Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bob!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Re: Bye Bob!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyTio View Post
    every thing is good sit 5 days in a jail a cell in a third world country they attempt to extort you . then they print news articles that you are running a brothel and that you are to be deported everything is good

Like rumors, I guess we can stop believing what we read in the national press here
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Dont know about the rest of you all, but the shit just got real in my eyes..
    this does not seem to be a case of people spreading Rumors, this looks like the real crackdown to me... only question is whos next ?
    Hotels who do business with Mongers and allow putas ? More bar owners who are running "bordellos", wtf are they even talking about ?
    ANY and EVERY business in Sosua could have Prostitutes drinking or eating at some point in time. and they are always available, therefore the place can be considered a Bordello.

the only good part of this Story, is they are allowing Rumbas to remain OPEN,, which kind of doesnt make sense if they wanted to shut down the Whoring activity there.
    Something is a little strange..
    Cmp, they shut down, Passions they shut down under pretenses that it could re open when he got his permits in order.. but it never re opened.
    DLatin shut down for operating a disco illegally ? but in fact we know its because it was THE whore bar in town.

Now Rumba , NOT shut down, but accused of being Bordello ?
    real owner deported.. Manager allowed to keep it open ,

strange , no.. ?
    Last edited by JD426; 07-03-2014 at 12:57 AM.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Dominican Justice.....make it up as you go along.... somebody is paying them to do this.....
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Dont know about the rest of you all, but the shit just got real in my eyes..
    this does not seem to be a case of people spreading Rumors, this looks like the real crackdown to me... only question is whos next ?
    Hotels who do business with Mongers and allow putas ? More bar owners who are running "bordellos", wtf are they even talking about ?
    ANY and EVERY business in Sosua could have Prostitutes drinking or eating at some point in time. and they are always available, therefore the place can be considered a Bordello. the only good part of this Story, is they are allowing Rumbas to remain OPEN,, which kind of doesnt make sense if they wanted to shut down the Whoring activity there.Something is a little strange..Cmp, they shut down, Passions they shut down under pretenses that it could re open when he got his permits in order.. but it never re opened.DLatin shut down for operating a disco illegally ? but in fact we know its because it was THE whore bar in town.
    Now Rumba , NOT shut down, but accused of being Bordello ? real owner deported.. Manager allowed to keep it open ,strange , no.. ?
    As far as the term being used for Bordello/Brothel, I spoke earlier tonight with my Dominican lawyer and she said; locals believe any business establishment that has women which practice prostitution can be considered a Bordello in the DR. Even a car was here can be closed as many of them especially in the south have rooms to rent on site. Post #15 which you thanked explains he was never charged, and left the DR on his own. Anything strange here is actually normal for most locals. So keep in mind when everyone enters the airport there is a large container to deposit all logic, which by the way will never be used here

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El-Rey View Post
    Gentlemen I expect this from the younger boards but fellas yall know you cant listen to the crap you hear..

Bobby was arrested AND held for 5 days and there was an attempted extortion of which he would not give.. He was NEVER charged and released, He came through to Rumba and his last words were..

"Fuck this Im going to Vegas" There are way too many rumors. He will be back, he just decided to get out of town instead of dealing with the BS.. Yall guys be having rumors like the chicas..
    You're saying all the reports in the newspapers are incorrect? If you are implying that they told him to leave, and come back when he is ready to do things legally, that I would believe.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    You need a cedula and residency to own property, this is new going back about 2 years....however bobby used a loophole, which obviously didn't work.
    That is not true

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New Garden has been for sale for at least three years.

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    The machine is in now in motion as this clearly is no longer the local Sosua government acting alone but a collaboration of local, Province, and Government agencies working in harmony so what there next move is anybody's guess.

Lets just think out of the box here a minute. If Bobby Rumba has been determined by the authorities to be
    "dedicated to promoting the country as a sex tourist destination," then what the hell is a place like The New Garden guilty of in their eyes ?? Rumbas was a bar on the main strip where girls more or less had to buy a drink to hang out there but what the hell are 10 girls doing hanging out at The New Garden Hotel all day with free rein to use the pool etc. ?

Did you know that The New Garden is for sale ? Maybe he's been warned ? Shut down even one hotel for this and the others may start to shun mongers .....mission accomplished.

I would imagine they very well might be thinking bigger. Think Classicos or Classicos and Merengue. Remember how the scene changed in Rio after they closed Help Disco for the same exact reasons.

Willy left the Mayors political party so for allot of connected people his fall may be in their best political interest now. He sure seemed powerless to do anything but pout when they closed D'Latins

Sure hope it doesn't come to this judge but your spot on that with them making a move like this on Bobby Rumba they just took a very big uncomfortable step closer to every one of us.

Not making predictions just observations....time will now tell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,294 Times in 3,816 Posts

Wow, I'm surprised at this. But running a bordello? No Way.

Seems like there is much speculation being published here and elsewhere, but keep in mind, even in first world counties, the press often gets it wrong.

"Dewey Defeats Truman". (1948 presidential election )

"It was just a weather plane gone off course". (US ambassador to the UN when The U2 spy plane was shot down by the soviets)

"I did not have sex with that lady, Miss Lewinsky". (You know who).

we should always remember (especially when traveling overseas), keep your wits about you and use common sense. Maintain situational awareness at all times and you'll minimize your chances of problems.

Me, I'm laying low today (very heavy rainfall this morning - first in awhile), but tomorrow I think I'll head down to Rombas to have a few cold ones, watch a baseball game, and celebrate the 4th of July.

The sky is NOT falling.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    Where did you get that? Maybe I am just ignorant...
    New law that passed last year and is being inforced big time at the moment.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErikS View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised at this. But running a bordello? No Way.

Seems like there is much speculation being published here and elsewhere, but keep in mind, even in first world counties, the press often gets it wrong.

"Dewey Defeats Truman". (1948 presidential election )

"It was just a weather plane gone off course". (US ambassador to the UN when The U2 spy plane was shot down by the soviets)

"I did not have sex with that lady, Miss Lewinsky". (You know who).

we should always remember (especially when traveling overseas), keep your wits about you and use common sense. Maintain situational awareness at all times and you'll minimize your chances of problems.

Me, I'm laying low today (very heavy rainfall this morning - first in awhile), but tomorrow I think I'll head down to Rombas to have a few cold ones, watch a baseball game, and celebrate the 4th of July.

The sky is NOT falling.
    Even you, who knows whats what, and dont even speak on something unless you got the FACTS are surprised by this !?
    ... well at least we not going crazy then..cuz its strange as hell.
    It dont make sense..

The only Logical thing ,IMO... is he DID see that the right move was to EXIT for a while.. and the papers "determined" this to be DEPORTED ?
    Would be nice to hear it from the Horses mouth.. Bobby is no dummy..not by a long shot..
    He is not gonna sit in some fucked up Dominican Jail ,waiting for people to bring him food and water..
    Maybe he OUTSMARTED their Plan ( saw the writing on the wall) , took a vacation back to the states, and they wrote it up that way just ouf of spite...
    that imo is the only thing that would explain the bar, excuse me "Bordello" being allowed to stay open. ( like a warning shot over the bow)
    And yes I know there is no logic to what Dominicans do sometimes.. factored in.
    again, just my .02 ( hopefully thats still allowed here ????)...

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

Ahh come on - ErikS -you know I have nothing but love for you man, BUT, the sky is falling for many people.

The spots that got too big are being curtailed/controlled shut down or what ever.

The powers that be dont want "us" guys any more.

The elders and wiser of this board have being saying for a long time that Sosua is on its way out, I have personally felt that for our last 3 visits AND there have been comparisons with the other well known spots - the customer changes, the atmosphere changes, it isnt as low key as it once was, the gvt has to do something and they clamp down.

Its been predicted for a long time, its happening.

Whats next? When its "one of us" - then thats it - game set and match. Over.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

So Rumba is a brothal and Dlatin is not? The girls that are in Rumbas in the day move to Dlatin at night. What is the difference? Only in DR.
    Last edited by rahsta; 07-03-2014 at 04:04 PM.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    So Rumba is a brothal and Dlatin is not? The girls that are in Rumbas in the day move to Dlatin at not. What is the difference? Only in DR.
    Dlatin has been closed for a few weeks now, right?

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    Dlatin has been closed for a few weeks now, right?
    Yes that is correct....D'Latin has been closed for several weeks now...

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    So Rumba is a brothal and Dlatin is not? The girls that are in Rumbas in the day move to Dlatin at not. What is the difference? Only in DR.

And what is Bar Central? There is even has a short stay hotel in the back (both may be independent, I don't know)! For the most part it is a bar where mostly Haitian chics and euro guys hang out. As a "brothel" bar, it sure measures highest on the strip.

I just don't get the rhymes and reasons anymore, or maybe never had?

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tony Toca For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toca View Post
    And what is Bar Central? There is even has a short stay hotel in the back (both may be independent, I don't know)! For the most part it is a bar where mostly Haitian chics and euro guys hang out. As a "brothel" bar, it sure measures highest on the strip.

There is no rhyme or reason, thats just the point..

The Govt TARGETS Owners, and then goes after them by any means available.. sometimes real reasons, no matter how minor, sometimes completely made up.
    the key is for the owner to be smart enough to REALIZE when he is being targeted..

but they dont want to just close them without any "reason" , even if its a total bullshit one they will plaster the news with it.

.. and even as you pointed out, if that SAME exact reason applies even moreso to ANOTHER Bar/ business....
    Which proves there is an Agenda.....
    Ya gotta love the DR.. they put on one Hell of a Dog and Pony show..

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I believe that Dominican people do not like the "in your face" style of sex for sale type businesses. If its well hidden...then they usually leave it alone and the corrupt Dominican mafiosos and political guys will eventually take it over and then destroy the business...LOL

What may happen here in Sosua is that many businesses will fail locally without the guys flying in and then the mayor and everyone currently in power will blame the dying businesses for not doing enough to attract tourists... We shall see...

33. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

if the theory that the gov't is cracking down on the 'exploitation' of the local 'natural resources' by foreigners, the DR gov't could probably give about a millionth of a fuck about a bar that specializes in natural resources of the haitian variety, except insofar as they'd probably like to run the chicas out of the country more than the owners of the establishment.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What about Rocky's with a bar & rooms?
    Rumba doesn't even have rooms.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Guthrie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    if the theory that the gov't is cracking down on the 'exploitation' of the local 'natural resources' by foreigners, the DR gov't could probably give about a millionth of a fuck about a bar that specializes in natural resources of the haitian variety, except insofar as they'd probably like to run the chicas out of the country more than the owners of the establishment.
    Can we Measure that ? is there a "give-a-Fuck-o-meter" one can buy on Ebay ?

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information