Thread: 05/2014 - Street assaults in Sosua.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

05/2014 - Street assaults in Sosua.

A word of caution.... Keep aware of your surrroundings...

http://www.sabanetadeyasica.com/2014...-de-sosua.html

Guys are being robbed in Sosua in the last day or so. The latest was a tourist that was assaulted by two guys armed with knives.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Re: 05/2014 - Street assaults in Sosua.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    A word of caution.... Keep aware of your surrroundings...

http://www.sabanetadeyasica.com/2014...-de-sosua.html

Guys are being robbed in Sosua in the last day or so. The latest was a tourist that was assaulted by two guys armed with knives.
    Does anyone has the english version/translation to the article?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Does anyone has the english version/translation to the article?
    If you view it with Google chrome it should give you the option to translate it.

But here it is translated for you

The return of the main street robberies in The Sprig Batey, Sosúa Township.
    Two strangers on a motorcycle, armed with daggers are assaulting tourists circulating feet this tourist area.
    After several complaints made to this half months ago. These attacks had ceased, but this week, they returned to their old ways and touched a German tourist who was snatched a gold chain and cash.
    The community said that, do not know how these cases occur because the area is being patrolled by law enforcement agencies. In like manner are calling the director of the National Police in Sosúa and share with the two strangers who are committing such crimes. Away tourists who visit us.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    If you view it with Google chrome it should give you the option to translate it.

But here it is translated for you

Two strangers on a motorcycle, armed with daggers are assaulting tourists circulating feet this tourist area.
    After several complaints made to this half months ago. These attacks had ceased, but this week, they returned to their old ways and touched a German tourist who was snatched a gold chain and cash.
    The community said that, do not know how these cases occur because the area is being patrolled by law enforcement agencies. In like manner are calling the director of the National Police in Sosúa and share with the two strangers who are committing such crimes. Away tourists who visit us.
    Thanks.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Walking around anywhere in the D.R. with gold jewelry on and no armed guard is begging for it.

I know Dominicans who've had their gold chains snatched off by Guys on bikes there.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

That gated building on the left looks familiar in the photo posted for the story.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

translating the street's name to the Sprig does not really help ,

the street is La Puntilla. As far as I know that is the street with La Puntilla de Pier Giorgio, and Los Balcones, Residencial Neptuno, and close to the Victorian House

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,733 Times in 1,193 Posts

Walking alone in the dark with gold jewelery = being robbed anywhere in the world.
    Specially in country where they are poor.
    Want to buy ISOC Subscription and pay in Bitcoins?
    2 year : Bitcoin
    1 year : Bitcoin
    Bitcoin Address: 1KnSXcmWbZPcHeWxvmBPKAq71EHCRYCGjq

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Plus the Guy was German. They are generally good People and they also generally enjoy a 1 month annual vacation and therefore they travel a lot but they simply do not travel well.

Little known fact: Oaxaca State in Mexico is where 100% of the world's Mezcal comes from. It's the only place in the world where the Mezcal cactus grows. 50% of the Mezcal produced in the State of Oaxaca is contracted to German distributors.

Anyone who has ever drank Mezcal understands that it's something like Tequilla but will fuck you up twice as fast. Germans love to get fucked up, thus the Mezcal contracts.

I had a next door neighbor staying at the Samsara bungalos in Negril who was German. Nice enough Guy but all he did the whole time there was get fucked up on Sensi. I went through Ho's two a day and I'd be on the front porch chilling and this Guy would stumble up the path after being out smoking with the Rastamen all day and the only English he could manage was "Smoke....Goooood!" just like Boris Karloff in the 2nd Frankenstein movie. Then he'd stumble into his Cheeto Lair and disappear for the night.

Me and my Ho's laughed and laughed.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,452 Times in 1,785 Posts

After several complaints made ​​to this half months ago. These attacks had ceased, but this week, they returned to their old ways and touched a German tourist who was snatched a gold chain and cash.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shogun Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

On the beach where I am at in Cabarete we had a series of small thefts over the past year. A couple tourists at the hotel left stuff on the beach and deck all day and at about 7pm they went to look for their stuff and it was gone. Later that week a guy lost two kite boards and another person got their moped stolen from the street. The guys that stole them tried to sell them in a nearby barrio and someone turned these thiefs in to the police. The police caught them and took them for a ride in the police vehicle. The two thieves had a bit of a rough talking too and were told if they set foot on the beach where I am at they would be shot. We have not seen the two thieves since...

The police generally put people into jail a few times and know the families of the thieves and jailers will make a deal and let them out in a short time. After that the criminals are often given a stern warning and a few smacks and told that if they are caught again doing something they will be shot. Some of the one-legged guys begging are former thieves and some are just people who got into a moto accident... If the thieves are smart, they will try and find work in another part of the country...and they often do. The penalty for thieves, however, is more fatal for guys not living here and coming into town from other parts of the country.
    I do not care what you think. Pour me a coffee.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Plus the Guy was German. They are generally good People and they also generally enjoy a 1 month annual vacation and therefore they travel a lot but they simply do not travel well.

Little known fact: Oaxaca State in Mexico is where 100% of the world's Mezcal comes from. It's the only place in the world where the Mezcal cactus grows. 50% of the Mezcal produced in the State of Oaxaca is contracted to German distributors.
    Grey you ever been to the City of Oaxaca ? I studied Spanish there and hope to one day return.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    Grey you ever been to the City of Oaxaca ? I studied Spanish there and hope to one day return.
    Have I ever been? Describe me in Mitla and you will here of my exploits.. Oaxaca is an amazing place with a rich indigenous culture. The State of Oaxaca is one of my favorite non-aquatic places to visit. I have stood atop the pyramids and felt their power.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thread Information