Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    what I read was that a passenger would book their trip in advance to come in on one cruiseliner, take a few days off in the country while the original ship leaves, then the passenger continues on their cruise holiday by leaving on the next ship to come into port. How feasible that is I have no idea.
    I never heard of such a cruise?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Señor JDR of Medellin View Post
    The Dom NY Deportee Touts must be Salivating if its true..

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

I know many people who take that cruise.. including me! But it's perfect for people who are afraid to fly and get sick of being on the ship!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 100 Posts

Now. That settles it! You have never heard about it; can't be!

Seriously though.
    Labadee: you can't let the average cruise ship passenger out. Or the average Haitian in. If you have ever been to Haiti, you know why.

The DR (and North Coast) is just developed enough for the average American. But still retains the rustic feeling. PERFECT.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wayne1967 View Post
    Now. That settles it! You have never heard about it; can't be!

Seriously though.
    Labadee: you can't let the average cruise ship passenger out. Or the average Haitian in. If you have ever been to Haiti, you know why.

The DR (and North Coast) is just developed enough for the average American. But still retains the rustic feeling. PERFECT.
    Cruise ships are not geared up for dropping people off and picking them up later.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    what I read was that a passenger would book their trip in advance to come in on one cruiseliner, take a few days off in the country while the original ship leaves, then the passenger continues on their cruise holiday by leaving on the next ship to come into port. How feasible that is I have no idea.
    I agree ezsmile. Leaving on the next ship? It's not feasible, its not possible and its not done anywhere on any major cruise line I am aware of. In addition, I have looked through cruise boat itineraries and so far have not found any cruise boats planing to stop in Puerto Plata in the next twelve months... I don't see any recent news about a completion date from the company either... I can't really say what all this is about, maybe some cleanup so the Brugal family can develop Sosua and the downtown area??? Any speculation is valid or just dumbass thinking by the locals as well. By this time next year we will find out something, maybe.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    I agree ezsmile. Leaving on the next ship? It's not feasible, its not possible and its not done anywhere on any major cruise line I am aware of. In addition, I have looked through cruise boat itineraries and so far have not found any cruise boats planing to stop in Puerto Plata in the next twelve months... I don't see any recent news about a completion date from the company either... I can't really say what all this is about, maybe some cleanup so the Brugal family can develop Sosua and the downtown area??? Any speculation is valid or just dumbass thinking by the locals as well. By this time next year we will find out something, maybe.

God Willing we will all still all be here, arguing with each other over who is right and who is wrong, and guessing at theories on why when where and who

... Not such a bad thing, considering the alternative...

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    God Willing we will all still all be here, arguing with each other over who is right and who is wrong, and guessing at theories on why when where and who

... Not such a bad thing, considering the alternative...
    Where we all going? You hear something?

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Where we all going? You hear something?

wow, ok, i must be having a bad English day..

i mean, IF all of us, as in noone MIA or KIA, are still here, same time same channel, next year, and still healthy enough to Argue with each other

thats not such a bad thing..

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Your right, there is nothing showing Carnival will be there anytime soon.
    I was doing a little reading and they are now anticipating December 2015 before ships will start arriving.

Cunard which is owned by Carnival has Amber Cove listed as a port of call as part of one of their round the world cruises on the Queen Mary 2.
    If you would like you can welcome the cruise ship on January 22, 2016 but they are only going to be there from morning to afternoon.

Oh and this cruise starts at around $20,000 US so probably not to many will be taking the publico to Sosua this trip

In case you wanna book

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-search/...#tabbedContent

Oh and in case they don't have the port done by than I am sure they can find another port of call to replace it no problemo.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This one stays a night

M603 leaving New York for 113 nights from 17 January to 9 May 2016 on board Queen Mary 2

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

This one stays a night

M603 leaving New York for 113 nights from 17 January to 9 May 2016 on board Queen Mary 2

Wow thats a long time on a boat

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michel3275 View Post
    Wow thats a long time on a boat
    that's a long friggin time to be eating and drinking with the same people......
    what happens if you get stuck with a ship full of assholes

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

This one stays a night

I think the boat docks at Amber Cove (notice they are not even saying Puerto Plata) from 9am to 5pm on January 22... I wonder how many taxi's are going to go to the port in hopes of picking up people for a sigh seeing trip. I think they will promote the water park in Ocean world, a drive to the old fort in Puerto Plata, 27 waterfalls 25 minutes south of Puerto Plata, horseback riding, dive trips, golfing, swimming, beach stuff and snorkeling near the port and shopping in their fake village near the port. A few people will try to do this on their own and hire a taxi and some people will want to just hire a taxi to sight see for four hours. Why would anyone want to go all the way to Sosua... Sight seeing can be handled in Puerto Plata city where they will have the fort, cable car, Brugal factory and shops and maybe a couple small towns like Luperon or some other place where they fish or experience some agricultural thingy show/exhibit...

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

I think the boat docks at Amber Cove (notice they are not even saying Puerto Plata) from 9am to 5pm on January 22... I wonder how many taxi's are going to go to the port in hopes of picking up people for a sigh seeing trip. I think they will promote the water park in Ocean world, a drive to the old fort in Puerto Plata, 27 waterfalls 25 minutes south of Puerto Plata, dive trips, golfing, swimming, beach stuff and snorkeling near the port and shopping in their fake village near the port. A few people will try to do this on their own and hire a taxi and some people will want to just hire a taxi to sight see for four hours. Why would anyone want to go all the way to Sosua... Sight seeing can be handled in Puerto Plata city where they will have the fort, cable car, Brugal factory and shops and maybe a couple small towns like Luperon or some other place where they fish or experience some agricultural thingy show/exhibit...
    Anyone who has 20k for a queen mary cruise will have done their research on DR and will stay on the fucking boat during this docking.

29. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Anyone who has 20k for a queen mary cruise will have done their research on DR and will stay on the fucking boat during this docking.
    mi could stay in Negril on 20K for a year no problem.....and move if mi don't like who is around in da yard....lol

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

I think the boat docks at Amber Cove (notice they are not even saying Puerto Plata) from 9am to 5pm on January 22... I wonder how many taxi's are going to go to the port in hopes of picking up people for a sigh seeing trip. I think they will promote the water park in Ocean world, a drive to the old fort in Puerto Plata, 27 waterfalls 25 minutes south of Puerto Plata, horseback riding, dive trips, golfing, swimming, beach stuff and snorkeling near the port and shopping in their fake village near the port. A few people will try to do this on their own and hire a taxi and some people will want to just hire a taxi to sight see for four hours. Why would anyone want to go all the way to Sosua... Sight seeing can be handled in Puerto Plata city where they will have the fort, cable car, Brugal factory and shops and maybe a couple small towns like Luperon or some other place where they fish or experience some agricultural thingy show/exhibit...

This is the most accurate premonition and reality I've read here.
    Vida es buena....

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    that's a long friggin time to be eating and drinking with the same people......
    what happens if you get stuck with a ship full of assholes

Simple of course. You get off the boat at Amber Cove, hang out for a few days and catch the next boat coming into port hoping the next group will be kinder gentler assholes.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    mi could stay in Negril on 20K for a year no problem.....and move if mi don't like who is around in da yard....lol
    Some people love cruises.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

http://www.ambercovecc.com/

There's the info on "Amber Cove"

Amber Cove, Labadee, CoCo Cay, Castaway Cay. It's almost like if the "real" Caribbean is too scary for these tourists.

39. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread Information