Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/2014 - Anyone going to Santiago in Mid August?

Thanks

07/2014 - Anyone going to Santiago in Mid August?

I just got back from there in June but now I realized I have more vacation days than I expected so might as well go back. Last time I was with a couple friends(my first time in DR) and I was locked down by this girl the entire time. I had to cancel on quite a few girls some I really wanted to see. I'm not complaining the girl I was with was gorgeous and was always available while the other girls had work. I do plan on seeing her again. But this time I'm going alone and have a few chicas lined up. I know once I see the girl from the first time she will lock me down for the remainder of the trip. So I was just wondering if anyone is up for something the first couple nights I'm there(8/13). All I have booked so far is a one way plane ticket lol.....

edit*

Does anyone have experience with booking on airbnb.com? It looks like a cheaper option than hotels. I do plan on staying Camp David maybe 2 nights. But I'm also looking for a place in the city so I dont have to drive to the clubs or bars. It a BnB place a good choice?
    Last edited by beyondthewall; 07-07-2014 at 05:02 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beyondthewall For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Re: Anyone going to Santiago in Mid August?

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthewall View Post

edit*

Does anyone have experience with booking on airbnb.com? It looks like a cheaper option than hotels.
    I used it and its fine.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

edit*

Does anyone have experience with booking on airbnb.com? It looks like a cheaper option than hotels. ............... It a BnB place a good choice?

I've used them a couple of times and had zero issues.
    Vida es buena....

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

In regards to airbnb, just make sure you know what you're getting... Although most of my few experience are positive, check on the size of the bed, bathroom, ceiling or stand up fans if you think you may need them. Air conditioning is very rare and in probably 1 percent of apartments... Also, some owner rent by the bedroom and not apartment, so there' a chance you are sharing with another guest... That didn't happen to me, but it could... Also if needed, check for elevators in the building, epecially if your in a highrise or a few flights up... Not only could it be a pain, but you or others may not be able to hike it up the steps, especially with groceries, or with a drunken buzz going on... Also, many chicas dont like the hike in heels...

Just a few things to look into... We may take them for granted in the states, but not always standard in Colombia or elsewhere...

Edit: I mentioned Colombia as I took it for granted that was the destination.. Im pretty sure similar issues can exist in Santiago... And you will WANT an AC in Santiago (IMO)
    Last edited by BrooklynBeas; 07-07-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Edit: I mentioned Colombia as I took it for granted that was the destination.. Im pretty sure similar issues can exist in Santiago... And you will WANT an AC in Santiago (IMO)
    You need it in Santiago.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 07/2014 - Anyone going to Santiago in Mid August?

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'm going to stick with Hotel Matum and possibly stay at Camp David for a day or 2. So nobody will be there around mid August?

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beyondthewall For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'm going to stick with Hotel Matum and possibly stay at Camp David for a day or 2. So nobody will be there around mid August?
    I stayed at the Hotel Matum years ago. It was nice.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    I stayed at the Hotel Matum years ago. It was nice.
    I stayed there in June. I would not call it nice, but it is convenient...was hoping to get a room in Platinos just to try it out but they are booked for the days I wanted :/

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beyondthewall For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I stayed there in June. I would not call it nice, but it is convenient...was hoping to get a room in Platinos just to try it out but they are booked for the days I wanted :/
    maybe it was Platinos?

It was 7 years ago.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

I just got back from there in June but now I realized I have more vacation days than I expected so might as well go back. Last time I was with a couple friends(my first time in DR) and I was locked down by this girl the entire time. I had to cancel on quite a few girls some I really wanted to see. I'm not complaining the girl I was with was gorgeous and was always available while the other girls had work. I do plan on seeing her again. But this time I'm going alone and have a few chicas lined up. I know once I see the girl from the first time she will lock me down for the remainder of the trip. So I was just wondering if anyone is up for something the first couple nights I'm there(8/13). All I have booked so far is a one way plane ticket lol.....

it sounds like you have no say in the matter and she is making your decisions for you. That's not good.
    Enjoy it while you can.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    it sounds like you have no say in the matter and she is making your decisions for you. That's not good.
    Maybe he should not go there any more.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    haha yes she is very jealous. But there were opportunities where I could have lied to get rid of her but I couldn't do it. She is gorgeous and I get envious stares everywhere I go with her. Like I said, I enjoy her company. I'd take a week with her than someone I haven't met. But I will set a day or two to meet a few more chicas. I'm also going to Punta Cana after Santiago and I'm probably taking her with me.

I wouldn't mind doing a short post trip report on my previous trip to Santiago. It was my first time in DR and I had a blast. Anyone interested?

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to beyondthewall For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I stayed at Hotel Matum last year and I would never stay there again. It sounds like you will be spending a bit of your time with a nice chica, unless you want to pay 900 pesos for a visitor fee you might want to stay somewhere else. I recently stayed at Hodelpa Centro Plaza and it was 100x better than Matum IMO

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sandcobra For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wouldn't mind doing a short post trip report on my previous trip to Santiago. It was my first time in DR and I had a blast. Anyone interested?
    Yea everyone.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

haha yes she is very jealous. . She is gorgeous and I get envious stares everywhere I go with her.
    You sure do have alot to learn about Dominicans.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcobra View Post
    I stayed at Hotel Matum last year and I would never stay there again. It sounds like you will be spending a bit of your time with a nice chica, unless you want to pay 900 pesos for a visitor fee you might want to stay somewhere else. I recently stayed at Hodelpa Centro Plaza and it was 100x better than Matum IMO
    chica friendly?

did you get lowest room cost one? Not cheap hotel but looks nice...rooms start at 90 USD in august...

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    chica friendly?

did you get lowest room cost one? Not cheap hotel but looks nice...rooms start at 90 USD in august...
    I use to pay $45 a night there.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

haha yes she is very jealous. But there were opportunities where I could have lied to get rid of her but I couldn't do it. She is gorgeous and I get envious stares everywhere I go with her. Like I said, I enjoy her company. I'd take a week with her than someone I haven't met. But I will set a day or two to meet a few more chicas. I'm also going to Punta Cana after Santiago and I'm probably taking her with me.

we're actually not into those much here, but if you must............

jk and welcome. Bring on the story!

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    You sure do have alot to learn about Dominicans.
    Leave him alone . he's on a Roll...

Tell us more about this Jealousy... we have never heard of this before....

fascinating..

lol

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

I'll hold back and leave him alone... But, beyond the wall, you do know that this is your vacation and you can choose to do what you want and when you want.... Of course they are going to be super-jealous.. You are their meal ticket or possibly more if they can lock you down... Which, looks like she is doing pretty well..

Unless you're getting in her pants at no charge, I wouldnt feel as if I had to sneak around on the DL,and that is highly unlikely, don't worry about it, cause that the norm.... If you feel funny about it, don't worry about that either, cause after a few trips under your belt, you will get used to the business relationship...

Jut don't fall in love and understand its all about business.....................

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread Information