Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 09/2013 - Synopsis & comparison Blackbeards & Field of Dreams

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Synopsis & comparison Blackbeards & Field of Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by DMV81 View Post
    I'm arriving at BB wed 10/9 and checking out Fri 10/11 to head to Sosua for 2 nights.

Are you going to be there any of those days?

Interested in splitting rides b/w POP / BB / Sosua? I already reserved the BB driver for POP airport pickup at 2:00 on 10/9.
    That's too bad I will be at BB on 10/8 and will leave on 10/10 to go to sosua. Bad luck for me, I would have like to share ride to sosua. Anyway, hope to see you guys there, first beers on me.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMV81 View Post
    Thanks for the report - I'm headed to BB for 2 nights then Sosua in Oct.

Tipping, which is not just a city in china, is something I'm used to doing at home by habit and by virtue of working as a bartender.

Is tipping part of standard practice at BB or FOD? Do the chicas ask/beg for propina after the sessions?

If so - what would be an appropriate amount?

I'm likely at least to round-up to 2000 pesos or more for PSE/fotos/2-leche.

Does a tip make me a gentleman or sucker?

Does witholding make me a cheapskate the finer chicas will ignore?

Tipping is not required and I've never been asked for a tip . . . maybe I'm just lucky. Actually, I think the "no tipping" approach works best for BB, the chicas and the clients. Here's why? The set prices for the sessions allow the chicas to earn very good money for the DR and even good money for the type of profession (?) they are in. The quality and safety of the environment is another bonus as a working environment for the chicas. A chica can earn in a few days what it would take a month to earn in another DR job and a chica who has a very good week could earn way more in a week than elsewhere. So the set prices are good for the chicas. Chicas win.

The set prices with no tipping is good for BB. The strengths of Blackbeards include: quality hotel, good reasonably priced food and drinks, nice amenities (including one of the very few working hot tubs), beach very close, great security, and, perhaps most importantly, a no-hassle positive experience. If Blackbeards starts promoting or encouraging tipping for the chicas the hassle-free approach is lost and BBs will suffer from frustrated customers who end up deciding the hassle isn't worth it. By setting reasonable prices, even though some may seem to be a little on the high side, the hassle-free experience makes the experience and value for price very positive. So the set prices are good for Blackbeards. Blackbeards win.

The set prices with no tipping is good for the clients. If you want hassles and constant begging for tips and other things, you can go to Sosua or lots of other places. Regular patrons of BBs enjoy the hassle-free approach and no need to worry about tipping or other drama. In fact, if there is drama the management and mamasan at BBs want to know about it in order to resolve any problems and remind the chicas of what is expected. So those who stay at BBs can enjoy a relaxing vacation. Personally, most of the time I stay in Sosua but I always enjoy my stays at BBs. In fact, I choose BBs when I want my vacation to be totally relaxing. The set prices are good for the clients. The clients of BBs win.

Win-Win-Win for all. I'd actually encourage anyone staying at BBs NOT to tip. Of course, I am speaking about the chicas and not other services. If my room is cleaned well, I tip for housekeeping. I also make sure the waitresses receive a tip or a little bit more than what is included on the bill. Most likely neither the housekeeping staff nor the waitresses have nearly the earning potential as the working chicas.

We have all experienced how GREED destroys. BBs has a good set up. It is fair to everyone. Maybe the prices for the chicas are not the lowest, but there is excellent bang-for-the-buck. If the chicas and/or management start getting greedy and destroy the atmosphere, then why go there. As for me, I think BBs is an EXCELLENT place that allows everyone to have a good time.

If you think I am mistaken about tipping the chicas, please share a reply giving your perspective. I always want to be fair and courteous, but I also know DR chicas can devour anyone who is too fair and/or too courteous . . . the voice of experience speaks here.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sonrisa For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
    We have all experienced how GREED destroys.Maybe the prices for the chicas are not the lowest, but there is excellent bang-for-the-buck. If the chicas and/or management start getting greedy and destroy the atmosphere, then why go there. As for me, I think BBs is an EXCELLENT place that allows everyone to have a good time. If you think I am mistaken about tipping the chicas, please share a reply giving your perspective. I always want to be fair and courteous, but I also know DR chicas can devour anyone who is too fair and/or too courteous . . . the voice of experience speaks here.
    ...a good example of this is what the weekend warrior crew has contributed to Sosua by treating it like their own personal strip club as opposed to a developing world sex destination. Chicas that would have been happy with 500-1000DP from Dominicanos before they were corrupted now demand "cien." I am of the belief we should pay a fair price no more no less...

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    Will the educational value of this board ever cease? (jk Westy)
    Thank YOU, Irie! If someone hadn't kidded me about my post, it would have been wasted.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Talk about deja vu'..... Am I going nuts, or didn't you just do a comparison between FOD and Blackbeards??

Tell me I'm not hallucinating...
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Talk about deja vu'..... Am I going nuts, or didn't you just do a comparison between FOD and Blackbeards??

Tell me I'm not hallucinating...
    ...you are not hallucinating the entire report was posted in Trip Reports. I just modified the synopsis and posted this portion in the Blackbeards section for those who did not want to read the other trip report...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    ...you are not hallucinating the entire report was posted in Trip Reports. I just modified the synopsis and posted this portion in the Blackbeards section for those who did not want to read the other trip report...
    Whew! Thanks. That's happened to me a couple of times. I read something and swear I've read it before. Spooky.

One of the great things about having such a shitty memory is I can watch the same movies 2-3 times, and each time it's the first time

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Whew! Thanks. That's happened to me a couple of times. I read something and swear I've read it before. Spooky.

One of the great things about having such a shitty memory is I can watch the same movies 2-3 times, and each time it's the first time
    ...I am gonna change the synopsis again and post it in the Dominican Establishment section and really fuck with your head...jk...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

...I am gonna change the synopsis again and post it in the Dominican Establishment section and really fuck with your head...jk...
    You're enjoying this, aren't you?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You're enjoying this, aren't you?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am currently on the grounds now, spent 3 days at FOD, 3 days at BB over the weekend, then back to FOD for 2 days. I've always stayed at BB and was very satisfied but wanted to try FOD. Rates FOD 42-1, Yennys 42.6-1, BB 41-1. Food is great at both places, very consistant. FOD food is more expensive, especially the beef which Jeffrey says is angus, not Dominican. Chicas at BB very consistant, and saw over a couple dozen that I recognized & they recognized me from previous visits. FOD quality is almost up to par as BB. I found a lot more GFE at FOD with some girls really kissing DFK. Both places BBBJ is norm. No tipping at either. BB has the advantage of the beach and Sol Mia close by. FOD is isolated. BB has more mosquitoes due to location near beach. BB the chicas use their own towel, FOD the chicas use yours. The biggest thing that makes me lean towards FOD is: FOD has great air conditioning and outstanding hot water and water pressure. In fact you can only turn the hot water half way or it gets too hot. BB water still just trickles and you are lucky to get lukewarm water. Also the eclectrical problems still exists at BB with sa me having no AC Sun. afternoon til Mon when I left. It was also out for about 4 hours Sat. Also found actually FOD has more chicas on dayshift. BB only had 6-8 Fri, Sat, Sun. FOD had about a dozen to start and had even more as the day went on. BB has 2 shifts 11-6 and 6-12. FOD has around 10 live in chicas then shifts at 11,1,3,5. and they rotate shifts and live in. FOD maxed out Sat. PM with over 30 chicas according to another guy that was there over the weekend. FOD has a lot of guys that come in at night and get a ST and Room, just in & out. BB was about 3/4 full and FOD had around 4-5 guys on grounds. Anyway, that is my latest on both places. Of course the chica quality is YMMV and everyone has different tastes, but I found FOD to be improving compared to other reports. Of course BB has quality and consistency except for water and electricity.

22. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to huskerdude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdude View Post
    I am currently on the grounds now, spent 3 days at FOD, 3 days at BB over the weekend, then back to FOD for 2 days. I've always stayed at BB and was very satisfied but wanted to try FOD. Rates FOD 42-1, Yennys 42.6-1, BB 41-1. Food is great at both places, very consistant. FOD food is more expensive, especially the beef which Jeffrey says is angus, not Dominican. Chicas at BB very consistant, and saw over a couple dozen that I recognized & they recognized me from previous visits. FOD quality is almost up to par as BB. I found a lot more GFE at FOD with some girls really kissing DFK. Both places BBBJ is norm. No tipping at either. BB has the advantage of the beach and Sol Mia close by. FOD is isolated. BB has more mosquitoes due to location near beach. BB the chicas use their own towel, FOD the chicas use yours. The biggest thing that makes me lean towards FOD is: FOD has great air conditioning and outstanding hot water and water pressure. In fact you can only turn the hot water half way or it gets too hot. BB water still just trickles and you are lucky to get lukewarm water. Also the eclectrical problems still exists at BB with sa me having no AC Sun. afternoon til Mon when I left. It was also out for about 4 hours Sat. Also found actually FOD has more chicas on dayshift. BB only had 6-8 Fri, Sat, Sun. FOD had about a dozen to start and had even more as the day went on. BB has 2 shifts 11-6 and 6-12. FOD has around 10 live in chicas then shifts at 11,1,3,5. and they rotate shifts and live in. FOD maxed out Sat. PM with over 30 chicas according to another guy that was there over the weekend. FOD has a lot of guys that come in at night and get a ST and Room, just in & out. BB was about 3/4 full and FOD had around 4-5 guys on grounds. Anyway, that is my latest on both places. Of course the chica quality is YMMV and everyone has different tastes, but I found FOD to be improving compared to other reports. Of course BB has quality and consistency except for water and electricity.
    ...thanks for the update...

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 272 Posts

Of course BB has quality and consistency except for water and electricity.
    When I stayed at BB and my room was on the second level, I found the water pressure and hot water to be pretty good. But yes I do remember the mosquitoes but not so much at night time but in the mornings at both the breakfast and lobby areas which are exposed to the outside. When I was just sitting in the lobby, they were attacking the legs and I had to retreat.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to exoticspirit For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exoticspirit View Post
    When I stayed at BB and my room was on the second level, I found the water pressure and hot water to be pretty good. But yes I do remember the mosquitoes but not so much at night time but in the mornings at both the breakfast and lobby areas which are exposed to the outside. When I was just sitting in the lobby, they were attacking the legs and I had to retreat.
    ...during my stay attacking mosquitoes were not a problem but attacking chicas that was another thing...

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

...during my stay attacking mosquitoes were not a problem but attacking chicas that was another thing...
    Blackbeards really needs to get one of those handheld propane foggers and spray the area to the east of their property.

I have one, and it makes a huge difference. The only problem is finding the mineral oil based insecticide that's used in it.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Will places like BB's and FOD be on the soon to be closed list as well I wonder. Perhaps they have an advantage in that they're on the outskirts of Sosua and in smaller communties. I don't know.......
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the great info bro.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jojoslim For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jojoslim View Post
    Thanks for the great info bro.
    ...de nada!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Just read this today. I am glad to hear that FOD is improving chica quality again. I use to really enjoy my day trips to FOD. That use to be my break from Sosua. Go about 1. Get lunch. Fuck a chica. Take a nap. And back by 6. TIME FOR RUMBA!!!

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    Just read this today. I am glad to hear that FOD is improving chica quality again. I use to really enjoy my day trips to FOD. That use to be my break from Sosua. Go about 1. Get lunch. Fuck a chica. Take a nap. And back by 6. TIME FOR RUMBA!!!
    ...what did they want for the room?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information