Thread: This doesn't paint a positive picture

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

This doesn't paint a positive picture

Sorry if this was already posted. I have not seen it. The article is form Dominican Today and is three days old.

Dominican Government declares war on prostitute traffickers

Santo Domingo.- A report that ranks Dominican Republic at the top of people trafficking and smuggling concerns Justice minister Francisco Dominguez, who on Tuesday vowed to dismantle all networks operating in hotspots such as Sosua, Boca Chica, Las Terrenas and Higuey, as part of a campaign to eradicate the crime.
    He said in Sosua, Puerto Plata the authorities have shuttered businesses which semi-enslaved and prostituted women, including Haitians working out of hovels.
    “Families cannot enjoy Sosua, or the beach, or family tourism, it must be destroyed. We’re gathering the entire judiciary to disrupt Sosua’s trafficking networks," the official said, and affirmed that their next target is Boca Chica.
    He said the local networks will be dismantled first, and then on to the international traffickers.
    Dominguez, interviewed by outlet Listin Diario, said a ring which took Dominican women to a Caribbean island and stripped of their passports was busted this week.
    He said those women were in a semi enslaved situation, lasting several months to repay the money borrowed to leave the country, and were released only after making the entire payment.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: This doesn't paint a positive picture

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    Sorry if this was already posted. I have not seen it. The article is form Dominican Today and is three days old.

Santo Domingo.- A report that ranks Dominican Republic at the top of people trafficking and smuggling concerns Justice minister Francisco Dominguez, who on Tuesday vowed to dismantle all networks operating in hotspots such as Sosua, Boca Chica, Las Terrenas and Higuey, as part of a campaign to eradicate the crime.
    He said in Sosua, Puerto Plata the authorities have shuttered businesses which semi-enslaved and prostituted women, including Haitians working out of hovels.
    “Families cannot enjoy Sosua, or the beach, or family tourism, it must be destroyed. We’re gathering the entire judiciary to disrupt Sosua’s trafficking networks," the official said, and affirmed that their next target is Boca Chica.
    He said the local networks will be dismantled first, and then on to the international traffickers.
    Dominguez, interviewed by outlet Listin Diario, said a ring which took Dominican women to a Caribbean island and stripped of their passports was busted this week.
    He said those women were in a semi enslaved situation, lasting several months to repay the money borrowed to leave the country, and were released only after making the entire payment.
    The families of the chicas are the ones involved.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

This is a strange article. It starts by talking about human trafficking (Which IS a problem)...then starts talking about free lance prostitution, where the girls are FREE and targeting women just trying to feed their family in a country without wellfare....then starts talking about women who leave the country and their passport are taken and their are basicly slaves.

I am aware of Dominican workers who took jobs outside of Dominican Republic, who had their passport taken. Places include St Martin, Haiti, San Jose, ect. I agree this is a problem. BUT the Dominican government are targeting local operations who DO NOT enslave the women. The women are free to go anytime they like. If you shut down local options, more will opt for these international options, which take there passport and enslave them.

I guess this is business as usual in the DR. The government tries to solve a problem by making it worse.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Which families are they talking about every sunday there always Dominican families at the beach. In fact most of those families bring thier own food and drinks. They dont spend money like the gringos

7. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Could it be that the key is the "report that ranks Dominican Republic at the top of people trafficking and smuggling concerns "?

I know this is what happened in Cuba. At first Fidel was OK with the hoes. Saying that they work for extras, not necessities. That they didn't have to ho but did it by choice for relative luxury, not to ward off starvation. When a major article called Havana the Bangkok of the Caribbean they were embarrassed and cracked down.

c

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

The factor that bothers me more than anything, is the fact that previous news articles and press releases conflated "trafficking" with "paying for toto." Essentially, this is the Swedish model - the chica who offers toto for dinero is the Poor Poor Oppressed Trafficked Sex-Slave VICTIM!!! while the guy who offered her "Mil Quinientos" for an hour in bed is the Oppressive, Monstrous, Obscene Trafficker, who Deserves The Worst of Whatever The Righteous Authorities throw at him. If that's TL-DR, men are vilified for wanting sex, while the putas are branded as "Victims" for selling sex.

And selling sex is far more profitable than selling souvenir crap.

I will freely acknowledge that "monger money" means less than nothing, in the englamoured eyes of the North Shore politicians who are being seduced by the vision of Carnival Cruisers in Port Amber. Goddammit, I've been TOLD ALL MY LIFE that I'm worth next-to-nothing.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Which families are they talking about every sunday there always Dominican families at the beach. In fact most of those families bring thier own food and drinks. They dont spend money like the gringos
    Maybe there are three or four hundred families, and many are middle class.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    The factor that bothers me more than anything, is the fact that previous news articles and press releases conflated "trafficking" with "paying for toto." Essentially, this is the Swedish model - the chica who offers toto for dinero is the Poor Poor Oppressed Trafficked Sex-Slave VICTIM!!! while the guy who offered her "Mil Quinientos" for an hour in bed is the Oppressive, Monstrous, Obscene Trafficker, who Deserves The Worst of Whatever The Righteous Authorities throw at him. If that's TL-DR, men are vilified for wanting sex, while the putas are branded as "Victims" for selling sex.

I will freely acknowledge that "monger money" means less than nothing, in the englamoured eyes of the North Shore politicians who are being seduced by the vision of Carnival Cruisers in Port Amber. Goddammit, I've been TOLD ALL MY LIFE that I'm worth next-to-nothing.
    Westy, what you look for and see grows large in your mind and world. Change your focus to other things than what reflects on self worth. Please get independent from other peoples views because you are still carrying a huge burden. For therapy, feed stray dogs and cats or do something kind whenever the opportunity arises. I think your soul will eat it up. There are a billion Muslims that might want to stone us, millions of Christians thinking we are going to hell, hundreds of eyes disapproving of the way we dress and our hair cut or whatever. It's all bullshit. You have one life to live. See the beauty of a half naked chica...flowers and etc. If you see her/it looking amazing and beautiful, then that is you inside. There is no judging in that...

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    You have one life to live. See the beauty of a half naked chica...flowers and etc. If you see her/it looking amazing and beautiful, then that is you inside. There is no judging in that...
    I like the way you think ohmmmm!!!!

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

In the next 20 years, I may spend $12.95 on souvenirs but maybe $300,000 on sex and related items. But I am just one guy out of millions.

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

this is my positive pictures

you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

21. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    I know what you're saying WNM, but maybe you didnt quite catch Westy's positive photo... It's gotta be the NEW NaRive school after Westy put in for all resoures to paint the school before opening day! Congrats on a job well done!
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Awe man Boca Chica is next??? Come on leave BC alone
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    I know what you're saying WNM, but maybe you didnt quite catch Westy's positive photo... It's gotta be the NEW NaRive school after Westy put in for all resoures to paint the school before opening day! Congrats on a job well done!
    positive pictures means different things to different folks

and westy needs a round of applauce for all his help and contribtions to narive as well as all the other supporters

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Unfortunately, we can't afford to discuss this topic on the board intelligently. Moreover, most of the politicians, representatives, law officials, reputable mass media journalists don't want to touch on the subject. There has been a BBC televised forum which dealt with this topic. Basically, the result of the discussion was to take the issue of the morality of prostitution out of the equation. What is left then is a broad issue of labour migration.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The factor that really seems threatening to me - as a visitor, interested in giving one or more chicas a tangible and frankly-fungible gift as a quid pro quo for their generosity in terms of shared intimacy - is the notion that Some Busybody Governmental or Non-Governmental Entity will decide that the terms of my generosity are, in fact, Patriarchal Oppression of the Vilest Sort ... and therefore, Criminal in Intent according to the broadest-possible interpretation of any law they can twist to fit!

I don't doubt that the "So-Called Victim" would prefer a "gift" of fungible legal tender to the social construct of "wining and dining" and offering implicit promises that I have no intent of keeping. But, of course, I have no business as a "gringo pendejo" to offer anything I can't send by Western Union, and more importantly to EXPECT anything tangible or intangible in return for my tangible and fungible generosity!

The thing that bugs me is the idea that my desire to get something enjoyable for my money makes me a MONSTER - nothing but the life-support system for a rampant penis looking for something to rape, to violate, to fuck; no matter whether "Conchita" was willing to play-for-pay, or not. The very fact that she needs money, according to Victim Theory, means that we should turn-plaid-and-die to fill the bottomless "NEED" of the official parasites who define themselves as the Arbiters and Gate-keepers and Leaders of this frictive fiction they refer to as Society.

I have been generous to people who will never be able to pay me back ... more than once, more than here, more than recently.

Are you shaming me for not giving enough? In enough unchartable directions? Without enough abandon? Are you shaming me for hoping I might get some of my own needs met as a quid pro quo? Or are you just shaming me for sport, like a fox-hunter riding to chase the hounds who chase their prey - in the lovely, evocative words of Oscar Wilde, "the unspeakable in pursuit of the indigestible"?

Because I'm pretty hard to digest. For that matter, I'm damn-near impossible for me, myself, to digest.
    Last edited by Westy; 08-26-2013 at 12:20 AM.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    In the next 20 years, I may spend $12.95 on souvenirs but maybe $300,000 on sex and related items. But I am just one guy out of millions.
    Prostitution is a billion dollar business, but some people think there are only a few men that patronize prostitutes.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

What realy bothers me about this article, is that it equates prostitution to human trafficking. That is totally inacurrate. Most prostitutes entered into the profession by choice and can leave the profession any time they wish.

As far as people recruiting prostitutes from the DR to work in other countries and then confiscating there passport until their contract is forfilled? YES. This does go on. This also occurs in the agriculture and hotel industry. This is not a practice unique to prostitution.

But think about it. You pay for a poor worker to immigrate and travel to another country to work in your business. Within a week, they are unhappy and want to go home. They raise the airfare in another week or two and you loose your investment. Is this fair to the business?

Don't get me wrong. There is allot of abuse of power in this type of business agreement. BUT I also know chicas who made big money doing this. They just need to be very careful who they are dealing with and understand the terms of employment.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

The factor that really seems threatening to me - as a visitor, interested in giving one or more chicas a tangible and frankly-fungible gift as a quid pro quo for their generosity in terms of shared intimacy - is the notion that Some Busybody Governmental or Non-Governmental Entity will decide that the terms of my generosity are, in fact, Patriarchal Oppression of the Vilest Sort ... and therefore, Criminal in Intent according to the broadest-possible interpretation of any law they can twist to fit!

I don't doubt that the "So-Called Victim" would prefer a "gift" of fungible legal tender to the social construct of "wining and dining" and offering implicit promises that I have no intent of keeping. But, of course, I have no business as a "gringo pendejo" to offer anything I can't send by Western Union, and more importantly to EXPECT anything tangible or intangible in return for my tangible and fungible generosity!

The thing that bugs me is the idea that my desire to get something enjoyable for my money makes me a MONSTER - nothing but the life-support system for a rampant penis looking for something to rape, to violate, to fuck; no matter whether "Conchita" was willing to play-for-pay, or not. The very fact that she needs money, according to Victim Theory, means that we should turn-plaid-and-die to fill the bottomless "NEED" of the official parasites who define themselves as the Arbiters and Gate-keepers and Leaders of this frictive fiction they refer to as Society.

I have been generous to people who will never be able to pay me back ... more than once, more than here, more than recently.

Are you shaming me for not giving enough? In enough unchartable directions? Without enough abandon? Are you shaming me for hoping I might get some of my own needs met as a quid pro quo? Or are you just shaming me for sport, like a fox-hunter riding to chase the hounds who chase their prey - in the lovely, evocative words of Oscar Wilde, "the unspeakable in pursuit of the indigestible"?

Because I'm pretty hard to digest. For that matter, I'm damn-near impossible for me, myself, to digest.
    Outstanding post!

PP

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Passport Playa For This Useful Post:

Thread Information