Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 12/2014 - 15/11 to 30/11 - Boots on the Beach.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Re: 12/2014 - 15/11 to 30/11 - Boots on the Beach.

Yup. Hopefully winter will be over before I return.

Hope things are back to normal for you next trip, last 4 days were crackdown days. Irie said it seems to be slowing though.

Make sure you keep your contacts updated just to be safe though....

Not much fun posting up to watch the world go by and it is all guys.....

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Many thanks for the report. When do you return? December?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    Synopsis:

Met some new girls this trip, one is a keeper. Was actually an old one that I had never had a chance to be with. Rancho Tipico keeps on giving....

D'Piero is still my go to spot. If the new red light area does occur it is about the same distance the other way.

Chica crackdown was a pain, still managed to do 2 a day during it so no problemo.

Weather was good, made the beach most days that I wanted to.

Food was good, tried some new spots and some old. Brit is always the go to spot.

Flight back was the only glitch, weather related. Total of 4 hours of delays. Es la vida.

Biggest issue has been getting onto ISOC, think my provider has blocked them or the upgrade has caused a glitch. Managed to get on by finding an old email about a PM and getting on that way. Even TOR browser would not connect.
    What's with all this?
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Thanks for your report! Glad you had a good time. I am thinking about December also this year.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Thanks for the report and good seeing you again.

Many thanks for the donation. It's already being put to good use.
    Vida es buena....

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I enjoy the reports now as it gives me a chance to look back and remember.

I'll be down the first 2 weeks, if the stars align it would bea pleasure to meet you. Always enjoy meeting BM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Thanks for your report! Glad you had a good time. I am thinking about December also this year.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pleasure to see you, as always. Nice to see you getting to unwind a little.

More donations to follow, glad they are getting used.

To others reading.... I started bringing down old clothes after reading about people losing everything in floods a few years ago. Irie is good enough to find the people who are in need.

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    Thanks for the report and good seeing you again.

Many thanks for the donation. It's already being put to good use.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I have time off scheduled in December.

Might consider a return at that time as well.

Very informative report!

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Would be nice to see you again.

If we get enough people we can reserve a VIP at Classico's......

NOT!!!!!!

But would be nice to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    I have time off scheduled in December.

Might consider a return at that time as well.

Very informative report!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One afternoon went to Pica Flor with a friend. Still nothing worth the ROI to me, better can be had for cheaper.

Place was not that busy, only one villa crew partying in the corner and a few stragglers.

Started with about 50 or 60 girls on premise, then they started loading them into vans and shipping them out. Ended with about 6 or 8 girls walking around.

Some did get returned after a while but the numbers did not return to close to original.

Drink prices are normal and food was priced fairly. Had a cheeseburger (same price as hamburger). Filled the void and was reasonable price.

Have girls of all shapes and sizes. Makes a nice change from routine. Girls are not aggressive. Every so often the staff go around and get the girls to walk around.

Both times I've been there the girls generally spend most of their time just sitting around. Maybe it is different at night or when they are really busy.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Would be nice to see you again.

If we get enough people we can reserve a VIP at Classico's......

NOT!!!!!!

But would be nice to see you again.
    And you as well sir!

But I think you said you would be there the first 2 weeks of the month. If I return, it won't be until about the middle of December, maybe the 13th or so.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

One afternoon went to Pica Flor with a friend. Still nothing worth the ROI to me, better can be had for cheaper.

Place was not that busy, only one villa crew partying in the corner and a few stragglers.

Started with about 50 or 60 girls on premise, then they started loading them into vans and shipping them out. Ended with about 6 or 8 girls walking around.

Some did get returned after a while but the numbers did not return to close to original.

Drink prices are normal and food was priced fairly. Had a cheeseburger (same price as hamburger). Filled the void and was reasonable price.

Have girls of all shapes and sizes. Makes a nice change from routine. Girls are not aggressive. Every so often the staff go around and get the girls to walk around.

Both times I've been there the girls generally spend most of their time just sitting around. Maybe it is different at night or when they are really busy.
    same same

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Would be same as last time. I am planning to fly out on the 16th. Couple of nights to shoot the breeze is better than none.

And you as well sir!

But I think you said you would be there the first 2 weeks of the month. If I return, it won't be until about the middle of December, maybe the 13th or so.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Would be same as last time. I am planning to fly out on the 16th. Couple of nights to shoot the breeze is better than none.
    I have a good buddy of mine who was thinking of returning to Thailand then. I told him about my time in the DR last December, how much cheaper the flight was there as opposed to Bangkok, and he just might join me. He hasn't been to the DR, Sosua, since 2009, so lots of changes since, the least being the exchange rate, was 32/1 then, now damn near 50/1 now, for the USD.

Will let you know later this year. But a very good chance. You aren't the only one who likes those daily specials at the Britannia!

How the hell does our friend, Irie, do it? Sea bass with side for 300 pesos? Fuck....thats at least an 800 peso dish where I'm at!

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

I have a good buddy of mine who was thinking of returning to Thailand then. I told him about my time in the DR last December, how much cheaper the flight was there as opposed to Bangkok, and he just might join me. He hasn't been to the DR, Sosua, since 2009, so lots of changes since, the least being the exchange rate, was 32/1 then, now damn near 50/1 now, for the USD.

Will let you know later this year. But a very good chance. You aren't the only one who likes those daily specials at the Britannia!

How the hell does our friend, Irie, do it? Sea bass with side for 300 pesos? Fuck....thats at least an 800 peso dish where I'm at!
    Smoke and mirrors.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Food was mostly at the Britannia.

Some other spots I hit:

Chakka, had the pizza. Thin crust pizza but pretty good and the the price of the specials was not that bad. Decent amount of toppings. (Old Rancho Tipico)

El Conde, Friday night meat pie special. Got there late so the choices were limited. Ordered the beef but ended up with the chicken. Really tasty and decent amount of food. (Corner of Rosen and Martinez, right where all the change sellers sit)

SchlemmerStube, schnitzel. Hit and miss. One time was as good as has been in the past, other time very salty. Generally a good spot to chica watch as well.

New pizza place, can't remember the name. On the side street beside the old D'Latin. Beside the Chinese Restaurant, in the plaza with the Cigar Bar. Again thin crust but with lots of toppings. Had Meat Lover both times. About 450 pesos. Pizza was really good and the portion was very filling.

Flip Flop Bar, wings special. Wednesday has a special with beer and 6 wings (300 pesos I think). Wings are a really good size, almost drumsticks. Had the Garlic Parmesan and they were good. Friend had the Buffalo Wings and said they were spicy/hot. (Beach Road, at the stairs, used to be Happy Birthday Bar).

Breakfast was always at the D'Piero, part of the room rate. Always good.

30. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

You'll be surprised that flights to Thailand from the US is about the same or cheaper than going to Sosua.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    You'll be surprised that flights to Thailand from the US is about the same or cheaper than going to Sosua.
    Yes, that can be the case, but it can depend on the time of year.

While debating my travels last year for my December holiday, I checked kayak numerous times for fares to Bangkok from San Francisco. I normally paid around $900-1000 for a return flight with Eva Air. But last year, on the dates I had planned to fly, Eva had shot up to just a few bucks under $1600 usd. Same days to the DR, booking separate 1 way fares with different airlines, and selecting the extra leg room seats both ways, I paid just a bit over $1,000 usd.

I wound up going to Thailand in March instead. That Eva flight that was close to $1600 in December, was just $678 in March. I wound up using my cc points to book a premium economy fare, which was $1278 usd, but as my points took care of $700 of that fare, my out of pocket cost was under $600.

As of now, when looking ahead to this coming December, I see Eva was already sporting economy fares for my projected travel dates of over $1300. Same dates traveling to SDQ on JetBlue was just over $900.

Leaning toward the Caribbean.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Food was mostly at the Britannia.

Some other spots I hit:

Chakka, had the pizza. Thin crust pizza but pretty good and the the price of the specials was not that bad. Decent amount of toppings. (Old Rancho Tipico)

El Conde, Friday night meat pie special. Got there late so the choices were limited. Ordered the beef but ended up with the chicken. Really tasty and decent amount of food. (Corner of Rosen and Martinez, right where all the change sellers sit)

SchlemmerStube, schnitzel. Hit and miss. One time was as good as has been in the past, other time very salty. Generally a good spot to chica watch as well.

New pizza place, can't remember the name. On the side street beside the old D'Latin. Beside the Chinese Restaurant, in the plaza with the Cigar Bar. Again thin crust but with lots of toppings. Had Meat Lover both times. About 450 pesos. Pizza was really good and the portion was very filling.

Flip Flop Bar, wings special. Wednesday has a special with beer and 6 wings (300 pesos I think). Wings are a really good size, almost drumsticks. Had the Garlic Parmesan and they were good. Friend had the Buffalo Wings and said they were spicy/hot. (Beach Road, at the stairs, used to be Happy Birthday Bar).

Breakfast was always at the D'Piero, part of the room rate. Always good.

The pizza was at the new La Ceiba Restaurant

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

The pizza at the new Ceiba Cafe is amazing. And having Ceiba right here in Sosua is terrific The other night there was live music to go with my delicious order of Bruchetta. I was expecting a few slices of Italian bread with tomato and basil, and out comes a whole focaccia just slathered with wedges of ripe cherry tomato and chopped basil dressed in a lovely olive oil. You just can't go wrong at Ceiba Cafe.

38. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One night in Bar Central. Sitting at the window watching the girls walk by.....

American guy from Colorado sits down and we chat. His second trip after 4 year break.

Haitian girl sits down beside him and tries talking. His spanish is non existent, her english is almost non-existent. My spanish is crap but I have enough rusty french to manage basic communication to translate.

He gets up and staggers off towards the washroom (I thought) with his beer, leaves a Samsung Galaxy Edge smartphone on the counter where he was sitting.

15 to 20 minutes later it's my turn for the washroom and he has not re-appeared. Try to get the phone so can hold for him but the chica is quicker and grabs it saying we will take it to the washroom for him. He is not there, I go in, she is not there..... big shock.

Half an hour later I see him wandering (lurching) down PC. Tell him he has lost his phone, he does not care "it is locked".

Couldn't figure why it annoyed me so much. Was not my phone. He did not care. Girl got a free payday.

Still not sure why it bothered me, maybe just that somebody got taken advantage of, or that somebody was stupid and maybe should not have been allowed out without proper supervision.

Always be aware of what you are doing and where you are. This may be Adult Disneyland and you can screw Minnie Mouse, but she can screw you too.

Thread Information