Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/2014 - 15/11 to 30/11 - Boots on the Beach.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Re: 12/2014 - 15/11 to 30/11 - Boots on the Beach.

Rancho Tipico.

Those who like it, have their reasons. Those who don't like it, also have their reasons.

I like it and spent a lot of time there. Food specials are some of the best values in the area, just look for all the expats eating there.

Music list is very repetitive but since I enjoy it, there was no issue.

Doesn't really get going until about 10:30ish at night, but can stay busy until 2 or 3.

Girls are the best feature, but there is a high turnover. Buy the girls a tipico drink and you will have a new best friend (250 pesos, 50 to the girl) but a line of other girls trying to get one too. Bought them the first 2 nights to get the mood going but saw how fast it added up and how some girls bought without permission at times, stopped it outright.

Girls can be available, but have to wait until after 3 or 4 am to go. Deal is with girl, nothing to do with bar.

Owner, Ad, is an @sshole. Just ask him, he'll tell you himself.

Away from the strip, away from most of the BS. Recently expanded in size, still gets crowded.

Big thread on it on the board, this is my summary synopsis.

Nice new mens room, most of my time there it was sharing the ladies room, not complaining....

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pedro Clisante:

Didn't do a lot of activity on there this trip.

Rhumba's: Realized I have never taken a girl from Rhumba's, nothing different this trip. Most nights the quality was down from previous, picked up on weekends. Don't know if I've finally lost the new gringo smell or got uglier (no opinions please ), less grabbing and tugging this trip. Some girls in afternoon and early evening but busiest before Clasico's open.

Bar Central/Haitian Embassy: Went a few times but never took anyone. Again quality seemed down a bit. Put moto money in back pocket one night and got it stolen, only 100 pesos but second time, something to keep in mind. Sometimes busy, sometimes quiet.

Clasico's: Only went once, stood downstairs a couple of other times. Quality down again. Found a cutie who went from GFE to rulebook ho back in the room. Mechanical but nice body. The one visit was almost about to leave due to poor quality before found one that I liked. Downstairs did not give any reason to head upstairs.

Club X: Never went, usually at RT or in bed when it got going.

D'Latin: Still closed.

El Flow/Premium: closed during this trip.

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Always refreshing to pop my head in and see that guys are still enjoying the good ole Sou for what its worth.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Trying to enjoy it while it stays good. Too many stories floating around for there not to be some change at some point..... but it is the DR, so may not be in my lifetime hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemp View Post
    Always refreshing to pop my head in and see that guys are still enjoying the good ole Sou for what its worth.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,404 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    Trying to enjoy it while it stays good. Too many stories floating around for there not to be some change at some point..... but it is the DR, so may not be in my lifetime hopefully.
    Yea but Sosua is a small piece of DR and all them chicas aren't living the country any century soon.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Playa Sosua:

Always the highlight of the trip. Whenever I land I can't wait until I get to the beach.

Lined with bars, restaurants and stores. Has a unique vibe, you know you are not in Punta Cana.

Always stories that the beach will be developed in the near future, will be a sad day in history.

Most important aspect of the beach is chica watching. Somedays you get a sore neck, other days a lot quieter.

This trip seemed a little down overall. Still some quality at times less quantity.

A lot a BM's and expats throughout the beach, everyone has their favourite areas. Mine is between 142 (Meeting Point) and 146 (Bonanza). Closer to the waves.

Staying further out this trip, when I took a moto to the beach it would take me to the steps alongside the highway. Takes you to about #67 so saves a little walking.

If you still have the new gringo smell the beach vendors will try to get you into their place. If you just ignore them it will not break their heart and will save you money and time. They are just doing their job.

After the beach check out Rhumba's for an early session, again hit and miss.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

BM's & Ex-Pat's:

To me the difference between a good trip and a great trip is the people you meet. Met some good people this trip and reacquainted with some old friends. Being down by yourself can be a good trip, having the chance to shoot the breeze with like minded folks is like the cherry on the Sundae.

On your first few trips the information you can learn is worth it's weight in gold. Had the pleasure of listening in on a rookie getting schooled by experienced members, hope he took it in.

Always enjoy meeting new people and this trip was no exception. Whether we met just the once or throughout the trip I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Good info was shared both ways and I hope I gave as good as I got. It's all about sharing, just not at the same time....

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Albeit briefly, it was good to meet you DV and your updated intel in this report prior to my arrival was helpful.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pleasure to meet you as well. I have a hard time hearing in noisy, busy places so I tend to come off as the quiet type.

Glad my info was of some help, hope the updates help others. 100% for sure the updates of others will help with my next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Albeit briefly, it was good to meet you DV and your updated intel in this report prior to my arrival was helpful.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Food:

More places to eat in Sosua than there is time to try them.

Ate at Rockies once (day after Rick's problem, without knowing). Food was good, breakfast, but was slow. Every time I passed this trip it was completely empty.

Ate at La Costera a couple of times. A lot of food for the money and not expensive. Something in the food did not agree completely with me but many others have no issues.

Ate at Britannia a few times, food was good. Had the lunch special a couple of times and was really good value. Owner is a good guy.

Ate on the beach a few times, never a problem, food was good.

Ate once at El Rancho across Casa Cayena, good food at a decent price.

Ate at the German place beside Bar Central, good food at a good price.

In the past have eaten at Casa Cayena, Bailey's, Bourbon House. All were good.

Most times this trip was the special at Rancho Tipico. Awesome value. Can't say enough about the ribs and the steak specials, would eat them every day....

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Chica's:

Had one wanted to play the long game this trip. Went with her 3 times as the sex was good. Lots of foreplay on the patio in the dark. Personal info not given. She was older but still had a fairly decent body. Don't want the inevitable WU calls.

One from Clasico's. Looked very nice in the club and gave off a friendly vibe. Back in the room out came the rule book, mechanical but got the job done. In the club looked really good, saw her on the beach a couple of times later in the trip and still looked okay but nothing like the club. Incredible ass though, was a nice surprise.

Three from RT. One that was a good gfe (waitress). Second one was also a waitress (her and sister both worked there), she was fired the next day (just coincidence). Decent body, magnificent chest. Paid for TLN and bailed in the morning with nada. Good session before sleep though. No more TLN's, get crappy sleep, was nice to hold on to the pillows at night though. Day after she was fired she tried for another session, nope. Third was one of the pro's that sits around the outside ring, has an oriental look. Saw her last trip and wanted to try. Very pretty but mechanical, no connection.

One that used to work at RT and now works the beach. Had her last trip as well, last time was much better. Still relatively GFE but more pro now.

The starfish from the last trip was on the beach one day and bought a Corona, then asked me to pay for it..... guess how that went....

One night was bizarre. Later in the night after a couple of beers or so, we were at Bar Central. Girl there had her tongue in my mouth within 30 seconds, full access within 3 minutes while still at the bar. Spidey sense was tingling and never took her. Later in the trip she showed at RT and security would not let her in, problem avoided. Saw her a few times (small town) but never took her.

Lots of opportunities, just went with my instincts and tried to let the big head do most of the thinking.

Some were good, some were average, but none were bad, just had some stupid stuff attached. Happy with that.

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Food & Booze & Pills:

There are a few small colmados around town for picking up emergency stuff. Used the one near Rockies when I stayed in that area. Another on PC out by the old Passions. One up by Palms/Tradewinds.

For more than the basic there is the small Playero just up from the beach access off Pedro. The Supermercado on the highway just up from there for more selection. Another store down the highway past DR Rosen about a block or 2. Lastly there is Super Pola at the other end of town down by Tradewinds. Best choice and selection are at the Supermercado and Super Pola, more like NA style grocery stores with a lot of choices for booze.

Best place I've found for alcohol choice is Surf Liquor on Pedro. A few blocks past Citylights/Big Mamma's on the other side of the street. I'm biased though since it is the only place I've found my Zacapa 23yr old rum.

The only pharmacy I've used has been the one beside the small playero on PC, needed stuff for an obnoxious migraine and the had OTC stuff. Worked and didn't grow an extra head. Only issue with the pharm and playero is the accumulation of beggars and change/viagara/chicas vendors right in front.

As for Vitamin V & C, the sellers are everywhere. Shop around for price. Don't have to so didn't do so.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Changing Money:

Best rates are at Banks and Western Union. At WU I had to show a copy of my passport. At the bank had to wait in line for 15 minutes, gave up second time and used the street.

Street is a bit lower, the guys at the corner by Casa Cayena were usually fairly good in the past. Change guy beside Rockies has generally been good, only once did he give the wrong money but paid up right away. Used him many times since and no issue.
    Guy beside El Flow/Premium will burn in hell before I even go near there. Problems with counting, rate nosedives over time and at night. When it was 38 pesos it started at 37 and went down in a one week period to 35. Actual rate never changed when checked later on XE.com.

Use XE.com to see the actual exchange, but you will not see that. It will give you an idea if your are getting gouged or not.

Try not to change on a Sunday unless you know the guy and have used him. Banks are closed, as is WU, so the rate may drop quite a bit. Got hosed by that on my first trip.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If any BM's notice the info I'm giving is not completely accurate please feel free to correct me. Want to make sure the best information is available to everyone.

Promise not to argue too much.....

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

If any BM's notice the info I'm giving is not completely accurate please feel free to correct me. Want to make sure the best information is available to everyone.

Promise not to argue too much.....
    Food & Booze & Pills:

There are a few small colmados around town for picking up emergency stuff. Used the one near Rockies when I stayed in that area. Another on PC out by the old Passions. One up by Palms/Tradewinds.

For more than the basic there is the small Playero just up from the beach access off Pedro. The Supermercado on the highway just up from there for more selection. Another store down the highway past DR Rosen about a block or 2. Lastly there is Super Pola at the other end of town down by Tradewinds. Best choice and selection are at the Supermercado and Super Pola, more like NA style grocery stores with a lot of choices for booze.

Best place I've found for alcohol choice is Surf Liquor on Pedro. A few blocks past Citylights/Big Mamma's on the other side of the street. I'm biased though since it is the only place I've found my Zacapa 23yr old rum.

The only pharmacy I've used has been the one beside the small playero on PC, needed stuff for an obnoxious migraine and the had OTC stuff. Worked and didn't grow an extra head. Only issue with the pharm and playero is the accumulation of beggars and change/viagara/chicas vendors right in front.

As for Vitamin V & C, the sellers are everywhere. Shop around for price. Don't have to so didn't do so.

You mean the Super Super Liquor Store? Next time try the duty free if you can for the 23 Solara Zacapa, in Mexico and Panama Duty Free sometimes they have specials for two 1 litre bottles for US$86 total. Not sure if you could find that in the Miami airport but it wouldn't hurt to try (of course stay away from the POP airport duty free they want US$29 for a bottle of Barcelo Imperial for fucks sake!) Also, try the Atlantico rum from Super Super (maybe also sold in Playero). It is pretty nice and less expensive than the Dominican price for Zacapa 23.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks. Haven't used it for a while so thought the name might not be right. Found in the past I usually had too much hard liquor on hand so generally bring down bottle of scotch from the airport duty free and stick mostly to beer. Normally I bring back a bottle of good stuff with time to savour properly.

Thanks for the tip on Atlantico, might try that next time. Brought back a bottle of Opthimus (?) 25yr old. Pretty good and smooth, but $75us.

That is an amzaing price for Zacapa, think Super Super is about that price for one bottle (been a couple of years so may be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    You mean the Super Super Liquor Store? Next time try the duty free if you can for the 23 Solara Zacapa, in Mexico and Panama Duty Free sometimes they have specials for two 1 litre bottles for US$86 total. Not sure if you could find that in the Miami airport but it wouldn't hurt to try (of course stay away from the POP airport duty free they want US$29 for a bottle of Barcelo Imperial for fucks sake!) Also, try the Atlantico rum from Super Super (maybe also sold in Playero). It is pretty nice and less expensive than the Dominican price for Zacapa 23.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

www.atlantico.com I thought it was a blend of rums bottled in the D.R., or it was a blend of D.R. rums bottled elsewhere. Something like that.

I did not know they had 3 types, I have only had the one with the yellow label, and I think that is the higher end bottle. Cafe Cubano sells it by the glass so you could always try a drink there first to see if you like it.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Changing Money:

Best rates are at Banks and Western Union. At WU I had to show a copy of my passport. At the bank had to wait in line for 15 minutes, gave up second time and used the street.

Street is a bit lower, the guys at the corner by Casa Cayena were usually fairly good in the past. Change guy beside Rockies has generally been good, only once did he give the wrong money but paid up right away. Used him many times since and no issue.
    Guy beside El Flow/Premium will burn in hell before I even go near there. Problems with counting, rate nosedives over time and at night. When it was 38 pesos it started at 37 and went down in a one week period to 35. Actual rate never changed when checked later on XE.com.

Use XE.com to see the actual exchange, but you will not see that. It will give you an idea if your are getting gouged or not.

Try not to change on a Sunday unless you know the guy and have used him. Banks are closed, as is WU, so the rate may drop quite a bit. Got hosed by that on my first trip.
    I usually just hit the ATMs.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Some dinosaurs like me still like using cash. Hate the ATM fee's. Also there was a report about ATM card readers installed on machines in Sosua last year, the ring was busted.
    There are some banks that eat the fees, mine doesn't, so this works best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I usually just hit the ATMs.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Some dinosaurs like me still like using cash. Hate the ATM fee's. Also there was a report about ATM card readers installed on machines in Sosua last year, the ring was busted.
    There are some banks that eat the fees, mine doesn't, so this works best for me.
    Cash is great until you get robbed and they take it all.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread Information