Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24249505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1141

Thread: 10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico

I think another Rumba type place is what is needed on PC for the pre-game/happy hour time frame. If City Lights becomes that place, I think it's a good thing. I miss the days of El Flow. It had some problems, but it felt authentic.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    The only scenario I can see that will keep City lights going is if they try to either become more Dominican or more like what Rumbas used to be like.

Quite frankly I thought they were already morphing themselves to be a little more like what Rumbas was just much more toned down.

You know there are guys who are yearning to get back to what they were used to at Rumbas and don't have it

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a real Dominican type bar to go. Something like some of the gas station places or Rio Verde but perhaps a little more geared towards the tourist crowd
    There is already a small Dominican spot, Premium Disco , and the place is usually packed even on a Sunday night when the rest of the strip looks dead.. Right up to 1 am, when the packed place exits peacefully.
    Its a pretty amazing sight .. they are more behaved that the Gringos who used to crowd Classicos and get sloppy drunk.
    . do you guys even go there to get the Vibe ?? it is my favorite spot..
    But as i had stated before the VAPING has taken over the Hooka Craze and you have to deal with that in your face .
    But imo, Its THE Dominican spot in Sosua..
    If City Lights can make a LARGER Version of it, then Yes of course , but i dont see that happening.
    They also need a DJ that can make it happen..
    The Right DJ would pull it together , imo. I think some of them even bring their own crowd ..

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    There is already a small Dominican spot, Premium Disco , and the place is usually packed even on a Sunday night when the rest of the strip looks dead.. Right up to 1 am, when the packed place exits peacefully.
    Its a pretty amazing sight .. they are more behaved that the Gringos who used to crowd Classicos and get sloppy drunk.
    But as i had stated before the VAPING has taken over the Hooka Craze and you have to deal with that in your face .
    If City Lights can make a LARGER Version of it, then Yes of course , but i dont see that happening.
    The Right DJ would pull it together , imo. I think some of them even bring their own crowd ..
    Your right about that place it is pretty much a Dominican type place.

Used to hang out there alot when it was El Flow but imo I think it has changed quite alot since it became premium.

They make it pretty clear that they really don't want putas in the place and go out of their way to discourage them even to the point of not allowing them to sit at the tables in front of the place which is something I find rather disappointing but get why they do it since it's the "new Sosua"

What really turned me off on El Flow was primarily the Sunday night young Dominican crowd who would get way to drunk and invariably a fight would break out. Well them the kind of fights I don't want to be around cause bullets and knives get involved.

Plus since it is now enclosed the music can get pretty loud in there as well.

Idk maybe I am just getting old but i like a place that plays bachata
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Correction, They dont allow the HARD Core Putas in the place, but trust me i had plenty of Titties rub up against me, and giving me the look and im NOT 30 and top physical shape like some of you dudes are .
    Even when you are already WITH someone they sneak it in like they dancing .There are some Gems to be had in there, but many are very young, and want to dance & have fun ( so double check the ID's) . Focus on the tables who are drinking only Presidente, (what they can afford) ,they appear to be there for fun, but seem eager to experiment ,but also need to be slightly liquored up . For some guys this could be a golden opportunity for a nice TLN, or at least get # with a hookup the next day or so.
    the strange thing i always see is groups of Dominican dudes who keep to themselves in groups..So they are not there to compete with you picking up one of these chicas .

I LIKE the change since it became Premium..you feel like you in Santiago, not Sosua.
    Yes the music can be loud. but u there do DANCE , and watch the girls Dance , and really let go , not to chill.. pick your spot at the back tables where its not so bad.
    You can tell from their faces they are very comfortable in there .
    Service for Drinks is also VERY good .
    Its just different .. some may really like it. but you gotta spend an night in there to know for sure. dont just walk in and out.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

You talking about Tam Tam I think it's called that tiny little tiki bar type place.

Can't say that I have ever seen anything on Martin or Martinez but they likely don't get to many tourists in that area and I might have missed it.

You do see some what I assume to be expats hanging in front of Zoilo and have seen some street parties there on occasion.

Not sure where CMC is.

I guess I was referring to the kind of places that is going to draw a few hundred people in a night like Rancho used to but geared more towards straight local Dominican music perhaps like a Rio Verde .

Probably to get that true Dominican experience your going to have to head out of Sosua

CMC is the Centro Medico Cabarete
    and yes, to get the real dominican experience you need to get out of sosua
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    Exactly, that is why I avoid it at all costs.. ALso too close to the tourist spots...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,261 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElCristo View Post
    There are already. Just off the beaten path.. and they have dominicans going and not tourists. there is one on calle Martin ( the one that goes down to Calle Martinez from Zoilo), another one in the street that goes from Clisante towards CMC( maybe this is closed now) and one in Calle ayuntamiento ( this is actually pretty famous with the chicas, they go there to get some food at night)
    Ive been there. I too like hanging out in the "off the beaten path" spots when I'm in Sosua, though there are just a couple places that I think could be considered that in Batey. Took a chica in there and even she had never been there!

It was a weeknight about midnight or so, place was nearly empty. Maybe a half dozen people including the bartender and owner. But it certainly looked like a typical place where Dominicans hang out in the campo.

Cuba libre was 60 pesos if I remember correctly.

I believe it is also the calle where Seville once crowed about receiving a 300 peso bj. So, as you can see, some top shelf chicas prowl the neighborhood!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Ive been there. I too like hanging out in the "off the beaten path" spots when I'm in Sosua, though there are just a couple places that I think could be considered that in Batey. Took a chica in there and even she had never been there!

It was a weeknight about midnight or so, place was nearly empty. Maybe a half dozen people including the bartender and owner. But it certainly looked like a typical place where Dominicans hang out in the campo.

Cuba libre was 60 pesos if I remember correctly.

I believe it is also the calle where Seville once crowed about receiving a 300 peso bj. So, as you can see, some top shelf chicas prowl the neighborhood!

Do you know the name of that place on calle Martin?

I assume it is pretty small?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,261 Times in 7,381 Posts

Do you know the name of that place on calle Martin?

I assume it is pretty small?
    Sorry, can't remember. But, next time you are in that area, I would assume an early evening would be the ideal time, maybe 8 pm, take a walk down that calle past Zoilo's and it's on the right side, maybe a couple hundred yards down.

A decent sized place, not large, but can easily accommodate 25-30 people, including those mingling out front.

I'm there in December, maybe you'll be there way before. But, if your around when I am, we'll hook up somewhere and take a walk down for a couple beers.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Sorry, can't remember. But, next time you are in that area, I would assume an early evening would be the ideal time, maybe 8 pm, take a walk down that calle past Zoilo's and it's on the right side, maybe a couple hundred yards down.

A decent sized place, not large, but can easily accommodate 25-30 people, including those mingling out front.

I'm there in December, maybe you'll be there way before. But, if your around when I am, we'll hook up somewhere and take a walk down for a couple beers.
    Thanks

Yes I will be there before December so I will see if I can find it.

I am familiar with that calle and have walked it before so I should be able to find it.

Pretty sure I have been passed it but guess I didn't really realize it was there

I like that part of town

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

There's another new place that opened a couple of weeks back on the side street by Europa. It's small but looks well renovated, plays Dominican music, dominos, etc. Not a large crowd by no stretch because the place is tiny. I've seen plenty of Dominicans there Thursday through Sunday.

Also currently has three fairly attractive (think non 'strip' types) working there.

Dont know, but I'd be surprised if it lasts long. Third business in the location in the last 1 1/2 years.......but who knows.
    Vida es buena....

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    There's another new place that opened a couple of weeks back on the side street by Europa. It's small but looks well renovated, plays Dominican music, dominos, etc. Not a large crowd by no stretch because the place is tiny. I've seen plenty of Dominicans there Thursday through Sunday.

Also currently has three fairly attractive (think non 'strip' types) working there.

Dont know, but I'd be surprised if it lasts long. Third business in the location in the last 1 1/2 years.......but who knows.

Yes, I stopped in there. Price is ok, couple of attractive waitresses, dominican music only... I could not buy a cuba libre in a cup there as they only sell bottles of coke and rum. I do not remember seeing a name of the bar.
    Last edited by jose1234; 07-26-2017 at 06:43 AM.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

I talked to Ad last night, he said he is moving to the other location mentioned here, on the street beside Ziolo Mini Market. It is called "El Barrio" now, not sure if he will change the name. I will try to post a few pictures later.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,253 Times in 11,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    I talked to Ad last night, he said he is moving to the other location mentioned here, on the street beside Ziolo Mini Market. It is called "El Barrio" now, not sure if he will change the name. I will try to post a few pictures later.
    I may not know anything (other than what I've been reading here) to afford me a valid opinion, but I would say that whether-or-not Ad renames it is far less important than how he runs it. And, of course, whether-or-not the PTB continue to target him -- which may depend on whether he plays by their rules, or flouts them (as he did when he stayed open after-hours).
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post

Perhaps AD should change his name to Waldo

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm sorry, but this Novela is getting Comical at this point...

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It might be time for a new thread...."Ad Opens El Barrio"

Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

36. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

38. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Gonna call that place el tugurio?

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

But who am I to put it down since I will likely show up there

Gotta give him credit for not giving up though

Thanks for the pics

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24249505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread Information