Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/2014 - They are never happy, not ever!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Re: 07/2014 - They are never happy, not ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    The overwhelming majority of people do not share that sentiment. Almost everyone wants more. They have a $15,000 Hyundia but they want a BMW. They have a perfectly fine house that they paid $175,000 for but they want a bigger one. They have a 42" TV but they want a 60". They are making $60,000 per year but they want to make $100,000. It goes on and on. All over the world. Why should these chicas be any different?

People are always "networking", hoping the next introduction leads to a better opportunity. GD, you are very much in the minority in that regard. As am I. Was talking to a guy at Casa Cayena just yesterday. He said he was going to retire in 2 years. I asked him why not retire now? He said that by working another 2 years he would have another $8,000 per year. I asked him if he needed the extra $8,000. He said no but that it was too much money to pass up. That is the way most people think.
    In 1985 I started my first accounting job.

This 65 year old accountant named Sam taught me something major

"The masses are asses"

This statement is 1,000% true

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    The overwhelming majority of people do not share that sentiment. Almost everyone wants more. They have a $15,000 Hyundia but they want a BMW. They have a perfectly fine house that they paid $175,000 for but they want a bigger one. They have a 42" TV but they want a 60". They are making $60,000 per year but they want to make $100,000. It goes on and on. All over the world. Why should these chicas be any different?

People are always "networking", hoping the next introduction leads to a better opportunity. GD, you are very much in the minority in that regard. As am I. Was talking to a guy at Casa Cayena just yesterday. He said he was going to retire in 2 years. I asked him why not retire now? He said that by working another 2 years he would have another $8,000 per year. I asked him if he needed the extra $8,000. He said no but that it was too much money to pass up. That is the way most people think.

I could have retired at 80% of my full salary if I had worked 8 more years and not retired at 55. That would mean that I would have 3 more years to work from today. It was a significant amount of money. Except I figured I had enough for a very modest lifestyle by retiring at 55. The extra money would have been nice but I would never trade it for the 5 years I have had since my retirement. My quality of "things" and my income is not great. My quality of life is great (in my opinion). The majority of people sacrifice, at least in part, the latter for the former even if it is not an absolute necessity..
    I think age has a big factor in what you want in life....

If everyone with just content where they are everyone would work at mcdonalds and flip burgers for the rest of your life Our system works because you want to better your self in life.

But you reach a certain age I believe in your 50s where you just don't have that motivation to climb that ladder...you have been climbing it for 3o years and don't feel like doing it again. Though Colonel Sanders was 70 when he it big All depends on what floats your boat. Most guys have a family and financial obligations that many of us on this board don't have also.

I once heard on the radio and I think its true is the rich and middle class aren't really that far apart as far as everyday living. Like you said above. Yeah they have nicer showers and nicer TVs and cars but there really isn't that big a difference in everyday living....

Where the huge gap is the poor living in shacks in Kenya-dr versus us here in USA.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I think age has a big factor in what you want in life....

If everyone with just content where they are everyone would work at mcdonalds and flip burgers for the rest of your life Our system works because you want to better your self in life.

But you reach a certain age I believe in your 50s where you just don't have that motivation to climb that ladder...you have been climbing it for 3o years and don't feel like doing it again. Though Colonel Sanders was 70 when he it big All depends on what floats your boat. Most guys have a family and financial obligations that many of us on this board don't have also.
    If you hit 50, never been married and don't have children, then you should have everything you want, unless you have a drinking or gambling problem.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

OTOH, many people retire too early without a plan, where do you think all those 70 yo walmart greeters come from

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    OTOH, many people retire too early without a plan, where do you think all those 70 yo walmart greeters come from
    Are you kidding me?

That's a career gig...

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    They want to get away from the wife so they go to work.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    They want to get away from the wife so they go to work.
    It's hard to go from spending you entire adult life going somewhere you are needed every day to sitting around all day with nothing in particular to do and nowhere in particular to be.

Some can't make the adjustment. If I ever try it'll be because my body hurts too much for me to make it in to work every day otherwise I plan to do what I do for as long as I'm able.

I had my year off (2012) and that's enough for me. I'm glad I shifted gears though, everyone I know who didn't is dead or ill. Stress is the most evil Bitch you'll ever know.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    It's hard to go from spending you entire adult life going somewhere you are needed every day to sitting around all day with nothing in particular to do and nowhere in particular to be.

Some can't make the adjustment. If I ever try it'll be because my body hurts too much for me to make it in to work every day otherwise I plan to do what I do for as long as I'm able.

I had my year off (2012) and that's enough for me. I'm glad I shifted gears though, everyone I know who didn't is dead or ill. Stress is the most evil Bitch you'll ever know.

I am single so I took a vacation day, a sick day and did whatever i wanted. Most married guys i knew never did a thing by themselves.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am single so I took a vacation day, a sick day and did whatever i wanted. Most married guys i knew never did a thing by themselves.
    I got away more when I was married than I do now.

There's nothing to escape.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I got away more when I was married than I do now.

There's nothing to escape.
    The guys I am talking about have been married for the last 20 -30 years, first marriage.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The guys I am talking about have been married for the last 20 -30 years, first marriage.
    It's too late for them anyway. Let's concentrate on those who can be saved.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's too late for them anyway. Let's concentrate on those who can be saved.
    I don't save hoes and I sure don't save simps and drones.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't save hoes and I sure don't save simps and drones.
    I have actually managed to talk a few married buddies into taking a trip that would change their lives for the better.

The ones who remained married took charge of their lives and their Wives learned to appreciate them.

It's a beautiful thing to see a Guy find his balls 20 years into a marriage. No Woman loves a wimp.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have actually managed to talk a few married buddies into taking a trip that would change their lives for the better.

The ones who remained married took charge of their lives and their Wives learned to appreciate them.

It's a beautiful thing to see a Guy find his balls 20 years into a marriage. No Woman loves a wimp.
    Good for you.

I prefer to travel with the never married bunch. There are no excuses and there are so many in that bunch.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good for you.

I prefer to travel with the never married bunch. There are no excuses and there are so many in that bunch.
    Most of the single Guys I know can't plan past next weekend. They're the 1st ones trying to wife-up some Ho.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Most of the single Guys I know can't plan past next weekend. They're the 1st ones trying to wife-up some Ho.
    Really?

I travel with Maxi, Kevy, papi, Gold, Hunter to name just a few and we book trips 3 - 9 months in advance.

Ps Riches and WSJ3, have many trips booked in advance

None of them wife up.

We travel in different circles I guess.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Really?

I travel with Maxi, Kevy, papi, Gold, Hunter to name just a few and we book trips 3 - 9 months in advance.

Ps Riches and WSJ3, have many trips booked in advance

None of them wife up.

We travel in different circles I guess.
    Difference is they were already in the game.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Difference is they were already in the game.
    Stop trying to help people and focus on yourself, your kids and your punani

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Stop trying to help people and focus on yourself, your kids and your punani
    Stop trying to help People? Where would I be in life without mentorship and the People who've helped me understand my way through it all? Not passing it forward just ain't in my nature.

Me, my Kids and my Punani are fine. There's much more to life than selfish pursuits. A Guy whom I've know for at least 20 years is about 45 and has been married and working 2 full time jobs since I've known him. A few years ago he came to Santo Domingo with a few of us on the only vacation he's ever had in his adult life that didn't involve dragging the old battleaxe and all their munchkins to Disney world or some other money pit. 5 days of massages, different Pum-Pum every day and night and nobody digging in his pockets was clearly the best 5 days of his life. He talks about that trip every time I see him. He's still working 2 jobs and he's got Kids in college now but he knows what it feels like to be pampered. So many have no idea.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Stop trying to help People? Where would I be in life without mentorship and the People who've helped me understand my way through it all? Not passing it forward just ain't in my nature.

Me, my Kids and my Punani are fine. There's much more to life than selfish pursuits. A Guy whom I've know for at least 20 years is about 45 and has been married and working 2 full time jobs since I've known him. A few years ago he came to Santo Domingo with a few of us on the only vacation he's ever had in his adult life that didn't involve dragging the old battleaxe and all their munchkins to Disney world or some other money pit. 5 days of massages, different Pum-Pum every day and night and nobody digging in his pockets was clearly the best 5 days of his life. He talks about that trip every time I see him. He's still working 2 jobs and he's got Kids in college now but he knows what it feels like to be pampered. So many have no idea.
    So now he can talk about those 5 days the next 20 years. Wonderful.

You have so much to teach. I can learn a few 100 new things.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information