Thread: 07/2014 - Olympian in la capital

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

07/2014 - Olympian in la capital

So earlier today, I was in santo domingo airport, waiting for a friend to arrive, I was in the bar area, and there were a group of guys there. Most except for one were black men, at first I thought they were a touring group, maybe 6 gentlemen, they as I was were waiting for an arrival.

There was one that the others seemed focused on, as he spoke the others listened and responded, I thought I had seen him before, somewhere, but I wasn't sure, at one point after about fifteen minutes there he got up from his chair and approached the counter of the bar, I looked closer anf it looked like Carl Lewis, the Olympian, I said out loud, Carl he turned and smiled, I then knew it was him, he stopped , I approached him and we had a brief convo, he said he was in the capital or a few days, what a nice guy.

later before he left, as he was still waiting with his group for one more arrival he approached me again, asking how long I would be in the airport, and if I could look out for the buddy, they were waiting for, one other in the group showed me a picture of the guy, they were waiting for, I told Carl I couldn't promise how long I would be there, as my friend plane had landed, and I was waiting for him to clear customs, and when he did, I was out.

What a nice guy, hope he and his crew enjoy the D. R.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 22,294 Times in 3,816 Posts

Re: Olympian in la capital

I once sat next to Ray Allen (NBA) on a flight. Another really nice, genuine guy.

Speaking of nice guys, how are you doing Señor T?

Sorry I never made it to your place at BC. When are you coming north?

Come to think of it, on another flight I was sitting next to Rebecca Lobo (Former NCAA player of the year / WNBA player / current ESPN announcer).

Hope all is well my friend. (Isn't it about time for another birthday party?)

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ErikS For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Re: 07/2014 - Olympian in la capital

Subscribe to the Hooters SD FB page. All kinds of athletic types go through there. (and board members on the down low)
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

not that its any of our business, but isnt Carl Lewis batting for the other team?
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

That's why I couldn't figure out if MrHappy's comment was an inadvertent faux pas or if he was on the verge of outing a couple of board members.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    not that its any of our business, but isnt Carl Lewis batting for the other team?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    That's why I couldn't figure out if MrHappy's comment was an inadvertent faux pas or if he was on the verge of outing a couple of board members.
    I thought he meant "Down low" as in "On the QT", "On the hush-hush", not announcing "monger" status.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Is he staying at the Roma hotel?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

That's what I thought also, but with Carl Lewis being the topic of the thread I wasn't 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    I thought he meant "Down low" as in "On the QT", "On the hush-hush", not announcing "monger" status.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Is he staying at the Roma hotel?
    speaking about that Roma hotel, i stayed at the Roma 2 last month and man - there were punks everywhere...NOT A GOOD LOOK..so any of you trying to weigh out options in SD - DO NOT GO TO THE ROMA 2 HOTEL..there were about 10 black american fags there...not that i have anything against punks, but i do not want to party with them or be in a hotel where they are the dominate group...

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Nuff said. I've seen a few board members that would rather fly under the radar.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

They stick to their own.

speaking about that Roma hotel, i stayed at the Roma 2 last month and man - there were punks everywhere...NOT A GOOD LOOK..so any of you trying to weigh out options in SD - DO NOT GO TO THE ROMA 2 HOTEL..there were about 10 black american fags there...not that i have anything against punks, but i do not want to party with them or be in a hotel where they are the dominate group...
    I've stayed there a few times. Yes, there are groups of homosexuals in the place, but they dont bother anyone. Their gaydar is very accurate and they can tell whether you are interested or not. The most you will get is a "Whats up? or How are you?" They arent disrespectful or anything. What they do in their room isnt any of my business, I could care less.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    So earlier today, I was in santo domingo airport, waiting for a friend to arrive, I was in the bar area, and there were a group of guys there. Most except for one were black men, at first I thought they were a touring group, maybe 6 gentlemen, they as I was were waiting for an arrival.

There was one that the others seemed focused on, as he spoke the others listened and responded, I thought I had seen him before, somewhere, but I wasn't sure, at one point after about fifteen minutes there he got up from his chair and approached the counter of the bar, I looked closer anf it looked like Carl Lewis, the Olympian, I said out loud, Carl he turned and smiled, I then knew it was him, he stopped , I approached him and we had a brief convo, he said he was in the capital or a few days, what a nice guy.

later before he left, as he was still waiting with his group for one more arrival he approached me again, asking how long I would be in the airport, and if I could look out for the buddy, they were waiting for, one other in the group showed me a picture of the guy, they were waiting for, I told Carl I couldn't promise how long I would be there, as my friend plane had landed, and I was waiting for him to clear customs, and when he did, I was out.

What a nice guy, hope he and his crew enjoy the D. R.
    Well you know Carl is a pitcher/catcher for the other team, so him in the capital does not surprise me at all! Mr Happy I don't know who is on the DL here but I do remember someone talking about a toy in his ass and me calling him gay. Crazy thing is other members were saying no he wasn't @_@. To each is own black or white homo's are not my cup of tea and dam now they have moved over to Roma II... SMH it's a wrap for that spot, well both Roma's! None the less to each is own just be safe.

Funny story I remember going to meet PP, B319, and a few others and I came in on a later flight and upon checking in at Roma 1 (roma 2 had just opened), a big tall light skin dude walked past me and started up the stairs. This moreno stopped and said uhhhh hayyy and ran past me and jumped in this dudes arms O_O! I was like WTF! I had Milo grab my shit (luggage) and high tailed it to Roma 2. The whole time I am thinking WTF pillow biters have taken over smh.
    Last edited by givengo440; 07-17-2014 at 06:33 PM.
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: They stick to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
    I've stayed there a few times. Yes, there are groups of homosexuals in the place, but they dont bother anyone. Their gaydar is very accurate and they can tell whether you are interested or not. The most you will get is a "Whats up? or How are you?" They arent disrespectful or anything. What they do in their room isnt any of my business, I could care less.
    like i said, i dont have a problem with them, but the 2 days i was there, i saw too many of them for me to go back there...even when i was talking to the chica at the front desk, i look down at the ID's on her desk and the whole stack were CHICOS.. i think i was the only chico who had chicas visiting. when i met with Hanzo and told him about my observations, he was like 'u ddnt know that'...he also mentioned that another member from this board used to stay there regularly but he witnessed too many fags and fag activity then decided to go elsewhere...i dont have anything against anybody, but when the fags out # the straights - EXIT STAGE LEFT! im just stating what i saw/witnessed..yall can stay/sleep and spend $ where you want...and do what u want..lol. i rather go to Raizor or Napalitano...just me

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

like i said, i dont have a problem with them, but the 2 days i was there, i saw too many of them for me to go back there...even when i was talking to the chica at the front desk, i look down at the ID's on her desk and the whole stack were CHICOS.. i think i was the only chico who had chicas visiting. when i met with Hanzo and told him about my observations, he was like 'u ddnt know that'...he also mentioned that another member from this board used to stay there regularly but he witnessed too many fags and fag activity then decided to go elsewhere...i dont have anything against anybody, but when the fags out # the straights - EXIT STAGE LEFT! im just stating what i saw/witnessed..yall can stay/sleep and spend $ where you want...and do what u want..lol. i rather go to Raizor or Napalitano...just me
    Umm... I think you'll find that the entire Colonial City is teeming with the fellows. They are drawn to that area like gnats to a light. All kinds of gay bars there too.

I don't have a problem with them. Lots of them are pretty cool peeps, and they usually have wicked good looking girlfriends that they are more than happy to introduce you to if you treat them like a decent human being.

But, when I was talking about the down low, it didn't have anything to do with gay folks, I was referring to board members and wing men who travel without letting guys on the board know they're going to be in town. (that's the down low I was talking about)

I see posts from MODS and HQ guys pretty regularly that only mention a trip once they're back.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Umm... I think you'll find that the entire Colonial City is teeming with the fellows. They are drawn to that area like gnats to a light. All kinds of gay bars there too.

I don't have a problem with them. Lots of them are pretty cool peeps, and they usually have wicked good looking girlfriends that they are more than happy to introduce you to if you treat them like a decent human being.

But, when I was talking about the down low, it didn't have anything to do with gay folks, I was referring to board members and wing men who travel without letting guys on the board know they're going to be in town. (that's the down low I was talking about)

I see posts from MODS and HQ guys pretty regularly that only mention a trip once they're back.
    OOOOOOOO Happy we thought you meant the other.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

I personally have no problems with gay folk, hell I'm happy they're around, means less guys to compete with, and more chicks for me, but there are a ton of homosexuals in the colonial zone, and Roma II is the place to be for them.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    I personally have no problems with gay folk, hell I'm happy they're around, means less guys to compete with, and more chicks for me, but there are a ton of homosexuals in the colonial zone, and Roma II is the place to be for them.
    chicas are part of that gay folk.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thread Information