Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 09/2013 - All clubs in gascue / pastuer closed by government

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Re: All clubs in gascue / pastuer closed by government

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    Greydread, if you can convince people like yourself, not to travel to the Dominican Republic, please continue to do so.
    And PS Greydread, maybe you could start a thread "The Perfect Monger Location". A place with perfectly pure air, perfectly pure water, great weather all the time, free to travel to, where the women come in all shapes, sizes and colors and all have PhDs from Stanford University and the men all have multiple PhDs from Harvard, Yale and Princeton. Where there is no crime and all the women will have sex with you for free, all day long, as much as you want. Where the food is always delicious and free and the beverages are always excellent and free. Where there is never any garbage. Where, the shit and piss that comes out of people's bodies there, magically evaporates into thin air. And of course it will have great factories making the best products, which will be available for free and the factories will never pollute or use any natural resources. And where everyone lives in a 130 million dollar residence.

PSS: I'll never read that thread, I'll continue to go the DR, because I Love It and it is Perfect for me.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    And PS Greydread, maybe you could start a thread "The Perfect Monger Location". A place with perfectly pure air, perfectly pure water, great weather all the time, free to travel to, where the women come in all shapes, sizes and colors and all have PhDs from Stanford University and the men all have multiple PhDs from Harvard, Yale and Princeton. Where there is no crime and all the women will have sex with you for free, all day long, as much as you want. Where the food is always delicious and free and the beverages are always excellent and free. Where there is never any garbage. Where, the shit and piss that comes out of people's bodies there, magically evaporates into thin air. And of course it will have great factories making the best products, which will be available for free and the factories will never pollute or use any natural resources. And where everyone lives in a 130 million dollar residence.

PSS: I'll never read that thread, I'll continue to go the DR, because I Love It and it is Perfect for me.
    Overreact much?

Sheesh!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Overreact much?

Click to see pic

Sheesh!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

But seriously guys just let it go.

Jao you do tend to overreact just let it go. Greydread please don't drive people to drink.

EVERYBODY JUST CHILL.

In the long run only 2 things really matter in this world.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    Thanks for the entertainment anyway and thanks to G'dead for some interesting links (I did read them)
    Thanks, Snoozer for the kind words. The thing that separates this site from others like it is that most of the Guys I've shared thought with and met in person from ISOC aren't that different from me. Most bust their humps week in and week out and reward themselves with infrequent vacations to the places where we go. The intel shared here is a phenomenal resource and many members branch out to visit new towns and new countries on the strength of the feedback from other members and are seldom disappointed when they get there. Little details like where to stay, where to eat, what to look for and what to look out for are plentiful in these threads and any member can get enough research from them to figure out what suits them through research, avoiding time and money wasted on trial and error.

One of the lessons from my Dominican travels stands out more than those from other countries and I've been to quite a few. It is the last place any of us ever want to be and think "I got this". It's the one place where I never bother with an itinerary because just like the sand at the beaches, everything is changing all the time. I've seen businesses come and go in short spans of time and I've seen some come back. I've seen People just not be there after the 6 week span in between trips. Some disappear to Gringolandia (male and female, just like that) and some to the great beyond at less than half my age.

Life in the Dominican Republic is so widely and wildly celebrated in the D.R. because life in the D.R. is hard and short. In early trips I struggled to understand why emotions and passions there go unbridled and tomorrow doesn't seem to be all that big a priority in average People's lives and I came to the understanding that the phrase "Nobody is promised tomorrow" applies there more than it does in many other places and that is the reason why I learned to be more careful who I travel there with because many never ask the questions that I did, nor do they care and in the D.R. that is a dangerous attitude.

BTW, I ain't "dead" yet. Still dread.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A peace offering is always well received...

Thanks to everyone for making this a good day...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Jao, you need to take a step back and try to absorb what Grey is trying to convery to you. his way..
    I think he was initially trying to use a Little HUMOR, but you took it as an insult.
    I know I learned a couple things just now from this thread alone.. No shame in that, is there ?

So Dont take it personal. Just read, comprehend and learn some new stuff.. Open your eyes to what other people already Learned and KNOW , and you will be a better person for it.
    And Im not saying that to kiss Greys ass.. Its just a fact though that he knows what the fuck he is talking about.
    Its pretty hard to prove him wrong..
    Some of us have tried.. LOL

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Do you remember the Group dance show they used to put on at Lapsus ? Chicas would be dressed in those Cheezy but fun Nurses or Fireman outfits. and then you pick one to come to your table after the group is finished and she would give you the Lapdance of a lifetime, then you could do take out .... God, I miss that place... the waiter was a crooked little fucker but they always would treat you like VIP in there.
    Im guessing you probably had a chance to hit Remington Palace also back then ?

That Pool shot of the Jaragua.. Nice.. It was a bitch sneaking the girls in though at the Jaragua, the towers were almost impossible, the Garden units in the back not so bad. Hit or miss .
    The Melia was damn near impossible though..
    What time of year did you usually go ? Hope you hit the Merangue Festivals at end of July, that was the shit back then...
    I don't have a favorite month to travel to Dominican Republic (on my next trip in March, I'll use the Westchester Airport, N.Y. for the first time, to travel to the D.R.). Holiday season is nice in the D.R. with the lights.

There was a Brugal Merengue Festival in Plaza Juan Barón, Santo Domingo. I was in Santo Domingo when there was a concert at that Plaza.

Not related to your post, I recently had excellent avocados from the Dominican Republic, here in N.Y. (Herculito song by the Dominican band Aguakate, has a clever play on words). Love the mangos (every year a mango festival in Baní) and the pineapple and the fruit shakes (papaya), in the Dominican Republic. And I enjoy smoking Dominican cigars.

I have swum in the Hudson River (http://www.riverkeeper.org/) it was fun and the water was good. My father, when he was young used to swim in the East River off of what is today the Franklin D. Roosevelt East River Drive, Manhattan. People kayak and stand up paddle board in the Hudson River from places in lower Manhattan. From Manhattan Kayak Company website, http://manhattankayak.com/ "Currently, the lower Hudson River has-been called 'the cleanest urban waterway in the country.' DEP Initiatives, starting back in the 1970's, Have continued to Improve and monitor the water quality in and around New York City. You can actually check on the latest water quality results at Riverkeeper." Some of the most expensive real estate in the United States is along the Hudson River, with beautiful homes, apartments and hotels. Bronx River cleanup and restoration; http://bronxriver.org/

The Rio Ozama will get there, http://www.ozamard.org/p/ecotour.html and http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/...del-ozama.html And also from Diaro Libre (translated by Google) "With the arrival of the rains in May and its neighbor the hurricane season, lilacs grow wild throughout the course of the Ozama River, charge transport mobility and left quietly through the waters to be deposited in the brackish reaches of piélago Caribbean. As shown in the beautiful photograph of Karla Khouri, lilacs seem to go in pursuit of the freighter that goes into the deep sea. They will create the lilacs? Our Sargasso Sea? In some parts of the river are so dense that the boys walk on them while fishing." http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/...legan-mar.html

Diario Libre's first edition was in the year 1870. Listin Diario began in 1889 and has been in business for over 100 years, Dominican newspaper. Brugal Company began in 1888 (last I checked a British company owned about 60% of Brugal). Barcelo (BEICA) was founded in 1930 in the Dominican Republic. Grupo León Jimenes from 1903. Presidente beer introduced in 1935. BanReservas Bank from 1941.

I thank the owner of this site immensely for providing this forum to exchange ideas. And a belated Happy Birthday to Martin Luther King, Jr. who believed in a Dream for a better life for people on this planet.

(some photos I took and some from the internet)
    Last edited by Jao; 01-27-2014 at 02:09 PM.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Im guessing that is Dalia in the left...
    A Dominicana Friend is friends with her since childhood.. I want to meet her one day just for a Pic.. She is a sweetheart I hear.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

A Dominicana Friend is friends with her since childhood.. I want to meet her one day just for a Pic.. She is a sweetheart I hear.

Click to see pic
    What did you do, post a post about the shows at lapsus then blow it away??

I wanted to tell you that you missed the shows at the Le Petite Chateau, where there was always at least 70-80 girls that would dance on stage almost like a broadway show. You could see your potential sweetie dancing away in next to nothing, and then enjoy a dinner from the buffet before you took her for the night.

There were also shows in Herminias every night, in Villa Juana. Not to be missed. Those wild west days are long gone.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    What did you do, post a post about the shows at lapsus then blow it away??

I wanted to tell you that you missed the shows at the Le Petite Chateau, where there was always at least 70-80 girls that would dance on stage almost like a broadway show. You could see your potential sweetie dancing away in next to nothing, and then enjoy a dinner from the buffet before you took her for the night.

There were also shows in Herminias every night, in Villa Juana. Not to be missed. Those wild west days are long gone.
    I dont know what you mean by blowing Lapsus away ?. are u referring to post # 20 ?

I miss the Wild West Days but I only got a brief taste, you lived through it all and saw it all.. Dammnnn..

If I discovered the DR like 20 -25 + years ago in my 20's - 30's i dont even know where I would be today. Probably would have fucked myself to death..

also ... I never even heard of Le Petite Chateau ..what years was this ? before I kick myself in the ass, please tell me it was like way before 1999.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I dont know what you mean by blowing Lapsus away ?. are u referring to post # 20 ?

I miss the Wild West Days but I only got a brief taste, you lived through it all and saw it all.. Dammnnn..

If I discovered the DR like 20 -25 + years ago in my 20's - 30's i dont even know where I would be today. Probably would have fucked myself to death..

also ... I never even heard of Le Petite Chateau ..what years was this ? before I kick myself in the ass, please tell me it was like way before 1999.
    Yeah. back in the seventies. It and the other bar was torn down to make room for more cabanas. Herminias was torn down and turned into a parking lot.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah. back in the seventies. It and the other bar was torn down to make room for more cabanas. Herminias was torn down and turned into a parking lot.
    By the way.. worst kept secret. Another Hard Rock Cafe is going to open on the 4th floor of Blue Mall. That will inject some life into the place.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Click to see pic
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

By the way.. worst kept secret. Another Hard Rock Cafe is going to open on the 4th floor of Blue Mall. That will inject some life into the place.
    Yeah, sure ...

It reminds me of the last "Hard Rock Cafe" I saw outside of the USA. In Lima, Peru ... one of the focal points of the "Larcomar" shopping/dining/entertainment complex, in Miraflores, built up between the Marriott Stellaris hotel and the Pacific cliffs.

They were building it during my first visit in 1997. It was complete - and rockin' - in 1999. In 2004, the erstwhile "Hard Rock Cafe" was a crafts-store.

Good luck to the promised Hard Rock Cafe in Santo Domingo. They're going to need all the luck they can get.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Let me get this straight....they're going to maintain the El Conde location and open Hard Rock Café Sto Dgo #2 what? less than 3 mi. away like Dominicans can't get enough $18 sandwiches and $6 beers? Dafuq?

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Let me get this straight....they're going to maintain the El Conde location and open Hard Rock Café Sto Dgo #2 what? less than 3 mi. away like Dominicans can't get enough $18 sandwiches and $6 beers? Dafuq?
    Same thing I said. I keep saying, these folks know something we don't. There's is no less than 4 major hotels(Including the JW Marriot in Blue Mall) being built within a few blocks of each other in this area. 5 big mega malls in the same area.

These guys don't just say, "Hey, let's build a hotel here." They don't throw away money for the hell of it.

There are all kinds of construction projects underway all around the city. Lots of them don't even get any publicity. You've got the Financial Center of the Americas.. The uber expensive water park in Juan Dolio.... The Pinewood movie studios.... There are upper middle class - luxury apartments available up the yin yang, most within walking distance to the social center.

It's been said many times before.. Dominicans with money want only the best of everything. There are more and more of them now, and they are a force that is moving things. Just look at any of the social sites. Look at the FB page of any of the new malls. I can guarantee this is NOT just some casual occurrence. They want their own Rodeo Drive.

Something in the near future is going to tie all of this together, wait and see.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Click to see pic

Caswell-Massey in Newport RI opened in 1752

Bakers's Chocolate was founded in 1765, now owned by Kraft

Ames tool company was founded in 1774 now owned by Griffon Mgmt. and Holding Co. Camp Hill PA

Jim Beam (VA,KY) sold their 1st barrel of whiskey in 1795 and survived prohibition

Crane Paper Co (MA) has been in business since 1799 and has supplied paper for the U S Treasury since 1879

DuPont (DE) has been in business since 1802

Colgate started in NYC in 1806

Pfaltzgraff got started in 1811 and is now part of Lifetime Brands

All of the above are still viable brands and all you've got is two Dominican hotels? How many times has the DR changed ownership since the newest of these companies has been in business?

None of that speaks to the point that the Dominican Republic is a HORRIBLE business environment and all it's going to take is one well publicized gun battle between drug lords to rip the asshole out of the tourism industry (see Mexico) and eliminate half the country's economy in about a day. They think they're poor now? They'll be eating Soylent Green after that shit happens!
    Comparing hotels to business that create and produce is a no win situation.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Same thing I said. I keep saying, these folks know something we don't. There's is no less than 4 major hotels(Including the JW Marriot in Blue Mall) being built within a few blocks of each other in this area. 5 big mega malls in the same area.

These guys don't just say, "Hey, let's build a hotel here." They don't throw away money for the hell of it.

There are all kinds of construction projects underway all around the city. Lots of them don't even get any publicity. You've got the Financial Center of the Americas.. The uber expensive water park in Juan Dolio.... The Pinewood movie studios.... There are upper middle class - luxury apartments available up the yin yang, most within walking distance to the social center.

It's been said many times before.. Dominicans with money want only the best of everything. There are more and more of them now, and they are a force that is moving things. Just look at any of the social sites. Look at the FB page of any of the new malls. I can guarantee this is NOT just some casual occurrence. They want their own Rodeo Drive.

Something in the near future is going to tie all of this together, wait and see.
    Whatever will happen, the die is already cast and the winners and losers have been chosen.

Or not. Disney had these great big plans to build just South of DC at National Harbor. Now they're out, MGM Grand is in and the nations capitol will be ringed by fully functional casinos at the visitor/ commerce centers and the gentry are moving back into the heart of the city to ride the new trollies and the crack houses from the 80's are the multi million dollar Capitol Hill (extended) town homes of the twenty-teens and beyond with every possible amenity just a finger snap away.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 697 Posts

It kinda makes sense if you think about it...
    I usually stay in this area when in SD.
    There's money in that area...all those luxury buildings and condos.
    I watch the people coming and going from Golds Gym...lots of expensive cars.
    I marveled at a bike shop...(bicycles) with $400 -$600 treks and what not.

I always wondered why there wasn't a nice Hotel within walking distance of any of these malls. I would stay there for the right price (and if it was chica friendly)..lol

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrblackluv For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information