It might be time for a new thread...."Ad Opens El Barrio"

Click to see picClick to see pic
    Or, Ad leaves El Barrio
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico

Ad opened el barrio on his own but it is a massive failure and will close for good within a week

i was harsh on the place but after seeing it it is not that bad
    about like rancho size wise before the expansion

the problem with el barrior is the location

the area is perceived to be dangerous and none of his followers will go there because they are afraid

i was in there three different nights and there were one or two other customers besides me

ad said he has worked things out to open rancho/chaka again and should happen in about a week

Enthusiasm for the place seems to be waning

quite frankly the vibe in the entire town isnt the best right now

i have been here many times during slow season and the crowds are the worst i have seen

perhaps it will get better

hope it does cause lots of people are depending on it
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Ad opened el barrio on his own but it is a massive failure and will close for good within a week

the area is perceived to be dangerous and none of his followers will go there because they are afraid

i was in there three different nights and there were one or two other customers besides me

ad said he has worked things out to open rancho/chaka again and should happen in about a week

i have been here many times during slow season and the crowds are the worst i have seen

Really???? What is your source for that statement?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Really???? What is your source for that statement?
    ad told me that directly the three different nights i was in el barrio and hardly anyone showed up

and not a single one of the regulars from rancho tipico showed up any of those days.

One was a thursday the other a Friday

he is the one that said they were afraid to be on that street

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

ad told me that directly the three different nights i was in el barrio and hardly anyone showed up

and not a single one of the regulars from rancho tipico showed up any of those days.

Leaving ones car unattended on that street maybe.........well, depending on the car.
    Vida es buena....

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Thanks, I too always believe everything Ad says

Having said that he told me yesterday that Rancho/Chaka will re-open this upcoming Saturday

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Possibly

i felt completly safe on that street but maybe shouldn't have

i do know in the time i was hanging out there virtually no customers came in there

Doesn't matter much since he is supposedly reopening rancho chaka in a few days

how long it stays open is anyones guess

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,127 Times in 3,034 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    Leaving ones car unattended on that street maybe.........well, depending on the car.
    I wouldnt want to drive a Porsche or a Jag down that street, I will take a Jeep CJ-5 or CJ-7 anyday.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,261 Times in 7,381 Posts

Bad location??? Fuck me....it might be a 200 foot walk off Pedro! How is that a bad location? Ok, maybe Hanz and Franz don't want to waddle their fat asses down that calle, but I sure as hell would! I think it's a diamond in the rough, something that is about as far away from the tourist "Ground Hog Day" atmosphere that the Strip is.

How did Ad open that place on his own? Had it been closed up for a long time prior? Was there a "Se vende" or "renta" sign on it? Did he pay the buildings owner a start up fee to open it? To me, it would be a perfect little low key spot to hang out. The locals would be there, and as word got out, so too would the chicas. Then the more adventurous gringos would find their way down to this off the beaten path hideaway.

Keep it open till 1 am, 2 on the weekends if customers are there, then turn out the lights. Let it be a little neighborhood bar with low overhead, keep beer prices reasonable, and the music a mixture of merengue, bacchatta, reggaeton, and maybe a bit of old school 80's shit. Get a little "West End Girls" playing by the Pet Shop Boys so WickedWillie can get that blonde mane of his swaying to the beat as he boogies on the floor like back in SoHo in 1985!

The vibe and crowds are bad? It's the tropics man! The NorteAmericanos and Euros are enjoying the summer in their own backyard. It's bad in Pattaya. "Worst I've ever seen", is what I'm reading on the Pattaya boards now. It's fucking hot! And humid! Folks don't want to go somewhere where they have a river of sweat going down the crack of their ass while bending over to tie their shoes.

JD, what are you even doing down there now? Dude, your from Michigan, right? Get your ass up to the UP. Thats Upper Peninsula for all you geography challenged mf's. You have camping, fishing, golf, boating, fish frys in those rustic old bar and grills on Friday nights. Take off with some family and/or friends and enjoy some of that. But no, instead you want to bump elbows with a bunch of WW's upstairs in Classicos all checking out the same fat assed chica who is going to tell you "quatro mil" without batting her fake eyelashes?

GTFO!

I'd rather have a Presidente at Ted's Lucky Bar where the beer is so cold (coldest in town, trust me) there might be a layer of frost on the bottle and an icicle sticking off the bottle cap.

Where that same fat assed chica that wanted 4 mil in Classicos will settle for a more realistic "dos mil y no mas". And she will say, "Si, papi".

En Sosua, Senor Suave es El Hombre!

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,161 Times in 5,856 Posts

Next week landing on SOS shores,

Where is El Barrio, Lucky Bar? Where is the action in August '17?

‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Bad location??? Fuck me....it might be a 200 foot walk off Pedro! How is that a bad location? Ok, maybe Hanz and Franz don't want to waddle their fat asses down that calle, but I sure as hell would! I think it's a diamond in the rough, something that is about as far away from the tourist "Ground Hog Day" atmosphere that the Strip is.

How did Ad open that place on his own? Had it been closed up for a long time prior? Was there a "Se vende" or "renta" sign on it? Did he pay the buildings owner a start up fee to open it? To me, it would be a perfect little low key spot to hang out. The locals would be there, and as word got out, so too would the chicas. Then the more adventurous gringos would find their way down to this off the beaten path hideaway.

Keep it open till 1 am, 2 on the weekends if customers are there, then turn out the lights. Let it be a little neighborhood bar with low overhead, keep beer prices reasonable, and the music a mixture of merengue, bacchatta, reggaeton, and maybe a bit of old school 80's shit. Get a little "West End Girls" playing by the Pet Shop Boys so WickedWillie can get that blonde mane of his swaying to the beat as he boogies on the floor like back in SoHo in 1985!

The vibe and crowds are bad? It's the tropics man! The NorteAmericanos and Euros are enjoying the summer in their own backyard. It's bad in Pattaya. "Worst I've ever seen", is what I'm reading on the Pattaya boards now. It's fucking hot! And humid! Folks don't want to go somewhere where they have a river of sweat going down the crack of their ass while bending over to tie their shoes.

JD, what are you even doing down there now? Dude, your from Michigan, right? Get your ass up to the UP. Thats Upper Peninsula for all you geography challenged mf's. You have camping, fishing, golf, boating, fish frys in those rustic old bar and grills on Friday nights. Take off with some family and/or friends and enjoy some of that. But no, instead you want to bump elbows with a bunch of WW's upstairs in Classicos all checking out the same fat assed chica who is going to tell you "quatro mil" without batting her fake eyelashes?

GTFO!

I'd rather have a Presidente at Ted's Lucky Bar where the beer is so cold (coldest in town, trust me) there might be a layer of frost on the bottle and an icicle sticking off the bottle cap.

Where that same fat assed chica that wanted 4 mil in Classicos will settle for a more realistic "dos mil y no mas". And she will say, "Si, papi".

En Sosua, Senor Suave es El Hombre!
    I had no problem with the location of El Barrio and thought the place was kinda quaint although the roof leaked pretty bad when it rained

Don't misunderstand me I have no fear of going there or pretty much anywhere in Sosua for that matter.

I was merely stating AD's obvious frustrations when he opened the place up and no one showed up for days.

I would much prefer hanging out in a place like this as opposed to Classicos. I have been into Classicos less than 6 times total since I have been coming to Sosua, I just don't care for it.

How did AD open the place? I have no idea but heard he bought the booze on credit and the one night they had a decent crowd all the money went to pay that bill rather than the staff.

I can guarantee you that one night I was in there the only reason any of the staff took a single peso home that night was because I felt sorry for them and made sure there was an extra tip available that went directly to each person that was working that night. Perhaps it was a simp move but I can tell you they appreciated the gesture and they would have left with nothing had I not done it.

As far as the UP goes I take you might not have been there cause the girls from the UP are ugly plus the weather in the DR is much warmer.
    There is a reason the hair on those girls legs is so long and thick.
    The UP is fun for fishing in the summer and snowmobiling in the winter but hardly a destination to chase very much pussy and you certainly not finding any Dominicans or Haitians there.

Now head to Mackinaw Island or Mackinaw City which is the gateway from the LP to the UP and it's very likely you might find a Jamaican since they get lots of them working there for the summer.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As far as the worst crowds I have ever seen comment

I have also been coming for a few years during what is normally slow season and it is the lack of tourists visiting that is becoming more and more noticeable

There are plenty of girls there still but the supply so far out paces the demand.

There are more restaurants closed for "vacation" or just plain closed for good than I have ever seen and the places that are open barely have any customers so I can see why many places have chosen to just close their doors for awhile.

Not sure what the hotel occupancy rates are as that can be deceiving but most places seem to be pretty quiet.

Merengue was packed on Friday night and City Lights was semi busy some of the nights but the other places I went by during my time there were not busy at all.

Maybe it was just an off week but anyone I have talked to says things are just slow there.

But don't worry about available girls cause there are more of them available than you will ever get through.

One would think there would be deals available but the Dominicans don't think with that kind of mentality.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,261 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    Next week landing on SOS shores,

Where is El Barrio, Lucky Bar? Where is the action in August '17?

Don't worry about Barrio, apparently it's closed.

Lucky Bar is across the street midway between the Coco Hotel and Mary Rose. One of the best little bars in Batey. If memory serves, Ted doesn't open until 5 pm.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

I had no problem with the location of El Barrio and thought the place was kinda quaint although the roof leaked pretty bad when it rained

Don't misunderstand me I have no fear of going there or pretty much anywhere in Sosua for that matter.

I was merely stating AD's obvious frustrations when he opened the place up and no one showed up for days.

I would much prefer hanging out in a place like this as opposed to Classicos. I have been into Classicos less than 6 times total since I have been coming to Sosua, I just don't care for it.

How did AD open the place? I have no idea but heard he bought the booze on credit and the one night they had a decent crowd all the money went to pay that bill rather than the staff.

I can guarantee you that one night I was in there the only reason any of the staff took a single peso home that night was because I felt sorry for them and made sure there was an extra tip available that went directly to each person that was working that night. Perhaps it was a simp move but I can tell you they appreciated the gesture and they would have left with nothing had I not done it.

As far as the UP goes I take you might not have been there cause the girls from the UP are ugly plus the weather in the DR is much warmer.
    There is a reason the hair on those girls legs is so long and thick.
    The UP is fun for fishing in the summer and snowmobiling in the winter but hardly a destination to chase very much pussy and you certainly not finding any Dominicans or Haitians there.

Now head to Mackinaw Island or Mackinaw City which is the gateway from the LP to the UP and it's very likely you might find a Jamaican since they get lots of them working there for the summer.
    Check out all the SA girls from Traverse City. I am heading up to Gaylord tomorrow and I reached out to a few and got many good responses.

I will see what happens....................
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Don't worry about Barrio, apparently it's closed.

I took a walk up that way last night 9-9:30. Everthing was shut down..

I retreated to City Lights. The DJ had a nice mix going with some Kompa and Bachata. I had no problem finding the right dance partner.

The rest of the strip is a fucking disaster. Looks like a war zone with the sidewalks all torn up. Either I'm getting older or the chicas are getting younger. I've never seen so many jovens in the calle before.
    Last edited by whynotme; 08-12-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: fixed quote

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Check out all the SA girls from Traverse City. I am heading up to Gaylord tomorrow and I reached out to a few and got many good responses.

I will see what happens....................
    Them girls from TC going to come to you?

It's about a 1 1/2 hour drive to TC

The problem with TC this time of year is room rates are ridiculous

I have many connections in TC but most of them are pretty flaky and generally don't pan out but will be interested to see which ones work out for you.

Certain there will be some common connections between us

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post

I retreated to City Lights. The DJ had a nice mix going with some Kompa and Bachata. I had no problem finding the right dance partner.

The rest of the strip is a fucking disaster. Looks like a war zone with the sidewalks all torn up. Either I'm getting older or the chicas are getting younger. I've never seen so many jovens in the calle before.

I agree. Gonna be interesting to see how the sidewalk construction affects Classicos and Merengue but it might be fun to watch the chicas try to negotiate it in their 4-6 inch heals.

The biggest joke is this water removal system they got going on. Totally Dominican ingenuity in place here

I assume it is just temporary but there is one exactly like it right in front of Classicos to

Safety has never been much of a concern here

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Went by Rancho Chaka Tipico just now and didn't see anything going on as in preparing to reopen....totally deserted.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    Went by Rancho Chaka Tipico just now and didn't see anything going on as in preparing to reopen....totally deserted.

I would expect that you won't see to much activity until right before they open.

I suspect Ad will bring the tables and chairs along with his liquor inventory and speakers from El Barrio to Rancho Chaka and be open pretty quickly.

When I last talked to AD on Monday he said he would be open in 5 days which means tonight but AD says lots of things and what he says lately and what actually happens is becoming two entirely different things

There seems to be a former investor that kinda has him by the balls right now and since money talks and he apparently is a little short on that at the moment things could move slower than expected.

The other problem he is going to have is the policia may come in and just shut him down at anytime for no real reason.

I like his venues but the future is not to bright for him right now but he is certainly a fighter no doubt.
    Last edited by j_d66; 08-12-2017 at 04:03 PM.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post

City Lights still gets some stunners in there

I thought they might be migrating to more of a Rumba type concept but the Haitainas are still pretty dominant there at this point

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34350515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread Information