Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 01/2014 - EastCoast's Review of Kite Beach Inn

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: EastCoast's Review of Kite Beach Inn

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    My only experience taking the publico was from Sosua to Kite Beach. There was about 25 people in the van. Only in DR will you have a chic in a business suit sitting on a dude transporting a bucket of fish...smh
    I took it from Caberete to Santiago once and it was cool. I took it locally about 500 times.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Re: 01/2014 - EastCoast's Review of Kite Beach Inn

I'm a tourist, fuck all that act a Dominicano nonsense. Publicos are cool only under certain circumstances, I took one from POP to Sosua, I rented the whole front seat, there were 6 people crunched up in the back, I could hear the moans and groins as I reclined my seat for more comfort.
    Last edited by eastcoastallstar; 01-28-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    I've offended you.....goood

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    I'm a tourist, fuck all that act a Dominicano nonsense. Publicos are cool only under certain circumstances, I took one from POP to Sosua, I rented the whole front seat, there were 6 people crunched up the back, the could hear the moans and groins as I reclined my seat for more comfort.
    Yes you rented the front seat for 50 or 60 pesos or could have paid a taxi $40 or more. We are not talking about peanuts here.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Yes you rented the front seat for 50 or 60 pesos or could have paid a taxi $40 or more. We are not talking about peanuts here.
    $30 bucks actually, but hey take all the publicos you want, but don't make it seem like I'm the one that crazy for not wanting to ride around in a vehicle that's well over capacity and probably not well maintained, have any idea how bad the injuries would be should there be an accident?

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

That 'Cabarete Taxi Co' or whatever they're called (I think the same guys have that little booth at the corner of Dr Rosen & PC) are as bad as the airport taxi mafias. 500p is ludicrous. A regular taxi charges 300-350 tops between Sosua-Cabarete. The Cabarete Co has nicer cars/minivans though, I'll give them that.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    That 'Cabarete Taxi Co' or whatever they're called (I think the same guys have that little booth at the corner of Dr Rosen & PC) are as bad as the airport taxi mafias. 500p is ludicrous. A regular taxi charges 300-350 tops between Sosua-Cabarete. The Cabarete Co has nicer cars/minivans though, I'll give them that.
    I don't know what a regular cab is, they all quote the same prices, but 500 seemed to be the going rate.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Re: EastCoast's Review of Kite Beach Inn

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    My only experience taking the publico was from Sosua to Kite Beach. There was about 25 people in the van. Only in DR will you have a chic in a business suit sitting on a dude transporting a bucket of fish...smh
    I have taken the guagua (van) once or twice when the publico cars that were passing were all full. I really try to avoid the guagua. It might be 5 pesos cheaper than the cars, but it is not worth it.

The Kite Beach Inn is easy to get to, but sometimes not so easy to leave if you are going to Sosua. I found the best way to get back to Sosua was to take a moto into Cabarete, then either take the tourist taxi or wait for the publico. (or try to bum a ride from Ohmmmmm heheheh).

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

$30 bucks actually, but hey take all the publicos you want, but don't make it seem like I'm the one that crazy for not wanting to ride around in a vehicle that's well over capacity and probably not well maintained, have any idea how bad the injuries would be should there be an accident?
    Well I may have saved well over $10,000 over all the years in DR and I don't go in really fucked up looking Gwa Gwas or taxis

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well I may have saved well over $10,000 over all the years in DR and I don't go in really fucked up looking Gwa Gwas or taxis
    All that bread you saved you would think you would fuck a better quality of woman.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

All that bread you saved you would think you would fuck a better quality of woman.
    Sorry if I don't like those thick girls that you like but I am doing what I like and you do what you like.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry if I don't like those thick girls that you like but I am doing what I like and you do what you like.
    thats exactly my point.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

I'm a tourist, fuck all that act a Dominicano nonsense. Publicos are cool only under certain circumstances, I took one from POP to Sosua, I rented the whole front seat, there were 6 people crunched up the back, the could hear the moans and groins as I reclined my seat for more comfort.
    I did take a van coming back from Cabarete to Sosua on my last trip. At it's fullest, I counted 21 people inside. I had to sit up and leaning forward on the seat back in front of me the whole time. They stopped every few hundred yards. One or two people would get out and then 3-5 would get on. The ride had to have taken close to 30 minutes before I got out at the Texaco station. The Dominican experience and all! The problem it seems is that it is much easier to go to Cabarete, and cheaper too, in a taxi, but you have fewer options in getting back. The possibility of having an accident while being sardined in one of those things was never far from my mind.

After meeting weyland on the PP malecon a couple of years back, he told me where the main taxi stand was. It was 90 pesos for the front and middle seat for a ride to Sosua. 4 people were in the back, all squeezed together, going to Montellano. Beleive me, that extra room up front in a taxi was worth it! When I got out, I just gave the driver a 100 peso note and called it a day.

Excellent review on ohmmmm's hotel, Eastcoast!

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

I'm a tourist, fuck all that act a Dominicano nonsense. Publicos are cool only under certain circumstances, I took one from POP to Sosua, I rented the whole front seat, there were 6 people crunched up in the back, I could hear the moans and groins as I reclined my seat for more comfort.
    EC.. just out of curiosity, how old are you? I get the impression you're a late 30's kind of guy?
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    EC.. just out of curiosity, how old are you? I get the impression you're a late 30's kind of guy?
    Yes, but what does that have to do with not wanting to ride in an unsafe vehicle to save a few bucks?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

Dude I agree with you, I'm Dominican, and when I'm in DR I try to go about my time there in the most comfortable way possible. I understand some people wanting to "bask in the culture", but I have zero interest taking publicos, or carritos, I don't want to take bucket showers outside, hell I don't even want to shower with cold water, I have no interest in going outside, and running around in the rain, or any of that other "fun" Dominican stuff.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    Dude I agree with you, I'm Dominican, and when I'm in DR I try to go about my time there in the most comfortable way possible. I understand some people wanting to "bask in the culture", but I have zero interest taking publicos, or carritos, I don't want to take bucket showers outside, hell I don't even want to shower with cold water, I have no interest in going outside, and running around in the rain, or any of that other "fun" Dominican stuff.

Tell me about it. Most Dominicans I know that live here want to go to AI's when they return home. That wanting to be a Dominican shit is for weirdos, I just want some good food, a comfortable space and a pretty bitch. That's a vacation.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

Tell me about it. Most Dominicans I know that live here want to go to AI's when they return home. That wanting to be a Dominican shit is for weirdos, I just want some good food, a comfortable space and a pretty bitch. That's a vacation.
    My thing is people act like Dominicans WANT to do those things, ride an outdated vehicle that's older than me, and has a couple 100 thousand miles on it, with no seat bealts, and generally is nothing more than scrap metal, with a couple of other dozen sweaty motherfuckers. How many Dominicans, you think wake up in the morning, and are excited about the publico ride? I can tell you how many, zero, they do it because it's the only affordable way for them to get from point A to point B. So when people are uber pumped to "experience" those aspects of Dominican culture, it's sort of weird, it's like being real excited to live the byproduct of poverty.

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Yes, but what does that have to do with not wanting to ride in an unsafe vehicle to save a few bucks?

Nada... Zero, zilch.. zip.... I just try to get a mental picture of you in my head.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Nada... Zero, zilch.. zip.... I just try to get a mental picture of you in my head.
    It's highly unlikely we will ever be in the same room, together, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've seen you 1000 times. you show up on my Facebook everyday.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 697 Posts

L O fucking L

I almost choked....

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrblackluv For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information