Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 09/2014 - Armando Casciati, (Classicos) Resident card nullified by immigration..

Thanks
    Thanked 72,258 Times in 11,767 Posts

Re: 09/2014 - Armando Casciati, (Classicos) Resident card nullified by immigration..

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Not sure if you knew, but Bobby from Rumba's was also just a "manager" or something like that... The business was not and is not in his name... But then again, maybe that's why he was able to leave on his own, and allegedly able tocome back if/when he pleases.... Sure pal, come back, we would love to try to abuse you any possible way we could figure out... And this is a good guy that gave back MUCHO to the needy people of Sosua.... Talk about biting the hand that feeds you... The guy only owneda bar where guys just happen to meet whores at... Aint like he was pimpin them... That was (in my opinion) one of the most fucked up things of this new way of Sosua....
    Thanks for setting me straight. I certainly agree, Bobby's situation was TOTALLY fucked-up, and so is Armando's ... where does this leave any foreigner with a business that counts mongers among its clientele?
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 100 Posts

Re: 09/2014 - Armando Casciati, (Classicos) Resident card nullified by immigration..

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Thanks for setting me straight. I certainly agree, Bobby's situation was TOTALLY fucked-up, and so is Armando's ... where does this leave any foreigner with a business that counts mongers among its clientele?
    Or more generalized: "Where does that leave any foreign-owned business/financial interest in the DR?"

Even on my second or third trip to the DR, I heard stories along the lines: "We imported $1M of construction equipment into the DR. The Air Base next to POP seized it and demanded "ransom". Fiscal PP ruled against them, and "Aero Fuerza Dominicana" still wouldn't release it w/o payment. We are done doing business here."

That was 10 yrs ago!
    Nothing has changed. But it seems that nothing has been learned either.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    I was thinking the opposite

i think it might be time to go see sosua as it used to be before the weekend warriors and there 2 week millionaire mentality brought down the whole town

but I hate discos and crowds and noise and motos and and and
    I just sent an email to a friend saying the same thing. Maybe now is the time to head back to enjoy Sosua the way it used to be.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

Jeffrey explained his situation with FOD yesterday on "that other board" - the one that blocks out its services to the Dominican Republic. Pedro, the general manager, is Dominican, as is the rest of the crew (with Nico's departure to Blackbeards) - Jeffrey stays in the background, taking care of what he calls the "technical back-end" of the system. He has also relinquished his actual legal ownership of the corporation that runs FOD ... providing himself all the legal cover he can; he has other projects going on and he wants to keep out of the line of fire.
    Jeffery does not nor ever did own FOD. He is the owner of the corporation but the corporation doesn't have any hard assets related to FOD,the real estate is owned by Armado and/or Pedro,they are the owners. Pedro pays Jeffery to maintain the website,that's it.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    The only issue there is you have to go outside to pee because the smell in the bathroom will overwhelm you.
    and sit on the outer edge b/c the music can cause deafness..... but a great place to escape to from time to time and a hidden gem can be found fresh off the bus

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,258 Times in 11,767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    Jeffery does not nor ever did own FOD. He is the owner of the corporation but the corporation doesn't have any hard assets related to FOD,the real estate is owned by Armado and/or Pedro,they are the owners. Pedro pays Jeffery to maintain the website,that's it.
    As I recall, from the time before Jeffrey took over the lease and started the present FOD, the real-estate belongs to "Armando" - I'm not sure if that was Signor Casciati, all I recall hearing was the first name.

What I wanted to convey was that Jeffrey has relinquished ownership of the corporation that runs FOD, as well. He's still maintaining the website, and "taking care of customer relations" as he put it, but he's keeping his distance as best he can ... he's working on a different project, and he doesn't want to be caught up like Peter, or Bobby, or now Armando Casciati.

What was the old saying? "He who sups with the devil should bring a long spoon."

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    I was thinking the opposite

i think it might be time to go see sosua as it used to be before the weekend warriors and there 2 week millionaire mentality brought down the whole town

but I hate discos and crowds and noise and motos and and and
    True, but things are just a little too fucked up right now, at least how it sounds on here... I'd rather wait for the dust to settle a bit before going back for a week or more... Plus,the next trip looks very much like it will start in SDQ,continue to Boca Chica, then a few other towns hosted by Tgunzz and crew... I may, but not sure, wind up finishing up the trip in the Su for the last couple days... But nothing is written in stone yet.... One thing and the only thing that looks pretty sure is my 20th trip to DR will be around my 40th birthday... It only seems right for that to happen... And sad as it sounds to me, my first trip to DR was to SDQ and I haven't flew into that airport ever since... Plus with more and more options (direct) from JFK, and around $350-$400 give or take, it makes it all that much better...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    and sit on the outer edge b/c the music can cause deafness..... but a great place to escape to from time to time and a hidden gem can be found fresh off the bus
    I've only been there once, and that was with about 8 dudes, 0 being Dominican, and we definitely stuck out... But not once did I feel threatened or not welcome, but then again we didn't stay very long and didn't see many that looked fuckable (at least in my taste)... Im pretty sure though if I did, I could have got a BJ in the parking lot without a problem... Maybe I went on a bad night, or maybe we didn't stay long enough to find that hidden gem... But it was definitely a spot where Dominican's look for a quick piece of ass before going home to wifee... lol

I'll also never forget putting the empty grande bottles under the tables, aka their way of counting how many you ordered and how much the bill would be... lol

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

True, but things are just a little too fucked up right now, at least how it sounds on here... I'd rather wait for the dust to settle a bit before going back for a week or more... Plus,the next trip looks very much like it will start in SDQ,continue to Boca Chica, then a few other towns hosted by Tgunzz and crew... I may, but not sure, wind up finishing up the trip in the Su for the last couple days... But nothing is written in stone yet.... One thing and the only thing that looks pretty sure is my 20th trip to DR will be around my 40th birthday... It only seems right for that to happen... And sad as it sounds to me, my first trip to DR was to SDQ and I haven't flew into that airport ever since... Plus with more and more options (direct) from JFK, and around $350-$400 give or take, it makes it all that much better...

You're kidding, right?

Pleeease tell me you are.
    Last edited by Irie; 09-19-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: sp
    Vida es buena....

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

As I recall, from the time before Jeffrey took over the lease and started the present FOD, the real-estate belongs to "Armando" - I'm not sure if that was Signor Casciati, all I recall hearing was the first name.
    The name is "Amado". Ironically it means "beloved". He is Alberto Noesi's nephew and was his money collector and enforcer. I remember seeing him pull a gun on Dominican Billy during a trivial dispute over storage space but Billy was not at all fazed. I have never been clear if his interest in FoD and cabaña La Roca is with his own money or as a front for Alberto.

Nothing to do with Armando, but much the same ilk.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Beas,

I am sure you are not the only one that feels this way. I have kept quiet on a public board on this subject out of respect for Mr Casciati and his family. This has been a trying time for them.

But this has not effected business. Sosua Hotels, Bars, and Clubs are open. Traveller's are still visiting daily. This is just a bump in the road. Not one of Mr Casciati's businesses have stopped operating since his departure from DR.

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    Beas,

I am sure you are not the only one that feels this way. I have kept quiet on a public board on this subject out of respect for Mr Casciati and his family. This has been a trying time for them.

But this has not effected business. Sosua Hotels, Bars, and Clubs are open. Traveller's are still visiting daily. This is just a bump in the road. Not one of Mr Casciati's businesses have stopped operating since his departure from DR.
    This is the part that doesn't make sense and one reason why mongers back home say, "things are a little too fucked up right now". Getting rid of business owners for the purpose of cleaning up the streets but yet the business stays open just doesn't make sense. Mongers don't need to agree with the reasons, but they do need an explanation that makes a little bit of sense, even for DR standards.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    This is the part that doesn't make sense and one reason why mongers back home say, "things are a little too fucked up right now". Getting rid of business owners for the purpose of cleaning up the streets but yet the business stays open just doesn't make sense. Mongers don't need to agree with the reasons, but they do need an explanation that makes a little bit of sense, even for DR standards.
    well..Mongers..especially on this board..should know better...we all know that DR is very often smoke and mirrors.... Let's just think for a minute..We all know clubs are open..we all know girls are somewhere...in my books 2+2 still=4
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElCristo View Post
    well..Mongers..especially on this board..should know better...we all know that DR is very often smoke and mirrors.... Let's just think for a minute..We all know clubs are open..we all know girls are somewhere...in my books 2+2 still=4
    That is so true, you can land here ignorant and walk around and get laid 24 times a day if you wanted... There are plenty of smaller bars to hang out at if you want and the beach and lots to do and guys to drink beers with and music to be listened too...and football games on tv during the day or whatever. Even Classico's and Rumba are still open. It's still a great place to monger though its not a circus. Walk around and talk to some chicas and many want to talk with you... Look at them too long in the downtown area and they will be right next to you in less than a minute... Its not the height of debauchery but its still fantasy island...

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    That is so true, you can land here ignorant and walk around and get laid 24 times a day if you wanted... There are plenty of smaller bars to hang out at if you want and the beach and lots to do and guys to drink beers with and music to be listened too...and football games on tv during the day or whatever. Even Classico's and Rumba are still open. It's still a great place to monger though its not a circus. Walk around and talk to some chicas and many want to talk with you... Look at them too long in the downtown area and they will be right next to you in less than a minute... Its not the height of debauchery but its still fantasy island...
    Thank God! And I hope it gets better... less douche bags around and such...

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,372 Times in 13,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    The name is "Amado". Ironically it means "beloved". He is Alberto Noesi's nephew and was his money collector and enforcer. I remember seeing him pull a gun on Dominican Billy during a trivial dispute over storage space but Billy was not at all fazed. I have never been clear if his interest in FoD and cabaña La Roca is with his own money or as a front for Alberto.

Nothing to do with Armando, but much the same ilk.
    I'm pretty sure if you dig a little deeper, you'll find Alberto is the real owner of FOD, and Amado is just the "pretend" owner because of Alberto's financial dealings.

Amado also used to "own" the Mountainview... but it was also Alberto's property.

For a time, Amado was the "owner" of the Blackbeards property, but once again... the owner really was Alberto, just like the big car wash place on the left when you're entering Costambar.

When John first bought Blackbeards, Alberto used to come by almost on a daily basis. He and I would spend a lot of time chatting, and he was always trying to get me to buy one of the dozens of properties he owned.

He told me more than once that he didn't think John would come through on the last payments for Blackbeards, and if he didn't, he'd let me make the final payments and stay with the property.

Amado used to come in frequently, always with a couple of girls. That was pretty ballsy considering he lived about a hundred feet away.

One night he and I were in the Jacuzzi with two girls he brought in, and one of the girls "playslapped" him in the face, and he punched her in the mouth so hard it knocked her two front teeth out. Then he pulled her naked out of the jacuzzi bleeding all over the place and drug her out to the front gate and threw her out.

I couldn't do much about it because he always carried a 44, and I'm sure he wouldn't have been afraid to use it on me. Even back then, he had a really bad reputation and was known to have killed a few folks.

That's a side of Alberto's business very few know about.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

When we started there was no Rumba. Places like Pasions, CMP, D'Latin, El Toro, etc. have been closed. Who knows what the future holds. I'm sure people that want to will adapt or move on. To newbies it will still be the greatest vacation in the world. The guys that like to pop bottles in their white suites might be a little bothered but life goes on. I remember you always talking about "appointments" you had setup anyway lol

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post
    When we started there was no Rumba. Places like Pasions, CMP, D'Latin, El Toro, etc. have been closed. Who knows what the future holds. I'm sure people that want to will adapt or move on. To newbies it will still be the greatest vacation in the world. The guys that like to pop bottles in their white suites might be a little bothered but life goes on. I remember you always talking about "appointments" you had setup anyway lol
    You're right. I never did have any use for those clubs/bars anyway. I get my chicas from other sources.

But I still would like to know what's going on and what they're up to. I just don't ever want to get caught with my slip showing.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you dig a little deeper, you'll find Alberto is the real owner of FOD, and Amado is just the "pretend" owner because of Alberto's financial dealings.
    Alberto lost everything and is in prison,has been there for over a year.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Just pure speculation which we all do here.......

Maybe the tourist minister has a huge investor and is going to force armondo and bobby to sell their properties to the investor. Then the investor shuts everything down and builds a family friendly Disney land

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information