Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 02/2014 - Mary Rose Review

Thanks
    Thanked 11,733 Times in 1,193 Posts

Re: 02/2014 - Mary Rose Review

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    I think you've would have been better of staying at Europa Hotel. Diego would have offer a better deat and constant hot water.
    thanks but this thread is for mary rose review, not to talk about other hotel please...
    Want to buy ISOC Subscription and pay in Bitcoins?
    2 year : Bitcoin
    1 year : Bitcoin
    Bitcoin Address: 1KnSXcmWbZPcHeWxvmBPKAq71EHCRYCGjq

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 634 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin0siddle View Post
    So your saying me, for the past 3 month, I am the only one that dont like hearing rooster in back yard 24/7 ??

I don't really care anyway, I left the MR and I will not go back there due to the high price & water problem.. I was used to the rooster after a week anyway so its not much problem.
    Martin, all those things have been repaired like I have been saying this whole thread. Water pressure will now peal your skin off it that is what you want. Like I said, had you told me about your issues, they would have been fixed or been continued to be worked on if the last thing we tried to fix the problem didn't work. You need to work on your in person communication skills my friend. Posting your issues AFTER you have left without even once discussing the rooster problem especially and that you were still experiencing water problems specifically is unfair. While you were here, we were full. You apparently were the only one having issues with the hot water and not once did anyone complain about the rooster which is now gone, thanks to your review today.

Yes, others have complained about the roosters, especially when we had 30 of them back there. That is when we found out about the DR law that bars them from being closer than 300 meters where tourists stay. I guess after years of living here, I am just used to all the things that bother tourists, especially the first time tourist like you. Of course there are cheaper places to stay. That is your choice but be prepared for other surprises you don't even know exist yet in your very limited exposure to the DR.

Take care,

Rick

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dafishguy View Post
    Martin, all those things have been repaired like I have been saying this whole thread. Water pressure will now peal your skin off it that is what you want. Like I said, had you told me about your issues, they would have been fixed or been continued to be worked on if the last thing we tried to fix the problem didn't work. You need to work on your in person communication skills my friend. Posting your issues AFTER you have left without even once discussing the rooster problem especially and that you were still experiencing water problems specifically is unfair. While you were here, we were full. You apparently were the only one having issues with the hot water and not once did anyone complain about the rooster which is now gone, thanks to your review today.

Yes, others have complained about the roosters, especially when we had 30 of them back there. That is when we found out about the DR law that bars them from being closer than 300 meters where tourists stay. I guess after years of living here, I am just used to all the things that bother tourists, especially the first time tourist like you. Of course there are cheaper places to stay. That is your choice but be prepared for other surprises you don't even know exist yet in your very limited exposure to the DR.

Take care,

Rick
    There is water problem since at least 2 month at the mary rose, my friend who was there 1 month before me had the same water problem of water stopping to be hot after some time... then coming back again... then going again..

I told you many time about water problem... you never actually changed nothing . maybe you should go try take your shower at #11 , with a chica, a long shower.. of more then 5 minute.. you will see.

You changed pump, it didnt fix, pump broken u changd again.. didnt fix.. you changed shower head.. didnt fix.. you changed something else.. didnt fix... never fixed the problem.. and my friend, 2 month ago, maybe even 3 month ago, still had the problem of water going cold after 5-10 minute.. maybe its too mcuh to expect from dr.. you right.

Oh wait, that 15$ shitty hotel had good hot water for very long time, i had time to fuck jessica and cum 2 time and the water was still hot and never reduced, same at dulce secreto... how come those 2 shit place have better water then you... For the high quality mary rose should be compare to those place, i dont understand.

I am prepared for surprise on my next trip, but to be honest, for less then half the price, and with hot water constant, with security at night, with locked gate,with bigger room then MR, with WIFI, (that describe at least 3 different place i am not sure yet which one ill choose), I can take some surprise.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 634 Posts

Best of luck my friend and I am sorry we disappointed you.

Rick

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    really? I heard they havn't upgraded the rooms there since the mid-80's...

Visited friends who stayed there last October while I was staying at New Garden. And I can attest to you the rooms look nice and my friends enthusiastically gave Europa a thumbs up. Quiet in the back area with NON STOP HOT WATER. My friends stayed for 8 nights, normally its $45 a night but Diego bought it down to $30 a night.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 688 Posts

Martin, I know you've built alot of goodwill here with your report and all, but you sound like a dick right now. You let a little 18 year old chick walk over you, withheld your report when others were "brutally honest" with you here, stayed mum on the problems you had at your hotel and now back in your fortress of solitude in the arctic behind a keyboard you wanna man up? C'mon brah. Rick would have definitely helped you if you had made your issues known at the time and maybe he's showing some restraint here. Being honest is cool but you gotta be a lil tactful broseph.
    Pac-man aka Panocha Villa

Thanks
    Thanked 113,289 Times in 14,581 Posts

Oh wait, that 15$ shitty hotel had good hot water for very long time,
    What is the name of this hotel?
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,531 Times in 10,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pac-Man View Post
    Martin, I know you've built alot of goodwill here with your report and all, but you sound like a dick right now. You let a little 18 year old chick walk over you, withheld your report when others were "brutally honest" with you here, stayed mum on the problems you had at your hotel and now back in your fortress of solitude in the arctic behind a keyboard you wanna man up? C'mon brah. Rick would have definitely helped you if you had made your issues known at the time and maybe he's showing some restraint here. Being honest is cool but you gotta be a lil tactful broseph.

1. 2. 3.
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As I said the rooster was not much a problem i got used to it after 1 week i would not even have talked about it again on this thread but someone came back with it, and then over and over, when in fact, i got over that problem after 6-7 days... the problem was the water, and I did tell rick, many time about it and the water problem is there at MR since a very long time because a guy I was with at the beach every day for almost 2 week was at MR for few weeks 1 month before me and he had the same issue with water. He actually had same room as me.

I withheld my report for other reason then people being brutally honest, and the 18 yo chick didnt walk over me lol

I'm writing a review about MR, behind my keyboard yes, you are right, I am sorry but my trip has ended, and I am back in the cold, and, maybe I am feeling like a dick, but, I'm piss off to have paid $1250 for 28 days when people i met in DR are paying for same service only 500 to 700$ , even better service, when I had problem with the water many time... and rick knew it... Pump blew up and I was 4 days without hot water... then I passed 1 night without water at all, on my last 2 days It took 15 minute to have hot water, at least 2 other time I had hot water issue and I told the security guard/rick...one time it ran out of gas... if you add up all those, i passed more then 25% of my trip without hot water(and i dont add up the first 2 days i was there without hot water that I didnt tell rick because I though i would never get hot water, as it was my fault because i didnt tell him)... and you tell me I am being a dick for talking shit about it?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    What is the name of this hotel?
    Never knew, but it was very shit hotel i went there because dulce secreto was full.. i paid 600 pesos for the night

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Never knew, but it was very shit hotel i went there because dulce secreto was full.. i paid 600 pesos for the night
    probably calypso.

that place is a dump.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    probably calypso.

that place is a dump.
    dump yes, but they had very consistant water for very long time :P

--

Let's stop talk about it now... I said my point, everyone said their point, i think we made the turn of everyone points..

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Re: 02/2014 - Mary Rose Review - A few "take-aways" from my perspective

Points I hope you will consider...

1. It seems that Martin enjoyed his stay overall...despite some relatively minor perceived issues (From a new to travelling or to the DR perspective) and that Rick did his usual best to fix the things he was made aware of...but he's not psychic
    2. The price is the price is the price. Often negotiable and always your choice to pay or go elsewhere, but less so to complain so much about it after you made an informed decision. (You DID do your research, right?) You may not get what you pay (Although IMO you did) for but you definitely won't get what you do not pay for!
    3. Communication is key! (You must ask the proper questions...and ensure you understand the answers)
    4. Getting things repaired in the DR is not (usually) fast or easy (like the plumbing)
    5. Different people have different expectations (Some more realistic than others) and almost all expectations were met by Rick and the Mary Rose!
    6. You can't please everyone. LOL (Working in a customer service business can be a mutherfuker and more-so in tourism and in the DR!)
    7. No one is perfect...and no hotel or condo is likely to be perfect either (But about 7 out of 10 expectations were met and all could have been with better communication IMO)
    8. There is almost ALWAYS noise in the DR! (And some people like Roosters??? )
    9. If you can get most of the things that are important to you then perhaps you should be happy...
    10. Putting a place/person/business on BLAST when you are actually mostly happy is not cool

• Especially when it about things:
    • A. Beyond the norm or their control (like motoconcho noise or wildlife )
    • B. You don't mention or communicate (Like the Rooster issue that was easily solved)
    • C. That are simply unrealistic or unforeseeable like new imported pumps breaking, the neighbour still having a rooster after previously being legally forced in the past to remove them, or a customer expecting 1st world services in a 3rd world country to work 100% of the time...

It's a shame to read the negative posts when the OP stated he was mostly happy. Especially since the issues raised were either fixed as fast as possible or management was not made aware of them or given a chance to fix them.

Reputations and businesses can easily (and unintentionally) be damaged by poorly thought out threads, posts and comments. I'm sure it was not the OP's intention to do damage and I trust most people reading this thread can see what really happened but...It's not a business's fault if a customer has unrealistic expectations and also does not report issues or ask for assistance.

Last edited by Apos; 03-04-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Points I hope you will consider...

1. It seems that Martin enjoyed his stay overall...despite some relatively minor perceived issues (From a new to travelling or to the DR perspective) and that Rick did his usual best to fix the things he was made aware of...but he's not psychic
    2. The price is the price is the price. Often negotiable and always your choice to pay or go elsewhere, but less so to complain so much about it after you made an informed decision. (You DID do your research, right?) You may not get what you pay (Although IMO you did) for but you definitely won't get what you do not pay for!
    3. Communication is key! (You must ask the proper questions...and ensure you understand the answers)
    4. Getting things repaired in the DR is not (usually) fast or easy (like the plumbing)
    5. Different people have different expectations (Some more realistic than others) and almost all expectations were met by Rick and the Mary Rose!
    6. You can't please everyone. LOL (Working in a customer service business can be a mutherfuker and more-so in tourism and in the DR!)
    7. No one is perfect...and no hotel or condo is likely to be perfect either (But about 7 out of 10 expectations were met and all could have been with better communication IMO)
    8. There is almost ALWAYS noise in the DR! (And some people like Roosters??? )
    9. If you can get most of the things that are important to you then perhaps you should be happy...
    10. Putting a place/person/business on BLAST when you are actually mostly happy is not cool

• Especially when it about things:
    • A. Beyond the norm or their control (like motoconcho noise or wildlife )
    • B. You don't mention or communicate (Like the Rooster issue that was easily solved)
    • C. That are simply unrealistic or unforeseeable like new imported pumps breaking, the neighbour still having a rooster after previously being legally forced in the past to remove them, or a customer expecting 1st world services in a 3rd world country to work 100% of the time...

It's a shame to read all of the negative posts when the OP stated he was mostly happy. Especially since the issues raised were either fixed as fast as possible or management was not made aware of them or given a chance to fix them.

Reputations and businesses can easily (and unintentionally) be damaged by poorly thought out threads, posts and comments. I'm sure it was not the OP's intention to do damage and I trust most people reading this thread can see what really happened but...It's not a business's fault if a customer has unrealistic expectations and also does not report issues or ask for assistance.

Lets stop talking on this thread with this message that I 90% agree with.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

I cosign this right here, there's a way, and method to properly articulate, and express yourself, and in responding to others, and then there's just being a raging dickhead, this is a prime example of the latter.

29. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

I stayed at the mary rose from february 1st to february 28.

Overall experience... I liked the MR if i do not think about water, noise and price. I would not go there again because of the price, rick quoted me 700$ for room without AC, but, for all the rooster and noise and water issue i still consider 700$ to be high price, and of course no ac..

To fix the noise Issue I could've used ear plug.. but, i was paying for a quiet condo not a condo that I would have needed ear plug, otherwise id have rented downtown with my ear plug and then it would have been the same.
    You could have stopped right here.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: 02/2014 - Mary Rose Review - A few "take-aways" from my perspective

I'm glad you agree Martin. You're a smart and reasonable guy capable of admitting when he's wrong and learning from his mistakes.

I hope with that in mind you'll REconsider, REwrite or even REmove some of what you have written. I'm sure we got your point pretty quickly so no need for so much emphasis and repetition. All things considered and since you really did enjoy your stay, and had the reliable internet that seemed most important to you when you were looking for a place to stay, a more positive spin might be called for.

No need to risk damaging a man's reputation and business over a chicken and some unusual expectations, and perhaps because you were a little shy about communicating some minor issues that were easily fixed (or at least as quickly as possible.)

Lets stop talking on this thread with this message that I 90% agree with.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

I'm glad you agree Martin. You're a smart and reasonable guy capable of admitting when he's wrong and learning from his mistakes.

I hope with that in mind you'll REconsider, REwrite or even REmove some of what you have written. I'm sure we got your point pretty quickly so no need for so much emphasis and repetition. All things considered and since you really did enjoy your stay, and had the reliable internet that seemed most important to you when you were looking for a place to stay, a more positive spin might be called for.

No need to risk damaging a man's reputation and business over a chicken and some unusual expectations, and perhaps because you were a little shy about communicating some minor issues that were easily fixed (or at least as quickly as possible.)
    He's entitled to post his opinion on this board just like everyone else whether you like it or not. Martin stated his issues and Rick responded to those issues. That's the way it works. Perhaps you should REconsider, REwrite, or REmove the above post.
    Enjoy it while you can.

35. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm sorry but I will not re-write my review, I said I agreed with you so people stop arguing.

But I think i will have to continue,

The only thing that I could remove is the rooster problem, as its true I didnt tell him.

But I passed over 25% of my trip without hot water, and, rick knew every time about problem... for a 1250$ / 28 days condo, i find it not normal to pass 25% of this time without water.

Ok, there was problem out of his hand, but, did I get comphensation because I didnt have hot water for 25% of my trip? As someone suggested... no... did I get offered anything, even a free breakfast would have made me forget that problem... and about the water alwasy stoping after 5-10minute of a shower, did he fix? he never did

You know what, I got 2 different PM from guy that say they had same problem with water but they dont want to talk here because they dont like starting fight, but you know what, me, i dont have problem with that, HIDDEN BEHIND MY COMPUTER, I DONT CARE. I passed 25% of my trip without hot water, I couldnt take any long shower... I dont care if you guys think I am a dick for saying that... but its a fact, and, thats how it was at the mary rose, not only for me, but for a few other guys that prefer not talk about it because they dont want start fight with a sponsor from this forum.

I liked my stay except the water at the mary rose, if no one talked in my review ethread it would have been long forgotten, but now, everyone wanna argu with me, i dont have problem with that, i passed 1 month in the hot DR temperature, now i am freezing my ass in quebec, i am piss off, i have no problem arguing with anyone. yes behind my computer, because, in dr, i got other thing to do then arguing over and over with someone..

Arguing, what about in dr? I had water problem, i had it... rick knew, what could i done more?

I read lot of my journal yesterday, and i calculated that 25% of my trip was without hot water, its what made me decide to post this negative, because, after considering 25% of my trip was without hot water, and one day without water at all, on a 1250$/28days condo, it really pissed me off.

Am I a dick? If you think so, I will still sleep good about it.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

There is a sort of strange poetry to having such problems with a rooster in a place where he broke his cock.

39. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information