Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 02/2014 - Mary Rose Review

Thanks
    Thanked 11,733 Times in 1,193 Posts

02/2014 - Mary Rose Review

I stayed at the mary rose from february 1st to february 28.

I liked the condo, it was great, clean, with big flat tv and very good AC. The Oven was working great.

I had #11, it was upstairs.

The Security was very good, I never had any problem with a chica but I bet if I did the security would have helped me. On my last day I gave a bag of thing to a chica and when she left they asked me if it was ok, so, i bet no chica could've stolen something big in the room, without me allowing her to leave.

The bar was nice, the barmaid was friendly, there was a big tv there, i didnt drink much there but it was cool, with a chica when u dont have alchool its nice you can go to the bar and get some. At night the security will give the alchool.

Host.. Rick was very awesome host, He is probly the only thing that make the high price being worth, i know if I had problem he would've helped me, and he was very friendly and very helpful, very good host.

Internet.. it was very perfect, only had problem once, but it was fixed in a minute. I use internet alot so this point was very important.

Unfurtunatly, I consider the negative point to be more important then the positive for this Condo.

If rick was in canada, he would have lot of problem for doing false information, in fact, he would probly be forced to change his ''information''. He advertise the mary rose as a VERY quiet place, when he sold it to me he insisted on MR being a very quiet place. It is the only reason I went there instead of another condo, it was supose to be very quiet. Every day, every night, every morning, every evening.. all day long there is rooster RIGHT in the back of the mary rose, they are doing VERY LOUD noise EVERY DAY, ALL DAY long.. it was VERY hard for me to sleep on the first week due to all those annoying rooster sound... of course when i was drunk i was able to sleep perfectly, but, when i was with a chica, after fucking, it was hard to fall asleep.. ( on first week, then i got used to it )

There is also very loud motoconcho that pass by, of course, not as much as if you were in downtown, but there is , and of course, any time of the day / night... I though I would not hear moto because it was supose to be a quiet place.... I got used to that after 1 week.

Water.... I had no hot water at first, i did not tell rick, i wrote on my thread, he saw it and fixed it next day... Then a few days later i had again hot water issue... the i passed 1 night without water at all.. then 3 more days without hot water... then little later on my trip another night without hot water... and so on.. The hot water is very hot yes, but, it is NOT consistant.. some time you are taking shower, after 3-4 minute you have soap everywhere, boom, the hot water stop and you need to finish your shower with cold water.. this has actually happend to me one day on 3. Pump problem, gas problem, calcium problem, all kind of problem, but, it never actually changed nothing i always had the same hot water that stop after few minutes if you dont take shower too fast.. of course the hot water would come back few minute later... The pressure was low... I never went to other condo so I cannot compare, however I rent a room in 2 different hotel for night with a chica that had lost her ID, Dulce secreto, and another hotel that i paid 600 pesos for the night.. BOTH of them had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better pressure and the water was maybe not as much hot but it was consistant, even on a 15 minute shower, and it was very good pressure. For a 1250$ price for 28 days ( 45$/day ) I would expect to have good water, and to not have to keep taking cold shower. Another problem were sometime the hot water would come only after 10 minute... When you are with a chica, ready to fuck her, it is now that u need your hot water not in 10 minute... I washed my cock with cold water many time during my trip, i even had to wash my cock with pool water because there was no water at all one night..

The price... I consider it to be very high for what I was getting... 1250$ for 28 days... that is 45$ a day... As a tourist, i got a tourist price I understand. But its very high price.

The bar... I do not tell my real name to chica, and 1 night when I arrived people at the bar yelled HEY MARTIN... I was like fuck... then i had to tell jessica my real name... at least she was with me since a few days so it was better then a random chica... but still.. I like when its little quieter ... when I arrive at 11pm with a chica i would not expect people to be drinking at the bar, being drunk, and yelling my name with a greeting.. I understand its friendly place, but thats something I did not like, maybe someone else would have loved that.

Steak... One night I woke up and rick was cooking steak... I though I would try one... The steak were 1000 pesos...... I still tried it, it was very good... but 1000 pesos... wow.. I went to eat at the bologna I took their more expensive filet minion with a drink and desert and it cost me 800 pesos... Lot of people say rick is over pricing, but, here was the perfect exemple. a filet minion from bologna or baileys with drink+potato+salade+bread+desert is 800 , but rick sell you a steak for 1000 pesos with salade+bread

Overall experience... I liked the MR if i do not think about water, noise and price. I would not go there again because of the price, rick quoted me 700$ for room without AC, but, for all the rooster and noise and water issue i still consider 700$ to be high price, and of course no ac..

To fix the noise Issue I could've used ear plug.. but, i was paying for a quiet condo not a condo that I would have needed ear plug, otherwise id have rented downtown with my ear plug and then it would have been the same.

Recommendation... I would recommend anyone to think twice about going mary rose just because it is quiet as I did, you will be very disappointed. Rick make the MR being very nice, he is great support, he is helping with anything you need, and get thing repair fast(except water), If the Noise, Water and money is not a problem for you I would definetly recommend the mary rose as it is a very great place, friendly(if you like friendly), and the pool is nice.

I'd like to ''fix'' my review

I am currently at the mary rose again, for a second trip.

-The water is fixed, it is VERY good now. I actually think the water pressure is better then what I have back home in quebec.
    -The water is very hot if i want it too, for all lengh of my shower, even if I fuck for 15minute ( I don't do it often because it would be expensive for rick! )

-Security is great; as usual, i must confirm before chica leave , that way i wont get rob.
    -Anoying rooster is less annoying
    -I somehow hear less motoconcho i think it is because i am on the room with a building in front of it.

-The room I am in now, is VERY well furnished. I have much more furniture then last time ( i had 2 cooking pan now i got 5 or 6; i got a table to eat inside; i got a tooster; the coffee thing is working very good; i got pretty much anything i could need )

The internet is BETTER then last time, i have a internet hub directly in my window i think it is truely 100% signal strenght on my laptop; never had that before!

I am very happy!

I beleive the mary rose is very good place and with water issue fixed(so far; 3 night) I totally would recommend it to any first timer!

Last edited by Jimmydr; 03-28-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    Want to buy ISOC Subscription and pay in Bitcoins?
    2 year : Bitcoin
    1 year : Bitcoin
    Bitcoin Address: 1KnSXcmWbZPcHeWxvmBPKAq71EHCRYCGjq

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Re: 02/2014 - Mary Rose Review

wow, interesting information Martin...

$1,250 for the month...CONO!

honestly, you can find a place for 3-4 months with that budget, with the same quality, just depends on each individuals personal tastes and choices

I have some resources if your interested in the future

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

For 4 weeks I think that is a pretty good rate. (one bedroom apartment right?) On the website the high season rates are $275/ week for stays of 4 weeks or more. While daily rates are $65/night. Don't forget the $35/week cleaning charge.

From the pics it looks like the couch has seen better days though.

Was electricity included?

I understand the complaint about the hot water. That would be a bummer. Rick did explain that, unfortunately it was not something that could be fixed quickly.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

When I was there I had challenges with the noise of the dogs not just barking early in the morning but on one occasion one of them ran towards me barking I simply stood still and luckily security grabbed him before he got to me...it was a little unnerving to say the least.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    For 4 weeks I think that is a pretty good rate. (one bedroom apartment right?) On the website the high season rates are $275/ week for stays of 4 weeks or more. While daily rates are $65/night. Don't forget the $35/week cleaning charge.

Was electricity included?

I understand the complaint about the hot water. That would be a bummer. Rick did explain that, unfortunately it was not something that could be fixed quickly.
    I will not argue with you, or with anyone else.

I made my review, based on my honest experience, i got nothing else to say.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin0siddle View Post

that's cool, I am not trying to change your opinion. Just giving mine.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    that's cool, I am not trying to change your opinion. Just giving mine.
    I'm sorry but I missed your opinion on your post, you only seemd to defend MR without any opinion about it.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Martin is just a little salty after the lambasting he took on the other thread...just a little salty...

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Martin is just a little salty after the lambasting he took on the other thread...just a little salty...
    It could be that, or he could be going through PWS (Pussy Withdrawal Syndrome).

It's tough to go from spending a month chilling on the beach and getting sweet punani any time you want it to being stuck in an arctic sex prison.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post

It's tough to go from spending a month chilling on the beach and getting sweet punani any time you want it to being stuck in an arctic sex prison.

I don't think there is anything worse than that.
    I've offended you.....goood

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Those two thing added to

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Make me not wanting to argue over and over, if someone has opinion about MR hes welcome, but dont just defend the condo without any opinion, this is my review thread if you stayed at the mary rose and want review it and defend it go ahead with your own thread...

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

can a moderator move this to sosua hotel review i made mistake and posted on wrong section lol

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Most brutally Honest Review I have ever read here I think.. Have never stayed there, IMO you got a pretty good price though at $45..
    For under a week stay , I was quoted $75 a night, and looked for less expensive options..
    If you truly desire total peace and quiet, you need a hotel/ Condo thats on a dead end street, or on top of a hill outside of the center of town, so not as to schill for another Hotel or Condo, but that narrows the list of options.
    Or a VILLA with a friend or 2 ? totally different ball game.

Then you also have to consider, do you have a Car or are you comfortable on a Moto every time you go out the gate , if not, that limits it even more.
    But you LIKED the security at MR, thats very important esp for a newbi..

Its a give and take Martin, its sometimes hard to have it all in one place.

Make a list of what you MUST have for your next trip, and people will steer you in the right direction.
    A lot of Canadians seem to use the AI Casa Marina , you guys seem to get great package deals for CM where its the same price for an Airline ticket or the Casa marina WITH the ticket, and then they do their mongering at the Cabanas or a room at Rockys , So they never worry about chica proofing their Room & all meals and everything is completely taken care of.
    But you like to cook, or have chica to cook, so again not a match for you. Only Condos really offer you that.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Try Hotel Colibre, They have apartments and are just a little more expensive, but quiet and secure. But if you really want peace and quiet talk to Ohmm about Kite Beach Inn.

As I was reading your review, I was thinking that Kite Beach might fit your needs. I take 25 minute showers and never once did I have that problem.

And the atmosphere is serene with excellent wifi.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Try Hotel Colibre, They have apartments and are just a little more expensive, but quiet and secure. But if you really want peace and quiet talk to Ohmm about Kite Beach Inn.

As I was reading your review, I was thinking that Kite Beach might fit your needs. I take 25 minute showers and never once did I have that problem.

And the atmosphere is serene with excellent wifi.
    I'm never gonna rent anything near 1250$ again when i talked with so many people that have apt under $700 a month that are very nice and quiet, or even if not quiet, i dont care, my problem with the quiet thing is that I paid $1250 BECAUSE i though it was quiet place, rick promote it as quiet... when in fact it is NOT quiet... it is totally false promotion.

If I go somewhere i pay $1250 because its quiet and I would have needed ear plug, then i will go somewhere else with same quality, in downtown close to everything and ill just use the same earplug ... the only reason i went there was because of quiet and it was not quiet... on top of that, i could not take a hot shower with a chica for more then 5-6 minute... if a chica take shower before me then it take long time for hot water... thats not acceptable on a $1250 place... when i went to a 12$/night place where I had better water, or when i go to 20$/night with fucking better water...

Thanks

I'm never gonna rent anything near 1250$ again when i talked with so many people that have apt under $700 a month that are very nice and quiet, or even if not quiet, i dont care, my problem with the quiet thing is that I paid $1250 BECAUSE i though it was quiet place, rick promote it as quiet... when in fact it is NOT quiet... it is totally false promotion.

If I go somewhere i pay $1250 because its quiet and I would have needed ear plug, then i will go somewhere else with same quality, in downtown close to everything and ill just use the same earplug ... the only reason i went there was because of quiet and it was not quiet... on top of that, i could not take a hot shower with a chica for more then 5-6 minute... if a chica take shower before me then it take long time for hot water... thats not acceptable on a $1250 place... when i went to a 12$/night place where I had better water, or when i go to 20$/night with fucking better water...

$1250 is realllly high for a months stay. there are apartments in infiniti blu that rent for less than that.

another option is to take a look on homeaway.com and airbnb, lots of good spots listed there.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

$1250 is realllly high for a months stay. there are apartments in infiniti blu that rent for less than that.

another option is to take a look on homeaway.com and airbnb, lots of good spots listed there.
    Considering he never was there and had no clue, he did pretty well.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Considering he never was there and had no clue, he did pretty well.
    I'm not saying that he didn't! why are you always trying to start trouble, Jimmy?

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Next time I will go to either Casa Mamana or Condos Dominicano. less then half the price and same quality from what i heard.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Next time I will go to either Casa Mamana or Condos Dominicano. less then half the price and same quality from what i heard.
    Martin

Based on the website link it looks like condos dominicano may not be a good choice right now especially if you need electric and internet

http://www.condosdominicano.com
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information