Thread: From Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata - Sosua

Thanks

From Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata - Sosua

Hola amigos de las chicas ,

For travel purpose , i have just check that the best and fastest option from Spain is flying Madrid - Paris - Santo Domingo ( suggestions appreciated ) . Any other option has to go though Miami Airport . As the trips that i had made has been only to Asia i completely unknown the process at EEUU airport , but for what i listen it could take many time and also needs a Visa even for Transit and the flights i am checking has only 2 hours between arrival and departure flight to POP or departing the next day of arrival

The easy , fast and also cheap ( around 500 Euros for roundtrip with Air France ) winner for me is Paris but is flying to Santo Domingo , not Puerto Plata-Sosua

I had been checking ( not so hard yet ) flights from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata but they are hanlded by domestic companies and cant find prices/schedules at their websites ,only the helicopters and crafts available .

So ,gentlemens lovers of BBW , could you please help me here ? What will be the best way to go from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata - Sosua ? I see that there are 215 Kms between them

Is fare enough the taxi ride ? bus ? private van ? What about renting a private helicopter or craft by groups ? schedules ?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advanced

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sCk For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Re: From Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata - Sosua

We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

There are two bus lines that make that run, one is the link that Tarzan posted and the second is Metro tours. The ride is about 4.5 hours and cost $10
    I've offended you.....goood

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vesuv For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vesuv View Post
    Metro stop in Sosua about a block from Rocky's, last time I was there. Caribe Tours stop about a mile away. Not sure if that has changed. Metro buses probably slightly more money, maybe a little nicer.

Caribe Tours Station in Santo Domingo on Avenida 27 de Febrero (a few blocks east of Ave. Maximo Gomez). Avenida 27 de Febrero is a major street. Metro Bus Station in Santo Domingo on Avenida Winston Churchill, about a block north of Avenida 27 de Febrero, not far from Plaza Acropolis shopping mall.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dear All , thanks much for your very good information .

Anyone can give us a little resume in how is the 4.5 hours trip by the bus ? easy ? the roads ? mountains or highway ? I will really love if the bus takes by some remote mountains and can have a very good view of the nature of DR

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sCk For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sCk View Post
    Dear All , thanks much for your very good information .

Anyone can give us a little resume in how is the 4.5 hours trip by the bus ? easy ? the roads ? mountains or highway ? I will really love if the bus takes by some remote mountains and can have a very good view of the nature of DR
    It's an easy ride. The busses are very nice. They are newer, definitely not what I was expecting. Although, to let you know, the busses are COLD!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    Metro stop in Sosua about a block from Rocky's, last time I was there. Caribe Tours stop about a mile away. Not sure if that has changed. Metro buses probably slightly more money, maybe a little nicer.

Caribe Tours Station in Santo Domingo on Avenida 27 de Febrero (a few blocks east of Ave. Maximo Gomez). Avenida 27 de Febrero is a major street. Metro Bus Station in Santo Domingo on Avenida Winston Churchill, about a block north of Avenida 27 de Febrero, not far from Plaza Acropolis shopping mall.

Caribe has upgraded and their Doubledeckers and their new Buses are now much NICER than Metro Buses...
    whats fair is fair, cuz I and others used to bust on Caribe all the time about how sloppy they were.
    Also their SCHEDUALS are probably much better & leave more often , they certainly are in Santiago.
    However they stop only in Charamicos, which requires a TAXI which is gonna be 250 dp, or 200dp if you are a good negotiator..
    Or a Moto, if you are traveling light with just a Carry on..

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Caribe has upgraded and their Doubledeckers and their new Buses are now much NICER than Metro Buses...
    whats fair is fair, cuz I and others used to bust on Caribe all the time about how sloppy they were.
    Also their SCHEDUALS are probably much better & leave more often , they certainly are in Santiago.
    However they stop only in Charamicos, which requires a TAXI which is gonna be 250 dp, or 200dp if you are a good negotiator..
    Or a Moto, if you are traveling light with just a Carry on..
    Thanks.

Caribe Tours Station in Santo Domingo is on the same street as the U.S. Embassy, about three blocks north of the Embassy.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thread Information