Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 01/2015 - Question about D'Pieros,,,,,,,

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

01/2015 - Question about D'Pieros,,,,,,,

I was just wondering if anybody has stayed at Dpieros recently( within the last year),,,and what they thought of it,,,,

My man Tgunzz recommends it,,, and that is good enough for me,,,,but I just wanted to get the feelings of any others that may have stayed there in the last year.

I enquired a few days ago ,,,and the guy said they were full on my dates,,,,,However today I received an email saying that an Italian guy cancelled ,,and he has an Apartment available with breakfast,, and an equipped kitchen for $50 a night,,,,,

I usually stay at Casa Valeria or Victorian House,,, but I would like to have a kitchen this time,,,,,,

I will be staying some of my trip in at my favoritas place ,,,but it has no AC,,,,,and I would like to stay par of the other half at a place with a kitchen and AC in at least the bedroom.,,,,before heading to other parts of the country,,,,,,

Most of you know my deal by now,,,,,I will be with the favorita,,,,,,,,,and play around a little on the side,,,,So I don't care how they are as far as bringing chicas back to the room,,,,,as I will use Dolce Secreto,,,and Bar Central for side sessions,,,,

I was more concerned with having a stocked kitchen,,,,how the pool is,,,,,Is it real noisy or a little quiet at night ,,,,,

Now I know what Mikelodges opinion would be,,,,,,,,,,,but I figured I would get some others as well,,,,,,

Thanks for any input you may have ,,,,,,,
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 214 Posts

Re: Question about D'Pieros,,,,,,,

I stay here…the price is unbeatable, the pool is clean but noone use it. The prices at Victorian house and Valeria are insane, for a one month stay and I like to walk. Only drive home at night with a moto. The Breakfast is nothing special, its enuff for me.
    At night I hear the noise from Samba Brazil (Peters new bar) till 2-3 am, but I dont sleep earlier.
    I talk to the other guests and they dont hear it, so it depends were your room is.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ratt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

I have stayed there and I have no complaints

Actually it is pretty nice because it is quiet and off on a side street.

Depending what room you are in there is some noise from Samba but not to bad.

I like the location because I enjoy hanging out at Rancho Tipico and it is close to there.

The airport pickup is free if you stay for more than 4 days

I have always stayed in a big or normal room. Not huge but sufficient.
    AC, water and wifi have not been an issue.
    I guess they offer breakfast to but never partook because I was never up early enough for it.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Re: 01/2015 - Question about D'Pieros,,,,,,,

Thank You #9 for opening a thread where I can finally ask the following question....

WHERE IS MIKELODGE??

See these 2 questions are completely related too.

Happy New Year #9!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    I was just wondering if anybody has stayed at Dpieros recently( within the last year),,,and what they thought of it,,,,

My man Tgunzz recommends it,,, and that is good enough for me,,,,but I just wanted to get the feelings of any others that may have stayed there in the last year.

I enquired a few days ago ,,,and the guy said they were full on my dates,,,,,However today I received an email saying that an Italian guy cancelled ,,and he has an Apartment available with breakfast,, and an equipped kitchen for $50 a night,,,,,

I usually stay at Casa Valeria or Victorian House,,, but I would like to have a kitchen this time,,,,,,

I will be staying some of my trip in at my favoritas place ,,,but it has no AC,,,,,and I would like to stay par of the other half at a place with a kitchen and AC in at least the bedroom.,,,,before heading to other parts of the country,,,,,,

Most of you know my deal by now,,,,,I will be with the favorita,,,,,,,,,and play around a little on the side,,,,So I don't care how they are as far as bringing chicas back to the room,,,,,as I will use Dolce Secreto,,,and Bar Central for side sessions,,,,

I was more concerned with having a stocked kitchen,,,,how the pool is,,,,,Is it real noisy or a little quiet at night ,,,,,

Now I know what Mikelodges opinion would be,,,,,,,,,,,but I figured I would get some others as well,,,,,,

Thanks for any input you may have ,,,,,,,
    i have stayed there many times and although Piero is a friend of mine I like to be fair and tell what I think is the truth.
    In my opinion it is a good place to stay but there are a couple of things that could be way better. Yes there is a kitchen but it's not really the best you can get. The ovens work so so and forget about having full sets of good kitchen knives. Sometimes the cleaning service is not really the best ( depending on who is on service that day) and the breakfast is decent but for sure not great. Overall it's a good place for the money....
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
    I stay here…the price is unbeatable, the pool is clean but noone use it. The prices at Victorian house and Valeria are insane, for a one month stay and I like to walk. Only drive home at night with a moto. The Breakfast is nothing special, its enuff for me.
    At night I hear the noise from Samba Brazil (Peters new bar) till 2-3 am, but I dont sleep earlier.
    I talk to the other guests and they dont hear it, so it depends were your room is.

Man.. you lost me. Isn't D'Piero down by the waterfront? Isn't Peter's place (Samba) the old Passions? Aren't they like a mile apart?
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

About 4 or 5 years ago we stayed there - from memory our only problem with the place were the fucking parrots singing every morning to wake you up - apart from that - it met our needs.

didnt mike lodge become Chica seeker? Or am I confused?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstar View Post
    About 4 or 5 years ago we stayed there - from memory our only problem with the place were the fucking parrots singing every morning to wake you up - apart from that - it met our needs.

Chica seeker is someone else. Married a Cibao girl.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstar View Post

Mike Lodge left after we discovered he was full of shit.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Man.. you lost me. Isn't D'Piero down by the waterfront? Isn't Peter's place (Samba) the old Passions? Aren't they like a mile apart?

Nope it is up the little side street from the Zolio supermarket.

There is a small sign there but unless you have been passed it you wouldn't even know it is there.

Map not the best but it gives you an idea

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Isn't D'Piero down by the waterfront? Isn't Peter's place (Samba) the old Passions?
    No. Dpiero is next to passion. Samba is a new bar between Passion and Dpiero.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ratt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

Which guy had a big tash?

mike or Chica seaker?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks Ratt,,,,
    Yeah,, I don't think I would stay at Victoria House or Casa Valeria for a month,,,,,,
    But I like both places a lot for short stays of under a week,,,,,,,,,

I do have a feeling that if I do eat breakfast at Dpieros, that I will need to probably go somewhere else for seconds,,,,
    But that's okay,,cuz i'll probably have to go somewhere that has mangu for my chica,,,,,,,,,,unless she cooks it in the room,,,,,

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    I have stayed there and I have no complaints

Actually it is pretty nice because it is quiet and off on a side street.

Depending what room you are in there is some noise from Samba but not to bad.

I like the location because I enjoy hanging out at Rancho Tipico and it is close to there.

The airport pickup is free if you stay for more than 4 days

I have always stayed in a big or normal room. Not huge but sufficient.
    AC, water and wifi have not been an issue.
    I guess they offer breakfast to but never partook because I was never up early enough for it.

Thanks JD,,,,

If I stay there,,,,Ill probably ask him for a room further away from Samba,,,,,as I'm not a real late nighter any more ,,,
    And yes,, he did tell me that he would pick me up at the airport( and take me back),, included in the room price,,,,so that it is a good deal,,

I guess the apartments are a little bigger than the regular rooms,,,,,,

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Diaz View Post
    Thank You #9 for opening a thread where I can finally ask the following question....

WHERE IS MIKELODGE??

See these 2 questions are completely related too.

Happy New Year #9!

Happy New Year to you as well Agent 35 ( and climbimbing)

Yeah,,,its been a minute since we heard from Lodge,,,,

Bet ya he'd love this thread though huh,,,,,,

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElCristo View Post
    i have stayed there many times and although Piero is a friend of mine I like to be fair and tell what I think is the truth.
    In my opinion it is a good place to stay but there are a couple of things that could be way better. Yes there is a kitchen but it's not really the best you can get. The ovens work so so and forget about having full sets of good kitchen knives. Sometimes the cleaning service is not really the best ( depending on who is on service that day) and the breakfast is decent but for sure not great. Overall it's a good place for the money....

Thanks for the review Christo,,,,,

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism,,,,,,

Most of our cooking would probably done in frying pans,,,,and sauté pans,,,,so hopefully he has those,,,,,

When I stayed at the executive suites at the Mary Rose I had to go downstairs and ask for more pans and utensils ,,,,and milka supplied my favorita with what she needed,,,,,so hopefully if Dpiero doesn't have what we need , he could do the same ,,,,

But like you said ,,,An apartment with a fairly useable kitchen ,,,and airport pickup and return for $ 50 is not bad for the money,,,,,

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No. Dpiero is next to passion. Samba is a new bar between Passion and Dpiero.
    OK, got my head on right again. I was confusing DPiero with Piergiorgio. My bad. Thanks guys.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

I had issues my first stay with the birds as well. Just like the thunderstorms . However, that problem has been rectified!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Happy New Year to you as well Agent 35 ( and climbimbing)

Yeah,,,its been a minute since we heard from Lodge,,,,

Bet ya he'd love this thread though huh,,,,,,
    Love it? I think he'd go crazy in this thread. He's highjacked threads about other hotels before and now a thread devoted to his favorite hotel? I think he'd be arranging discounts for all! I remember one time someone said they were having trouble contacting Piero and step in Mike Lodge...BOOOMMM problems got resolved easyy.

Jokes aside it was nice to have someone like that on board. I remember reading his recommendations so much that I stayed there once myself and I had a pretty good stay. That was a while ago though.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks JD,,,,

If I stay there,,,,Ill probably ask him for a room further away from Samba,,,,,as I'm not a real late nighter any more ,,,
    And yes,, he did tell me that he would pick me up at the airport( and take me back),, included in the room price,,,,so that it is a good deal,,

I guess the apartments are a little bigger than the regular rooms,,,,,,

Yes they are.
    I have not stayed in an apartment there but I have been in one and they are pretty good size

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information