Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12/2013 - Tradewinds Robbery?

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Re: 12/2013 - Tradewinds Robbery?

I have been in DR for almost two weeks now. This is the second story of a gringo getting robbed during this period. The other story did not have guns involved, but a guy let his guard down.

DO NOT THINK THIS CANNOT HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

Most stories like this don't get posted. Take this as a warning and be cautious, or you will become the next victim.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Heed this advice. Lots of desperate people on the island. Best to keep your wits about you. Unfortunately this means you have to reel in some of that crazy I don't give a damn I'm on vacation partying, but in the long run it's in your best interest not to completely let your guard down and leave your safety completly to the whim of people you don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    I have been in DR for almost two weeks now. This is the second story of a gringo getting robbed during this period. The other story did not have guns involved, but a guy let his guard down.

DO NOT THINK THIS CANNOT HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

Most stories like this don't get posted. Take this as a warning and be cautious, or you will become the next victim.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 118 Posts

Re: Tradewinds Robbery?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    how do you text your own ass
    However she did it, it looks like it responded!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Majicman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 118 Posts

I grew up around some of the biggest kingpins in DC and I have to say that my hood sense is beyond tingling. This story has that shit at "shine the batman spotlight" levels! There seems to be ALOT missing from this story as to be expected. Whats in question:
    • Monger with LARGE sum of cash all in one place. No normal everyday type dude I know carries that kind of cash for safety reasons alone unless there is a specific transaction or two requiring that planned in the very near future.
    • Monger met this chica somewhere so she is accessible like others and could be seen/found at some point.
    • This wasn't your garden variety petty snatch and grab like some of the chicas will try to pull where the items are small and wont be missed right away

There are PLENTY of other questions that I could spend the rest of the day typing but again that's all to say, I don't think this was juat a crime of opportunity. It seems there is alot more to this than is being told and if my intuition is right, never will be told for mafia type reasons. Just my 2 pesos.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Majicman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majicman View Post
    I grew up around some of the biggest kingpins in DC and I have to say that my hood sense is beyond tingling. This story has that shit at "shine the batman spotlight" levels! There seems to be ALOT missing from this story as to be expected. Whats in question:
    • Monger with LARGE sum of cash all in one place. No normal everyday type dude I know carries that kind of cash for safety reasons alone unless there is a specific transaction or two requiring that planned in the very near future.
    • Monger met this chica somewhere so she is accessible like others and could be seen/found at some point.
    • This wasn't your garden variety petty snatch and grab like some of the chicas will try to pull where the items are small and wont be missed right away

There are PLENTY of other questions that I could spend the rest of the day typing but again that's all to say, I don't think this was juat a crime of opportunity. It seems there is alot more to this than is being told and if my intuition is right, never will be told for mafia type reasons. Just my 2 pesos.
    We all have questions. Break into my safe and there is between $100 and $400 at most.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majicman View Post

I dont even want to highlight which Part I agree with the MOST, but I agree with ALL of it... I'm on your same page like 100%.
    (glad to see someone else here is , so i dont think im totally crazy ) .

and so i wont even ask any more questions about this.. nor do i want the answers...

this dude was not "just like one of us" just drinking and chilling with the whores..

sorry, no sale..

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    We all have questions. Break into my safe and there is between $100 and $400 at most.
    I wouldn't even bother locking it then
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    I wouldn't even bother locking it then
    I keep my passport there also.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123