Thread: 05/2014 - Airport

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

05/2014 - Airport

I find it extremely odd that once you enter the Santiago airport all the prices for food, merchandise ect is in Dollars; not pesos. At the bus station in Santiago I asked the taxi driver, in Spanish, how much to the airport and he replied, "twenty dollars". Then I asked him how much in pesos and he said 700 pesos.
    Enjoy it while you can.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: 05/2014 - Airport

Used to be 500 pesos from the Bus terminals to the airport, as recent as like a year ago,
    and 700 from the Airport to the Bus Terminal,but those fuckers now wont budge from 700 pesos no matter which direction you going.

I got a guy to agree to 600 recently but when i got there he asked for 700 anyway... I was not gonna make a scene.. but they are little bastards..
    As you know the price used to be 450 for the longest time.. but no more..

I love trying to haggle with those dudes though.. i dont know why i just do..

From the STI Airport TO the bus terminal I see idiots paying $25 US, all the time.. they dont even question it..

when traffic is bad... I gotta say they DO kind of EARN it.....imo

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Used to be 500 pesos from the Bus terminals to the airport, as recent as like a year ago,
    and 700 from the Airport to the Bus Terminal,but those fuckers now wont budge from 700 pesos no matter which direction you going.

I got a guy to agree to 600 recently but when i got there he asked for 700 anyway... I was not gonna make a scene.. but they are little bastards..
    As you know the price used to be 450 for the longest time.. but no more..I love trying to haggle with those dudes though.. i dont know why i just do..

From the STI Airport TO the bus terminal I see idiots paying $25 US, all the time.. they dont even question it..

when traffic is bad... I gotta say they DO kind of EARN it.....imo
    Recent Listin Diario front page headline "Rising fuel costs cause rise in cab fares shocker"

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Recent Listin Diario front page headline "Rising fuel costs cause rise in cab fares shocker"

Can't say I disagree, most of them seem to run on PROPANE in Santiago, not sure if that saves them $ or not, or is just REQUIRED for pollution and emissions..
    never looked into it...
    Would not be surprised though if the Propane is less economical, $ wise, and thats why its higher..

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Can't say I disagree, most of them seem to run on PROPANE in Santiago, not sure if that saves them $ or not, or is just REQUIRED for pollution and emissions..
    never looked into it...
    Would not be surprised though if the Propane is less economical, $ wise, and thats why its higher..
    All fuel prices have gone up 10-20% in the last year or so.

Propane is roughly 50% of the cost of regular gasoline and is used solely for economic reasons.

I've yet to meet a Dominican in over 12 years that gives a flying fuck about pollution or emission issues.

If they could find a way to run their cabs on water they would still raise fares and blame higher gas costs.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Enjoy your trip my friend. Travel safe.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thread Information