Thread: Cabana Santo Domingo- Navarro Hotel

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Cabana Santo Domingo- Navarro Hotel

Navarro Hotel Aveneida Indepencia across from Club 305

I tried the Navarro Hotel because I did not want to bring a chica de la calle to my apartment and I wanted to be able to report on a short time hotel. I believe DMV told me short time was 600DOP for 2 hours. I arrive and the clerk wants to charge me 1000DOP for 2 hours so I ask him cuanto es por toda la noche? and he said 1250DOP and I know I was being gringo taxed. I talked him down to 800DOP.

What made matters worse is the room was not worth 600DOP further more 1000DOP. Dulce Secreto in Sosua is a quality room for 600DOP and this was definitely NO Ducle Secreto it was more in the line of Hotel El Rosal in La Romana for 150DOP. They provided no condoms and the towels were ratty and looked like they were about to fall apart. In short this hotel was a RIP OFF!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,015 Posts

Re: Cabana Santo Domingo- Navarro Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post

I tried the Navarro Hotel because I did not want to bring a chica de la calle to my apartment and I wanted to be able to report on a short time hotel. I believe DMV told me short time was 600DOP for 2 hours. I arrive and the clerk wants to charge me 1000DOP for 2 hours so I ask him cuanto es por toda la noche? and he said 1250DOP and I know I was being gringo taxed.Click to see pic I talked him down to 800DOP.

What made matters worse is the room was not worth 600DOP further more 1000DOP. Dulce Secreto in Sosua is a quality room for 600DOP and this was definitely NO Ducle Secreto it was more in the line of Hotel El Rosal in La Romana for 150DOP. They provided no condoms and the towels were ratty and looked like they were about to fall apart. In short this hotel was a RIP OFF!
    Photo of the room I was shown, in the last year. Seems there are new owners (former owners were Cuban, who also owned Foxys.). It is located across the street and to the left of 305. I remember seeing a sign outside with the short term room prices (I don't know if they changed that sign). I don't know if it is still called the Navarro. It is a hotel and not a cabana (cabana's provide condoms). Nearest cabana to that location will be a taxi ride away. 800 pesos is about $19US. I may have been quoted around 600-700 pesos, express rate, over 6 months ago. Colmados and Pharmacies (some pharmacies open 24/7) in that area.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I tried the Navarro Hotel because I did not want to bring a chica de la calle to my apartment and I wanted to be able to report on a short time hotel. I believe DMV told me short time was 600DOP for 2 hours. I arrive and the clerk wants to charge me 1000DOP for 2 hours so I ask him cuanto es por toda la noche? and he said 1250DOP and I know I was being gringo taxed.Click to see pic I talked him down to 800DOP.

List of some of the cabanas in Santo Domingo with photos (also listings for other areas of the DR). Some rooms have two floors with jacuzzi, stripper pole and sex chairs; http://motelesrd.com/index.php?optio...ingo&Itemid=98

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Some photos of Cabañas Allí from the internet (santo domingo este, on san isidro, near where Eagle Sports Bar used to be located). Sencilla is a basic room.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    Some photos of Cabañas Allí from the internet (santo domingo este, on san isidro, near where Eagle Sports Bar used to be located). Sencilla is a basic room.

that part of san isido looks like the vegas strip with all the neon from the different cabanas. I thought the strip headed west out of the city had a lot til i saw that road at night
    I'm a Payer not a Player

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    that part of san isido looks like the vegas strip with all the neon from the different cabanas. I thought the strip headed west out of the city had a lot til i saw that road at night
    LOL. I thought the same thing, when I drove by at night on my way to Sabana Perdida, years ago. Keep driving past the cabanas on San Isidro and there is a zona franca and an area with homes. Aki (here) next door to Alli (there).

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jao For This Useful Post:

Thread Information