Thread: Camaro's Monti Cristi Synopsis

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Camaro's Monti Cristi Synopsis

Monti Cristi Synopsis

Gentleman I just completed a trip to Monti Cristi from Santiago. This trip was an extension of my most recent Sosua-Santiago excursion. Since the trip was impromptu day trip with no plans or agenda the information contained is not as exhaustive as I would like it to be however I hope for most it will suffice.

This synopsis will cut to the meat of my experience in Monti Cristi for those who are not interested in reading the entire Santiago trip report.

I have not read any PFP information on Monti Cristi but like most urban centers in the Dominican Republic there is more than enough PFP for those who know where to look. Below I have listed my notes for your review.

The City:

Monti Cristi was one of the original settlements of the Spaniards after Christopher Columbus discovered the island of Hispanola. It is on the north west part of the Dominican Republic and about 15 minutes from Haiti. Monti Cristi is currently famous fishing, eco-tourism and the reefs on its beeches. It sits on Monti Cristi Bay which flows into the Atlantic Ocean.

Transportation:

Gonett Tours Expresso from Santiago to Monti Cristi which was about a 1 1/2 hour ride for 200DOP.

Caribe Tours from Monti Cristi back to Santiago for 200DOP and it was a much more comfortable ride than the Expresso I took coming. The bus driver asked ME for my passport after I gave him my ticket but I think he was trying to shake me down and I just blew him off.

Monti Cristi Beach Hotels:

The below listed hotels would be outstanding for dates because they provide excellent vista views of the Monti Cristi beech which is on Monti Cristi Bay.

Hotel Restaurant Maribella faced the beach and had a restaurant and rooms between 1000-2000DOP
    Hotel Restaurant Maribella was across the street from Hotel Restaurant Maribella and it faced the beach also, rooms between 1000-2000DOP

Chic Hotel and Brisa Resturant: (Avenieda Benito Monicon)

The Chic Hotel was a quiet hotel that was next to the sister restaurant Brisa which was an outdoor open air venue covered by an awning.
    My room was comfortable with a king size bed and 24 inch flat screen television. There was WIFI in the lobby and restaurant but not in the rooms. The staff was professional and helpful.

Car Washes Monti Cristi:

Monti Cristi is like many urban centers in the Dominican Republic where car washes serve as PFP venues also. The below were the only 2 car washes reported:

Ma Natay Calle Pablo Duarte (Calle Principal)

Ma Natay has a car wash next to a bar that is under a pavilion. The music was salsa and bachata that was so loud it was deafening. The talent was mostly 6's about 4 chicas appeared to be working.
    The salida was 500DOP and whatever you negotiate with the chica I was told they were going for 500DOP.

El Terrazo Progresso Pablo Duarte (Calle Principal)

El Terrazo has a car wash next to a bar that is under a pavilion like Ma Natay. These 2 car washes are approximately 50 yards from one another and you can walk between them easily. The music was strangely enough Mexican Mariachi. The talent was mostly 6's about 6 chicas appeared to be working all were on the thick side no flacas for me.

The salida was 600DOP and whatever you negotiate with the chica I was told they were going for 500DOP.

Cock Fighting Monti Cristi:

There is a small stadium that sits between Ma Natay and El Terrazo car washes where they cock fight. The entrance to the stadium is 200DOP where everyone surrounds the dirt floor and the roosters fight one another. As rowdy as everyone was there I would like to see PETA representatives come to Monti Cristi and try to put a stop to the cock fighting. On a serious note it was quite brutal watching one rooster peck the hell out of the other. I watched for about 15 minutes and I had enough.

The chica stroll in Monti Cristi:

Calle Ocho is the main hang out spot for Monti Cristi it is at the corner of Calle Colon & Duarte. Motos and cars line the street and there is a dance club at the corner. There were a couple of groups of chicas sitting together that appeared to be working.

It was reported to me that this is one of the primary freelance spots in the city and I saw a few 7's but it started raining and the power went out a couple of times which killed the entire vibe.

Avenida Benito Moncion is the area in front of the Chic Hotel, it is the chica stroll after midnight I saw a few chicas strolling earlier but it started raining and everything shut down for the night.

La Comida Monti Cristi:

• Breakfast at Cocomar Resturant which faces the Monti Cristi Bay with a mellow breeze and rocking chairs while you eat.

Scrambled eggs with onions and tomatoes along with pork chops and toast

• Lunch at Cocomar again.

Baked Moro, sautéed potatoes and salad 600DOP.

• Dinner at Brisa Resturant which has an outdoor and indoor part. I sat outside because it was reported this was a major chica stroll but I only saw a couple before it started raining and the power went out twice after which it was restored by the generator.

Chicken soup tasted like sancocho 150DOP.

Monti Cristi closing thoughts:

I am considering retiring in the Dominican Republic therefore this excursion was right up my alley because it gave me an opportunity to see and experience a part of the country that few people talk about. My objective is to see as much of the Dominican Republic as I can before I make my final decision.
    Below I have listed my thoughts on Monti Cristi:

• One of the highlights of any Monti Cristi trip would be the vista view of the Monti Cristi beach and bay which is very natural.
    • I would definitely recommend Monti Cristi as a day trip if you like pristine beeches and a town that is tan tranquilo. It would be even better with a date.
    • There is plenty of fresh fish and sea food to be had because the town sits on the water.
    • PFP is available in Monti Cristi but I would not travel there solely for that purpose because the only sex venues I could find were the car washes. I could not find any casa de citas.
    • There are plenty of chicas available. I asked a moto concho to find me a flaca and he brought back a woman that was cute but not too flaca. She was ready and willing but I was not.
    • There are freelancers who work the clubs and the streets however on my visit I got rained out so that put the fire out on my flame.
    • Monti Cristi had the small town feel like Cheers where "everybody knows your name" where people speak and greet one another as common courtesy. I thoroughly enjoyed not being treated like a tourist.
    • From the mongering standpoint the trip was a failure but from the personal goal standpoint of exploring different parts of the Dominican Republic I am satisfied.

The report is one of two other companion synopses on Santiago & Sosua.
    Last edited by camaro1257; 03-18-2014 at 08:37 AM.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,029 Posts

Re: Camaro's Monti Cristi Synopsis

Excellent, simply excellent. Thank you very much.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Thanks for reporting on this little known area.
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

an old buddy from New England owns a house in Monte Cristi and he's the one that told mi about the Chicas in Sosua back in '95....he said don't bother coming to Monte Cristi for the Chicas......lol......it took mi until September 2009 before mi finally got to Sosua......better late than never.....lol.....back in 2009 Sosua was packed with Chicas....much more so than Boca Chica which mi had visited quite a few times.......

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the report...I have plans branching out on my upcoming visits in the Dominican Republic, Monti Cristi and Santiago is on the list...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juniorbroker71 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juniorbroker71 View Post
    Thanks for the report...I have plans branching out on my upcoming visits in the Dominican Republic, Monti Cristi and Santiago is on the list...
    I did a Santiago synopsis also.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile Re: Camaro's Monti Cristi Synopsis

Great report Cam. I too like to explore a bit of DR off the beaten path, and Monti Cristi has been on my to do list for a while now. Sounds like a great place to take a favorita for a couple days! Does anyone know if there is any type of bus (e.g. Caribe/Metro or guagua) or other form of inexpensive transport from Puerto Plata to Monti Cristi?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chicachaser For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chicachaser View Post
    Great report Cam. I too like to explore a bit of DR off the beaten path, and Monti Cristi has been on my to do list for a while now. Sounds like a great place to take a favorita for a couple days! Does anyone know if there is any type of bus (e.g. Caribe/Metro or guagua) or other form of inexpensive transport from Puerto Plata to Monti Cristi?
    Caribe Tours will take you to Santiago and then you connect and go to Monti Cristi.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information