Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sosua for Dummies - Beginners Guide to Monger’s Disneyland

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Sosua for Dummies - Beginners Guide to Monger’s Disneyland

High season has come again in Sosua. This time of year, many guys decide to take there first trip to Sosua. I decided to write this thread to help out new guys. We often tell guys to read the board, when new guys ask questions. The problem is that there is so much information, guys don’t know where to start. Some information is out dated. Trip report access is a good start, but reading what a guy did on his 20th trip is probably not what a guy should do on trip #1.

Now the advice given is just my guys opinion. Others may have different advice, so feel free to add you opinion. I just request that we keep the focus on guys new to the DR. Most new guys speak little to no spanish. Some have never left their home state, let alone travelled to a different country. So to veterans, keep this in mind when you reply. I hope to have this thread complete inside of a week.

Note to Moderators: I know there are similar threads on the board written in the past. BUT things change over time and its good to give new guys recent intel in a new thread.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Sosua for Dummies - Beginners Guide to Monger’s Disneyland

Who Should Go to Sosua

If you do not like fucking women, hate hot weather, and do not like going out….Sosua is probably the wrong place for you. If you always dreamed of fucking Many Dominican women, but just not into hanging out or being outside too much, I would suggest Black Beards or Field of Dreams.

http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com

http://www.fieldofdreamsadultresort.com

My suggestion would be to book your trip between November - February The weather is relatively mild this time of year. You can get an air conditioned room, the chicas will be onsite and you can take a chica straight back to your room with little trouble. In between girls, you can watch television, read a book, or whatever else you like to do.

Sosua is more for the guy who likes to get out more. If you don’t normally go out but want to hang out more, Sosua is the place to come. Sosua has a great beach. Many restaurants. Different types of bars. Different type of chicas. Hotels. Everything a guy needs is in walking distance, as long as you are willing to get out of your hotel room. I will get into more details later in this thread.

Many guys are hesitant to come to somewhere new without a wingman. DO NOT WORRY. It is easy to find guys to hang out with once you get to Sosua. Don't let not having somebody to hang with stop you from coming to Sosua.

Thanks

Pre Trip Planning

The first thing you have to do is to decide when to come. Most times are a good time to come for a first timer. There are a few exceptions. Avoid family holidays. Chicas will be with there family and many of the popular Sosua spots will be empty. Christmas eve, Christmas Day, Easter, and New Years are the few that come to mind. I would also avoid Super Bowl Weekend for a first timer. Sosua is crowded and chica prices are the highest of the year. My favorite time to come is Summer time. This is low season. Chica prices are at the lowest point and hotels are cheaper.

Next, you need to plan where to stay. Sosua does not have any 5 star hotels. Lower your expectations from the start. You are in a 3rd world country, so you need to lower your expectations to your surroundings. Remember that you came to Sosua to fuck chicas , not find the best hotel on the island.

My recommendation is to stay as close to the action as possible for your first trip. DO NOT STAY IN AN ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT! There is only 1 all inclusive in Sosua, Casa Marina. Others in the area are way too far away. You will not be allowed to take a chica into any all inclusive. So it defeats the purpose of coming to Sosua.

I am going to give you 3 recommendations that are walking distance to all the action. These are all sponsors of this site and many members stay at these places. I know the management / owners of all these places. This is in no particular order. I love all three of these places.

Victoria House
    This is located right on the water. All rooms have a balcony that faces the water. Beautiful scenery. Great location. You can contact El Rey of the board directly. Read my thread on this hotel.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?1114-Victorian-House

Casa Cayena
    Another great place to stay. Wilfred is a great host and the place in very well run.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...el-Casa-Cayena

Sosua Suites or Rockys
    Rick runs both of these places and is a great host. Rockys is a restaurant, but has small rooms in the back. The price is very economical, for the budget minded first timer. Sosua Suites is the closest place I know to all the action, that also has a kitchen. Rick has some places that are further off the strip. I would recommend a close place for a first timer.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...-Hotel-amp-Bar

There are many other good places to stay, so if these are booked find another. Some are a little further away. If you are in Sosua, you can catch a moto. But I personally avoid riding on the back of a moped. Renting a car is an option, but not a good idea for a first timer. Trust me. It is not worth the risk.

The nices place to stay in the Sosua area are villas. But this requires transportation, which is a hassle. I have watched groups of guys get a villa on their first trip. The place is great, but then you are chained to the group. You can hire a cab and split the cost, but what if you find a girl you want to fuck, but others in the group are still looking. You can look for groups of chicas, but somebody ends up with a chica you really did not want. (And one bad guy or chica can make problems for everybody.) It is much better if the group is staying somewhere close.

Thanks

Pre Trip Things To Do
    The most obvious thing you need to do is hit your local drug store. You need to purchase a large supply of condoms, lube (anal lovers), and any other sex toys you may desire. These items are more expensive in the DR. Also purchase Imodium. Unfortunately, you probably will need it.

If you plan to use your ATM cards or credit cards, call the bank and advice them of your trip. If you plan to carry cash, I would purchase a small lock box as well. Hotels safes are good, but are not 100% secure. I personally carry cards, but carry cash as well. I keep my cash in a personal lock box. It cost me $30 at Walmart.

I for one am an advocate for having a cell phone. If you have an unlocked cell, you can purchase a SIM at Orange or Claro. You could also purchase a cheap cell phone once you arrive. You can find a cheap cell for under $20.

Pack light. You will not be dressing up in Sosua. Shorts, t-shirts can be worn 24 hours a day. I normally wear jeans at night. Maybe a collared shirt. BUT I definitely do not dress up in Sosua. It is a tourist town.

The final thing you need to do is set a budget. Once you put aside money for hotel, airline ticket, $10 entry fee into DR (put aside exact change), cab fare to and from Sosua (if necessary), I will plan between $150 - $250 a day for food, drinks, fun, and chicas. My budget is $200 per day, but I could spend more if I choose. You can make it on $100 a day, but you really have to watch what you spend on alcohol and chicas. If this is your budget, you cannot run up a big bar bill and you can’t splurge on a high price chica. (More on chica prices later.)

If you cannot afford to spend $100 a day on top of the airline ticket and rental car, STOP RIGHT HERE!!! You should not be taking this trip. If you like to drink and cannot budget a minimum of $150 a day, STOP!!! If you really can’t afford a trip, it will not be fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,844 Times in 377 Posts

Man 100$ a day budget would be tough unless you are not a drinker or something like that. I Cant see a person having much of a good time if they had to worry about not pushing a 100$ limit. Especially if it were their first time in sosua or a beginner. Never the less good information on sosua.

7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jonew1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 688 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonew1 View Post
    Man 100$ a day budget would be tough unless you are not a drinker or something like that. I Cant see a person having much of a good time if they had to worry about not pushing a 100$ limit. Especially if it were their first time in sosua or a beginner. Never the less good information on sosua.
    Post hotel etc, 1st trip was $300/day. 2nd was $250/day. I could easily do $200 on my next trip. I have like $150 worth of excess pesos just sitting here.
    Pac-man aka Panocha Villa

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Pac-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Good info. I took my to noobies to Blackbeards for their first night. One of them took 7 girls total before midnight (because of threesomes) and the other took 4 or 5. I took 3. This made going to Sosua easier because Blackbeards put everything in perspective for them. It showed them what 1600 dominican pesos could do. They enjoyed the food and got their initial trip excitement out of their system.

I told them everything they needed to know about safety, security, and money. Neither one of them tried to be a big spender until the last night, but that worked out with a little assistance. Could have been ugly if I did not choose to make sure they went home with a date before I called it a night. Throughout the week they both had time to experience Sosua on their own but I always wanted to be there when I thought it was critical (when they were drunk). Its all fun, but first trip mistakes could put a permanent negetive thought any anyone's mind.

One of them has been three times already between September and December (one trip he was alone). The other wants to go back but its hard for him to manage it.

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Pattaya is Monger Disneyland,

Sosua is more like Monger Coney Island.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Good idea for an up-to-date comprehensive thread for newbies and sensible advice here. My only comments:

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    You can get an air conditioned room.
    Not hard to find a room with a/c, but I won't get hung up on it in January/February. It is warm most days here but not too warm at night. One or two nights it has been quite chilly. From March onwards, different story.

Also purchase Imodium. Unfortunately, you probably will need it.
    Good idea to bring it, but writing "probably" is a bit strong. How many get the shits first trip? Not more than 20% for sure, and half of those have acted carelessly. You don't want to frighten guys off.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Also purchase Imodium. Unfortunately, you probably will need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Good idea to bring it, but writing "probably" is a bit strong. How many get the shits first trip? Not more than 20% for sure, and half of those have acted carelessly. You don't want to frighten guys off.
    That reminds me, Weyland, would you like me to bring more Pepto-Bismol in March?
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

I would agree with DQuick, if you can't spend more than $100 per day it might not be the full experience.

But if you don't drink much and only do 1 session or think you can score sessions for $1,000RD or less than it is possible.
    But the chicas can smell out a first timer so the low cost session although not impossible are less likely.

My days normally range from $150-$225 most days.

I find the overall cost is not much different whether you keep a chica for an extended period of time or sample many chicas (3-5 sessions per day)

You will have more fun on the first trip by sampling as many different chicas as you can. Try them all out but keep your wits about you or they will try to take advantage of you.

Everyone is going to want to help and you will get many requests.

The most important word to know is NO. They might call you some dirty name but the next day they will be your friend all over again

Beggars. If you give them money, be prepared to give them money every time you see them as they will hit you up time and time again and they will see you often.

Don't worry about having to pack every little thing as most everything is available there as well.
    Things like mouthwash, lotion and shampoo are readily available.

But as was said bring your own condoms and lube and immodium. It is a trip saver and helps to keep things tight should they start to flow.

Buy bottled water to drink it is ultra cheap

Probably never a good thing to tell a chica that it is your first time there as she is not asking you that she can show you the ropes
    Last edited by j_d66; 01-18-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pictures Re: Sosua for Dummies - Beginners Guide to Monger’s Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    Pattaya is Monger Disneyland,

Sosua is more like Monger Coney Island.

pattaya is incredible! not so much about the beaches more about the bitches! if u like strip clubs and bars this is the place! more like fucking incredible! and hot! cant wait to go back but travel time is a pain! oh and the girls are asian not spanish - to - quite dark. same prices different bills

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dirty rig hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

I will admit that I really didn't read any of it but.....

Dquick giving advice? Priceless. It's the thought that counts.
    Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post

Well...I read it and he makes sense. Like trey might say, "do like I tell you not like I do it".
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan View Post

Well...I read it and he makes sense. Like trey might say, "do like I tell you not like I do it".
    Well ... okay ... I don't have nearly as much experience as he has ...

But I'm not going to try to tell anyone how to "do it right."

I think it's better for me to say, "This is what I did, and this is how freakin' stupid fucked-up it turned out."

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    I would agree with DQuick, if you can't spend more than $100 per day it might not be the full experience.

But if you don't drink much and only do 1 session or think you can score sessions for $1,000RD or less than it is possible.
    But the chicas can smell out a first timer so the low cost session although not impossible are less likely.

My days normally range from $150-$225 most days.

I find the overall cost is not much different whether you keep a chica for an extended period of time or sample many chicas (3-5 sessions per day)

You will have more fun on the first trip by sampling as many different chicas as you can. Try them all out but keep your wits about you or they will try to take advantage of you.

Everyone is going to want to help and you will get many requests.

The most important word to know is NO. They might call you some dirty name but the next day they will be your friend all over again

Beggars. If you give them money, be prepared to give them money every time you see them as they will hit you up time and time again and they will see you often.

Don't worry about having to pack every little thing as most everything is available there as well.
    Things like mouthwash, lotion and shampoo are readily available.

But as was said bring your own condoms and lube and immodium. It is a trip saver and helps to keep things tight should they start to flow.

Buy bottled water to drink it is ultra cheap

Probably never a good thing to tell a chica that it is your first time there as she is not asking you that she can show you the ropes
    This is a great point. You will have to say no allot in Sosua. BUT ONLY SAY NO ONCE. After that, I do not even acknowledge the request. This might seem rude to you, but a Dominican with money would not have acknowledge the request the first time. They would have simply ignored the beggar.

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

This one may be useful for many, LA PLAYA - an English or German magazine - that can be picked up in Sosua, has got its Sosua Yellow Pages section in 8-9 pages. Anyone with access to a good color scanner please copy and post in pdf this section. It has got a lot of useful info hotels, bars etc with addresses and telephones.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One point I forgot to make about planning a trip. Do not plan your first trip for 3 or 4 nights. This is way too short for a first timer and you will end up regretting it. I would recommend 1 week for a first timer. This is about right.

Once you arrive, take a deep breath. You have been looking forward to this for a while, but do not rush out to find a chica. Settle into your room. Unpack. Lock up all valuables. Make sure you have condoms in a place easy to reach. Also lock up your passport. Carry around a copy, but I have never needed this copy in any situation. I normally carry my US driver’s license and about 4000 pesos. DO NOT CARRY A LARGE SUM OF MONEY. I have known guys to get pick pocketed. Now you are ready to have fun.

During the day, the most popular place to go is the beach. As you walk past the shops, every guy will want you to look at the stuff he is selling. I would just ignore them on my first day. There is plenty of time to buy souvenirs late in your trip. Do not even bother responding to these guys. If you give them an opening, they will never leave you alone. As you pass restaurants, the places will do the same. My favorite restaurant on the beach is Mofo King. This spot is about in the middle of the beach strip. The prices are very reasonable and the food is good. You will notice that places like Mofo King are not bothering every person passing by to sit down. This is because there prices are reasonable, the food is good, and they get customers. The most aggressive beach bars are normally the ones that are over priced and poor quality. Another popular spot with ISOC is Ruby’s. Just watch that Robert guy. That old man is always cranky. BUT bring him some salad dressing from the US and you made a friend for life.

A few words of wisdom on the beach. Never order anything from a place without knowing how much it cost. Never run a tab. Pay as you go. This goes for anywhere in Sosua. I can’t tell you the number of times I have found a discrepancy on a check. The best way to handle this is to simply not run a tab.

You may see chicas walking by. Don’t be shy about calling a chica over. Just remember that Sunday is family day. Many families from Santiago visit Sosua. Many girls are not available this day and will not respond when you call them over.

Once evening comes, its time to start hitting places on the strip. My favorite is Rhumba, but you may want to explore other spots on the strip. Around this time, you start running into Dominican guys who open with the line “My Friend. My Friend”. These guys are hustlers and are not your friend. They will offer help talking to chicas. They will try to follow you around. THESE GUYS WILL ONLY COST YOU MONEY. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO HANG AROUND YOU!!!.

I can’t emphasis this enough. I witnessed an incident during my last trip where a dominican guy sat down at a table. Started talking to the guys and ordering drinks. By the end of the incident, he ran up a 2000 pesos tab. (Almost $50) The gringos at the table were stuck with the bill.

Thanks

The most popular night spot is Dlatin. You may also notice chicas hanging outside Dlatin. Some may just be getting air, but others are not allowed inside. There are only two reasons they are not allowed inside, they are either under age or they have gotten in trouble in the past. Regardless of the reason, if a chica can’t go inside, a guy should leave them alone on their first trip. There are many bars along the area, so spend some time looking around. You may find a place you like better than Dlatin.

Late at night, the only after hours spot in Sosua is After 1. It gets going at 3 AM. For a first timer, this is not the best place to pick up a girl. Many of these girls have been drinking for hours. Some have been doing other “party favors” as well. I would recommend for a new guy to already decide on a chica before 3 AM. But you can find good girls in this spot.

Since we are on the subject of “party favors”, let me give one big piece of advice. LEAVE YOUR BAD HABITS BACK AT HOME. If you like to have something stronger than alcohol, save that for another weekend. You really don’t want to be in a Dominican jail. If you like to bing drink, pick another time for the bing. There is no easier target than a drunk gringo. Many will not head this advice…but that is the reason why some guys get robbed, end up in jail, or worse.

Thanks

Before I finish writing for the night, I want to add a little more. 95% of guys go to Sosua and don't have any problems. Guys get away with getting drunk and make it back to their hotel safely. Sosua is a pretty safe town. BUT incidents do happen. Often these incidents could have been avoided. Normally alcohol is involved.

Now that we have finished the basics, we can get to dealing with the chicas....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information