Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/2014 - How's the Sosua scene now?

Thanks

10/2014 - How's the Sosua scene now?

Hey guys,

I haven't seen any new posts lately about the Sosua scene. Is there anything new happening there and how is the quality selection now?

Also, does anyone know how good the deep sea fishing charters are on the eastern side of the country? I'd like to try some fishing if it's not a big hassle or rip off.

Thanks,
    glduke

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to glduke For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 100 Posts

Re: How's the Sosua scene now?

An update I shared w/ a friend just a few days ago.

"Update.

Sosua is alive. Plenty of doable pussy to be had yesternite.

The only problem, and that hasn’t changed from your last visit, is the lack of venues. For me Rancho Tipico is the only choice; I know that for you Rumba is another option.
    And maybe Classicos. But that’s it…

On the plus side, all the bars including Bar Central now have tables and chairs on the street. It is a chill, and more outdoorsy atmosphere again.

Overall, is still a decent place but it’s nowhere close to what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by glduke View Post
    Hey guys,

I haven't seen any new posts lately about the Sosua scene. Is there anything new happening there and how is the quality selection now?

Also, does anyone know how good the deep sea fishing charters are on the eastern side of the country? I'd like to try some fishing if it's not a big hassle or rip off.

Thanks,
    glduke

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

There is always action in Sosua! Quality varies by location and day of the week. Fishing charters in the Eastern part of the country(Punta Cana, Bavaro) are over priced. Here on the north coast the fishing is heating up as winter conditions arrive. Charters are much more reasonable here in Sosua, a half day can be enjoyed for $ 400 USD and the boat is all yours.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wayne1967 View Post
    An update I shared w/ a friend just a few days ago.

"Update.

Sosua is alive. Plenty of doable pussy to be had yesternite.

The only problem, and that hasn’t changed from your last visit, is the lack of venues. For me Rancho Tipico is the only choice; I know that for you Rumba is another option.
    And maybe Classicos. But that’s it…

On the plus side, all the bars including Bar Central now have tables and chairs on the street. It is a chill, and more outdoorsy atmosphere again.

Rancho Tipico!? Look maybe the place improved since I last visited there in late April,early May, but when I was there all I saw was a bunch o unatttractive Haitian waitress/hostess and bunch of European men. Maybe this place must have improved a lot cause many dudes on this board swear by this place as if it's the beginning and end of Sosua.
    Looks like I'll check it out again when I'm in Sosua in early December.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Rancho Tipico!? Look maybe the place improved since I last visited there in late April,early May, but when I was there all I saw was a bunch o unatttractive Haitian waitress/hostess and bunch of European men. Maybe this place must have improved a lot cause many dudes on this board swear by this place as if it's the beginning and end of Sosua.
    Well you wont find attractive OR unattractive pale skinned fat assed Santiagueras that's for sure.

9. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: How's the Sosua scene now?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...83#post1317383

And Rancho Tipico was great! I'll get there eventually in my report.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

For those that think Sosua is dead or a thing of the past, there are many many other cities to try out and explore... AKA, Sosua is not DR...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

It has been stated on numerous occasions that Rancho Tipico is not for everyone. If you are looking for Dominican putas you won't find them there. There are usually 5 -10 Haitian putas there on any given night; that's about it. If you are looking for NA music you won't find much of that there either. It does not attract a lot of the vacation crowd for those reasons. Depends on your priorities and what you are looking for.

Personally I have not been in a bar on the strip yet this year. I have a lot of fun at Rancho Tipico and have absolutely no interest in Rumbas, Winner Circle or Classicos ect. Like I said; depends on what you are looking for.
    Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks,
    glduke
    seriously? I mean, come on... There are guys that do 3/4 reports every year ( like if every report had something to add to the previous one)
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks,
    glduke
    I have written 6 Sosua reports this year and the last one was in September.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    I have written 6 Sosua reports this year and the last one was in September.

Really? I am not familiar with your reports.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wayne1967 View Post

This is key. You can't compare it to the good old days so don't try to. The good thing about visiting other countries is, it helps you to still appreciate the DR vibe.

Sosua is going through chemo therapy right now and will hopefully survive into something better for all once all the cancer cells are destroyed.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    For those that think Sosua is dead or a thing of the past, there are many many other cities to try out and explore... AKA, Sosua is not DR...
    I agree with Beas 1000000000%, but see this is where the geek who turned to sheek when he jumped off the plain has to now take that battery that was put in his back from the point and click action of the SU to the I have to muster up the courage to venture out and deal with chicas beyond my comfort zone. Guess what that is life so it shouldn't be so hard! Man I love DR! Not for the SU but for the 5 weeks spent in Santiago playing basketball, weeks in La Capital, Days in San Francisco De Macoris, La Vega, Puerto Plata, Boca Chica, Moca, and etc... fellas yes we mongers but as a man I am a conqueror by nature and think I can't be with one woman at a time so how long can one destination keep my full interest? Let's go fellas, hell the SU is alive and kicking, no it's not what it used to be and it shouldn't as everything evolves so get after it and get out and learn new places. Happy Hunting S^%$!
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Re: 10/2014 - How's the Sosua scene now?

Hey guys,

Thanks,
    glduke

Well 95% of the posts are in the paid trip report sections.

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    Really? I am not familiar with your reports.
    I like you, never heard of the guy?

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Well you wont find attractive OR unattractive pale skinned fat assed Santiagueras that's for sure.
    I'm not looking for that either. I've seen better looking Haitian girls at Bar Central. But hey to each his own.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    It has been stated on numerous occasions that Rancho Tipico is not for everyone. If you are looking for Dominican putas you won't find them there. There are usually 5 -10 Haitian putas there on any given night; that's about it. If you are looking for NA music you won't find much of that there either. It does not attract a lot of the vacation crowd for those reasons. Depends on your priorities and what you are looking for.

Personally I have not been in a bar on the strip yet this year. I have a lot of fun at Rancho Tipico and have absolutely no interest in Rumbas, Winner Circle or Classicos ect. Like I said; depends on what you are looking for.
    I definitely not looking for NA music. I traveled thousands of mile to a latin American country to enjoy the latin American Caribbean experience, the culture, the food, the music and women.
    I respect your choice of this place. Would you consider Rancho Tipico to be a Haitian theme bar?

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Pictures Re: How's the Sosua scene now?

Obviously Rancho Tipico is not to your liking....you've been there and read all about it here. Please don't go there!

While I always get a table it's getting harder and harder to get a seat there.....and no sense wasting any on those that don't like it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post

I'm not looking for that either. I've seen better looking Haitian girls at Bar Central. But hey to each his own.
    I definitely not looking for NA music. I traveled thousands of mile to a latin American country to enjoy the latin American Caribbean experience, the culture, the food, the music and women.
    I respect your choice of this place. Would you consider Rancho Tipico to be a Haitian theme bar?

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Obviously Rancho Tipico is not to your liking....you've been there and read all about it here. Please don't go there!

While I always get a table it's getting harder and harder to get a seat there.....and no sense wasting any on those that don't like it there.
    Noticing your Avatar, you must be a big fan of Haitian girls. If I offended you or anyone, I apologize. Just want to hear about other clubs/places.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Noticing your Avatar, you must be a big fan of Haitian girls. If I offended you or anyone, I apologize. Just want to hear about other clubs/places.
    If you offend some, you must offend everyone then.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information