Thread: 01/2014 - Hotel Bahia Blanca, Rio San Juan

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

01/2014 - Hotel Bahia Blanca, Rio San Juan

I learned about Hotel Bahia Blanca from posts in various threads here, but couldn’t find one solely dedicated to it. If there is one, my bad and consider this an update. I spent a night there with two good friends and a favorita recently.

Hotel Bahia Blanca is located in Rio San Juan and is situated on the water quite literally. It is run by an older French Canadian couple who happen to be the original owners and built the place several years ago. Although I didn’t count, the place has plenty of rooms for occupancy. I would guess at least 30 rooms spread over four levels.

The view arriving from the main road.

(borrowed from the internet)

It’s not far off the main highway although a lot of the streets are one way, so pay attention.

It’s located at the very end of a dead end street. Beyond that is one of the two beaches straddling it.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Hotel Bahia Blanca, Rio San Juan

The rooms aren’t overly large, but me and my companion were comfortable. The double beds may be a problem for some bigger guys. I was able to see two rooms that were the same so I’m not sure if there is an option with a larger, queen or king size bed………….and I forgot to ask.

The couch and small desk were a nice addition although unused.

The only real issue during our stay was the first night the shower overflowed (majorly) out onto the bathroom floor. I spoke with the woman at the desk and she knew exactly what the problem was…………….…sand built up in the drain. They fixed the problem while we were out eating and partying that night. No problems the next morning.

A few of the rooms even had their own ‘private’ balcony.

Last edited by Irie; 01-29-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks

Unfortunately it started raining as soon as we arrived. Despite that the views are spectacular.

The water is literally crashing on the walls of the hotel.

Thanks

There is a public beach on each side of the hotel. Looking to the west…….

………and looking back to the east. I actually heard music and saw a few people on this beach out in the rain having fun.

(not a great shot, but the beach is there)

Thanks

There is a nice area under roof with table and chairs on each level to get out of the sun................or rain in our case. The rain came down so hard though that it was pooling on the entire level.

Thanks

There is a restaurant and bar on the main level. I’m not sure about lunch, but I saw dinner being served and personally enjoyed breakfast the next morning.

Thanks

There was wifi in the facility, but I couldn’t get it on the top floor where we were. In the lobby it worked perfectly. It is definitely not five star, but it is a nice place to stay if you want to get away with a favorita. The ambiance is laid back and it is extremely quiet. I can see getting some real rest there as well as other noteworthy activities.

The price was a value in my opinion for the product we received. It was 1440 RD per night, so roughly $35 USD.

Although I wasn’t on the hunt, there would be the occasional chica walking down the street in front of the place. This was during the rain mind you, so who knows on a nice sunny day.

You won’t find a dedicated site on the internet (at least I couldn’t), but their phone number is 1.809.589.2563. We tried to make a reservation the day before but the phone connection was shit.

There were plenty of guests there but didn’t have any issues getting rooms. All of the guests I saw while there were older families. We had no issues as far as the chicas were concerned with either management or the others staying there.

All in all I would give it my recommendation. I’m fairly sure I’ll be returning for multiple nights in the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    There was wifi in the facility, but I couldn’t get it on the top floor where we were. In the lobby it worked perfectly. It is definitely not five star, but it is a nice place to stay if you want to get away with a favorita. The ambiance is laid back and it is extremely quiet. I can see getting some real rest there as well as other noteworthy activities.

The price was a value in my opinion for the product we received. It was 1440 RD per night, so roughly $35 USD.

Although I wasn’t on the hunt, there would be the occasional chica walking down the street in front of the place. This was during the rain mind you, so who knows on a nice sunny day.

You won’t find a dedicated site on the internet (at least I couldn’t), but their phone number is 1.809.589.2563. We tried to make a reservation the day before but the phone connection was shit.

There were plenty of guests there but didn’t have any issues getting rooms. All of the guests I saw while there were older families. We had no issues as far as the chicas were concerned with either management or the others staying there.

All in all I would give it my recommendation. I’m fairly sure I’ll be returning for multiple nights in the future.
    Excellent posts, Gracias. The hotel has excellent reviews on this site; http://www.hotel-dominican-republic....-san-juan.html

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

I sure the place is great on a hot sunny day.
    I've offended you.....goood

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I learned about Hotel Bahia Blanca from posts in various threads here, but couldn’t find one solely dedicated to it. If there is one, my bad and consider this an update. I spent a night there with two good friends and a favorita recently.

Hotel Bahia Blanca is located in Rio San Juan and is situated on the water quite literally. It is run by an older French Canadian couple who happen to be the original owners and built the place several years ago. Although I didn’t count, the place has plenty of rooms for occupancy. I would guess at least 30 rooms spread over four levels.

The view arriving from the main road.

Click to see pic
    (borrowed from the internet)

It’s not far off the main highway although a lot of the streets are one way, so pay attention.

Click to see pic

It’s located at the very end of a dead end street. Beyond that is one of the two beaches straddling it.

Click to see pic
    Thanks for the report.. on my last trip my wingman and me went there to do some sight seeing and parked in front of the place it seemed nice and quiet plus the beaches are nice and a little secluded..

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juniorbroker71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    I sure the place is great on a hot sunny day.

From what I could tell by it and the surrounding area, it would be great. It was the only damn day it rained (all day) that week.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    Excellent posts, Gracias. The hotel has excellent reviews on this site; http://www.hotel-dominican-republic....-san-juan.html

Yeah. I checked here first, then the one you mentioned and a few others before deciding. There weren't too many negatives. Those that were seemed to be coming from an "AI" type traveler.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah. I checked here first, then the one you mentioned and a few others before deciding. There weren't too many negatives. Those that were seemed to be coming from an "AI" type traveler.
    Aman Hotel Group, has some very nice properties throughout the world, http://www.amanresorts.com/

Aman Playa Grande looks very nice. The Bahia Blanca Hotel ($35 per night, on the water is a nice hotel at a nice price) is in this area. http://www.playagrande.com/page/the-...l#playa-grande

Thanks again for the posts.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    Aman Hotel Group, has some very nice properties throughout the world, http://www.amanresorts.com/

Aman Playa Grande looks very nice. The Bahia Blanca Hotel ($35 per night, on the water is a nice hotel at a nice price) is in this area. http://www.playagrande.com/page/the-...l#playa-grande

Thanks again for the posts.

One of the things I like is the diversity of the beaches there. Although I didn't spend a lot of time there , laguna gri gri is something different to experience.

(this is a little cheesy, but will give those who've never been some more insight...............siento)

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One of the things I like is the diversity of the beaches there. Although I didn't spend a lot of time there , laguna gri gri is something different to experience.
    Very nice video, thanks. Mangroves are incredible, trees that can grow in salt water. I have been told a boat tour of Laguna GriGri is very nice.

Some photos I took about 6 years ago, nice beaches near Bahia Blanca Hotel.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Some photos from Sosua, from about ten years ago.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thread Information