Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 01/2014 - Rubys #144

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

01/2014 - Rubys #144

Today Ruby put on food for her customers.....FREE. Wings, sausage, peppers, onions and fresh rolls. Many business here, gringo and Dominican alike, are only concerned with squeezing every single peso posible out of their customers at every opportunity. The thought of actually giving something away FREE as a way to say thanks for your business is out of the question for most. This (and the fact that Haitian chicas hang out there) is the reason I go to Rubys. While she and I have had our differences and we certainly don't hang out together; she gets it and really appreciates people spending their pesos with her. This is far from the first time she has done something like this.

Many businesses in this town could learn from her example.
    Enjoy it while you can.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Re: Rubys #144

absolutely. a lot of places treat their customers like they're an inconvenience, ruby actually appreciates her customers. mamajuana shots on the house (with regularity, no less). who else does that?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

I saw her one night at a party or get together that Robert was hosting at Casa Cayena. Didn't meet her nor did I know who she was but the next day I saw her at Rhumbas. I waved only to say hello and she came over (uninvited) and sat down. We talked for almost an hour and during the time I bought her a couple drinks. As she got up to leave she thanked me for the drinks and told me she was the owner of Ruby's. She then invited me to come by her spot the next day and all my drinks were free. She gets it.
    trEPP33

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    absolutely. a lot of places treat their customers like they're an inconvenience, ruby actually appreciates her customers. mamajuana shots on the house (with regularity, no less). who else does that?

Rancho Tipico does that as well.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Rancho Tipico does that as well.
    We were in there one night and Ad gave everyone at our table a rum and coke on the house. I can't remember a time there when he didn't give us all a mamajuana.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Rubys #144

Lots of places or owners do.

Antica Locanda and Rick at Rockys often offer a shot. Mamajuana at my favorite Italian restaurant in Sosua and great Whisky, or whatever is on hand, when he's got something new and different from Rick. Had many free mamajuana shots at Siempre Sol after a meal there too. It's a shame he closed the kitchen....

But most other places do not do it often, if at all, and forget regularly.

Some business owners "get it" and most don't. Never heard of or had free food anywhere else though, just Ruby's!
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

9. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    We were in there one night and Ad gave everyone at our table a rum and coke on the house. I can't remember a time there when he didn't give us all a mamajuana.

Rum and Coke....................uffff. Talk to me when it's Irish coffee.

Actually, I've been privy to quite a few shots gratis at both places............one of the many reasons I keep returning.

11. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Feeling appreciated is getting close to feeling special...we all want to feel special and important... Business often goes beyond the price of the thing they are selling... Showing respect, interest and real conversation to others is the way to live our life and move ahead too... IMHO

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

Re: 01/2014 - Rubys #144

Rubys is a great spot let me add my voice to the choir and echo the positive sentiments here, great place that treats
    its customers right!

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Lots of places or owners do.

Antica Locanda and Rick at Rockys often offer a shot. Mamajuana at my favorite Italian restaurant in Sosua and great Whisky, or whatever is on hand, when he's got something new and different from Rick. Had many free mamajuana shots at Siempre Sol after a meal there too. It's a shame he closed the kitchen....

But most other places do not do it often, if at all, and forget regularly.

Some business owners "get it" and most don't. Never heard of or had free food anywhere else though, just Ruby's!
    Kudos to Ruby. She does understand business more than most...much more than most.

On my last birthday Herman from Siempre Sol complimented my beers (6 grandes) and food for the day.

16. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    Kudos to Ruby. She does understand business more than most...much more than most.

On my last birthday Herman from Siempre Sol complimented my beers (6 grandes) and food for the day.
    Its nice to talk about GOOD people as well, so :

Rick looked after myself and Mrs T for her Birthday in Rockies and a couple of free drinks in the Mary Rose.

Herman shouted us free drinks on our last morning

Ruby shouted us free shots at Rubys

I will always be greatful to Dominican Billy on educating us in FOD on our first trip outside of the AI's.

Also - thinking about it - Scot Talihabor was good to us when he had his restaurant at the Europa

And Eddy of Eddys sports bar YEARS ago was a great business man

There are good people on the north coast!

18. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstar View Post

Rick looked after myself and Mrs T for her Birthday in Rockies and a couple of free drinks in the Mary Rose.

I will always be greatful to Dominican Billy on educating us in FOD on our first trip outside of the AI's.

Also - thinking about it - Scot Talihabor was good to us when he had his restaurant at the Europa

There are good people all over the world that treat their customers like gold.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    There are good people all over the world that treat their customers like gold.
    The key is to find them and patronize, keep them in business. Let the sharks fall to the wayside.

22. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    The key is to find them and patronize, keep them in business. Let the sharks fall to the wayside.
    Word of mouth helps most of the time.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstar View Post

I agree with your list and have benefited from knowing all those mentioned. It is interesting to note that Ruby is the only non-gringo to make anyones list. She does get it.

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ruby is investing a lot of money in remodeling her place on the beach. All new chairs that are much better quality and more comfortable. New roof and new sign. Completely remodeling the interior to add a kitchen so she can do food. The only problem is that I don't see a place for the mirror that all the chicas dance in front of.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Where is Rubys again ? and how do i get there by walking , by Moto or Taxi ? can you give me directions please...

im sorry, i could not help myself

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Ill make sure I get there in March.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    Ill make sure I get there in March.
    Rubys in about 30 days....
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    Ruby is investing a lot of money in remodeling her place on the beach. All new chairs that are much better quality and more comfortable. New roof and new sign. Completely remodeling the interior to add a kitchen so she can do food. The only problem is that I don't see a place for the mirror that all the chicas dance in front of.
    It would be a shame if she had it taken away with all the new money being spent to spruce up the place if all this beach development does wind up going forward. Things seem to have quieted down about that, at least I haven't read any concrete updates regarding the beach promenade, or whatever was being planned by the business and political leaders. Personally, I hope all that noise just fades away.

Seville, to be honest, I hope Ruby has a special chair just for you. Kind of like an "Archie Bunker" chair. Have your name or a "WTF" engraved in it to signify that only you sit in it. I can't imagine the money Ruby has made since you first started promoting her place on the board. Thanks to you, countless ISOC'ers have become staples at Ruby's while on vacation. Well.....the Haitianas certainly don't hurt either in keeping them coming back.

But maybe none of this happens without you first singing Ruby's praises. Many an afternoon's great time has been had there by so many of us over the past few years. And more than a little thanks for that should be aimed in your direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information