, the reputation for rampant prostitution in Sosua - in order to make the place more inviting for a return to family tourism.

They are taking a regulatory approach, because they can.

Arriba Bar, Rancho Tipico (Toro) and the Haitian bar in the D'Pepe Plaza have all been closed in Cabarete, ostensibly for regulatory violations of some kind, but in reality they were closed because they provided sanctuary to women of the night (and day) in the very middle of town which is no longer acceptable to the powers that be (the new powers that be, the locals are pretty horrified at the loss of revenue).

The Haitians were kicked off the street in Cabarete after 8:30p (so I was told last night) and eight women spent the night in jail last night (reported to me by one of them, a known thief, who was begging me for food after getting out of jail this morning).

I'm told that a Zona Rosada is against the law for some reason even though that would seem to present a solution that might satisfy all sides.

It is interesting to speculate as to what Tourism's next steps may be to clean up the DR's bad reputation where men go to buy sexual services (with all due respect to the more enthusiastic members of ISOC) because there is an organized and energized group of ex-patriots on the North Coast working towards this end who may end up being pretty effective for a change.

I wouldn't put it past them to arrest a couple of foreign tourists for supporting prostitution, if only to make a splash of ink and bandwidth.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

Cant those places just remain open as a hair salon? Take "massage" off the sign and keep the business up and running.

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    So put on your Flip flops and a pair of pants and walk to BELKIS, and see if they were shut down... to confirm.
    thats the first thing I would have done , if I lived there and "Heard" things like that...
    Kind of MAJOR news, if its true..
    You are in luck. Belki's is open, but all others are closed !

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRJones View Post
    The Judge is correct.

Tourism is determined to clean up the international image of the Dominican Republic vis a vis 3rd world customs that 1st world visitors find offensive - including, the reputation for rampant prostitution in Sosua - in order to make the place more inviting for a return to family tourism.

They are taking a regulatory approach, because they can.

Arriba Bar, Rancho Tipico (Toro) and the Haitian bar in the D'Pepe Plaza have all been closed in Cabarete, ostensibly for regulatory violations of some kind, but in reality they were closed because they provided sanctuary to women of the night (and day) in the very middle of town which is no longer acceptable to the powers that be (the new powers that be, the locals are pretty horrified at the loss of revenue).

The Haitians were kicked off the street in Cabarete after 8:30p (so I was told last night) and eight women spent the night in jail last night (reported to me by one of them, a known thief, who was begging me for food after getting out of jail this morning).

I'm told that a Zona Rosada is against the law for some reason even though that would seem to present a solution that might satisfy all sides.

It is interesting to speculate as to what Tourism's next steps may be to clean up the DR's bad reputation where men go to buy sexual services (with all due respect to the more enthusiastic members of ISOC) because there is an organized and energized group of ex-patriots on the North Coast working towards this end who may end up being pretty effective for a change.

I wouldn't put it past them to arrest a couple of foreign tourists for supporting prostitution, if only to make a splash of ink and bandwidth.

And for the girls and families that profit from prostitution what is it that they have to replace the money they make from the oldest profession.
    Since they are not from Sosua, I guess they really dont care...

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,029 Posts

I haven't pulled the trigger on my ticket for August yet......my this is a gloomy thread.....and I will await events.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Relax...this is nothing new. It happens each year. Tourismo checks out your establishment...bar, restaurant or massage place and if you don't have a license you get shut down. They give you a five day notice to comply.

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

For those unaware on what has been going on with Tourismo for the past 3 weeks, I will get you up to speed.

Each year Tourismo comes into your establishment to sell you an operating license, at the same time they do a health and safety inspection...and then they write you up for changes needed....such as a cleaner kitchen. Last year they never came around, so we had no licenses to buy. About 3 weeks ago they came in to all establishments in Sosua and Cabarete, not sure about others towns, did their inspections and on their list was that we needed an up to date Tourismo license. When you skip a year you need to start the whole process over again. Pictures of your place, menu, staff blood tests, business license and it goes on and on....and oh yes....money!

All of this stuff takes time and needs to be submitted by yourself or a representative in Santo Domingo. This week Tourismo came back and gave everybody who didn't have a license a five day to comply order or they would be shut down. Every bar/restaurant owner that I know in Sosua and Cabarete has received the letter. We can all be shut down by next Tuesday in theory.

Tourismo are nothing but thieves and do nothing to help bring tourist to the area, they only pretend to.

So that is where we all stand.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    You are in luck. Belki's is open, but all others are closed !
    I have never even stepped foot into Belkis, or any other suck shack in Sosua, EVER.
    just not my thing, not in Sosua, up here in the Northeast, the AMPS and Russian Parlors, of course..
    .. nothing against guys who enjoy them. I just dont buy plane tickets to go to a suck shack. I only got so many NUTS to spend,
    and and my age there are no "nuisance nuts", every nut is a GOOD nut.

... irrelevant to the topic though..
    and thanks for alerting us to this NEWS...

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    For those unaware on what has been going on with Tourismo for the past 3 weeks, I will get you up to speed.

Each year Tourismo comes into your establishment to sell you an operating license, at the same time they do a health and safety inspection...and then they write you up for changes needed....such as a cleaner kitchen. Last year they never came around, so we had no licenses to buy. About 3 weeks ago they came in to all establishments in Sosua and Cabarete, not sure about others towns, did their inspections and on their list was that we needed an up to date Tourismo license. When you skip a year you need to start the whole process over again. Pictures of your place, menu, staff blood tests, business license and it goes on and on....and oh yes....money!

All of this stuff takes time and needs to be submitted by yourself or a representative in Santo Domingo. This week Tourismo came back and gave everybody who didn't have a license a five day to comply order or they would be shut down. Every bar/restaurant owner that I know in Sosua and Cabarete has received the letter. We can all be shut down by next Tuesday in theory.

Tourismo are nothing but thieves and do nothing to help bring tourist to the area, they only pretend to.

So that is where we all stand.
    .....so go ahead and buy that plane ticket Count. Them babes with the big boobs are waiting for ya'!

And I'll be there too. Lets drink up a few grandes on the beach!

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,029 Posts

Ok, you've convinced me. It didn't take much, did it?........ And the first drink's on me!

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

Thanks

looks like Port au Prince may become a popular destination! lol

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to obiwon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Count View Post
    I'm kind of planning to come down for 10-14 days in mid August....is this wise?

If closing these places is the start of things to come, I don't want to arrive in the midst of a massive clampdown.
    you can always join kevy in pattay instead and then I will join you later in august

oooorrrrrrrrr; we can do meddy together .....its fuckin awesome compared to when I went in 2007 but then again I just finished a 2 hour session with the baconater........awesome best fuck I have had all year
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    I have never even stepped foot into Belkis, or any other suck shack in Sosua, EVER.
    just not my thing, not in Sosua, up here in the Northeast, the AMPS and Russian Parlors, of course..
    .. nothing against guys who enjoy them. I just dont buy plane tickets to go to a suck shack. I only got so many NUTS to spend,
    and and my age there are no "nuisance nuts", every nut is a GOOD nut.

... irrelevant to the topic though..
    and thanks for alerting us to this NEWS...
    Thanks for saying what i've been thinking every time i read about that "nuisance nut"

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Maybe we should change the name to the "uno grande nut" or something like that
    or the "blue ball release"
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Fuck it. I'm booked for July 26 and I'm gonna have a good time. I don't give a fuck what's going on. I'll get blasted and walk down Pedro Clisante with my dick out if I have to.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to surreal83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Maybe we should change the name to the "uno grande nut" or something like that
    or the "blue ball release"
    I always refer to the first one as clearing that deadly semen build up!

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by surreal83 View Post
    Fuck it. I'm booked for July 26 and I'm gonna have a good time. I don't give a fuck what's going on. I'll get blasted and walk down Pedro Clisante with my dick out if I have to.

Where have we heard that before?
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,844 Times in 377 Posts

This shit is fucking stupid. Why dont these people just let things be ? Everytime I read something like this about "changing" sosua it pisses me off to the max.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jonew1 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonew1 View Post
    This shit is fucking stupid. Why dont these people just let things be ? Everytime I read something like this about "changing" sosua it pisses me off to the max.
    I think you should buy a ticket, and we can all protest in the streets together..by buying ST's with the WHORES on the street..

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonew1 View Post
    I find that extremely funny. It's their town. If your neighbor wants to paint his house a different color, do you blow a gasket? NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE...

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information