Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1141

Thread: 10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    I talked to Ad late last week. Ad believed he had all the paperwork done correctly and knew it had to be done correctly. His lawyer, who also owns the real estate, confirmed that the paperwork is done correctly to AD. Maybe this is a case of AD being black listed in the Sosua area or ? Obviously he is missing something as they found some reason to close him down. However, I highly doubt its the cause of AD just pushing to open too soon. There are many other similar businesses, a sort of church across the street, a biker club almost across the street, and other interests nearby that may not welcome his re-opening. My guess is that he is being specifically targeted and re-opening rancho, even with another name (Chaka) is a middle finger in the face of the people that closed him the first time.

I tend to agree with you, although I have no direct into.. but this seems the most Plausible .. especially if all the paperwork was done , as per his lawyer ..

If the Powers that be want him closed ,there is nothing he can do to stop it . Even if he is breaking no laws.. He is a GUEST , not Dominican born ..end of Story , he has Zero pull. no matter who he greases .
    They will take his money, sure .. but they cant guarantee him shit ...
    This is Sosua right now in a nutshell, ever since Passions, D'Latin, and Rumba et al were all systematically shut down , temporarily and then permanently ..
    and look how they are still messing with others like Armando..
    The only one who seems to have complete Immunity from this nonsense is Mariela of Blue Ice Piano Bar . That woman got it going on.

or it could be simply a Noise issue with a neighbor who knows the right people, but i think its a lot deeper than AD can comprehend ..
    Sadly i think he will just keep banging his head against the wall

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

I talked to Ad late last week. Ad believed he had all the paperwork done correctly and knew it had to be done correctly. His lawyer, who also owns the real estate, confirmed that the paperwork is done correctly to AD. Maybe this is a case of AD being black listed in the Sosua area or ? Obviously he is missing something as they found some reason to close him down. However, I highly doubt its the cause of AD just pushing to open too soon. There are many other similar businesses, a sort of church across the street, a biker club almost across the street, and other interests nearby that may not welcome his re-opening. My guess is that he is being specifically targeted and re-opening rancho, even with another name (Chaka) is a middle finger in the face of the people that closed him the first time.
    Perhaps to much trust is being placed on the lawyer actually doing what is being told to Ad that is being done.

Maybe someone other than Ad is dropping the ball.

In any case with everything swirling around Ad I don't think I would ever put much trust in an attorney especially a Dominican one with other interests.

But maybe he has no choice right now but to trust him.

Seems to be more going on here but who knows for sure.

Just theorizing

In any event, gives us something to chat about
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Not to go on to a different Bar, Topic wise
    .. but , since the topic is also opening and closing of Bars..

When is Bermuda Bar Going to be allowed to RE OPEN ?
    Fat Herman was running a Legit Bar,, and selling Cigars, no ?
    ... what possible reason do they have to keep him closed this long , eventually pretty much guaranteeing to put him out of business.. No one can wait forever.

That is a Valuable Corner piece of Real Estate for sure.
    Anyone know anything ?

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    I tend to agree with you, although I have no direct into.. but this seems the most Plausible .. especially if all the paperwork was done , as per his lawyer ..

If the Powers that be want him closed ,there is nothing he can do to stop it . Even if he is breaking no laws.. He is a GUEST , not Dominican born ..end of Story , he has Zero pull. no matter who he greases .
    They will take his money, sure .. but they cant guarantee him shit ...
    This is Sosua right now in a nutshell, ever since Passions, D'Latin, and Rumba et al were all systematically shut down , temporarily and then permanently ..
    and look how they are still messing with others like Armando..
    The only one who seems to have complete Immunity from this nonsense is Mariela of Blue Ice Piano Bar . That woman got it going on.

or it could be simply a Noise issue with a neighbor who knows the right people, but i think its a lot deeper than AD can comprehend ..
    Sadly i think he will just keep banging his head against the wall
    But she is Dominican.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

That place will never succeed as long as it's perceived to be a Haitian bar. This has nothing to do with paperwork or his fucked up attitude. It's a damn shame for may reasons, but it's DR and it is what it is.

And you guys can debate all you want whether the term "Haitian bar" is accurate or not; but I was there the weekend before last. And I counted 12 gringos all slow dancing with Haitian women, to Haitian music for about 3 hours straight. And I counted 17 motoconchos outside, all Haitian.

So whether it is or whether it's not, the perception is that it's a Haitian bar. And the place is a little to grand for the Dominican's liking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    That place will never succeed as long as it's perceived to be a Haitian bar. This has nothing to do with paperwork or his fucked up attitude. It's a damn shame for may reasons, but it's DR and it is what it is.

And you guys can debate all you want whether the term "Haitian bar" is accurate or not; but I was there the weekend before last. And I counted 12 gringos all slow dancing with Haitian women, to Haitian music for about 3 hours straight. And I counted 17 motoconchos outside, all Haitian.

So whether it is or whether it's not, the perception is that it's a Haitian bar. And the place is a little to grand for the Dominican's liking.
    Thank you, PRRICHES. I thought I was the only one you thought that this place had a Haitian vibe to it. I too witness the same thing several years back when it was Rancho Tipico.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

imo the Haitian vibe is something that makes it appealing

Once you have tasted the dark side you will understand

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

I am told that Chaka/Rancho Tipico now has the Clausurado por Ministerio de Turismo sticker on it. (I assume it is the sticker). If true, not looking good!

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    I am told that Chaka/Rancho Tipico now has the Clausurado por Ministerio de Turismo sticker on it. (I assume it is the sticker). If true, not looking good!
    is this the sticker you are referring to?

If it is I think that sticker may have gone up when they got shut down a couple nights ago

There was a video that was taken that night and it was in the video that night

I don't see the drama or the troubles ending for this place until it is finally shut down for good

To bad because some will continue to suffer

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    imo the Haitian vibe is something that makes it appealing

Once you have tasted the dark side you will understand
    I actually have the opposite opinion...
    I tasted te dark side and I went back to the Dominicans.
    There are obviously exceptions but I have found the Haitians too troubled psychologically to be interesting.
    In my experiesce they are too edgy. They go from happy to furious in an instant and for very little reason...
    once a little problem arises be ready for the shitstorm happening.
    I only keep one Haitian around now and the other girls I deal with in DR are all Dominicans...
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

is this the sticker you are referring to?

Click to see pic

If it is I think that sticker may have gone up when they got shut down a couple nights ago

There was a video that was taken that night and it was in the video that night

I don't see the drama or the troubles ending for this place until it is finally shut down for good

To bad because some will continue to suffer
    Must be, I am not there but was told the about Clausurado , Ministry of Tourism...so that must be it.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

There comes a time when in the nightlife biz, you live to fight another day. Ad wanting to stay open until 0500 in the bloody AM is crazy. Who wants to be a customer in there that long anyway? Shit, by 2 am, most people are calling it a day. Just wasted hours with little reward, especially on a weeknight.

And if anyone living close by is complaining to City Hall about loud noise and music and drunks yelling in the street, loud motos racing back and forth to fetch gringos and their nightly bed warmer, I don't blame them one damn bit!

Those people live there, we don't. And the expats on this board who live down there want a good nights sleep as much as anyone, whether they are retired or not. And they would bitch to whoever they could as well if they lived within a stones throw of the place.

I wonder what the view of Ad is from other German and Dutch business owners down there? How does the guys who run Bar Central think of him? How about Hanz, the guy at the place around the corner diagonally opposite of Rockys, think about Ad? The folks who run the Don Julio Hotel and Bar? The guys who run bars on the beach who have known him for years?

In all his business enterprises, it seems Ad has been one to want to bend the rules as he sees fit. When he ran the Black Box, jeez, he "OWNED" that end of the beach! But he fucked up. Then he was hired to run Latinos and that didn't last too long. Now these latest forays into the bar biz, all seem to be doomed at some point, sooner or later. And what do all these businesses have in common?

Ad.

Maybe it's time he gave up on running a bar and instead try running a nice, little laundry. I bet the politur, the military, the mayor, the tourist head honcho, hell, even the dog catcher, if Sosua has one, wouldn't be always on his case to shut him down.

After all, everybody needs clean undies!

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

RT (Chaka) posted this morning on FB that they will be reopen shortly.
    Vida es buena....

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    RT (Chaka) posted this morning on FB that they will be reopen shortly.
    And shortly after that posted they are open again.

Did you go buy to see if they were up and running last night?
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Is it possible for RT and City Lights to both be busy enough at the same time? Don't they share the same crowd basically?
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    And shortly after that posted they are open again.

Did you go buy to see if they were up and running last night?

No I didn't, but I heard from a very reliable source it was still closed last night.

Its a wait and see situation......as is always the case.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Is it possible for RT and City Lights to both be busy enough at the same time? Don't they share the same crowd basically?
    Hard to the see a scenario where both of these places are busy at the same time. Same style, same music and same crowd so... if both places are open I believe people will chose Rancho Tipico over City lights ( just as it happened last week). If Rancho Tipico is closed then the clients will go to City lights...

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The only scenario I can see that will keep City lights going is if they try to either become more Dominican or more like what Rumbas used to be like.

Quite frankly I thought they were already morphing themselves to be a little more like what Rumbas was just much more toned down.

You know there are guys who are yearning to get back to what they were used to at Rumbas and don't have it

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a real Dominican type bar to go. Something like some of the gas station places or Rio Verde but perhaps a little more geared towards the tourist crowd

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The only scenario I can see that will keep City lights going is if they try to either become more Dominican or more like what Rumbas used to be like.

Quite frankly I thought they were already morphing themselves to be a little more like what Rumbas was just much more toned down.

You know there are guys who are yearning to get back to what they were used to at Rumbas and don't have it

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a real Dominican type bar to go. Something like some of the gas station places or Rio Verde but perhaps a little more geared towards the tourist crowd
    There are already. Just off the beaten path.. and they have dominicans going and not tourists. there is one on calle Martin ( the one that goes down to Calle Martinez from Zoilo), another one in the street that goes from Clisante towards CMC( maybe this is closed now) and one in Calle ayuntamiento ( this is actually pretty famous with the chicas, they go there to get some food at night)

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElCristo View Post
    There are already. Just off the beaten path.. and they have dominicans going and not tourists. there is one on calle Martin ( the one that goes down to Calle Martinez from Zoilo), another one in the street that goes from Clisante towards CMC( maybe this is closed now) and one in Calle ayuntamiento ( this is actually pretty famous with the chicas, they go there to get some food at night)

You talking about Tam Tam I think it's called that tiny little tiki bar type place.

Can't say that I have ever seen anything on Martin or Martinez but they likely don't get to many tourists in that area and I might have missed it.

You do see some what I assume to be expats hanging in front of Zoilo and have seen some street parties there on occasion.

Not sure where CMC is.

I guess I was referring to the kind of places that is going to draw a few hundred people in a night like Rancho used to but geared more towards straight local Dominican music perhaps like a Rio Verde .

Probably to get that true Dominican experience your going to have to head out of Sosua

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread Information