Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 07/2014 - Really? Spirit??

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Down 07/2014 - Really? Spirit??

Seriously? Glad they're not even an option for me!

10525617_10154364187145063_3889133673783120405_n.jpg
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

Re: Really? Spirit??

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Seriously? Glad they're not even an option for me!

10525617_10154364187145063_3889133673783120405_n.jpg
    Whenever I fly spirit I intend to fly with no luggage Maybe i'll be able to fit my backpack in the free bin. $100 for a carry on is insane.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    Whenever I fly spirit I intend to fly with no luggage Maybe i'll be able to fit my backpack in the free bin. $100 for a carry on is insane.
    They're just fucking their customers. If you pre-pay it, it's $50. If you show up and it doesn't fit into the "free" one, they rape you.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

JACK??????

(you guys fucked up big time)

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thumbs Down Re: Really? Spirit??

Are they really that much cheaper that people will put up with being anally raped and punked?

I think I'd rather not give them the business and pay more elsewhere just to not give them my money. Can't believe they get away with being so blatantly disrespectful.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pictures Re: Really? Spirit??

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    JACK??????

(you guys fucked up big time)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

This is one thing they do that I actually appreciate. I'm tired of the selfish assholes who drag huge bags onto the plane so that I can't even fit a small book bag type backpack into the overhead.

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Ha Ha they charge more for the bag than they do for the person on some flights.
    No thanks
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    This is one thing they do that I actually appreciate. I'm tired of the selfish assholes who drag huge bags onto the plane so that I can't even fit a small book bag type backpack into the overhead.
    all airlines have carry-on bag size restrictions (and most of them just got a little tighter) and they're all pretty much standard, the problem isn't that people carry on huge bags it's that they put the 'personal bag' into the overhead when they're supposed to put it under the seat in front of them. it's that they also carry on a bag full of shit that they just bought at duty free and stuff that in the overhead also, then they stick their jacket or sweater up there. they put their bags further to the front than their seat (thinking that'll get them off the plane faster), thus throwing off everybody else, and it's that they take 5 fucking minutes to figure out how to stuff their bag into the compartment.

every time i get on a plane I'm astounded by how many people act like they've never been on a fucking plane before and act as if nobody elses time is as important as theirs.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    all airlines have carry-on bag size restrictions (and most of them just got a little tighter) and they're all pretty much standard, the problem isn't that people carry on huge bags it's that they put the 'personal bag' into the overhead when they're supposed to put it under the seat in front of them. it's that they also carry on a bag full of shit that they just bought at duty free and stuff that in the overhead also, then they stick their jacket or sweater up there. they put their bags further to the front than their seat (thinking that'll get them off the plane faster), thus throwing off everybody else, and it's that they take 5 fucking minutes to figure out how to stuff their bag into the compartment.

every time i get on a plane I'm astounded by how many people act like they've never been on a fucking plane before and act as if nobody elses time is as important as theirs.
    Thank you sir!!!!!

Too many idiots trying to fit their clearly oversized bags (especially the hard shell bags) into the bin, then desperately turning around, oblivious to all the angry stares of the people behind them trying to get to their seats, and looking up and down the overhead bins and finally cramming it into a space 3-4 rows up, which deprives the passengers in those seats from being able to rightfully put their bags in that overhead space, thereby causing all sorts of chaos.

One time when boarding a Delta flight from SFO to ATL, due to this bs, it took 45 minutes to board and the tower finally instructed the pilot that we had lost our place in line for takeoff and delaying our departure by another 20 minutes.

Bravo to Spirit for taking a stand on this crap. Just curious, but for any of you guys who have flown Spirit, roughly how long has the boarding process taken when you have flown with them? Does it seem faster than when boarding other airlines?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    I don't need much because I have chicas washing my clothes both in DR & Colombia.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Are they really that much cheaper that people will put up with being anally raped and punked?

I think I'd rather not give them the business and pay more elsewhere just to not give them my money. Can't believe they get away with being so blatantly disrespectful.
    I can save around $200 - $250 per trip.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 07/2014 - Really? Spirit??

They renovated the Movie theater by me with those reclyner seats. Its $15 a movie there. The other theaters are about $11.

I get discount tickets for $9.

Large popcorn ($8) and large soda ($6) are free refills.

I see families of 4 or 5 paying full ticket prices then hitting the consession stand getting each kid a popcorn, soda and candy. Snacks come to $40 or $50.

These are the schmucks that fly and spend $50 on snacks on a Spirit flight.

Why not cash in on them. There are many millions of them.

Putas go after simps as does Spirit.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Just curious, but for any of you guys who have flown Spirit, roughly how long has the boarding process taken when you have flown with them? Does it seem faster than when boarding other airlines?
    boarding process seems to be the same or a likkle longer than others.......though better than the past
    and think Spirit probably has more first time travelers than any other airline which can lead to confusion when boarding..
    for those that have paid for carryons....you get priority boarding on Spirit.......
    the biggest problem is a lot of people flying on Spirit put their personal bags in the overhead bins that are meant for carry ons.......
    mi see so many people get nailed on their baggage at Spirit when checking in......that it's not even funny....
    for some reason mi see a ton of backpacks going on to the Spirit flights.......younger generation mi think
    mi addressed Spirit in mi latest trip report to Jamaica....

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Bravo to Spirit for taking a stand on this crap. Just curious, but for any of you guys who have flown Spirit, roughly how long has the boarding process taken when you have flown with them? Does it seem faster than when boarding other airlines?
    On all airlines, I hang around the front and get on when they call my group.

Thanks

Two years ago, I was waiting and there was a two hour weather delay so I went to customer service and asked if I can change my flight since the rules are 3 hours or more without a fee.

The agent said sure and while she was working with me they made a final boarding call and my name was called.

She said she had me in her computer and not to worry.

My flight was changed and I was in Ft lauderdale for two days as I wanted.

They follow the same rules as all the other airlines.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

At this point if you buy a spirit ticket and go to the airport with 2 suitcases without paying the fees ahead of time you deserve to be dinged a few hundred dollars for the entertainment of regular Spirit flyers to enjoy watching how pissed off you get and how you will never fly Spirit again, and how on American you get a free bag of peanuts and 2 free bags of luggage for $400 more. blah blah blah.

Its amazing because if you walk yourself through the purchasing process of buying the ticket online, they tell you what will happen if you don't buy luggage, then send you emails about it before your flight, and the info is all on the website then when you get your boarding pass online, they tell you again, so at this point you are just an asshole and, you are just a source of entertainment, and there is not enough videos on Youtube about this.

This has been discussed over and over again, and the $100 carry on is not new.

If you don't have a lot of luggage its usually the cheapest flight anywhere.

To be honest even if I fly with no luggage, I try to get on the line early regardless of what Zone I am in, and just throw my bag up in the overhead, I don't think the attendents give a shit, because they probably don't get paid and have to pay fees themselves to work on the plane. So I guess it doesn't take me too long to get on the plane

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Spirit stock , 52 week low - $22.25

Spirit stock, 52 week high - $35.89

Today's close - $33.14

For an airline that everyone seems to hate and will never step foot on again, they aint doing that bad... I've never had the pleasure, or bad experience, but i've been told by more travelers then not, that they will never take a Spirit flight for as long as other airlines are in business...

Maybe someone else can explain this, but how the hell is their stock price increasing if "Everyone hates them"!?!?!
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Spirit stock , 52 week low - $22.25

Spirit stock, 52 week high - $35.89

Today's close - $33.14

For an airline that everyone seems to hate and will never step foot on again, they aint doing that bad... I've never had the pleasure, or bad experience, but i've been told by more travelers then not, that they will never take a Spirit flight for as long as other airlines are in business...

Maybe someone else can explain this, but how the hell is their stock price increasing if "Everyone hates them"!?!?!
    Spirit is SAVE and it closed today at $66, and they are growing, by fucking people over, but growing

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

The thing that really pisses me off about all the airlines decreasing the size of allowable carryons is that they their reasoning is that it will speed up the boarding process - except they already know that it doesn't. What it DOES do is force pretty much every other person in the world to have to go out and buy a new carryon bag because what was once a standard size across all airlines is now about 2" too fucking big. Did they get a big payoff from the suitcase industry or what?

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information