Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 03/2014 - Let my guard down....chica alert

Thanks

Re: Let my guard down....chica alert

I am totally surprised more thefts do not occur out on the strip. When busy I generally walk around D Latin Drink with my hands in my pockets when in possession of a wand of cash and my android phone. Being robbed for me would be hugely embarrassing but I know happens often.

A friend of mine got relieved of his wallet when he accepted a dance from 2 chicas in DLD. He got warned against it, he ignored our advice then went on to pay a heavy price. We had a good laugh at his expense but it did not stop him from acting stupid on the rest of the trip.

If I get robbed by a chica as far as I am concerned it is my fault.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wreckless For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Bringing your wallet with you out to the strip is just stupid imho as there is no need for it.
    Credit cards don't work most places plus I wouldn't want my credit card number out there in the DR except for few trusted individuals.

I am guilty of bringing my smartphone with me as it takes better pictures and unfortunately I have to know whats going on in the USA when i travel and cant just leave it off. But losing it would be a major hassle.

However, I do use shorts with zippered pockets.
    Not that they can't get into them as some are very good at their craft, but at least it makes it a little harder to access.

Plus as has been stated numerous times there is also no need to have to much dinero with you on the strip.
    It does not impress the chicas, it only makes you a mark.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    Unless you have some overriding and compelling reason to carry a phone like that while here doing so is foolish in my opinion. The compelling reasons do not include being able to access Whats App so you can chat with 20 chicas all day. Can't you just call these chicas and actually talk to them? Buy a 1000 peso phone and put 1500 pesos credit on it. You are on vacation. The first thing guys on vacation should not be asking everywhere they go is; "Do they have wi-fi"?

You pay a lot of money to come here on vacation and you spend a third of your time with your face buried in a smart phone. We were having a topless chica pool party a while back and before going one guy actually asked me if there would be wi-fi available. And another asked if there would be a big screen TV showing a football game.

Many of you guys need to get your priorities straight. Just my humble opinion, mainly because I like topless chicas in front of me more than I like the internet or football.
    Short answer. Some of us are "over employed" and cannot cut ourselves off from our jobs/business interests, even while on vacation. I'm a prime example of this. Therefore, a hotel or vacation rental without adequate wifi simply isn't an option for me.

Having said this, I always carry my travel laptop/tablet for these purposes. And it never leaves the villa. My S4 goes into the safe until I'm on my way to the airport. I use my cheap blackberry, which no one wants to make phone calls.

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Short answer. Some of us are "over employed" and cannot cut ourselves off from our jobs/business interests, even while on vacation. I'm a prime example of this. Therefore, a hotel or vacation rental without adequate wifi simply isn't an option for me.

Having said this, I always carry my travel laptop/tablet for these purposes. And it never leaves the villa. My S4 goes into the safe until I'm on my way to the airport. I use my cheap blackberry, which no one wants to make phone calls.
    I do exactly the same as you except I use an old flip phone for holidays and have an I phone 5
    also I am under employed and over paid
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    I do exactly the same as you except I use an old flip phone for holidays and have an I phone 5
    also I am under employed and over paid

That's my goal!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    That's my goal!!!!!!
    We all strive for that goal!
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    No disrespect to any of you Senior guys, Mr Happy, Tarzan ... et al..

and you know I respect you dudes.
    but, the guy came here and is warning us about a potential THIEF and Problem Chica...

EVEN if he is wrong about how it went down... and even if he was more drunk than we already discussed..
    We still need to appreciate his warning... rather than looking for ways to poke holes in the story...
    No ?
    and Apologizing to her ? please tell me you not serious Questner. Even if it was not her, that is not a good move.
    Best to pretend it never happened, and dont confront her when seeing her.. but never apologize to a Puta..

And I'm just as guilty as anyone for playing devils advocate..

Just thinking out loud..
    On this one, I just have got a different mindset. Treat whores like ladies and ladies like whores.

I know girls at D'Latin and Bar Central who steal. That's why they are there, they are working but not on your dick but your pockets.

In Sosua I have already asked several tough guys on occasion about how exactly they are going to protect themselves against serious threat and have not received any clear answer. Now, if anyone thinks he can violently disrespect anyone and walk away unharmed in every instance, I wish this person good luck.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    On this one, I just have got a different mindset. Treat whores like ladies and ladies like whores.

I know girls at D'Latin and Bar Central who steal. That's why they are there, they are working but not on your dick but your pockets.

In Sosua I have already asked several tough guys on occasion about how exactly they are going to protect themselves against serious threat and have not received any clear answer. Now, if anyone thinks he can violently disrespect anyone and walk away unharmed in every instance, I wish this person good luck.
    Where exactly did I or anyone encourage such a behavior ? A more opposite could not even be more true.. We all agreed he almost got himself into a jail cell wresting with her for her Cartera, but he was drunk , it happened, its over.. hes back home ...
    On his return Trip though , WHY in the world would he seek her out to apologize to her ? or apologize IF he runs into her..
    Its BEST to just pretend it never happened, dont even bring it up...
    If you mean buying her a BEER ?? and pretending everything is OK,, Then maybe a yes.. but apologizing for his actions, REMINDING her of it, like he is worried she gonna do some shit about it...... = BAD move.. really, really bad move. has nothing to do with treating them like Ladies... It conveys weakness, pure and simple, especially if she is guilty of being the thief..

thats just my opinions.. but you can do as you please...
    Sorry if my words were unclear...

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

Can someone please explain what PREY is and how it works?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    Can someone please explain what PREY is and how it works?
    from the prey faq:

What is Prey?
    Prey is an anti-theft tracking software for your laptop, phone and tablet that lets you remotely locate, lock, wipe and recover it if ever stolen, or simply missing. You do this by logging into an web platform where you can also trigger actions like sounding an alarm or show an onscreen message to let the thief know you’re after him.

How does it work?

Basically you install a tiny agent on your laptop, tablet or phone, which silently waits for a remote signal to wake up and work its magic. This signal is sent from our hosted web service whenever you wish to gather information or trigger an action, like locking down the device. That’s pretty much it.
    http://preyproject.com/faq

the faq doesn't really tell you half of what prey can do. apart from lock and erase, you can track/locate the device via the device gps or by the wifi network it's connected to, you can take screenshots of the desktop or through the device camera, etc etc. pretty damn nifty for free software.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 668 Posts

I've had two items stolen with prey installed.. The first was a mac laptop the second was a Samsung Galaxy phone. I had no luck using prey in either case - The laptop was stolen from my car (I left the car unlocked and a garage open all night) the police recovered my laptop in less than 24 hours after being reported. They picked up the guy for driving on an expired plate and he had an outstanding warrant. The hard drive on the mac had been wiped but he had left the name-tag I stuck on my back-back from the last time I had traveled... So too stupid to remove a name tag attached with a rubber band but smart enough to do a quick wipe on the hard drive to defeat tracking software.

The phone was more recent - stolen in Brazil. We were in the Preta Bola bloco (2 million people marching in the street) and tried to get closer to the band as they were going down the street.. The throng of people that suddenly came in was crazy. I put my arm up at one point and there were so many people cramming in I had a five minute window where I literately could not put it down. During that time we were separated - no more than a few minutes - she had her pockets emptied of all contents. She could feel it happening but could do nothing about it. I tried texting the "ET PHONE HOME" (her prey activation code) but got no response.. I waited a couple of days but never could get anything so finally I just called T-mobile and reported it stolen - T-Mobile said there were no calls made on the SIM..

I like prey and still have it installed on all my portable devices.. I wish it (something similar) was in the hardware so that it could not be so easily wiped away by a thief with a little knowledge.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Talis View Post
    I've had two items stolen with prey installed.. The first was a mac laptop the second was a Samsung Galaxy phone. I had no luck using prey in either case - The laptop was stolen from my car (I left the car unlocked and a garage open all night) the police recovered my laptop in less than 24 hours after being reported. They picked up the guy for driving on an expired plate and he had an outstanding warrant. The hard drive on the mac had been wiped but he had left the name-tag I stuck on my back-back from the last time I had traveled... So too stupid to remove a name tag attached with a rubber band but smart enough to do a quick wipe on the hard drive to defeat tracking software.

The phone was more recent - stolen in Brazil. We were in the Preta Bola bloco (2 million people marching in the street) and tried to get closer to the band as they were going down the street.. The throng of people that suddenly came in was crazy. I put my arm up at one point and there were so many people cramming in I had a five minute window where I literately could not put it down. During that time we were separated - no more than a few minutes - she had her pockets emptied of all contents. She could feel it happening but could do nothing about it. I tried texting the "ET PHONE HOME" (her prey activation code) but got no response.. I waited a couple of days but never could get anything so finally I just called T-mobile and reported it stolen - T-Mobile said there were no calls made on the SIM..

I like prey and still have it installed on all my portable devices.. I wish it (something similar) was in the hardware so that it could not be so easily wiped away by a thief with a little knowledge.
    How could they get into the hardware to wipe it if it's locked? That would seem to defeat the purpose of the software.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talis View Post

there are ways to make wiping the drive more difficult (password-protecting BIOS, etc) but there really isn't any way to protect against a thief who really knows what they're doing.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    How could they get into the hardware to wipe it if it's locked? That would seem to defeat the purpose of the software.
    with a laptop you can wipe a drive with an install disk, in which case the thief never has to boot the device into the os. the software can't run until the os boots.
    or they can take the drive out of the laptop entirely and access it from another machine as a non-boot drive.

in windows you can password protect the bios in which case a thief couldn't boot to an install disk, with a mac you can set a firmware password.
    no doubt there are ways around those things too, but it would take a savvy thief.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

with cell phones it's very easy to wipe them clean......
    and pretty easy to unlock a lot of cellies if you willing to pay the price........
    this pertains to cellies that use a sim card on a GSM network and not a CDMA network which usually doesn't have a sim card......
    Samsung, Nokia, iPhones and some off brands are the most expensive to unlock....
    Apple is trying to boost new iPhone sales and literally killed unlocking their phones last fall......
    use to be able to get the Apple codes for around $1-$2 and now if you can get them their $100.......
    most unlock codes run $1 - $10........you can Google how to input the codes on most any cellie..
    if you see or hear someone say BAD ESN(serial number) on a cellie.......means the previous owner owed the carrier money or their stolen
    which means they can't be used on that carrier........but if you unlock them you can use them on another carrier.....

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

another way to track/find a stolen phone is via the IMEI. Every IMEI (or ESN in the case of Verizon, etc) is unique to that phone and cannot be changed. Doesn't matter if they wipe the phone, switch the SIM, they can't change the IMEI and any time the phone is used, the IMEI is broadcast to the service provider. If you call your provider immediately, they can have the IMEI blocked, they (and the police) can also trace a phone via the IMEI.

type in "*#06#" (minus quotes) to display your IMEI.

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    When booting press Command-R which boots into recovery mode.. No password needed. Click disk utilities and erase the hard drive... reinstall a new OS at a later date.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    there are ways to make wiping the drive more difficult (password-protecting BIOS, etc) but there really isn't any way to protect against a thief who really knows what they're doing.
    True.. but if they put into the hardware they might make it so you can't bypass it without ruining the machine or spending more time/resources to make it functional than the machine is worth making it pointless to steal.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Firedude.......wi have a place for Chicas like that on this board......called the "Hall of Shame"
    so do a blip and add those two photos of her so the guys know enuff to stay away from her......

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 224 Posts

I have had a few phones and money stolen.

One time, I was on the beach getting a bj, pants around the ankle, she reach into my pocket, grabbed my phone and took off running.

Another time, I thought I was smart and put my phone in my glove compartment in my car. Got a bj, finished in her mouth, she open the door and spit it out, then open the glove compartment to look for toliet paper, saw my phone, grabbed it and took off running

One night, I had a girl spend the night, woke up in the morning and my money was gone. She also stole a washcloth, which the hotel made me pay for.

Now, I never go out with a watch or a phone and only take a small amount of money out.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information