Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    Yes Seville, we kept ordering two more grandes...minimum six times and probably much more!. I have been amazed at how much we have been drinking lately. My alcohol tolerance is way up...

The waitresses are not making any extra money on this...they are just not telling the main person calculating the bills how much we are drinking. I have seen this happen to my tenants at the bar at my property. When the waitresses like a certain patron, they sometimes do not include all the drinks on the bill... It's fun for some to scam. If they secretly don't like Ad, they may be doing this on purpose as its often the case that a Dominican person becomes passive-aggressive. But more often then that, they are extremely incompetent. If they go to record a purchase and the cashier is too busy to mark down the order at that particular time, the waitresses simply forget to go back later and tell her what we purchased.

I may only know the North Coast, but I fail to find many competent people around here... I have seen less than ten people that are reliable, conscientious and moderately smart. Ad needs to keep a keen on on things...its not easy... That is why I don't operate the bar/restaurant at my hotel. Its two full time jobs in one just to run things and keep an eye on it... Lots of work and stress... Nearly every successful business here in the DR is run by a family where one of the family members is the cashier and the other is ordering merchandise, managing employees, greeting customers and watching constantly.
    In terms of an explanation, this right here gets my vote!!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    In terms of an explanation, this right here gets my vote!!
    I used to think the very same thing in my earlier days, until I saw how fuckin good they are at hustling. Some of them muthafucka's minds work in ways mine NEVER could, and I'm a smart dude.

But, I think it goes back to what I told ohmmmm some time ago - something to the effect of there being a difference between being sneaky and being smart.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Black Box thread was closed today. Next will be this thread.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    Black Box thread was closed today. Next will be this thread.
    Black Box is no more.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Here's a few other shots of the back/ side area. He has plenty of room should he need it. The 'outside' tables were full the night of the bbq.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 111 Posts

Re: Ad opens Rancho Tipico

I stopped in at Rancho Tipico this past Sat night. I was driving my moto and heard some fun going on, so I stopped. There was maybe 25-30 people there. Tourists, locals, and chicas. Lots of people were dancing. Its a nice looking place. I had a lot of fun. It was nice to be away from ground zero. I made a "date" with one of the bar tenders. I left at 3 am. She couldn't come to my place until 4 am. She had one condition. No sex tonight. Sex tomorrow after sleeping. No hay problema. She was very sweet. Maybe not a repeater. She did say that the owner is crazy. I hope this place makes it. When you live here, ground zero can get a little old.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarrantino View Post
    Lots of people were dancing ... I had a lot of fun.
    I hope you took the opportunity to practise your "mathematical rhythms".

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,128 Times in 3,034 Posts

Music, mathematics and ryhtm flow together. That didnt include grammar and diction.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,128 Times in 3,034 Posts

Dear Lord Weyland of the Bygone Era, that was a pun intended in my response.. 'Respect' as the Jamiacans would say.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarrantino View Post
    I stopped in at Rancho Tipico this past Sat night. I was driving my moto and heard some fun going on, so I stopped. There was maybe 25-30 people there. Tourists, locals, and chicas. Lots of people were dancing. Its a nice looking place. I had a lot of fun. It was nice to be away from ground zero. I made a "date" with one of the bar tenders. I left at 3 am. She couldn't come to my place until 4 am. She had one condition. No sex tonight. Sex tomorrow after sleeping. No hay problema. She was very sweet. Maybe not a repeater. She did say that the owner is crazy. I hope this place makes it. When you live here, ground zero can get a little old.
    Interesting, because I went by this past Monday night at 8pm and not one person was in there.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Interesting, because I went by this past Monday night at 8pm and not one person was in there.

They were probably hiding from you.
    Enjoy it while you can.

20. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was in the always empty Rancho Tipico last night until almost 4 AM. Since there are never any people there I can only assume that the other 30 to 40 people that I saw during the evening were ghosts or holograms of some kind. At one point about 8 of those holograms put on an ass shaking display that was simply a joy and a pleasure to watch. I'm pretty sure Irie got photographic evidence of this happening but, much like vampires, perhaps you can't take a picture of a hologram and they won't materialize.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Ou fou!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    I was in the always empty Rancho Tipico last night until almost 4 AM. Since there are never any people there I can only assume that the other 30 to 40 people that I saw during the evening were ghosts or holograms of some kind. At one point about 8 of those holograms put on an ass shaking display that was simply a joy and a pleasure to watch. I'm pretty sure Irie got photographic evidence of this happening but, much like vampires, perhaps you can't take a picture of a hologram and they won't materialize.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

I was there last night and every table was taken. A group came in and had to sit outside. I have to talk with AD because the music was some great Dominican stuff, but he had a loop playing the same stuff over and over... I listened to the song Este Notche probably 6-8 times... Actually service was the best it has been last night too... Really on top of things...which enabled me to keep drinking... And that might be too good of a thing. AD bought us two rounds of free Mamajuana through the evening.

They now have two good looking waitresses and a few not so good ones...imho... But they are getting the job done with a few of the good looking waitresses dancing with clients once in a while. AD seems to go through employees fairly fast so I never know who I will see working there when I walk in. Bottom line is I danced a bit, drank too much and had a very good time in a crowded bar with good friends and attractive chicas... Its a place more for the expat crowd or a guy bringing a chica with them... Such good times... Thank you God, Universe or whatever has given me the luck to fall into a place like this with friends like this... That is my feeling...

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

I was there last night and every table was taken. A group came in and had to sit outside. I have to talk with AD because the music was some great Dominican stuff, but he had a loop playing the same stuff over and over... I listened to the song Este Notche probably 6-8 times... Actually service was the best it has been last night too... Really on top of things...which enabled me to keep drinking... And that might be too good of a thing. AD bought us two rounds of free Mamajuana through the evening.

They now have two good looking waitresses and a few not so good ones...imho... But they are getting the job done with a few of the good looking waitresses dancing with clients once in a while. AD seems to go through employees fairly fast so I never know who I will see working there when I walk in. Bottom line is I danced a bit, drank too much and had a very good time in a crowded bar with good friends and attractive chicas... Its a place more for the expat crowd or a guy bringing a chica with them...Such good times... Thank you God, Universe or whatever has given me the luck to fall into a place like this with friends like this... That is my feeling...
    You're still drunk aren't you.........

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post

As luck would have it, the holograms showed up on the images. Maybe we should bring in a paranormal actitiy team just to be sure.

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They now have two good looking waitresses and a few not so good ones...imho... But they are getting the job done with a few of the good looking waitresses dancing with clients once in a while. AD seems to go through employees fairly fast so I never know who I will see working there when I walk in. Bottom line is I danced a bit, drank too much and had a very good time in a crowded bar with good friends and attractive chicas... Its a place more for the expat crowd or a guy bringing a chica with them... Such good times... Thank you God, Universe or whatever has given me the luck to fall into a place like this with friends like this... That is my feeling...

Two nights in a row..........who'd a thunk it.

There was even table dancing to that music at one point.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    Two nights in a row..........who'd a thunk it.

There was even table dancing to that music at one point.

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Who do you think you are kidding? Those photos were obviously taken at some other bar and you doctored them. Everyone knows there is never anyone in Rancho Tipico.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You should seek a mental health expert immediately. Apparently you are a victim of some sort of mass hysteria or mind control. Imagine thinking that you saw other customers in Rancho Tipico. Madness, I say. Madness!

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast

Thread Information