Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 03/2014 - Casa Manana apartments, Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Re: 03/2014 - Casa Manana apartments, Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    Not sure on high and low season rates, but it was $30/night for the apt.
    that's a very good price for a place with a/c, a pool, and a full kitchen, even if it does look a little on the dumpy side..

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    10-15 minutes walk. Motoconcho back, girls won't walk there.
    Bullshit!! I've made that walk too many times to count, and several times with chicas. Mikelodge used to post about walking up that hill as if it was a mountain climbing expedition to the top of the Matterhorn. I always laughed at that.

Chicas seemed more intimidated of the dark road zig zagging up from PC to the highway than the couple hundred yard uphill walk toward the condo complex.

Haven't eaten the lunch special but I did have Mike's employee take care of my laundry when staying nextdoor at the Palms.

And for your guys info, even on foot, it was exactly an 8 minute walk from the Palms and or Casa Manana to Passions or the surrounding bars, shops and restaurants. If I was headed out for the night, I could walk out of the lobby door of the Palms at 8 pm and be sitting at Fred's Cuba Libre Bar ordering up a.... well.....you know.... by 8:10 pm.

To me, the only negative about that area, if you don't have your own transportation, is if it is a rainy night then you could be stuck there until the weather clears and miss out on valuable drinking and flirting time.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,733 Times in 1,193 Posts

Thanks for all picture and report, I am planning my next trip and I beleive I will stay there, he quoted me a price of $650 for 34day which beat the $1250 for 28day of the mary rose.....

If I want to go on the strip, how far is it compare to mary rose location? by walk, which one is further?
    Want to buy ISOC Subscription and pay in Bitcoins?
    2 year : Bitcoin
    1 year : Bitcoin
    Bitcoin Address: 1KnSXcmWbZPcHeWxvmBPKAq71EHCRYCGjq

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by martin0siddle View Post
    Thanks for all picture and report, I am planning my next trip and I beleive I will stay there, he quoted me a price of $650 for 34day which beat the $1250 for 28day of the mary rose.....

If I want to go on the strip, how far is it compare to mary rose location? by walk, which one is further?
    Damn!! That is a great deal....works out to just about $19 usd per night for that long of a stay. As I posted before Martin, you could walk to the east end of the strip, where Rancho Tipico is, in about 8 minutes. If you catch a moto at the bottom of the hill, you can be there in a minute. The main strip area is a 20 minute walk at a casual pace.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Damn!! That is a great deal....works out to just about $19 usd per night for that long of a stay. As I posted before Martin, you could walk to the east end of the strip, where Rancho Tipico is, in about 8 minutes. If you catch a moto at the bottom of the hill, you can be there in a minute. The main strip area is a 20 minute walk at a casual pace.
    I think 8 minute is what it took me to get to rancho tipico from mary rose. so its about the same distance from strip I guess.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They're roughly the same distance, but Mary Rose is a much safer walk (especially at night) because you don't have to cross the highway.

You may also wanna take a look at Don Q's spots at the Palms across the street. Nice place and he gives very good discounts for isoc'ers
    http://www.sosuavacationrentals.com

there's also condos dominicano which is very close to the strip and i know a few isoc'ers have stayed there both short and long-term.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Casa Manana can be a great value. Mike, the head guy, is really laid back. At times maybe too laid back. He doesn't pay a lot of attention to detail regarding small things, missing light bulbs, ceiling fan making too much noise, threadbare towels (if you are planning on staying there you might want to bring a couple of good towels). Not all of the apartments have AC so you need to check that. The apartments are large and I have never heard of any break-ins. The price is right.
    Enjoy it while you can.

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    They're roughly the same distance, but Mary Rose is a much safer walk (especially at night) because you don't have to cross the highway.

You may also wanna take a look at Don Q's spots at the Palms across the street. Nice place and he gives very good discounts for isoc'ers
    http://www.sosuavacationrentals.com

there's also condos dominicano which is very close to the strip and i know a few isoc'ers have stayed there both short and long-term.
    Based on the website link it looks like condos dominicano may not be a good choice right now especially if you need electric and internet

http://www.condosdominicano.com
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Bullshit!!

I stand by my bullshit, I try not to step in it.

The question was how much walk from the casa to the strip? 10-15 minutes. 10 for sober fast ass wiggling fuckers, and 15 - for ones with benzo in blood.

No girl or duo in high heels would walk there. Moreover given the hassles with Policia Nacional or crimes of opportunity it's not wise to walk back late at night.

I stayed at the Palms, Mary Rose and CD (even at CD I take moto when it is warranted)
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

I agree with not walking at night. I did it once from the palms. Never again for various reasons. Danger being number one from cars and thieves. In the day who wants to arrive at there destination with swamp ass!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I didnt walk at night from MR, i doubt i will walk at night from any other apt that is more then 2 minute away from strip.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

I didnt walk at night from MR, i doubt i will walk at night from any other apt that is more then 2 minute away from strip.

Then be sure to get a few motos #'s. When I stayed at Trade Winds (all in the same area at the top of the hill), at night I would have a hard time finding moto's at the bottom of the hill. I had to walk into town 2 or 3 times at night along the highway. I wasn't too crazy about that.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Then be sure to get a few motos #'s. When I stayed at Trade Winds (all in the same area at the top of the hill), at night I would have a hard time finding moto's at the bottom of the hill. I had to walk into town 2 or 3 times at night along the highway. I wasn't too crazy about that.
    I only had one moto number and i called him almost every night i wanted to exit mary rose, he was the only moto who spoke good french and he had a moto with a fucking big seat that would fit me+1 girl and there would be much more space left, and he was driving very nicely :P When I go back, i will surely call him again.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Another thing to note is that, although I liked the Palms, most of the time inside the complex I had no signal on claro. Not sure about Orange, though, and I don't know if Casa Maņana has the same issue.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Another thing to note is that, although I liked the Palms, most of the time inside the complex I had no signal on claro. Not sure about Orange, though, and I don't know if Casa Maņana has the same issue.
    I have to be standing near a window in my apartment to get a signal. Part of the price of living here.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Fortunately I had no issues with cell service there (in any place in the apt). I'm still an Orange user from way back on day one.
    Vida es buena....

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

This was a great find Irie, Thanks for sharing!

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    This was a great find Irie, Thanks for sharing!

Thanks.........I'll take credit for sharing, but Seville helped out with this one.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've had Orange for years and the cell reception has never been good inside a unit at the Palms. Spotty at best on some days. But, walking outside and down to the pool area it was never a problem. Clear as a bell.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post

With the Super Pola now open across the street, finding a moto isn't much of an issue anymore at night. There were motos parked on the corner until at least 10-11 pm every night during my recent stay.

I agree that walking down the main road isn't a great idea........day or night. I never felt a threat walking the couple of blocks on the side streets between the main road and Pedro Clisante.

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information