Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/2013 - Request: e-currency payment?

Thanks

Money 12/2013 - Request: e-currency payment?

Really don't want to attach my name to purchases linked in any way to prostitution. Would the owners consider taking subscriptions payments through an e-currency? I'm sure there are many people that would much rather buy a subscription if payment was allowed through any type of e-currency.

It wouldn't be that difficult to setup, there are a few payment systems out there that do not take large fees(the fee could be added to the subscription price), especially for bitcoin.

I'm really concerned about my privacy, especially since it is a well-known fact that it is really not that hard to 'acquire' a purchase history of any card, and no amount of masking the recipient would hide the fact that I would be paying money with my personal credit card to a person who owns a website aimed at discussing prostitution. If I were allowed to buy a subscription with an e-currency I would feel much more safe.

Thoughts?

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CuntaPana For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Re: Request: e-currency payment?

Quote Originally Posted by CuntaPana View Post
    Really don't want to attach my name to purchases linked in any way to prostitution. Would the owners consider taking subscriptions payments through an e-currency? I'm sure there are many people that would much rather buy a subscription if payment was allowed through any type of e-currency.

It wouldn't be that difficult to setup, there are a few payment systems out there that do not take large fees(the fee could be added to the subscription price), especially for bitcoin.

I'm really concerned about my privacy, especially since it is a well-known fact that it is really not that hard to 'acquire' a purchase history of any card, and no amount of masking the recipient would hide the fact that I would be paying money with my personal credit card to a person who owns a website aimed at discussing prostitution. If I were allowed to buy a subscription with an e-currency I would feel much more safe.

Thoughts?
    You can use Skrill/Moneybookers

You want access to trip reports?

www.moneybookers.com/app/?rid=40398168

or Google Wallet

Send payment to JDRent97@gmail.com

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

especially for bitcoin.

If I were allowed to buy a subscription with an e-currency I would feel much more safe.

Thoughts?
    Bitcoin is not money.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,733 Times in 1,193 Posts

Id be very happy to convert your bitcoin into moneybooker , or receive your bitcoin and pay jimmy from my own moneybooker, if you wish, or if any one else wish, I am long term user of btc.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by martin0siddle View Post
    Id be very happy to convert your bitcoin into moneybooker , or receive your bitcoin and pay jimmy from my own moneybooker, if you wish, or if any one else wish, I am long term user of btc.
    That would be nice of you.

thanks

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    Bitcoin is not money.
    What is you definition of money?

Other retailers have successfully utilized bitcoins through a closed-loop trade system: you have a third-party service to which the payer sends BTC, the third-party sevice then sends the market value of the bitcoins in USD to the payee. The third-party service gets a fee from the transaction, the payer gets to use bitcoins and the payee receives the payment in USD. Pretty simple actually.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CuntaPana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Other retailers have successfully utilized bitcoins through a closed-loop trade system: you have a third-party service to which the payer sends BTC, the third-party sevice then sends the market value of the bitcoins in USD to the payee. The third-party service gets a fee from the transaction, the payer gets to use bitcoins and the payee receives the payment in USD. Pretty simple actually.
    I don't think its going to be around in a few years. martin offered to take it for you and pay thru moneybookers, or you can load thru money bookers or use google Wallet.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Definition:

Will a hooker take it for a BBBJ?

Thanks

Problem with bitcoin, is they fructificate alot. When only a VERY SMALL fraction ( as in you are probly gonna be the only one this month ) would like to pay you with BTC it is not very profitable.

Imagine, you have your bitcoin wallet, but only had 100$ worth of bitcoin... You may wake up the next morning and it went down to value of 60$ , or you make wake up it went to 150$.. of course, when you are using bitcoin ALOT you are just holding them, and wait for right moment to sell/buy... but when you are one time a month user, it is not really worth it... its way too much risky to lose over night, or actually double over night.

2 weeks ago it was 1000$ each, this morning i sold at 700s but 3-4 days ago i bought at 400s ... You cannot run a subscription site with people paying bitcoin, unless you have many people using it.. You could lose too much, and then make the subscription not same price/fair price.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Definition:

Will a hooker take it for a BBBJ?
    They made bitcoin ATM now so I'd say it is money considering you can withdraw cash from the bitcoin... but it is a pain in the ass and to run a subscription site with a payment as bitcoin, its 3 pain in the ass.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

2 weeks ago it was 1000$ each, this morning i sold at 700s but 3-4 days ago i bought at 400s ... You cannot run a subscription site with people paying bitcoin, unless you have many people using it.. You could lose too much, and then make the subscription not same price/fair price.
    Doesn't sound like money at all to me.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They made bitcoin ATM now so I'd say it is money considering you can withdraw cash from the bitcoin... but it is a pain in the ass and to run a subscription site with a payment as bitcoin, its 3 pain in the ass.
    Like you said, pay x amount today and its worth y amount tomorrow.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Like you said, pay x amount today and its worth y amount tomorrow.
    If jimmy is already a BTC user then its not very much a problem, but to someone that is not used to bitcoin, having subscription site and starting accepting bitcoin is very hard to manage.

He is much better to exchange his BTC to moneybooker with someone , then it save hassle to jimmy and to him.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

If jimmy is already a BTC user then its not very much a problem, but to someone that is not used to bitcoin, having subscription site and starting accepting bitcoin is very hard to manage.

He is much better to exchange his BTC to moneybooker with someone , then it save hassle to jimmy and to him.
    You said you would do that?

In 8 years, this is the first request for that.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My wingman bought the program for a few $100 and he mines it. Sounds like its a no cost source for those that mine it.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

martin0siddle, it's actually been much easier to accept bitcoin payments. There are a whole bunch of services out there that take the bitcoin part completely and utterly out of your hands. You just give 'em a brick-and-mortar bank account, use their api and you don't have to even see/know anything about bitcoins. The value of the bitcoins doesn't matter at all since the service just acts as an intermediary.

EDIT: It would be really easy to try, and there ARE potential customers other than me

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CuntaPana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

martin0siddle, it's actually been much easier to accept bitcoin payments. There are a whole bunch of services out there that take the bitcoin part completely and utterly out of your hands. You just give 'em a brick-and-mortar bank account, use their api and you don't have to even see/know anything about bitcoins. The value of the bitcoins doesn't matter at all since the service just acts as an intermediary.

EDIT: It would be really easy to try, and there ARE potential customers other than me
    If I am reading the tea leaves correctly, ISOC is not going to accept bitcoins. You may have better luck with other sites accepting them (like CRT or ISG.)
    Blue Devil

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am happy with the three methods I have available now.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    If I am reading the tea leaves correctly, ISOC is not going to accept bitcoins. You may have better luck with other sites accepting them (like CRT or ISG.)
    All this for a subscription of under $100. I like cash. My hookers love cash.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For a site like this one that only charge 70$/year subscription, with less then 100 subscriber(maybe more i'm not sure) It is definetly not worth it to use bitcoin, UNLESS he is already a user of it... It is complicated when you do not know nothing about it, it is much easier for a user like you to exchange for moneybooker then to him to setup a whole new payment gateway.. he would need to include fees into the price, he would then need to withdraw it instantly, otherwise he would lose over night, or gain over night and then it would not be very nice to him... considering those day bitcoin are doing +/- 25% in matter of 2-3 days..

If you want, I can exchange your bitcoin for moneybooker money that I would pay to him, as I said, that way, it would be easy for him, easy for you, and profit for me(I would charge you 4%)

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information