Thread: 11/2014 - Jet Blue Checked Bag Fee

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

11/2014 - Jet Blue Checked Bag Fee

Looks like the shareholders are winning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george...ushpmg00000063

Shoot. Pretty soon, you guys flying Jet Blue will almost be paying half of what we pay in the Mid West!

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Re: 11/2014 - Jet Blue Checked Bag Fee

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post

Shoot. Pretty soon, you guys flying Jet Blue will almost be paying half of what we pay in the Mid West!
    Its all about the shareholders.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,909 Times in 470 Posts

I'd bet it will hurt their stock. jetBlue is known for their customer service and this is a dumb move on their part.

The ones who care don't know anymore, and the ones who know don't care ~ Yuri Orlov.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to slipheed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slipheed View Post
    I'd bet it will hurt their stock. jetBlue is known for their customer service and this is a dumb move on their part.

Or maybe they realize they haven't gained market share after all the others did it.
    Vida es buena....

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

if they add a $26-$50 fee for bags i will probably going to switch to switch to the cheapest flight. typcally i pay from $350-$450 for jfk to sdq.

I dont to pay over $500.

Another option is to pack lighter and just use a carry-on and a "laptop bag" for all my stuff
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

United right now has crazy low fares, and im still looking for a Jet Blue ticket, even if its $100+ more... thats how much better Jet Blue is, imo.
    Mostly because the scumbags at United, did some whacky stuff with the seats. to squeeze more of them in.
    My legs are NOT that long, im only 5'10", and my KNEES were hitting the back of the chair in front of me.. i gave them 2 tries,was not that impressed.
    No thanks..
    and Delta, forget it. keep your stale sandwich and 2 hour security lines and shitty flight times.. at least UNITED MATCHES the JB flight times.
    they competing with Jet Blue on almost EXACT FLIGHT TIMES, EWR vs JFK if anyone has bothered to notice.. .Jet Blue lands 10 minutes earlier though....

imo, From NY area .. Jet Blue is still a winner, all around, in terms of checking in, customer service, Flight times, speed of going thru security at their terminal at JFK., snacks, sometimes even Free Drinks, if you know HOW to ask (and dont ask me, you figure it out on you own).. Its a Whole CULTURE thing.. like a secret little handshake Club, once they know your by first name, they treat you real good.. and they upgrade you to the Emerg seats with extra legroon for FREE coming back like 100% of the time, all you gotta do is know how to ask politely..

i will defend them like Jacknback defends his beloved Spirit..

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post

amazing that if you have no checked in luggage you get a different fare price than someone who is checking a bag. that is interesting. i wonder if they will allow you to check in a bag free if you have their credit card, i mean since all they are doing is copying other airlines anyway i would figure they would be unoriginal enough to take that idea too.

all this i assume is going hand and hand with their frequent flier program. they take away from everyone and then give the same perks back to their more loyal membership that has status in their program or those who have their credit cards.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

I just received an e-mail from JB today. The retrofit of their main aircraft will happen in 2016, the newer seats will be thinner (but more comfortable) according to the CEO. Uh....right! I'll be the judge of that.

They will increase their tv screen size to 10" with more entertainment choices. The current seat pitch in coach is 34.7", far and away the best of any domestic airline. After the retrofit, it will be reduced to 33.1", still pretty good and still more than the competition. On virtually all international flights I have taken, the pitch has been 33", so if I can take a flight to Thailand, I can survive on a 5+ hour flight to NYC for my connection to the Caribbean.

As a comparison, according to JB, AA has a seat pitch in coach of just 31.8". JB will still give your kneecaps nearly an inch and a half more space. That can be a huge difference as any of us who have our knees embedded in the seatback in front of us will attest.

But Spirit, the airline that really sucks according to so many on here, their seat pitch in coach is just 28.6"! Jeezus Christ!!!! You gotta be a fucking midget to be comfortable on that airline. No wonder they suck donkey dicks!

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

JetBlue Will Charge For First Checked Bag On Lowest Fares

Say it ain't so, JetBlue! In order to appease investors, JetBlue announced today that it will follow pricing models familiar to passengers on Frontier Airlines and American Airlines: airfare bundles that include, and don't include, a free checked bag.
    It's not the only recent policy change to dismay customers. Earlier this year, the airline changed its once-generous full refund policy (in the form of a travel credit) in the event of a fare drop after purchase.

From the JetBlue media release:
    "Beginning in the first half of 2015, customers will be able to choose between three branded fare bundle options. The first of these will be designed for customers who do not plan to check a bag, while the latter two will offer one and two free checked bags, respectively, along with other attractive benefits, including additional TrueBlue points and increased flexibility. This new merchandising platform will enable JetBlue to tailor its offering to individual customers' needs in a way that is simple and transparent."
    That will leave only Southwest, for now, offering a free checked bag.

This sounds similar to Frontier's pricing model, which offers its lowest fares if you pay for a checked and/or a carryon bag. American has a similar model with its "choice" fares.
    The real question is: will JetBlue's no-checked-bag fares be the same or lower as their current lowest fares. Our guess is they'll be the same, meaning you won't get a "discount" for not checking a bag. JetBlue reckons they'll earn an extra $400 million per year with these new fare bundles. And another question: will online travel agencies be able to show the different fare bundles? Most likely not, so that will drive traffic to JetBlue's website, which is the holy grail for any airline hoping to avoid referral fees from Kayak and the like.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    But Spirit, the airline that really sucks according to so many on here, their seat pitch in coach is just 28.6"! Jeezus Christ!!!! You gotta be a fucking midget to be comfortable on that airline. No wonder they suck donkey dicks!
    was reading the seat pitch stuff a couple months back but didn't mention it as I didn't want too many on here to think I was wailing on Spirit once again.....lol

if you have your free allowed personal bag that is close to the 16inlength x 14inwide x 12inHeight you can't get it under the seat in front of you on a Spirit plane......
    my Spirit personal bag runs 16 x 11height x 12width and never can squeeze it between the seat and under the seat in front of mi....impossible......
    and now I have new personal bag that runs 16length x 12tall x 11width........and I must rather have that extra inch on the height for the laptop than on the width.........
    the 11" height on the old one was a pain in the ass as I had to angle the laptop in so it would fit.......now I don't have to worry about it
    so now I just throw my personal bag above with the carryons and don't worry about it.....and they never say anything.....
    and I never see the flight attendants monitor what bags are going in the carry on bins.......guess they figure that is every bodies else s job.......
    and with that size personal bag you can fit a ton of chit in it........mi always amazed how much mi pack in that Spirit personal bag

for carry ons Spirit allows a 22in L x 18in W x 10in H......and yet to find a used 18 inch wide carry on....very unusual width......
    someday mi will find one....though Spirit will change the dimensions on us by then.....lol

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

JetBlue Airways adds $20 checked bag fee per one-way trip

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0ZF2HF20150630

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Damn I just added the Jetblue American Express 2 months ago, booking with it better have free chk bag perk !!!
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd View Post
    Damn I just added the Jetblue American Express 2 months ago, booking with it better have free chk bag perk !!!
    I just got that card also.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd View Post
    If you look at the site, they are ending partnership with Amex 12/31/15.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thread Information