Page 1 of 58 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

From Sosua News....

Friday November 1 bar / restaurant 'Rancho Tipico' will be re-opened. You will find Rancho Tipico a dozen yards beyond the much-discussed 'La Passion' in the main street Pedro Clisante. Ad, well-known in Sosúa is the new owner of the bar / restaurant. Ad is still known for his former beach bar 'The Black Box'. Ad has big plans for the Rancho Tipico. Of course, he starts with an excellent weekly BBQ. Probably on Thursday evenings. Rancho Tipico is actually a large pavilion with a nice bar and courtyard. This makes it very suitable for performances of music bands. Ad plans to have a nice merengue band do a gig regularly.

very Sunday night is Karaoke time at Rancho Tipico. Ad will have on display music videos with good merengue, bachata, salsas and rock & blues from the 70s. At Ad's you will not hear Hip Hop banging and shouting. For the enthusiasts some good news: the famous nail block is reinstated. Champions with their hammer can give their best shot to get the nail in the wooden block. Furthermore, we can report that all prices are very reasonable. There is a special offer breakfast for only 130 pesos. Ad also offers free Wi-Fi and Sport TV. All matches can be seen on a large screen.
    So until Friday at Ad in Rancho Tipico .

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Ad opens Rancho Tipico

Another bar set up to fail Too far off the beaten path. Does he think when Passions reopens he will get the residual traffic ??? IDK..maybe he already has a following of people from the Black Box. Time will tell.

Thanks

Did it close yet ?

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    Did it close yet ?

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

I was there last night for his opening. I had a great time. He had around 8 chicas hanging out and "working" but not sure in what capacity. They weren't there so guys could pay a salida for them but they were on the clock. I asked Ad about it and he wasn't sure what he was going to do regarding those chicas but the salida thing was out as he didn't want that kind of attention. Obviously he can't pay them to sit around and look pretty. A grande was 110 pesos. The music was excellent. Not a single rap song was played all night. It was all Bachata, Salsa ect while I was there.

It is a ways down PC so it will have to be a destination place to survive. People will have to want to go there.
    Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post

It is a ways down PC so it will have to be a destination place to survive. People will have to want to go there.
    Or they have to live next door, roll out of bed, and be in a cool place to hang and relax... No?
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

I was there last night for his opening. I had a great time. He had around 8 chicas hanging out and "working" but not sure in what capacity. They weren't there so guys could pay a salida for them but they were on the clock. I asked Ad about it and he wasn't sure what he was going to do regarding those chicas but the salida thing was out as he didn't want that kind of attention. Obviously he can't pay them to sit around and look pretty. A grande was 110 pesos. The music was excellent. Not a single rap song was played all night. It was all Bachata, Salsa ect while I was there.

Did he have the hammer/nail game? That was always a good time.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Is this spot open around the clock 24 hours?

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Rolleyes Re: Ad opens Rancho Tipico

Not a single rap song was played all night? Gee, this looks like a place I would love to hang out!

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm sure he had to pay a few girls to show up for the grand opening. Check back in 2 weeks.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Just hanging out at the Black Box was good time. I never had to buy the round. Even when Yera was playing against the other chicas.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to davemaryland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

Thanks Robert for the update. I will check it out myself in a few days.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to davemaryland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    I'm sure he had to pay a few girls to show up for the grand opening. Check back in 2 weeks.
    I don't care if there are girls there or not but the tourists will.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

So was it there????????

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So was it there????????
    Yes it was.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

So was it there????????
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who never heard of the game... So, I googled it and here it is on Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stump_(game)

Stump is an American drinking game played with a hammer, nails, a tree stump, and beer. The exact place of origin is vague, but evidence suggests it was likely invented somewhere in the northeastern US, possibly at Paul Smith's College.[1] In the Southeast, the game has been referred to as Nails. The game is likely a derivative of Hammerschlagen.

Read the rules of the game on WiKi...

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

the tree stump full of nails that they used for the game at black box ended up next to the stairs going down in the sand next to Ruby's. Looks like its following someone

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Is this the guy who beat up his wife and wouldn't serve Dominicans? Or was that one (two) different people?

35. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Is this the guy who beat up his wife and wouldn't serve Dominicans? Or was that one (two) different people?
    Same guy who beat his wife.
    I dont know about not serving dominicans, never witnessed that.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 58 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread Information