Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bob!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Bye Bob!!

Bob from Rumba is thrown on a plane.

http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2014/07/0...a-proxenetismo
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Re: Bye Bob!!

The authorities of the Public Ministry and the Directorate General of Migration reported that he was deported U.S. citizen Robert Anechiarico for allegedly devoted to procuring and promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic.

Anechiarico, who served as the brothel owner-manager "Rumba Bar", located in the town of Sosua, Puerto Plata province, was deported by the International Airport of the Americas.

The Attorney General of the Republic, Francisco Domínguez Brito, asked the Director General of Immigration, José Ricardo Taveras, arrange the deportation of Anechiarico, which determined that he was illegally in Dominican territory.

"Since the prosecution have instructed the Special Prosecutor against the Smuggling of Migrants and Trafficking in Persons, which apresen foreigners who are dedicated to promoting the country as a sex tourist destination, which will be deported," said Dominguez Brito .

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

I'm even surprised at this one.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

I rather be deported then spend time in a Dominican jail... I mean, it's pretty obvious that Rumba is or was a meeting point for guys and chicas, but come on... The guy just owned a bar.. He also gave a lot back to the community monetarily! Wow... Im surprised as well with this one...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

I am just talking though my hat here, but it seems to me that the authorities decided he was persona non grata (due to running a bar where high profile sex tourism was taking place), and since he was not a legal resident, they had him thrown out of the country. That is how I read the article anyway. If they had really decided he was procuring, he would have been in jail.
    Of course, they may have given him the option - jail or deportation. Which would you choose?

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Now that I think about it, I was pretty sure the bar was in someone else's name (Dominican)... Even though it really is Bobby's bar... I guess they wanted him out either way...

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 100 Posts

So, which bar is next?
    Bar Central? Fat Hermans? Rancho Tipico?

To the best of my knowledge none of the proprietors carry a DR passport.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Now that I think about it, I was pretty sure the bar was in someone else's name (Dominican)... Even though it really is Bobby's bar... I guess they wanted him out either way...

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Who is bar central owned by? If it's a non-Dominican he should get worried... Ad from Rancho just started his business and as far as some of our members believe, not too many show up there... If he gets big, it seems he would only naturally next in line, unortunately... Two good things going for him though, he is away from the main action of the 2-3 block ground zero, and second, at least when I was last there, it isnt as much of a pick up spot and more of a bring your date there, or hang with the fellass...

But nothing will surprise me in the Novela of Sosua

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 100 Posts

Bar Central, the business, is in German hands. The building itself is leased from a Dominican.
    Ad, Rancho Tipico, is very successful. I don't care what some members believe.

Most importantly though. The only way to avoid deportation is having DR citizenship.

Also, the whole attitude changes, even for a gringo, once they show a DR passport. Make no mistake. They are still a target because of the money. But they are "one of us" (Dominican) vs. outsider.

P.S.: No, I don't have a DR passport. But I have a US passport for the exact same line of thought.

Who is bar central owned by? If it's a non-Dominican he should get worried... Ad from Rancho just started his business and as far as some of our members believe, not too many show up there... If he gets big, it seems he would only naturally next in line, unortunately... Two good things going for him though, he is away from the main action of the 2-3 block ground zero, and second, at least when I was last there, it isnt as much of a pick up spot and more of a bring your date there, or hang with the fellass...

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    I'm even surprised at this one.
    Collateral damage.

And playing devils advocate, PICHARDO on DR1 (who is veeery connected to the powers that be) has been preaching for months that anybody that isn't in the country legally will be looking at getting thrown on a plane.

This whole naturalization process that is going on now is nothing more than a campaign to see who's legal and who's not. Get legal, or get gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

If im not mistaken, they salida chicas out of tgere !!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    If im not mistaken, they salida chicas out of tgere !!
    I forgot about that one... Very true.. Rancho has a salida, at least when he isn't short staffed and can deal with losing a worker for a few hours... That may be a big no-no if you want to avoid the po po...

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Rumba Bar still open?

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Collateral damage. And playing devils advocate, PICHARDO on DR1 (who is veeery connected to the powers that be) has been preaching for months that anybody that isn't in the country legally will be looking at getting thrown on a plane.
    This whole naturalization process that is going on now is nothing more than a campaign to see who's legal and who's not. Get legal, or get gone.

Bobby like many others that I know, are not here over 90 days to be illegal. Which I guess maybe now having residency is required in order to own any property, or a business. I say property, because it may very well be that Bobby still owns the property, however has sold, or leased out the business
    As far as the authorities stating that Rumba was operating as a brothel,
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Gentlemen I expect this from the younger boards but fellas yall know you cant listen to the crap you hear..

Bobby was arrested AND held for 5 days and there was an attempted extortion of which he would not give.. He was NEVER charged and released, He came through to Rumba and his last words were..

"Fuck this Im going to Vegas" There are way too many rumors. He will be back, he just decided to get out of town instead of dealing with the BS.. Yall guys be having rumors like the chicas..
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

You need a cedula and residency to own property, this is new going back about 2 years....however bobby used a loophole, which obviously didn't work.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    The authorities of the Public Ministry and the Directorate General of Migration reported that he was deported U.S. citizen Robert Anechiarico for allegedly devoted to procuring and promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic.

Anechiarico, who served as the brothel owner-manager "Rumba Bar", located in the town of Sosua, Puerto Plata province, was deported by the International Airport of the Americas.

"Since the prosecution have instructed the Special Prosecutor against the Smuggling of Migrants and Trafficking in Persons, which apresen foreigners who are dedicated to promoting the country as a sex tourist destination, which will be deported," said Dominguez Brito .
    The machine is in now in motion as this clearly is no longer the local Sosua government acting alone but a collaboration of local, Province, and Government agencies working in harmony so what there next move is anybody's guess.

Lets just think out of the box here a minute. If Bobby Rumba has been determined by the authorities to be
    "dedicated to promoting the country as a sex tourist destination," then what the hell is a place like The New Garden guilty of in their eyes ?? Rumbas was a bar on the main strip where girls more or less had to buy a drink to hang out there but what the hell are 10 girls doing hanging out at The New Garden Hotel all day with free rein to use the pool etc. ?

Did you know that The New Garden is for sale ? Maybe he's been warned ? Shut down even one hotel for this and the others may start to shun mongers .....mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne1967 View Post
    So, which bar is next?
    Bar Central? Fat Hermans? Rancho Tipico?

To the best of my knowledge none of the proprietors carry a DR passport.
    I would imagine they very well might be thinking bigger. Think Classicos or Classicos and Merengue. Remember how the scene changed in Rio after they closed Help Disco for the same exact reasons.

Willy left the Mayors political party so for allot of connected people his fall may be in their best political interest now. He sure seemed powerless to do anything but pout when they closed D'Latins

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Who said Bobby was arrested ? I think he has a Dominican National as the "owner" on the books , no ?..
    If Bobby himself is being prosecuted more like "persecuted" then I may never spend another dime in Sosua.. cause that definitely means the gloves are off as you said, and any one of us can and WILL be targets, as Mongers.
    Sure hope it doesn't come to this judge but your spot on that with them making a move like this on Bobby Rumba they just took a very big uncomfortable step closer to every one of us.

Not making predictions just observations....time will now tell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by ROVER; 07-02-2014 at 10:50 PM.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    You need a cedula and residency to own property, this is new going back about 2 years....however bobby used a loophole, which obviously didn't work.
    Where did you get that? Maybe I am just ignorant...
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

From Latin Travel VIP

American Business Owner Deported in Latest Sosua Crackdown

July 2, 2014 by D. Caro 0 Comments

Every indication is that there is no end in sight for a police crackdown against prostitution in Sosua, which started at least two weeks ago. Reports are that police are aggressively arresting women while prosecutors are working to close bars and businesses associated with sex tourism.

A news article, published today in the Diario Libre reported that the owner of the popular Rumba Bar has been deported. According to Spanish language article, Robert Anechiarico a U.S. citizen was deported by immigration authorities at the request of the Attorney General. The article quoted judicial and immigration officials as having made allegations that Anechiarico was “responsible for procuring and promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic”. It also described the Rumba Bar as a “bordello”. Anechiarico was deported through the Aeropuerto Internacional de las Américas in the capital of Santo Domingo, which is 136 miles from Sosua.

Reports are that Rumba will remain open, under the control of a local manager while Anechiarico is out of the country. The news comes following the Closure of the also popular bar D’Latin, two weeks ago.

Deportation of citizens from developed nations is a relatively recent tactic for the Dominican Republic, which is known for having generally lax immigration controls. Earlier this year, the manager of the Carribean Men’s Paradise (CMP), a German citizen was deported despite facing charges in a criminal court for human trafficking. The owner of the once popular Passions Bar and Spa, also a German citizen remains in the Dominican Republic, despite suffering the closure of his business a year ago.

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El-Rey View Post
    Gentlemen I expect this from the younger boards but fellas yall know you cant listen to the crap you hear..

Bobby was arrested AND held for 5 days and there was an attempted extortion of which he would not give.. He was NEVER charged and released, He came through to Rumba and his last words were..

"Fuck this Im going to Vegas" There are way too many rumors. He will be back, he just decided to get out of town instead of dealing with the BS.. Yall guys be having rumors like the chicas..
    every thing is good sit 5 days in a jail a cell in a third world country they attempt to extort you . then they print news articles that you are running a brothel and that you are to be deported everything is good

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information