Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12/2013 - Some good values in Sosua

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: Rancho Tipico Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    try Papua New Guinea, you'll never go back.
    Tell us more.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Re: 12/2013 - Some good values in Sosua

I keep clicking this thread expecting to see good values on whores.. fml
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    I keep clicking this thread expecting to see good values on whores.. fml
    look in EC's 'ugliest chica contest' thread, you can probably find some budget skanks there.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    look in EC's 'ugliest chica contest' thread, you can probably find some budget skanks there.
    Some may be high priced FB chicas as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    $3 for breakfast which may cost under a dollar in materials.
    USD$ 2.35 is 1OO pesos these days. He buys most of his product at Playero so his costs are high. The cost of that plate is more than 1 dollar plus the labour and the propane.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    USD$ 2.35 is 1OO pesos these days. He buys most of his product at Playero so his costs are high. The cost of that plate is more than 1 dollar plus the labour and the propane.
    Speaking of 100 pesos deals, I love the lunches at Casa Manana. The breakfasts are also 100. Casa Manana is a hotel, condo development with a restaurant that is open for breakfast and lunch only. It is located next to the Palms and across the street from the Tradewinds. Mike is the owner, the cook and even does laundry for 30 pesos a pound and that includes wash and dry using a dryer not hanging.

The lunch is one set meal each weekday and includes chilled water from a bottle at no extra charge but it is not available on weekends. Monday is a big beef burrito with melted cheese topping, rice a small salad and guacamole sometimes, Tuesday is fish day and he can fry up some good tasting filets with a lobster sauce and with mashed I believe, I almost eat there every tuesday because the fish is my favorite some veggies and salad as well. Wednesday is beef stroganoff with pasta thursday is chicken curry with rice and friday is schnitzel with mashed a nice gravy, veggies and a little salad. The schnitzel is my second favorite and I know schnitzel since I lived in Germany frpm 86 until 98 I should be able to recognize a good schnitzel. He buys ingredients at playero and I dont know how he does it for the price, but I sure appreciate it since I live close and the togo cartons are also only 100 and get always get three or four fish and schnitzel to go as well they are that tasty to me. He must love to cook and he told me that he does it for the staff and the small profit pays for the meals of the staff so they have lunch which is really nice of him I think. Enjoy the deals in sosua guys because meals like this are as close to home cooked as I get and 100 pesos only I am very happy.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to praguealchemist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

He needs to buy wholesale.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

I agree that he can't be making money on the breakfast but it is not my business. It is my wallet and 100 pesos for that breakfast is a great value. The place is down at the other end of the strip so it is great for those staying at places like Coco Hotel, Europa, Plaza Sosua and Mary Rose. Much shorter walk than going all the way into the center of town for breakfast.

Today he had the eggs scrambled up with ham, bacon, onions, peppers and cheese all mixed in. Toast, fresh roll, fruit and coffee. No idea how long he will be able to sustain that price but I'll take it while it lasts.
    Enjoy it while you can.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Did it ever occur to you that just perhaps, his "main business" is not this restaurant, and it is a beard for a much bigger enterprise?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meyer Lansky For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    I agree that he can't be making money on the breakfast but it is not my business. It is my wallet and 100 pesos for that breakfast is a great value. The place is down at the other end of the strip so it is great for those staying at places like Coco Hotel, Europa, Plaza Sosua and Mary Rose. Much shorter walk than going all the way into the center of town for breakfast.

Today he had the eggs scrambled up with ham, bacon, onions, peppers and cheese all mixed in. Toast, fresh roll, fruit and coffee. No idea how long he will be able to sustain that price but I'll take it while it lasts.
    Breakfast is just gravy for a restaurant. If he makes 75 cents a serving, it adds up.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Breakfast is just gravy for a restaurant. If he makes 75 cents a serving, it adds up.
    yes breakfast is typically a loss leader to get customers in the door and hopefully have them come back for lunch/dinner or add on an extra coffee

volume and fast turn around for breakfast orders also helps the bottom line
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Sounds like it would still be a good deal at a higher price, 150 or even 200 pesos. Heck, up here in gringo-land, "Casa de Payaso" charges the equivalent of 125 pesos for an Egg McMuffin. The one thing that will stop me from trying it is the free breakfast with my room at Casa Cayena.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meyer Lansky View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that just perhaps, his "main business" is not this restaurant, and it is a beard for a much bigger enterprise?
    And you would post this comment why?

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

And you would post this comment why?

Ray... This clown is clueless of whom he is discussing or of what he is discussing.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meyer Lansky View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that Elvis is alive and well and living in Sosua with a Haitiana and her 13 children?

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    Ray... This clown is clueless of whom he is discussing or of what he is discussing.
    And he is drunk by now.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Did it ever occur to you that Elvis is alive and well and living in Sosua with a Haitiana and her 13 children?
    Yeah, I've seen him - he owns Sinatras...

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information