Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

Thanks
    Thanked 72,259 Times in 11,767 Posts

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    1. Don't disagree, however it's more quality then quantity that his business really needs.

2. If RT let's it continue the way it is disorganized now, it's only a matter of time that the police/military will have a nasty solution for Ad.
    Nasty for Ad, or nasty for the motochulos?
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Nasty for Ad, or nasty for the motochulos?

motos & chulo wannabees...
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Ad told me he has increased his staff to 20 women and 5 guys. He hired a few more guys as waiters because he said they seem to work harder than the women. His staff changes all the time. Its hard to keep people working in this country. I am amazed Ad can manage all of this. He is just one person... He works 16-20 hours a day (place closes at 4am approx. and he is there back at work late morning or by about noon) 7 days a week... wow... He is doing a great job for just one guy...imho...

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Maybe he should learn to Delegate, and hire a good floor manager.... and then just try to mingle with the customers a little and not sit at the "ad table" and be grumpy... be a HOST..

Those kind of hours can kill a person, too much stress..

there i go again, being negative by offering crazy suggestions...

( did you ever see guys like Bobby at Rumba running around like a chicken with no Head ? I dont think so, he sat in his plastic chair, in complete control
    ... you pay people to do that running around shit)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    Maybe he should learn to Delegate, and hire a good floor manager.... and then just try to mingle with the customers a little and not sit at the "ad table" and be grumpy... be a HOST..

( did you ever see guys like Bobby at Rumba running around like a chicken with no Head ? I dont think so, he sat in his plastic chair, in complete control
    That is a good idea. Ad did that about nine months ago. I don't know what happened with that and why it did not work out. He had the guy working for about a month or so... The guy was a westerner and seemed ok.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    Ad told me he has increased his staff to 20 women and 5 guys. He hired a few more guys as waiters because he said they seem to work harder than the women. His staff changes all the time. Its hard to keep people working in this country. I am amazed Ad can manage all of this. He is just one person... He works 16-20 hours a day (place closes at 4am approx. and he is there back at work late morning or by about noon) 7 days a week... wow... He is doing a great job for just one guy...imho...

The he gringas seem to love this too from my observations.

Like i said earlier, it is teetering on the brink of getting away from him from my perspective. Having a little help would probably be a good idea. Tell him I know a hotel owner that seems to have some time freed up lately should he be interested.
    Vida es buena....

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post

Maybe its its because Ive gotten to know him some, but I don't seem to be seeing the same thing you are 90% of the time. Usually the 'grumpy' look is not that at all. I've watched him observing the customers and directing the staff as needed (so yes, a little help might be prudent). Many times he makes his rounds to the tables to talk with customers.

Either way, it's his business and he'll run it as he sees fit. None of this is any of my business, but it looks like it's hit the ground running and I wish him luck going forward.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    I had breakfast there last Wednesday and he was there at 10 am, smoking, drinking coffee and wrangling with ghe pollo purveyor. He looked pretty bedraggled.
    The breakfast btw was good and certainly a bargain at 100 DP with bottomless coffee cup.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jkryst For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jkryst View Post
    I had breakfast there last Wednesday and he was there at 10 am, smoking, drinking coffee and wrangling with ghe pollo purveyor. He looked pretty bedraggled.
    The breakfast btw was good and certainly a bargain at 100 DP with bottomless coffee cup.
    Obviously your chica has not made an appearance yet.
    Enjoy it while you can.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    Obviously your chica has not made an appearance yet.
    She was a no show with a lame story, but plan B worked out just fine. I am now in Santiago. The dance halls and clubs were hopping last night, with most girls either on dates or already paired up. The ones who were not had good reasons to be looking longingly with similar looking amigas.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jkryst For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Everyone has been talking about the 300 peso steak dinner Ad has on Friday nite so I finally stopped in to try it. It was quite good for the price. There were almost 20 people there and waiting at 5:30. Ad told me that the previous Friday he sold 70 steak dinners, plus he had to buy more shrimp for his shrimp special that he also serves on Friday nite. That is a lot of customers for dinner. You just have to deal with the fact that it is basically a bar serving food. The waitresses have no real training so your service can be hit or miss and now that it is successful your wait time can vary.

Anyone that visits the DR often should be accustomed to those last two issues.

Thanks

Everyone has been talking about the 300 peso steak dinner Ad has on Friday nite so I finally stopped in to try it. It was quite good for the price. There were almost 20 people there and waiting at 5:30. Ad told me that the previous Friday he sold 70 steak dinners, plus he had to buy more shrimp for his shrimp special that he also serves on Friday nite. That is a lot of customers for dinner. You just have to deal with the fact that it is basically a bar serving food. The waitresses have no real training so your service can be hit or miss and now that it is successful your wait time can vary.

20 people for dinner in Sosua last night would be impressive, given the weather conditions. I'm thinking of taking my kayak out tonight to visit el Rio Clisente

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

It makes a huge difference who you have waiting on you.
    I guess the same can be said pretty much anywhere you go.

For me this fine lovely chica is hands down the best and hardest working waitress in the place and always provides me real good service.

I think it is because I have never taken her home at night and I also tip her very well.

But she does suffer from the same thing most of them do in that the service will start to suffer later in the night when they are looking for their evening connection.

There are others that will take good care of you and If you hang out there long enough it will become clear which ones are there to work and which ones basically shake their bum bum around the bar and provide no meaningful service.

The male waiter that was in there last week seemed to be doing a pretty good job.

But the large turnover of staff as well as the lack of work ethic by many of them will provide a tremendous challenge for AD.

Maybe he was just tired but I could see the stress on AD's face last week.

I would also agree that the chulos hanging out front may become a problem as well.

I think they are moto wannabees because I know most of them are not regular moto's since I have had to provide directions to Casa Cayena to them on more than one occasion.

I have always enjoyed the types of crowds that used to show up there and I hope the punks that frequent the strip continue to stay away.

But the quantity of chicas hanging out has certainly increased which is a good thing. Hopefully the chicas who are known to cause problems stay away as well.

As I have said in the past I know AD does not rub everyone the right way and he strikes me as a person that would be no fun to cross but I have no problems with him and I respect what he is trying to do for us gringo visitors as well as the long time visitors.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    It makes a huge difference who you have waiting on you.
    I guess the same can be said pretty much anywhere you go.
    Click to see pic
    For me this fine lovely chica is hands down the best and hardest working waitress in the place and always provides me real good service.
    I think it is because I have never taken her home at night and I also tip her very well.
    But she does suffer from the same thing most of them do in that the service will start to suffer later in the night when they are looking for their evening connection..

She also has been there for at least 6 months or more, and IMO Ad should make her the manager over all the waiting/ bar staff.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    She also has been there for at least 6 months or more, and IMO Ad should make her the manager over all the waiting/ bar staff.
    I agree.

She does seem to have some managerial duties as I have watched her resolve some la quinta disputes.

Mostly ones where the customer didn't want to pay.
    Normally the dispute appears to be related to the lady drinks.

She would come over and get in their face until they paid up.

Pretty fun to watch

Plus she is a great dancer

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Funny how everyone knows who she is by a picture from behind..... show's where our minds are.

Yes, I know who she is as well....

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    Funny how everyone knows who she is by a picture from behind..... show's where our minds are.

Guilty as charged

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

and the problem is...............

I actually had my eye on her last fall. She seems to have put on a little weight since then. I do agree that she seems to have her act somewhat together.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Funny how everyone knows who she is by a picture from behind.....

Is Gap Tooth gone?

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It was quite good every time I've had it. Does he still serve it with the mushroom sauce?

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread Information