Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07/2014 - Casa Linda updates anyone?

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

07/2014 - Casa Linda updates anyone?

Does anyone have any updates on villas in Casa Linda?

I've done some research and the most recent threads (last few years) either are about transportation to and from, or are just generic posts about the place itself. Some great info was given in a thread by Moshy and I've used it to zero in on a few units. Unfortunately that info is from 2007, so things may have changed. Also, there are many newer units built since then.

I'm looking to possibly rent a unit for an upcoming trip. I will be single so I'm looking for a two bedroom (since one's are non existant from what I've read), but will consider a three bedroom if the price is right. I've looked at quite a few online and only have a few questions at the moment for anyone who can share info. I'm looking for anyone who has been there in the last few years and can share some info. I know several members have posted info in their trip reports during the time frame, but that stuff is almost impossible to find without 'diving deep' in the research. Talis' report was the only one I could recall.

1. I'm wanting a unit with an extremely private pool..........you get the drift.

2. I'm thinking that there might be some get togethers with small groups of friends and chicas. There will not be any raging parties, but being able to have fun without harrasing neighbors is always a plus.

3. What it the deal with bringing guests in for the afternoon/ evening? I've read that cedula's are needed upon entry, but has anyone ever had a big issue beyond that? I'm referring to the chicas as well as the guests are truly coming to hang out for a little while.

I've also looked at Hispaniola, but am on the fence. Any good or bad information is appreciated as I haven't ruled it out yet.

Any current info is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Irie; 07-31-2014 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Sp
    Vida es buena....

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

Re: 07/2014 - Casa Linda updates anyone?

I stayed at Hispaniola a few times about 3 years ago. I paid 128$ a day, including tax for a 2 bedroom, which was good because I brought someone I worked with. We were both mellow but Johanna initially busted our chops. In her defense there was a house close to ours that was pretty crazy the first 2 days, then they left. Back then the pools weren't to private because the trees really hadn't grown in yet. House was new and beautiful, beds extremely comfortable in both houses I rented. Then they raised the price and came with the rule that you needed a car, which was fine. Johanna is hard to get in touch with, sometimes even when your there. I would recommend, but not if you want to have a party. Ive heard better feedback about Casa Linda. Its a little older but definitely more private. probably a little cheaper too.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiggy View Post
    I stayed at Hispaniola a few times about 3 years ago. I paid 128$ a day, including tax for a 2 bedroom, which was good because I brought someone I worked with. We were both mellow but Johanna initially busted our chops. In her defense there was a house close to ours that was pretty crazy the first 2 days, then they left. Back then the pools weren't to private because the trees really hadn't grown in yet. House was new and beautiful, beds extremely comfortable in both houses I rented. Then they raised the price and came with the rule that you needed a car, which was fine. Johanna is hard to get in touch with, sometimes even when your there. I would recommend, but not if you want to have a party. Ive heard better feedback about Casa Linda. Its a little older but definitely more private. probably a little cheaper too.

thanks Swiggy. I'm slowly but surely ruling both of these options based on some off line conversations. I've read a little from other sites that don't seem to coincide with what I'm looking for. The search continues......

good insight though, thanks.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

ISOC Irie Pool Party Saturday August 30th....I am in

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    ISOC Irie Pool Party Saturday August 30th....I am in

having a couple small gatherings was the idea.................along with several that are on my own personal agenda that will be by personal invite only.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    having a couple small gatherings was the idea.................along with several that are on my own personal agenda that will be by personal invite only.
    Where's Nakom when u need em

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 183 Posts

Casa Linda has more new villas and privacy depends on the landscaping and the proximity of the other villas. Both Hispaniola and Casa Linda allow guests. Hispaniola is closer to Sosua and Casa Linda is about 5-7 minute drive.

During slow season, you can probably get a deal at both if you call in advance.

Casa Linda now has transportation that takes people into Sosua.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to leaseno For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 697 Posts

I stay there all the time.
    Most of the villas you can see on the website.
    Visitors are no problem. Chicas will definitely require Cedulas. I don't know that you can bring in 10 at once, but 4 or 5 at a time is definitely not an issue. Gringos usually do not need ID, just need to say/know which villa they are going to.

For privacy Villa 5 is GREAT..No clothing is necessary in that pool at any time.
    It backs to the jungle. It's on the left side of El choco. Same side as the office. That side is much less popular and quiet.
    Its a 2 bed and nicely decorated with decent furniture. It costs the normal 2 bed rate ~150 or so. But Casa linda has a 20% discount for all bookings in Aug and Sept.

There's also at least 2 Villa's on the other side that will rent one guy the whole 3 or 4 bed house for $90 per night.
    You pick which bedroom you want, and they lock off the others.
    The 3 bed has a pool with a waterslide and water fall/grotto. Private enough IMO, but not completely, depending on how wild you want to get.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Why don't you throw a party Hunter?

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    Why don't you throw a party Hunter?
    My condo place doesn't allow it I believe...Maybe a Ruby party...I will see when I have boots on the ground.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

My condo place doesn't allow it I believe...Maybe a Ruby party...I will see when I have boots on the ground.
    Throw it in your warehouse

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaseno View Post
    Casa Linda has more new villas and privacy depends on the landscaping and the proximity of the other villas. Both Hispaniola and Casa Linda allow guests. Hispaniola is closer to Sosua and Casa Linda is about 5-7 minute drive.

That is big, I stayed there in 2010 and 2011, it was always a dragging having to take the whores back to the strip, or when traveling in big groups organizing travel around town.
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leaseno View Post

Its good to know the transportation angle. Do you think they'd bring chicas back as well.

Thanks is for the info.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i have a strong suspicion that's not in the cards this time. Call me Creskin, but...............

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrblackluv View Post
    I stay there all the time.
    Most of the villas you can see on the website.
    Visitors are no problem. Chicas will definitely require Cedulas. I don't know that you can bring in 10 at once, but 4 or 5 at a time is definitely not an issue. Gringos usually do not need ID, just need to say/know which villa they are going to.

For privacy Villa 5 is GREAT..No clothing is necessary in that pool at any time.
    It backs to the jungle. It's on the left side of El choco. Same side as the office. That side is much less popular and quiet.
    Its a 2 bed and nicely decorated with decent furniture. It costs the normal 2 bed rate ~150 or so. But Casa linda has a 20% discount for all bookings in Aug and Sept.

There's also at least 2 Villa's on the other side that will rent one guy the whole 3 or 4 bed house for $90 per night.
    You pick which bedroom you want, and they lock off the others.
    The 3 bed has a pool with a waterslide and water fall/grotto. Private enough IMO, but not completely, depending on how wild you want to get.

Many many thanks MBL. This is the type of info I was looking for.

If having 10-15 people (max) is doable from your experience, then I may start pursuing this angle again. That would probably only be once or twice at most. Having a place to hang with 6-8 every other night or so would probably be realistic.

I'll check out 5 again and see if it's available. I think it was 12 that also got the same thumbs up, only it has a smaller yard. It is available (or was) along with the water slide casa in the newer side.

I have a couple of other irons in the fire, but this is great info. I didn't know about the discount. That could change things for sure.
    Last edited by Irie; 08-03-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: sp

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    i have a strong suspicion that's not in the cards this time. Call me Creskin, but...............
    I am not following....did Seville and ruby have a falling out?

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

I am not following....did Seville and ruby have a falling out?
    Yes. In July I found him a few spots down at Choirboys spot.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to davemaryland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Here is a link to the map....

http://casalindacity.com/casa_linda_map.php

There are new phases if you book in the new phase there may be more "privacy"

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Here is a link to the map....

http://casalindacity.com/casa_linda_map.php

There are new phases if you book in the new phase there may be more "privacy"

Not much of a backyard, but I'm thinking this might have the privacy I'm looking for.

(thanks for all the help, comments, and suggestions guys........this is what's so good about this board )

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information