Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EastCoast's Review Of The Victorian House Hotel and Bourbon Street Restaurant

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Re: EastCoast's Review Of The Victorian House Hotel and Bourbon Street Restaurant

Yeah just wait until some housewife from Canada reads up on Trip Advisor, sees the good reviews and books a trip for her and her over 50 husband.
    She's gonna be mad when he decides he aint coming home......lmaooo

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Re: EastCoast's Review Of The Victorian House Hotel and Bourbon Street Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Yeah just wait until some housewife from Canada reads up on Trip Advisor, sees the good reviews and books a trip for her and her over 50 husband.
    OH YES DEAR GOD!!!

All teasing aside - let's be honest, folks, it just might take more than us mongers to fill up the rooms at Victorian House, especially in the summer season when the snow has melted and the snowbirds fly back up north. This place is a great property, deserving of our good publicity, don't you think?
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Broad spectrum advertising is a double edged sword, especially where sites like Trip Advisor are concerned. I have read their trip reports where some family with kids wrote terrible reviews on hotels that catered to mongers and in no time at all they were monger-proofed.

The way we like to travel is best kept among ourselves.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Broad spectrum advertising is a double edged sword, especially where sites like Trip Advisor are concerned. I have read their trip reports where some family with kids wrote terrible reviews on hotels that catered to mongers and in no time at all they were monger-proofed.

There was a couple who booked Mary Rose after reading Trip Advisor. They were there during my April trip. They had NO clue what Sosua was about. Luckily, they were cool with it. She wasn't too happy when she left though, since he was staying there a couple extra days!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    There was a couple who booked Mary Rose after reading Trip Advisor. They were there during my April trip. They had NO clue what Sosua was about. Luckily, they were cool with it. She wasn't too happy when she left though, since he was staying there a couple extra days!

How in the fuck did he pull that off?

I just got a brand new HERO!

If any of my 3 exes had ever caught wind of some shit like that they'd have showed up at the airport with their bag in one hand and my nuts tightly gripped in the other.

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    He laughed when we talked about that later, said he knew what was going on in Sosua long before they booked.

And they broke up two weeks later and he came with us to Meddy in June.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    He laughed when we talked about that later, said he knew what was going on in Sosua long before they booked.

And they broke up two weeks later and he came with us to Meddy in June.
    Aha! They weren't married. That explains a lot. Hero status revoked.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post

... Ohhhh-kay, I can respect that, especially after reading what EastCoastAllStar said about his chat with El-Rey and Brionne.

But certainly, Victorian House gets the "Good Ho-keeping Seal Of Approval," right here.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Mongers Going to TripAdvisor for hotel info is like going to TacoBell to see how the burgers are.
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El-Rey View Post
    Mongers Going to TripAdvisor for hotel info is like going to TacoBell to see how the burgers are.
    True but you may need some clean money during the low season until the mongers return... But then again you dont want to end up on 20/20

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,128 Times in 3,034 Posts

As long as its break-even in the low season, I guess it will work out. Trying to keep a consistent and predictable cash flow coming in is the hardest part of this business. Maybe there are other incentives that El-Rey can add on during the lean months?

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El-Rey View Post
    Actually, Trip Advisor has been instrumental in finding Chica friendly hotels for me in the past. Key word: "singles".

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How's the commute back and forth between the strip with no rental? Is there parking for rental?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Humpy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Pictures Re: EastCoast's Review Of The Victorian House Hotel and Bourbon Street Restaurant

Victorian House and the Bourbon Street Restaurant are about a 1 minute stroll from the strip so no need for a vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpy View Post
    How's the commute back and forth between the strip with no rental? Is there parking for rental?
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Humpy View Post
    IF you have to have a Vehicle there is always parking in Front and Security is at the front gate 24/7

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    The Owner is from Miami I believe, I was drunk when he told me, so it could Miami, Minnesota, Manilla I dunno

You never cease to crack me up!!

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information