Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 09/2013 - All clubs in gascue / pastuer closed by government

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Re: All clubs in gascue / pastuer closed by government

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Are you serious? The Ozama is one of the nastiest waterways on the planet and if you sit for lunch at Adrian Tropical after a good rain you will be treated to the sight of a long brown patch entering the Caribbean and those "leaves and plants" that you see are the leaves and plants from a bottle and can tree which have fallen into a cesspool of untreated human and animal waste.

AMC was purchased by the Chrysler corporation for $830 MILLION after 37 years. That's a whole lot different than a boarded up business. AMC itself was the result of a merger between the Hudson Car Company and Nash-Kelvinator Corp in 1954. That's how American business works. The D.R. utilizes the steal, cut & run approach to business by contrast.

As to the point of "unsafe cars", here's how U.S. Auto manufacturing works. There are 4 separate engineering functions: Concept and design, Prototype and Test, Manufacturing and Modification and Efficiency Engineering. They are different teams which interact throughout different stages of the process. The last ones mentioned scale back the design to cut cost and in that process some steel parts are replaced by cheaper plastic ones, complex mechanisms are replaced with simpler ones and multiple wires are replaced by mutli-conductor wires and so on.

It is usually during the reverse engineering process that a flaw is induced. I'm sure that the originally designed Pinto would have a best buy consumer rating but it was intended to be cheap enough for folks to buy as a 2nd car. The recalls come when the Company comes to the conclusion that it would be cheaper to pay for a modification or in the case of the Corvair, remove the vehicle from production altogether than to settle all the lawsuits. Welcome to America. This is how the manufacturing business is done and the overall goal is to sell a lot of product and get rich doing it.

http://yoursaucepans.blogspot.com/20...ama-river.html

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    Photo of the mouth of the River Ozama, I took in the last three years.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Are you serious? The Ozama is one of the nastiest waterways on the planet and if you sit for lunch at Adrian Tropical after a good rain you will be treated to the sight of a long brown patch entering the Caribbean and those "leaves and plants" that you see are the leaves and plants from a bottle and can tree which have fallen into a cesspool of untreated human and animal waste.
    Leaves and plants in the Sea, from the Ozama River after a rain, a photo I took in the last five years.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    Photo of the mouth of the River Ozama, I took in the last three years.
    Yup and not a rain cloud in sight.

Take another after a heavy rain and you will see a distinctive brown streak with decorative, multicolored plastic debris in the Caribbean as it flows from the mouth of the Ozama.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

AMC was purchased by the Chrysler corporation for $830 MILLION after 37 years. That's a whole lot different than a boarded up business. AMC itself was the result of a merger between the Hudson Car Company and Nash-Kelvinator Corp in 1954. That's how American business works. The D.R. utilizes the steal, cut & run approach to business by contrast.

As to the point of "unsafe cars", here's how U.S. Auto manufacturing works. There are 4 separate engineering functions: Concept and design, Prototype and Test, Manufacturing and Modification and Efficiency Engineering. They are different teams which interact throughout different stages of the process. The last ones mentioned scale back the design to cut cost and in that process some steel parts are replaced by cheaper plastic ones, complex mechanisms are replaced with simpler ones and multiple wires are replaced by mutli-conductor wires and so on.

It is usually during the reverse engineering process that a flaw is induced. I'm sure that the originally designed Pinto would have a best buy consumer rating but it was intended to be cheap enough for folks to buy as a 2nd car. The recalls come when the Company comes to the conclusion that it would be cheaper to pay for a modification or in the case of the Corvair, remove the vehicle from production altogether than to settle all the lawsuits. Welcome to America. This is how the manufacturing business is done and the overall goal is to sell a lot of product and get rich doing it.
    Thanks for the word salad trying to defend Ford and the Pinto. AMC was in business for 33-34 years (http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08...o_brands/2.htm)

From Mother Jones:

"Why did Sandra Gillespie's Ford Pinto catch fire so easily, seven years after Ford's Arjay Miller made his apparently sincere pronouncements—the same seven years that brought more safety improvements to cars than any other period in automotive history? An extensive investigation by Mother Jones over the past six months has found these answers:

Fighting strong competition from Volkswagen for the lucrative small-car market, the Ford Motor Company rushed the Pinto into production in much less than the usual time.

Ford engineers discovered in pre-production crash tests that rear-end collisions would rupture the Pinto's fuel system extremely easily.

Because assembly-line machinery was already tooled when engineers found this defect, top Ford officials decided to manufacture the car anyway—exploding gas tank and all—even though Ford owned the patent on a much safer gas tank.

For more than eight years afterwards, Ford successfully lobbied, with extraordinary vigor and some blatant lies, against a key government safety standard that would have forced the company to change the Pinto's fire-prone gas tank.

By conservative estimates Pinto crashes have caused 500 burn deaths to people who would not have been seriously injured if the car had not burst into flames. The figure could be as high as 900. Burning Pintos have become such an embarrassment to Ford that its advertising agency, J. Walter Thompson, dropped a line from the end of a radio spot that read "Pinto leaves you with that warm feeling."

Ford knows the Pinto is a firetrap, yet it has paid out millions to settle damage suits out of court, and it is prepared to spend millions more lobbying against safety standards. With a half million cars rolling off the assembly lines each year, Pinto is the biggest-selling subcompact in America, and the company's operating profit on the car is fantastic. Finally, in 1977, new Pinto models have incorporated a few minor alterations necessary to meet that federal standard Ford managed to hold off for eight years. Why did the company delay so long in making these minimal, inexpensive improvements?

Ford waited eight years because its internal "cost-benefit analysis," which places a dollar value on human life, said it wasn't profitable to make the changes sooner.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/.../pinto-madness

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Take another after a heavy rain and you will see a distinctive brown streak with decorative, multicolored plastic debris in the Caribbean as it flows from the mouth of the Ozama.
    That was after a rain. I'll post a photo during a rain.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the word salad trying to defend Ford and the Pinto. AMC was in business for 33-34 years (http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08...o_brands/2.htm)

From Mother Jones:

"Why did Sandra Gillespie's Ford Pinto catch fire so easily, seven years after Ford's Arjay Miller made his apparently sincere pronouncements—the same seven years that brought more safety improvements to cars than any other period in automotive history? An extensive investigation by Mother Jones over the past six months has found these answers:

Fighting strong competition from Volkswagen for the lucrative small-car market, the Ford Motor Company rushed the Pinto into production in much less than the usual time.

Ford engineers discovered in pre-production crash tests that rear-end collisions would rupture the Pinto's fuel system extremely easily.

Because assembly-line machinery was already tooled when engineers found this defect, top Ford officials decided to manufacture the car anyway—exploding gas tank and all—even though Ford owned the patent on a much safer gas tank.

For more than eight years afterwards, Ford successfully lobbied, with extraordinary vigor and some blatant lies, against a key government safety standard that would have forced the company to change the Pinto's fire-prone gas tank.

By conservative estimates Pinto crashes have caused 500 burn deaths to people who would not have been seriously injured if the car had not burst into flames. The figure could be as high as 900. Burning Pintos have become such an embarrassment to Ford that its advertising agency, J. Walter Thompson, dropped a line from the end of a radio spot that read "Pinto leaves you with that warm feeling."

Ford knows the Pinto is a firetrap, yet it has paid out millions to settle damage suits out of court, and it is prepared to spend millions more lobbying against safety standards. With a half million cars rolling off the assembly lines each year, Pinto is the biggest-selling subcompact in America, and the company's operating profit on the car is fantastic. Finally, in 1977, new Pinto models have incorporated a few minor alterations necessary to meet that federal standard Ford managed to hold off for eight years. Why did the company delay so long in making these minimal, inexpensive improvements?

Ford waited eight years because its internal "cost-benefit analysis," which places a dollar value on human life, said it wasn't profitable to make the changes sooner.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/.../pinto-madness
    In no way did I "try to defend" the auto manufacturers. I merely explained in layman terms exactly what your "Cut-and-Paste" article describes as the reverse engineering process and the companies' establishment of profit over safety as a product priority.

The cost-benefit analysis was concept provided for you in a much more concise manner than the Mother Jones article because I don't have a dog in the fight so no need for hyprbole. It simply is what it is.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wrote "after a rain", most times after a rain, there are no clouds. I guess your utter and unabashed hatred of the DR, Dominicans and anything remotely associated with the Dominican Republic, prevents you from reading what is written.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I wrote "after a rain", most times after a rain, there are no clouds. I guess your utter and unabashed hatred of the DR, Dominicans and anything remotely associated with the Dominican Republic, prevents you from reading what is written.
    Don't be silly. I don't hate the D.R. and I most assuredly don't hate Dominicans. What I do hate is Mothfuckas pissing off the roof and trying to convince me that it's raining.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Read for yourself what Dominicans think of the Ozama river pollution travesty

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Ozama...05.S.156535323

Ever read DiarioLibre?

http://www.diariolibre.com/destacada..._156535323#%21

Don't be afraid to click the links and READ (there are pictures as well). Knowledge and understanding are your friends.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

sit for lunch at Adrian Tropical after a good rain you will be treated to the sight of a long brown patch entering the Caribbean and those "leaves and plants" that you see are the leaves and plants from a bottle and can tree which have fallen into a cesspool of untreated human and animal waste.
    Photos I took at Adrian Tropical on the Malecon, Santo Domingo, about ten years ago (seems they have been in business for about ten years or longer).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Photos I took at Adrian Tropical on the Malecon, Santo Domingo, about ten years ago (seems they have been in business for about ten years or longer).
    Great. So I won't need to explain how to get there.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Question: Is it a floor or ceiling?
    Answer: It depends on who is looking at it and what position they are in.

I may be wrong but I suspect that both GD and Jao are experiencing the same Dominican Republic but have different views because their perspectives are different after all one man's floor is another man's ceiling ...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post

I may be wrong but I suspect that both GD and Jao are experiencing the same Dominican Republic but have different views because their perspectives are different after all one man's floor is another man's ceiling ...
    You're right. It's probably because he's young and wide eyed and I'm old and jaded.

He sees the Wonderful Wizard of Oz in all his glory.

I see an old pervert wearing nothing but a trench coat and galoshes behind a curtain pulling levers and pushing buttons.

Too many times around the track, I guess.....

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Don't be silly. I don't hate the D.R. and I most assuredly don't hate Dominicans. What I do hate is Mothfuckas pissing off the roof and trying to convince me that it's raining.
    Thanks, I am a motherfucker trying to convince you its its rain and not piss.

I am not trying to convince of you anything, I don't think it is possible. Most of your posts you go out of your way to try and insult and degrade Dominicans and the DR (whether its regarding Dominican cigars or you saying there are basically no improvements in the DR that benefit the public or you implying there are no Dominican Businesses that have been open for a long time or you posting saying the workers at the Intercontinental V Centanario Hotel were something akin to fucking thieves, because they said you had to pay an extra guest fee). Facts be damned.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post

Glass of water can be seen as half full or half empty, some people regarding the DR see that glass of water as containing venom, that will blind and harm you just by looking at it.

Obviously some people, need to insult and hate someone or something, to make them feel better.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You're right. It's probably because he's young and wide eyed and I'm old and jaded.

He sees the Wonderful Wizard of Oz in all his glory.

I see an old pervert wearing nothing but a trench coat and galoshes behind a curtain pulling levers and pushing buttons.

Too many times around the track, I guess.....
    I always post where and when I will in the Dom. Rep., anytime you can meet me. I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO TRY AND INSULT ME TO MY FACE, BE A FUCKING MAN.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks, I am a motherfucker trying to convince you its its rain and not piss.

I am not trying to convince of you anything, I don't think it is possible. Most of your posts you go out of your way to try and insult and degrade Dominicans and the DR (whether its regarding Dominican cigars or you saying there are basically no improvements in the DR that benefit the public or you implying there are no Dominican Businesses that have been open for a long time or you posting saying the workers at the Intercontinental V Centanario Hotel were something akin to fucking thieves, because they said you had to pay an extra guest fee). Facts be damned.
    I only use fact. Most of it borne of 1st hand experiences.

I have never "degraded Dominicans". I don't know where you got that whacky idea. I call shit exactly like I see it and I LOVE Dominican cigars, it's just a gotdaam shame I can get them cheaper in DC than I can in Santo Domingo and for every cigar seller in the D.R. there are a score of cigar hustlers trying to sell some bullshit as the "real thing" and I've already told you how much I hate that.

You didn't read the links which I provided did you? They back my statements up 100% and there are thousands more up to and including the listing of "Transitional Issues" of La Republica in the CIA World Fact Book.

Transnational Issues :ominican Republic

• Haitian migrants cross the porous border into the Dominican Republic to find work; illegal migrants from the Dominican Republic cross the Mona Passage each year to Puerto Rico to find better work
      Illicit drugs:
      transshipment point for South American drugs destined for the US and Europe; has become a transshipment point for ecstasy from the Netherlands and Belgium destined for US and Canada; substantial money laundering activity in particular by Colombian narcotics traffickers; significant amphetamine consumption

You, trying to tell us all how nicety-nice the D.R. has become does NOTHING to help the Dominican People because it is, simply put, a lie which is told to the world by the wolves who own all the power in this Banana Republic while they intentionally keep their population without the essentials of opportunity. The problem isn't education or malnutrition or disease or crime and disorder. Those are the symptoms The PROBLEM is POVERTY which is the root cause of those symptoms mentioned and rather than hide this problem by shielding the view of AI tourists with walls and gates they should reinvest some of the profits to provide the essentials of a civilized society, I have named them before.

Instead, the Dominican Gentry who own just about all the land and the Politicians, Police and Military Authorities who they've appointed for the sole purpose of keeping the powerful in power might just realize that they could have a much more productive economy if they would invest in the lives of their own citizens. Until then there will be garbage and raw sewage floating and high crime and drugs and hordes of functionally illiterate trapped on the Island of Dr. Moreau, awaiting some soft hearted foreigner to take them out of poverty and despair.

BTW,

YOU are the Guy who was ecstatic about the D.R. Murder Rate dropping 10% (from "Oh my fucking god" down to "OMG") while the very same sentence announced that in 2012, the same year Rapes had gone up by a whopping 57% and armed robbery, theft and fraud also increased by double digits.

There went your credibility in this debate.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I always post where and when I will in the Dom. Rep., anytime you can meet me. I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO TRY AND INSULT ME TO MY FACE, BE A FUCKING MAN.
    I haven't insulted you, Sonny. I have instructed you.

When YOU become a Man you will understand the difference

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Photos I took in the last three years.

Greydread, if you can convince people like yourself, not to travel to the Dominican Republic, please continue to do so. The DR doesn't need people like you and it never will.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Photos I took in the last three years.

Greydread, if you can convince people like yourself, not to travel to the Dominican Republic, please continue to do so. The DR doesn't need people like you and it never will.

Okay, I have now come to the conclusion that you have a mental problem.

I've been on this site for 7 years and in that time I've posted dozens of reports in different levels for different content. Most contained pictures. Pictures of everything, Chicas, food, places and people and other than one thread about Sint Maarten, one from Aruba and a few from Jamaica they were ALL of the DOZENS of trips that I've made to the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC during this time. If you did some research you would understand not only how much I love the place but WHY. I put up entire threads on the National Zoo and Botanical gardens and beaches all along the South Coast as well as night clubs, cigar bars and even some Chica Casas.

I appreciate some of your posts because they contain pictures of places where I've been and bring back fond memories but I am beginning to detect an agenda coming out of your postings and it gives an insincere impression on occasion and your uber-defensiveness about my pointing that out is a little self incriminating at this point.

Take that "insult-me-to-my-face" fake Clint Eastwood bullshit of yours. It's what People revert to when their points are rendered invalid by fact when they're not mature enough to handle being corrected. I spent 17 years in uniform, of that 9 years on a combat crew after growing up in a gladiator factory and any fear I ever had got shitted out a long time ago so your inferred threats are useless to you and you'll just have to admit that the Dominican Republic that we both love so well, especially it's Capitol city is a noisy, dirty, smelly place with wonderful wonders and horrible tragedies to behold.

All you lost here was an argument. I'd advise you to cut your losses at that.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information