Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 09/2013 - Synopsis & comparison Blackbeards & Field of Dreams

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Re: Synopsis & comparison Blackbeards & Field of Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by ElCristo View Post
    I have visited both places two weeks ago for an evening. BB is still the best of the two with by far better selection of girls and food. At BB the girls charge 1900 pesos for a Couple of hours and for an outsider ( not staying at the hotel) a room is 800 pesos for the same amount of time.
    May FOD a 2 hour session room and girl is 3500 and again the girls are very low end and not properly dressed most of the time. If you go to FOD during the day you will see most of the girls sleeping of the couches or on the chairs. It takes the mood down in my opinion.
    BBs has always struck me as a place where guys vacation to, they book a room, fly to DR just to stay at BB's and the place is set up accordingly as a vacation destination.

FOD seems like a place that was set up for gringos who booked a vacation to an AI with the family but want to slip away for a few hours for some strange.

Never been to BB's because it's so far out of the way for me but I've always heard good things. I've stopped in at FOD twice and was very underwhelmed both times. Chicas were basically a bunch of 4-6's in street clothes, not very enticing at all.

And those murals. Damn. It's like they really wanted to drive home the 'this place is totally amateur' concept.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,004 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    BBs has always struck me as a place where guys vacation to, they book a room, fly to DR just to stay at BB's and the place is set up accordingly as a vacation destination.

FOD seems like a place that was set up for gringos who booked a vacation to an AI with the family but want to slip away for a few hours for some strange.

Never been to BB's because it's so far out of the way for me but I've always heard good things. I've stopped in at FOD twice and was very underwhelmed both times. Chicas were basically a bunch of 4-6's in street clothes, not very enticing at all.

And those murals. Damn. It's like they really wanted to drive home the 'this place is totally amateur' concept.
    For the sake of exploration , you should make the extra step and visit BB... Talent is waay better and the girls were more friendly once you engage a conversation.
    The hottest girl i met at FOD was the waitress.. n she wasnt available for on site activities...
    If you don't do it, someone else will!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MH16 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,004 Times in 1,005 Posts

Re: 09/2013 - Synopsis & comparison Blackbeards & Field of Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    ...lemme know we can wing but I only want to spend one night in each spot preferably during the week...don't want any weekend action...
    During the week - My thoughts exactly..
    Staying at FOD - I never felt like staying overnight there. No vibe
    Staying at BB - An overnight sounds possible...

Week of Sept 27th is good for this guy

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MH16 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MH16 View Post
    For the sake of exploration , you should make the extra step and visit BB... Talent is waay better and the girls were more friendly once you engage a conversation.
    The hottest girl i met at FOD was the waitress.. n she wasnt available for on site activities...
    If I was ever going to go to BB's it would have been on my first trip. It's not worth the time for me to drive 90mins there and back when I can relax on the beach in Sosua or Cabarete and call chicas to come to me. I hate driving through Puerto Plata.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

Just a quick couple of notes from my recent trip. I started with Friday and Saturday night at BBs and did Monday and Tuesday before I left to close the trip. I never stayed at F.O.D. I visited there on a Wednesday to check it out (once I was staying in Sosua) so this is just what I experienced. Again, I can only comment briefly on F.O.D.

BBs current line up DESTROYS what I saw at FOD. The girls there were sleeping and not even dressed when I was there. It was probably better on a weekend but I was underwhelmed to say the least. Played a game of pool, bought a few drinks, was leaving and the bartender (who was not the friendliest fellow, sorry no name) tried to pull shenanigans with the bill. Again, this was just my experience so YMMV. On to Barba Negra.

I loved my stay there. A couple of strengths to Costambar (even though its not ideal for a day trip location wise).
    1. The beach - Not quite as beautiful as Sosua Beach but so much more peaceful
    2. The neighborhood - I enjoyed walking around many times and found all who I spoke to be very pleasant.
    3. The jacuzzi - At the end of the night, its fun to throw 500 at 3 or 4. Take em to the Jacuzzi and see if any win the TLN prize. Just a unique thing really.
    4. Chica quality - I concur with Cam, I'd say the average was 7 with a few definite 9s. They are friendly and were not nearly as pushy as the FOD girls.
    5. GFE - I think this may have gotten better, as I know with comment cards and the chica of the month BB is actively trying to improve this. I'd be interested to hear an updated review Cam. Maybe in addition to the 4000 DOP girl, you can spend a few nights at Barba Negra to celebrate the upcoming retirement anniversary.

Last edited by minkyboodle; 09-15-2015 at 06:37 PM.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minkyboodle View Post
    I'd be interested to hear an updated review Cam. Maybe in addition to the 4000 DOP girl, you can spend a few nights at Barba Negra to celebrate the upcoming retirement anniversary.

Click to see pic

It's almost a done deal I need to try something different and I haven't been to either establishment since I first wrote this report. In addition since I live in Puerto Plata perhaps the chicas can turn me on to any networks they may be a part of. I think one night in each location is enough it doesn't make sense to do more since I live in the area. I can stay just long enough to get a feel challenge my boredom and gather enough info for Part 2 of this report

The only thing for me to do is to pick a date...

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post

it really depends on how long you are staying or how often you go to Sosua. I personally like to change things sometimes and this could be a way to do it.
    I usually go there once or twice a year just for a dinner and then see if there is some good talent to pick. I usually go with a friend or two so worse case scenario we had dinner ( decent at BB) and spend some good time. If there a couple of chicas that are worth out time then it's a bonus..if not we go back home....
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    It's almost a done deal I need to try something different and I haven't been to either establishment since I first wrote this report. In addition since I live in Puerto Plata perhaps the chicas can turn me on to any networks they may be a part of. I think one night in each location is enough it doesn't make sense to do more since I live in the area. I can stay just long enough to get a feel challenge my boredom and gather enough info for Part 2 of this report

The only thing for me to do is to pick a date...
    Tough livin' down there

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information