Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12/2013 - Avoid Midtown Sosua Restaurant inside Hotel Don Antonio.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: Avoid Midtown Sosua Restaurant inside Hotel Don Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by Festy View Post
    If you order scrambled eggs you need to tell Allen to scramble the eggs before putting in to the skillet. I had them in August and they came out white and yellow as Allen has the cook crack the eggs in to the skillet and scramble them while cooking. When asked about that method he said that is how it is done in Montreal. Must be a difference in culinary cultures. No a big deal but more of a preference.
    They do that in many places.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Food prices are what I would call "good" as is the quality of most of the meals...except for the doubling of the price for Sidney's meal. That's stealing...and not by a staff member but by the owner himself. I have ZERO tolerance for that.

If you order scrambled eggs you need to tell Allen to scramble the eggs before putting in to the skillet. I had them in August and they came out white and yellow as Allen has the cook crack the eggs in to the skillet and scramble them while cooking. When asked about that method he said that is how it is done in Montreal. Must be a difference in culinary cultures. No a big deal but more of a preference.
    No chance that could have been an honest mistake? I have had numerous incorrect tabs in this country, some overcharging and some undercharging. A one time thing does not constitute "stealing". Now if there are other reports of this same happening that would show a pattern of dishonesty.
    Enjoy it while you can.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,483 Times in 204 Posts

Re: 12/2013 - Avoid Midtown Sosua Restaurant inside Hotel Don Antonio.

Festy, thanks for the heads up on Midtown restaurant. I ate at Midtown restaurant at least 1x/day on my last trip in sosua since i normaly stay at Don Antonio. I have enjoyed the food very much there and have had no issues with Allen. Two of my boys have also eaten there multiple times and have had no issues with Allen. i think it may be a little harsh to tell everyone not to go to this restaurant based on your experience. There are many business owners in this world that are very greedy, arrogant, cruel, mistreat their employees, provide very unsafe work places and etc. but we still continue to support these individuals and products.
    "We cannot give the final answers to our human problems, because it is we human beings who are the problem"

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As far as the bill goes it may be a mistake or it may not be but i think you need to bring that up to Allen. It seems like you are talking to everyone about the bill except for the person who issued it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    No chance that could have been an honest mistake? I have had numerous incorrect tabs in this country, some overcharging and some undercharging. A one time thing does not constitute "stealing". Now if there are other reports of this same happening that would show a pattern of dishonesty.
    With everything that happened in that series of events. Being disrespectful to Rick from Rockys, the cigar thing...no, not an "honest" mistake. He took Sydney's order right there in front of me...and I instructed him to put it on my bill and explained to him that Sydney has prostate cancer and I wasn't sure if this would be my last chance to see him and buy a meal. I spoke to Allen in confidence and Syd didn't know I was making the offer. Sydney sat two stools away out of respect to Rick and I to have our meeting. Nobody else there. Only ONE active bill to keep track of, MINE. Sydney should have NEVER gotten a bill from Allen for his meal. I didn't know he had received a bill until the next day when I ran into Syd at Rockys. No need of a pattern of dishonesty for this transaction to be called what it is. If you disagree that is your right even if you weren't there.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

With everything that happened in that series of events. Being disrespectful to Rick from Rockys, the cigar thing...no, not an "honest" mistake. He took Sydney's order right there in front of me...and I instructed him to put it on my bill and explained to him that Sydney has prostate cancer and I wasn't sure if this would be my last chance to see him and buy a meal. I spoke to Allen in confidence and Syd didn't know I was making the offer. Sydney sat two stools away out of respect to Rick and I to have our meeting. Nobody else there. Only ONE active bill to keep track of, MINE. Sydney should have NEVER gotten a bill from Allen for his meal. I didn't know he had received a bill until the next day when I ran into Syd at Rockys. No need of a pattern of dishonesty for this transaction to be called what it is. If you disagree that is your right even if you weren't there.
    So basically, anyone just eating there and not bothering with the owner should receive a good meal then?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hottnickels72 View Post
    As far as the bill goes it may be a mistake or it may not be but i think you need to bring that up to Allen. It seems like you are talking to everyone about the bill except for the person who issued it.
    No, after that entire series of events...the long explanation I posted and all I have NO intention of ever dealing with him again nor speaking to him again. As i posted in a previous comment here, this wasn't my first experience watching his questionable behavior with clients (I was there in February and August too) but it was the first time I was privy to all of it from start to finish...in person...no hearsay, I was there. I am not talking to everyone about the bill merely outlining the series of events (as there were more than one reasons for my negative review of the place) that took place that prompted my comments here. Had I known he did it at the time it happened I most certainly would have had "the chat" with him. Sid didn't tell me until the next day when I was chatting with him while waiting for Rick. Take if for what you want. Believe me, don't believe me. Agree with me, don't agree with me. Go there, don't go there. I was there and now I am done with the place.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    So basically, anyone just eating there and not bothering with the owner should receive a good meal then?
    The owner works the majority of the hours. his ex or current GF (they live together but not sure the status of their relationship), Maria works when Allen isn't there or they are busy and both are needed. If Allen or Maria aren't there...the place is closed. Can't answer your question as I have no experience eating there when Allen is gone.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hottnickels72 View Post
    Festy, thanks for the heads up on Midtown restaurant. I ate at Midtown restaurant at least 1x/day on my last trip in sosua since i normaly stay at Don Antonio. I have enjoyed the food very much there and have had no issues with Allen. Two of my boys have also eaten there multiple times and have had no issues with Allen. i think it may be a little harsh to tell everyone not to go to this restaurant based on your experience. There are many business owners in this world that are very greedy, arrogant, cruel, mistreat their employees, provide very unsafe work places and etc. but we still continue to support these individuals and products.
    I made my call, and am comfortable with sticking with it. If you disagree, that is your call and I respect everyone's right to their own opinion and what type of businesses or business person you give your own money to.

A little harsh? His harsh treatment of Rick, coupled with his harsh treatment to me added to the charging of the "cancer patient" for his meal that I was already paying...yeah, I'm good with my review here as harsh as you may see it. I hope you never incur a similar situation.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Not sure how many is "many" but I think Rick and Sydney will confirm my long response from earlier so I anticipate the "one" being more than "one"....maybe even "many" before it's done.
    Based on the information that was provided before you gave an indepth accounting JDR was correct in stating one in many.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3 View Post
    Based on the information that was provided before you gave an indepth accounting JDR was correct in stating one in many.
    I am confident Rick will confirm that he was "put off" (I think is how he phrased it when we met the next day) with the way Allen introduced himself to Rick. Rick is a busy busy man and may not see this post immediately. The bullshit on that day started when Allen was introduced to Rick.

I am confident Sydney will confirm that he received and paid the bill that Allen gave him, not knowing at the time that I had arranged to pay it after my conversation with Allen about Syd's current health condition and fight with cancer.

Obe the manager of Don Antonio's had never heard of ISOC until I mentioned it to him so the number of regulars that frequent that hotel are either NON ISOC members (and may never see this post to offer their experiences) or have not mentioned ISOC to Obe as the GREAT source of Sosua information that it is for whatever reason...and may not post or comment either.

It is what it is.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Sorry so slow with the response, wanted permission from Rick to go further. I am not staying in Sosua now, we were only there through Sunday and have been tied up with New Year's Festivities at other end of island. I don't log in to ISOC as often as the rest of you.
    Not a problem.

Thanks for the update.

I hope this doesn't happen to you again in the future but if it does and you want to update the community it might be a better idea to include all the facts up front.

If that means you hold off on the thread while you check to see if you can mention names then its probably better to wait. Just constructive suggestions to avoid any misunderstandings going forward.

And my wingmans post did confirm that the service at Rockys has improved since the time I dined there. However, I don't give establishments 2nd chances after they burn me so I didn't know the improvements that had been made since the new management change.

Everyone is different and thats what makes the world a beautiful place. I don't go to Sosua to eat I go there TO FUCK CHICAS...

Again sorry this happened to you and I like to end my rant with some of my Dec 2013 chicas to soothe any rough edges that I may or may not have caused posting in this thread...

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3 View Post
    Not a problem.

Thanks for the update.

I hope this doesn't happen to you again in the future but if it does and you want to update the community it might be a better idea to include all the facts up front.

If that means you hold off on the thread while you check to see if you can mention names then its probably better to wait. Just constructive suggestions to avoid any misunderstandings going forward.

And my wingmans post did confirm that the service at Rockys has improved since the time I dined there. However, I don't give establishments 2nd chances after they burn me so I didn't know the improvements that had been made since the new management change.
    We each have the right to spend our own money the way we want and where we want.
    We each have the right to post what we think and how we feel about a situation when we feel.
    You even have the right to warn people about Rocky's past slow service without holding off on the comment until confirming with your wingman if that would have been an accurate comment to post in Rocky's Restaurant's thread as a warning to the new members.
    And I also agree with you and the right that I don't give establishments 2nd chances after they burn me...especially repeatedly in the same day of the same bill.

I am here in Villa Mella with a hot blondie and she is ready for some gringo lovin. LOL take care and I hope everyone has good luck in this New Year. Cheers.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I made my call, and am comfortable with sticking with it. If you disagree, that is your call and I respect everyone's right to their own opinion and what type of businesses or business person you give your own money to.

A little harsh? His harsh treatment of Rick, coupled with his harsh treatment to me added to the charging of the "cancer patient" for his meal that I was already paying...yeah, I'm good with my review here as harsh as you may see it. I hope you never incur a similar situation.
    Like all members here, you are entitled to give an opinion,and have a discussion about it.

This topic went very well.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The owner works the majority of the hours. his ex or current GF (they live together but not sure the status of their relationship), Maria works when Allen isn't there or they are busy and both are needed. If Allen or Maria aren't there...the place is closed. Can't answer your question as I have no experience eating there when Allen is gone.
    Since I have no plans to go to Sosua and i have my favorite spots, I most likely will never get to eat here.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Since I have no plans to go to Sosua and i have my favorite spots, I most likely will never get to eat here.
    I am headed to Boca Chica today to hang with Yayow for a couple days at his new bars. If you are in the area, stop by and let me buy you a few drinks. I have a couple different phone numbers here but my personal one is 829-422-5283 if you are around.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am headed to Boca Chica today to hang with Yayow for a couple days at his new bars. If you are in the area, stop by and let me buy you a few drinks. I have a couple different phone numbers here but my personal one is 829-422-5283 if you are around.
    I get there in few weeks.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Festy, Now that you have provided some more details on this event, I have much better understanding of the situation. I'm one of those guys who do not like nonsense and get turned off very easily, especially from people who do bad business and who are greedy and selfish. So, I definitely understand why you don't want to go to that establishment and for giving us the heads up.

Hope you enjoy your time in BOCA.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin0siddle View Post
    Do you hate all french canadian ?

But seriously, Quebec is a special place. It took me two years to warm up to Quebecers.
    Last edited by Jimmydr; 01-04-2014 at 09:11 AM.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post

But seriously, Quebec is a special place. It took me two years to warm up to Quebecers.
    The province?

It destroyed me. Her name was Tootsi, she was maybe 5 ft 1. The year was September 1985 and it sent me down that highway to hookers.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information