Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EastCoast's Review Of The Victorian House Hotel and Bourbon Street Restaurant

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

EastCoast's Review Of The Victorian House Hotel and Bourbon Street Restaurant

Now, when on vacation we all need different things to make us feel comfortable.

For some, it's location, others it's the price, some like basic accommodations others like luxury.

Myself I like the average of those things but lean more towards the luxurious or the one with most serene ambiance.

Now I must admit, I found the perfect place by accident I might add.

I present The Victorian House Hotel

The view from The Bourbon Street Restaurant
    I've offended you.....goood

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: EastCoast's Review Of The Victorian House Hotel and Bourbon Street Restaurant

On this past trip, I opted to stay out of the hustle and bustle of Sosua and laid up at The Kite Beach Inn in Cabarette (I will review that fine establishment next)
    But this morning I was meeting up with The Office Manager, and The Bourbon Street Restaurant was the rally point. I arrived and liked the location, it's immediately to the right of the After 1 club tucked into the corner.

As I entered the grounds, I was pleasantly surprised, It was calming,The main building sits in the middle, there's a children playground area to the right, and two paths, one that leads to the Sosua Bay Hotel, the other leads to the Restaurant.

As you enter the open air restaurant, there sits the cute Dominican Hostess (I use that term loosely, she's somebodies girlfriend, bet that)

I liked the layout.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: EastCoast's Review Of The Victorian House Hotel and Bourbon Street Restaurant

Ever since I heard about the menu there was one thing that I had to have.

The Chicken and Waffles ! ! !

Bangin!

Moderately Priced, but well worth it.

BrooklynBeas, Another Member (I forgot your name) and Office Manager sat down and kicked and it was a great Brunch.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I returned a few days later during lunchtime, as I entered the place I see Robert09760967207, BKBeas, VP, Wicked Willie, Irie and his Pretty Chica, there was another Haitiana with her baby, She was seated between Robert and Willie, So I couldn't tell who she was with. She was a nice lady tho.

I sat down and took at look at the lunch special menu 200 Pesos for everything, and it was quite a selection, I chose the Shrimp Po Boy and Cajun Fries

It was pretty damn amazing, so good I ordered a second one.

It was actually too good for the price.I'm sure there is something on that menu that you would like.

VP was on hand making sure we were taken care of (He has an actual job, and was doing good)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

After lunch we asked VP for a tour of the grounds

First we were shown a basic room, which was probably better than any deluxe room I've seen in Sosua so far but the real deal was the Jacuzzi Suite!

Baller Status ! ! !

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Random Pics and Views from The Hotel

Blog Entries
    Thanks

In my honest opinion, this place is the best value for the dollar in Sosua, it's clean and comfortable and pretty damn sexy. I'm not sure about the room rates, but there is an isoc discount. The owner Brionne is a nice guy and seems really interested in making the guests feel at home.

VP was a great host and wish him well. For more information and the ISOC rates, Contact him here

vpchill@gmail.com and 829 923 7437

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Is the owner a local or foreigner?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    I returned a few days later during lunchtime, as I entered the place I see Robert09760967207, BKBeas, VP, Wicked Willie, Irie and his Pretty Chica, there was another Haitiana with her baby, She was seated between Robert and Willie, So I couldn't tell who she was with. She was a nice lady tho.

I sat down and took at look at the lunch special menu 200 Pesos for everything, and it was quite a selection, I chose the Shrimp Po Boy and Cajun Fries

Click to see pic

It was pretty damn amazing, so good I ordered a second one.

It was actually too good for the price.I'm sure there is something on that menu that you would like.

VP was on hand making sure we were taken care of (He has an actual job, and was doing good)

That po boy looks like it is filled with genuine jumbo gulf coast shrimp! The big fuckers! And that is only 200 pesos? Are you kidding me? Less than $5 bucks? I eat that dish at 2 pm and I'm good until a late night stop at one of the sandwich trucks up on the road round midnight.

I've had po boys down in Nawlins' and they didn't look anything like that. They were filled with those cheap ass breaded popcorn shrimp that you can hardly taste. Paid about $10 bucks and it was nearly all bread.

EC....you ate 2 of em? And the fries too? Did you used to play tackle for the Jets or something?

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    That po boy looks like it is filled with genuine jumbo gulf coast shrimp! The big fuckers! And that is only 200 pesos? Are you kidding me? Less than $5 bucks? I eat that dish at 2 pm and I'm good until a late night stop at one of the sandwich trucks up on the road round midnight.

I've had po boys down in Nawlins' and they didn't look anything like that. They were filled with those cheap ass breaded popcorn shrimp that you can hardly taste. Paid about $10 bucks and it was nearly all bread.

EC....you ate 2 of em? And the fries too? Did you used to play tackle for the Jets or something?
    The value for the $ here is off the charts. It has become the must stop in Sosua imho...

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post

I only ordered a second sandwich. It was just as good as the Lobster Rolls from Red Hook Lobster Pound, that cost $15.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Is the owner a local or foreigner?
    The Owner is from Miami I believe, I was drunk when he told me, so it could Miami, Minnesota, Manilla I dunno

18. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

Great thread here EastCoast been looking forward to a detailed review. That shrimp po boy looks
    great and spectacular value (those do indeed look like gulf shrimp, a rare and pricey treat)! Thanks
    for posting!

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

Thanks for the pics EC,,,

It is giving me a great preview for my upcoming stay there,,,,,,
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Delighted to hear that Victorian House gets the ECAS Seal Of Approval!

A little something to note: I mentioned my upcoming stay on "the other board," on a thread about the gathering they're planning at FOD in mid-March. One of the netizens over there PM'ed me to warn me that Trip Advisor was putting Victorian House down ...

I took a look, and, well, yes, they were. But all of their reviews were prior to the current Regency.

It might be a thoughtful move to send in fresh reviews and set Trip Advisor straight ...

(Unless we want to keep this hidden gem to ourselves.)
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I actually sat with Vp and Brionne and discussed Trip Advisor and dealing with guest issues etc.. And they are dedicated to making the guests feel safe and I believe them, I wouldn't worry too much about the reviews there, I may but up a review there of VH, Kite Beach Inn, Gorditos and LAX, I think if I put up two more reviews I get a keychain

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Delighted to hear that Victorian House gets the ECAS Seal Of Approval!

A little something to note: I mentioned my upcoming stay on "the other board," on a thread about the gathering they're planning at FOD in mid-March. One of the netizens over there PM'ed me to warn me that Trip Advisor was putting Victorian House down ...

I took a look, and, well, yes, they were. But all of their reviews were prior to the current Regency.

It might be a thoughtful move to send in fresh reviews and set Trip Advisor straight ...

(Unless we want to keep this hidden gem to ourselves.)

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 433 Posts

Those are some really nice views. I'd be content on my vacay by smoking a nice cigar and staring at the riff raff over on Sosua Beach.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Young Hero For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Young Hero View Post
    Those are some really nice views. I'd be content on my vacay by smoking a nice cigar and staring at the riff raff over on Sosua Beach.
    Young Hero! How's my buddy doing? Is he still in the church?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,128 Times in 3,034 Posts

El-Rey, as suggested some good reviews on trip advisor from those who can put it up officially will bring in a lot of non-monger folks from US and folks from across the Atlantic who rely a lot on travel web-site reviews. Helps a lot in the low season when its cut-throat business in the hospitality industry. Adding in a few perks in the low season like personalized airport pick up, DR style limo service for larger groups will motivate folks to bite. Getting a few pics of the view on Instagram and comparable web sites will only add to the street creed.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CentralNJDude View Post
    El-Rey, as suggested some good reviews on trip advisor from those who can put it up officially will bring in a lot of non-monger folks from US and folks from across the Atlantic who rely a lot on travel web-site reviews. Helps a lot in the low season when its cut-throat business in the hospitality industry. Adding in a few perks in the low season like personalized airport pick up, DR style limo service for larger groups will motivate folks to bite. Getting a few pics of the view on Instagram and comparable web sites will only add to the street creed.
    Instagram hashtag #victorianhouse #BourbonstreetRestaurant I have a few pics up there.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information