Thread: 06/2014 - Camaro in Nagua -Taxi Pick - up

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Re: 06/2014 - Camaro in Nagua -June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Transportation from Nagua to Sosua

I checked into the different ways to return to Sosua and found that Carribe Tours has station in Nagua however they only go to Santo-Domingo so if I were to take them that would be a 3 hour ride south to Santo-Domingo and a 4 hour ride north to Sosua. It would be scenic but not time efficient.

I checked a taxi who wanted 3800DOP.

I chose the gua gua route from Nagua to Rio San Juan then Rio San Juan to Sousa. The first leg was 240DOP and the last leg was 250DOP. Economically you can't beat it although at times the ride was uncomfortable due to the number of passengers. The gua gua can seat about 15 people comfortable but at times there were over 20 people on board.

The most fascinating thing about the trip was the conductor and how he maneuvered the passengers to get the maximum out of the minimum space. He would bang on the roof when he wanted to stop and he ran a tight ship. Dude had me rolling hitting on the bonitas that came aboard he was a real tigre. I left Nagua at 0830 and arrived in Sosua at 1130.
    Transporte Las Terrenas picks up and lets off passengers in Nagua on their way from LT to Puerto Plata. I am guessing the pickup time would be around 9:00 am. You would have to call him for an exact time. 829-772-6608 Habla Espanol. He charges me 300 pesos from LT to Sosua so I think you could save a few pesos (200-250 pesos to Sosua ?) by going with him. Also, he only has a small van and doesn't stop for local traffic so the trip would take less time.

This is where he picks up in Nagua.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=19.36...num=1&t=m&z=15

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Re: 06/2014 - Camaro in Nagua -June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    Transporte Las Terrenas picks up and lets off passengers in Nagua on their way from LT to Puerto Plata. I am guessing the pickup time would be around 9:00 am. You would have to call him for an exact time. 829-772-6608 Habla Espanol. He charges me 300 pesos from LT to Sosua so I think you could save a few pesos (200-250 pesos to Sosua ?) by going with him. Also, he only has a small van and doesn't stop for local traffic so the trip would take less time.

This is where he picks up in Nagua.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=19.36...num=1&t=m&z=15
    Great information

Thread Information